Page 98 of 186 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    A little late on that one, Max. But yeah, it's cool!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A little late on that one, Max. But yeah, it's cool!
    Sorry about that. Christmas season and retail work -- I've been either working or asleep, recovering for a new shift most of the weekend.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    thats been my one complaint about the "image" thermometer. A Java based thermometer [which DO exist] that updates via live sale numbers would be more trusting on there part.
    But we are talking about a very big business... so numbers "fudging" to improve profits [which is what they care about] is to be expected.
    There will still be a last minute crush of sales. I don't know why anyone that wants to order would wait until the last minute, it doesn't cost anymore or less to order, unlike the subs which charge at order time. But there will be a last minute boost....let's hope it is enough to get to where Mattel can invest.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    There will still be a last minute crush of sales. I don't know why anyone that wants to order would wait until the last minute, it doesn't cost anymore or less to order, unlike the subs which charge at order time. But there will be a last minute boost....let's hope it is enough to get to where Mattel can invest.
    The other online retailers will put their orders in last minute so they only have to place one. Of course, when this goes over the minimum and the pre-orders are extended, they'll have to put in a second order...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Court Magician
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but my preorder has updated. It has now moved to the second spot on my order history, where as before it was on the bottom. Also it has a release date of December 11th 2013. That wasn't on there before.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull28 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but my preorder has updated. It has now moved to the second spot on my order history, where as before it was on the bottom. Also it has a release date of December 11th 2013. That wasn't on there before.
    That's...pretty encouraging, honestly.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull28 View Post
    still no change in my preorder

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Mine says Dec 11th too.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Sorry to burst any bubbles, that date was there from the beginning. At least I noticed it when I ordered back on October 16th.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I hope we hit this minimum, im wondering if we are that close maybe the they will extend the pre-order for a few more days to hit the mark, i know when it came down to the fan vote it was like 27 votes difference but im hoping we hit the mark first.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Court Magician
    I've got a 2 part Interview with Scott about Castle Grayskull. I tried to ask some questions I hadn't seen asked or answered before.

Part 1 - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...ch-interview-1

Part 2 - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...ch-interview-2

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I think the elephant in the room that you are refusing to acknowledge is that, besides a few people, nobody else is concerned about the issues you continually, across several treads, multiple times a day, list. Change in design team, possible changes in deco or design from the b-sheet, and loosing some features (which we have been assured will not happen and will hopefully get more than shown) are just not concerns that most of the fans here are worried about. I really am sorry the Hoverboard did not meet your expectations or needs, but the issues with the Hoverboard are not issues that a vast majority of Castle Grayskull fans are concerned about! No matter how many times you post your issues with the Hoverboard and how you think they apply to Castle Grayskull this will not change!
    With all due respect, I think the two elephants in the room you are refusing to acknowledge are (a) that the Hoverboard is the latest in a long line of deceptions Mattel has perpetuated against its customers that have destroyed our trust in the company, and (b) that Scott himself is fueling the fear caused by the Hoverboard issue. In addition the sketchy answer he gave bowspearer on the Mattycollector boards, Scott also gave this answer in JuliusMarx's interview on AFI:

Very surreal. CG isn’t just a playset, it is a pop culture and toy icon. We all feel a great sense of responsibility going into this to execute this right, not just for the fans but for toy history as well. I would put this, the Hoverboard and our upcoming Watchmen line as three of the items I am most honored to have been able to work on. It is intimidating and exciting at the same time!
    When you start comparing Castle Grayskull to one of the biggest screw-ups in Mattycollector history, people are naturally going to be fearful.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Woof. There are a lot of jaded collectors around here. I don't know of a single toy company that hasn't dropped the ball on whole lines, let alone one or two key products. Look at Hasbro! Hell, look at Hot Toys! There's a company that asks around $200 per figure! They have enormous levels of quality control, have the best tailors and sculptors on staff and they STILL screw up occasionally! It's not willful, it's not insidious, and nobody is ever happy about messing up. But it happens. People around here are taking those few mistakes Mattel has made with this line, and chalked it up to fundamental problems with their business model, or the way they conduct business, or the way they relate to their customers. Or worse, they act like we're being taken advantage of! That's absurd.
    This is an old company with a lot of passion for this brand. The only reason these figures aren't on store shelves is because there is no market for them except for the collector market. 30+ year-olds reliving the days of their extreme youth. That's nowhere near enough to sustain a really profitable line. You know what that tells me? They do this line for themselves as much as for us. You can tell they love this brand and want the best of all our childhoods represented. Mattel is the House He-Man (and Barbie) built.
    Can anyone deny that the MOTU line contains some of the very best work in toys that any of us have seen since we were 4? If you can, I feel you're in the wrong place.
    I'm not arguing for the sake of convincing you to preorder Grayskull. Don't. That's fine. But stop acting like Mattel, and the representatives who are good enough to talk to us here, are out to steal our lunch money and punch us in the face.
    Dial the vitriol back, please.

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I would like a CG, but I just don't feel committed to preorder before tonight's deadline. I'm pretty sure at this point that the castle will be made, but I'm not going to commit to something until I know it is 100% going to happen. So, if CG does get green-lighted after today, then I will put in my preorder. If it doesn't happen, then I just saved $300+ next year.
    You would not be spending 300 dollars next year if the castle is not greenlit. Any orders made would be cancelled immediately if they determined that the Castle was not going through. So basically they authorize your card for 0 bucks and it is then going to only go forward if the Castle goes into production and then you would be charged next fall/winter at release. They are not going to charge you a red cent if the castle dies tomorrow. Hopeful that you will join us in some new MOTUC real estate.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    With all due respect, I think the two elephants in the room you are refusing to acknowledge are (a) that the Hoverboard is the latest in a long line of deceptions Mattel has perpetuated against its customers that have destroyed our trust in the company, and (b) that Scott himself is fueling the fear caused by the Hoverboard issue. In addition the sketchy answer he gave bowspearer on the Mattycollector boards, Scott also gave this answer in JuliusMarx's interview on AFI:

When you start comparing Castle Grayskull to one of the biggest screw-ups in Mattycollector history, people are naturally going to be fearful.
    With all due respect, these are your perceptions and I do not share them! Simple as that!

my guess, they crossed the minimum days or weeks ago. This is the 2013 subs all over again. oh no so close just 7 or so percent to go. hey look amazing the sub sales jumped 40% in those last minutes. if the castle doesn't mystically pop up well beyond or even out the top of the turret at that last bit of time I will be shocked into near coma state.

it'll get made
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    my guess, they crossed the minimum days or weeks ago. This is the 2013 subs all over again. oh no so close just 7 or so percent to go. hey look amazing the sub sales jumped 40% in those last minutes. if the castle doesn't mystically pop up well beyond or even out the top of the turret at that last bit of time I will be shocked into near coma state.

it'll get made
    Yep...I agree 100%.
    This is done for two reasons.

1. To keep people buying and purchasing more than they want just to get it greenlit.
    2. To keep the fans at bay so they can say, "We barely hit the minimum..."

I understand it's a business and they are a corporation so I have no problem with it. It's a game...it's a tactic...and it's successful.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    With all due respect, these are your perceptions and I do not share them! Simple as that!
    Right so before when I pretty much the sole voice was presenting the precedents as a cause for concern, you were talking in absolutes and claiming "noone cares"; yet now that multiple people are saying the exact same things; it's all relative?

Perhaps you should consider actually properly examining the facts here rather than engaging in blind matty apologetics.

On another subject- it's interesting that the disclaimer about not being able to cancel seems to have been removed from the order description page. Does that mean Mattel are backing down from their previous position whereby customers didn't have en exit clause if they fubared (in which case, as the risk would be removed, I'd be happy to preorder one).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Woof. There are a lot of jaded collectors around here. I don't know of a single toy company that hasn't dropped the ball on whole lines, let alone one or two key products. Look at Hasbro! Hell, look at Hot Toys! There's a company that asks around $200 per figure! They have enormous levels of quality control, have the best tailors and sculptors on staff and they STILL screw up occasionally! It's not willful, it's not insidious, and nobody is ever happy about messing up. But it happens. People around here are taking those few mistakes Mattel has made with this line, and chalked it up to fundamental problems with their business model, or the way they conduct business, or the way they relate to their customers. Or worse, they act like we're being taken advantage of! That's absurd.
    This is an old company with a lot of passion for this brand. The only reason these figures aren't on store shelves is because there is no market for them except for the collector market. 30+ year-olds reliving the days of their extreme youth. That's nowhere near enough to sustain a really profitable line. You know what that tells me? They do this line for themselves as much as for us. You can tell they love this brand and want the best of all our childhoods represented. Mattel is the House He-Man (and Barbie) built.
    Can anyone deny that the MOTU line contains some of the very best work in toys that any of us have seen since we were 4? If you can, I feel you're in the wrong place.
    I'm not arguing for the sake of convincing you to preorder Grayskull. Don't. That's fine. But stop acting like Mattel, and the representatives who are good enough to talk to us here, are out to steal our lunch money and punch us in the face.
    Dial the vitriol back, please.
    If it were just product line screwups it would be one thing, however what you claim is absurd is actually historical fact. With the Hoverboard, not only did the advertise a prop replica and deliver a toy instead, but they then tried to lock people into buying something completely different to what they ordered. They tried gagging people on the forums and when that failed, they claimed people could cancel.

In practice though Digital River still stonewall and unless you scream at the person on the other end of a phone call threatening legal action, they insist on trying to scam you with the bait and switch that is the Hoverboard. Forget what Matty is telling you. I'm speaking from personal experience on this and from waht I've read, I'm not alone.

The reason people are saying Matty have acted like scammers isn't because they've dropped the ball on lines this time - it's because they, quite literally, have acted like scammers.
    Last edited by bowspearer; November 12, 2012 at 08:27am.

Whether or not the minimum amount has been reach already, the more collectors preorder, the better it is for the line and the playsets itself.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Right so before when I pretty much the sole voice was presenting the precedents as a cause for concern, you were talking in absolutes and claiming "noone cares"; yet now that multiple people are saying the exact same things; it's all relative?

Perhaps you should consider actually properly examining the facts here rather than engaging in blind matty apologetics.

On another subject- it's interesting that the disclaimer about not being able to cancel seems to have been removed from the order description page. Does that mean Mattel are backing down from their previous position whereby customers didn't have en exit clause if they fubared (in which case, as the risk would be removed, I'd be happy to preorder one).

- - - Updated - - -

If it were just product line screwups it would be one thing, however what you claim is absurd is actually historical fact. With the Hoverboard, not only did the advertise a prop replica and deliver a toy instead, but they then tried to lock people into buying something completely different to what they ordered. They tried gagging people on the forums and when that failed, they claimed people could cancel.

In practice though Digital River still stonewall and unless you scream at the person on the other end of a phone call threatening legal action, they insist on trying to scam you with the bait and switch that is the Hoverboard. Forget what Matty is telling you. I'm speaking from personal experience on this and from waht I've read, I'm not alone.

The reason people are saying Matty have acted like scammers isn't because they've dropped the ball on lines this time - it's because they, quite literally, have acted like scammers.
    Took me 5 mins on the phone to cancel my HB pre-order, maybe you should be nicer to them
    the ignore list is my new best friend

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    (Reply from the other thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Mattel has now raked in pledges total of $166,750 That is the budget a retail store has to meet on a day in the Christmas season! I wonder how much margin they are getting? Regardless, that amount is insane! They can take the 166,750 or walk. They would be stupid to not take the money and leave it on the table. Correct me if I am wrong here, but there were around 600is subs just on the Org right? Using that number and just by going on a 12 figure minimum plus the fee (since we can't be sure what 2013 will bring), that's $173,400 Mattel banked on the minimum in September. Over a quarter million just from one group of people????? They are idiots if this is not made!
    The problem is if they have to spend, say, $170k in sculpting, production, and the like in order to take in that $166K. I don't think it's likely that the number is that high, I'm just trying to illustrate the issue with them making the minimum order. It all comes down to what they decided their profit margin needed to be to go forward with CG.

For the record, I have a feeling it is going to happen.

I think I found your problem.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It's put up or shut up Time... Whining is over.. If you didn't put an order in .. our lose... I believe Scott & Mattel have been up front with us from day one on this line . There really is no gain on a small line like MOTUC everything is for the fans ..for you! Castle Grayskull in this form is almost dream come true! It maynot be our perfect idea or vision of the castle but it is MOTUC! I want a more filmation face to the castle ,but that is little details ... These cats have a opportunity to blow our minds with the dream Castle Grayskull! Give them the chance..I believe in the awesome ability of the 4 horsemen,Scott & Mattel.. I Love the designs ,the possibilities for what they have in store .Today is your day show them how much you Love this.line. As a I have promised I will show my idea of castle Grayskull on the forums...outbid 3 former castles! Long live MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    It's put up or shut up Time... Whining is over.. If you didn't put an order in .. our lose... I believe Scott & Mattel have been up front with us from day one on this line . There really is no gain on a small line like MOTUC everything is for the fans ..for you! Castle Grayskull in this form is almost dream come true! It maynot be our perfect idea or vision of the castle but it is MOTUC! I want a more filmation face to the castle ,but that is little details ... These cats have a opportunity to blow our minds with the dream Castle Grayskull! Give them the chance..I believe in the awesome ability of the 4 horsemen,Scott & Mattel.. I Love the designs ,the possibilities for what they have in store .Today is your day show them how much you Love this.line. As a I have promised I will show my idea of castle Grayskull on the forums...outbid 3 former castles! Long live MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!
    I agree. The possibilities are great. Hopefully when we see an update today it will be real close (I don't expect it to meet the minimum on the thermometer even if it indeed has in real time). I didn't order a hoverboard, mainly so I oculd afford more MOTUC figs, but this isn't the hoverboard, this isn't the same group of designers, it's the 4H and they will knock this one out of the park. Apples and oranges with the hoverboard really. Different teams, and it will be different results in my opinion.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Took me 5 mins on the phone to cancel my HB pre-order, maybe you should be nicer to them
    You mean like I was the first few times I called up - when I was calm, nice and friendly about it and I got stonewalled in response?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I think I found your problem.
    What, that I was too nice the other times I called up and doing so got me nowhere?

You mean like I was the first few times I called up - when I was calm, nice and friendly about it and I got stonewalled in response?

What, that I was too nice the other times I called up and doing so got me nowhere?
    I don't think anybody can argue that dealing with Digital River is candy and roses for everybody. I have dealt with them multiple times with multiple issues, and not once has me being "nice and friendly" helped make it anything other than a nightmare.

Sallah