Page 100 of 186 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

  1. #2476
    Heroic Warrior Customikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    172
    Agreed, Prince Adam's Dad. I work in Guest Relations, and people who scream at me get NOTHING. You get a lot farther with calm logic and respect than with screaming and attitude. Customer service reps can sense hostility and it automatically makes them not want to help you. There's no reason top be hostile with them! They didn't do anything to you. The person on the other end of the phone doesn't know who you are, and is not trying to screw anyone over. They're just at work, trying to earn their daily bread. Act like a professional and you will be treated like one.
    Last edited by Customikey; November 12, 2012 at 12:24pm.

  2. #2477
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Okay everyone, let's take it down a notch here, please. And also, unless anyone has anything new to add, maybe it's best to move on from the hover board thing?
    The only thing I'd add is that the problem here is that the anti-Matty faction of Mattel is an unknown and qualifying things with it would really help resolve issues. With the Hoverboard debacle, were the individuals responsible for the design team switcheroo brought into line and are they being managed. More to the point, are those senior to them completely behind Castle Grayskull in a way they weren't with the Hoverboard.

    Honestly I think what would help here would be Mattel's CEO entering the fray and throwing their support into the mix - not just for a MOTUC Castle Grayskull, but for one designed by the Four Horsemen. That kind of thing has a tendency to act as a kind of corporate leadership which forces those pesky and problematic parts of Mattel middle management into line .

  3. #2478
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Honestly I think what would help here would be Mattel's CEO entering the fray and throwing their support into the mix - not just for a MOTUC Castle Grayskull, but for one designed by the Four Horsemen. That kind of thing has a tendency to act as a kind of corporate leadership which forces those pesky and problematic parts of Mattel middle management into line .
    You want the CEO of the world's largest toy company to chime in on an experiment associated with a nickel-and-dime online exclusive line? Nothing over-the-top there.

  4. #2479
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    There's a broad interpretation of the word "psychotic". You're the one bringing up things like death threats. I'm simply taking your words at face value. And I am far from a Mattel Apologist-and have often taken Mattel and TG to task for several of their failings. But if you feel the need to paint me as such in an effort to justify losing it to an anonymous voice on the other end of the line, do what you need to.

    However, as someone who has a wife in customer service (and whose own job has elements of dealing directly with customers), I can assure you that "screaming at the person on the other end of the phone" does not exactly some across as well-adjusted. If you are getting the run-around, escalate to the manager. If this proves fruitless and you feel legitimately defrauded, contact the Better Business Bureau.

    Or, you know, just scream at them. Whatever works for you.

    Look, if people have been turned off of DR at this point, they aren't going to take the plunge on CG. If people have been able to get past the problematic customer service, they are likelier to preorder.
    I'm bringing up death threats as an example to highlight the ridiculous end of the spectrum you're going to with the term screaming - as you've once again demonstrated by the use of the phrase "losing it". The fact is that I've already said that I literally demanded that I receive a cancellation or I would be taking legal action in a loud angry voice. If you're taking an alternate interpretation on that, it's because you're choosing to. And having worked in retail myself, if the roles were reversed, I'd deserve to be yelled at. It's one thing to treat customer service staff like dirt because you can. It's another to rip them a new butt-hole because they've treated you like dirt on the same issue multiple times and kick heads where being nice has previously gotten you treated with contempt.

    As for the preorder desireability, as a He-Man fan, you should know it's not that black and white. What makes the line so desireable, in spite of the incredibly alienating customer service, is the work of the Four Horsemen. This of course is what makes it so frustrating - the fdream of a Four Horsemen Sculpted Castle Grayskull juxtaposed with the nightmare of Mattycollector.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Agreed, Prince Adam's Dad. I work in Guest Relations, and people who scream at me get NOTHING. You get a lot farther with calm logic and respect than with screaming and attitude. Customer service reps can sense hostility and it automatically makes them not want to help you. There's no reason top be hostile with them! They didn't do anything to you. The person on the other end of the phone doesn't know who you are, and is not trying to screw anyone over. They're just at work, trying to earn their daily bread. Act like a professional and you will be treated like one.
    Except that you're looking at things in a vacuum (and fyi, I've worked in retail so I am speaking from that perspective). If a customer is just being rude because they think they can, then it's one thing and I'd agree with you in that situation.

    However if a customer is angry because of poor service, then good customer service is dealing with that problem and making the customer feel like they're being respected. The thing is that people are screaming and threatening legal action, because Mattycollector's customer service skills haven't been upto scratch. When people are getting canned lines about problems, things aren't properly followed up and their issues are being almost obnoxiously dismissed; then said people have every right to angrily scream at DR customer service people on follow-ups (especially when something should only have taken a single or email to begin with) and it's entirely justifiable.
    Last edited by bowspearer; November 12, 2012 at 01:04pm. Reason: merging doublepost

  5. #2480
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    Yo Rep, some good news possibly. Local comic shop i was at over the weekend while travelling was actually taking pre-orders. He had 4 people signed up so far and that was Saturday. He said he isn't ordering until late today to see if he gets anymore, so that could be a good sign if others are following his lead so to speak. Those plus his own would be 5 more for sure.....

  6. #2481
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    You want the CEO of the world's largest toy company to chime in on an experiment associated with a nickel-and-dime online exclusive line? Nothing over-the-top there.
    Considering said CEO was almost embroiled in a class action lawsuit over a bait and switch in terms of the Hoverboard; despite your sarcasm, no it isn't over the top for them to make a statement on what is arguably one of the highest ticket (if not the highest ticket) item they're selling next year - especially considering the fact that this is not only the first high ticket preorder offered since the Hoverboard, but how recently to the aforementioned preorder it's been offered.

  7. #2482
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Let me get this straight. You bought a "prop replica" from a TOY company with NO history of making prop replicas of any kind... and you thought they'd get it right?
    The PKE Meter and Ghost Trap say "Hi!".
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  8. #2483
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Lord Anubis has already covered the first bit. However a point of order:

    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    And I cannot let your use of "literalistically" slide. That is not a word. No sir. "Literally" is a word. An often misapplied word, but a word nonetheless.
    On the contrary - here's a link to the word and it's definition: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/literalistic

  9. #2484
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Considering said CEO was almost embroiled in a class action lawsuit over a bait and switch in terms of the Hoverboard; despite your sarcasm, no it isn't over the top for them to make a statement on what is arguably one of the highest ticket (if not the highest ticket) item they're selling next year - especially considering the fact that this is not only the first high ticket preorder offered since the Hoverboard, but how recently to the aforementioned preorder it's been offered.
    $250 pricetag or no, MOTUC is small potatoes.

    As for the "bait-and-switch" concern, unless they advertised it as a real castle, I think they are safe. There is a stark contrast between "replica/prop" and "Sculpted by the Four Horsemen/NOT sculpted by the Four Horsemen".

  10. #2485
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    $250 pricetag or no, MOTUC is small potatoes.

    As for the "bait-and-switch" concern, unless they advertised it as a real castle, I think they are safe. There is a stark contrast between "replica/prop" and "Sculpted by the Four Horsemen/NOT sculpted by the Four Horsemen".
    I agree, so again... there is not a 100% preset/predefined look. As they have to do a "Rough recreation/update of the prototype Mark Tayor" castle. But you can be sure since they loved the vintage castle AND made the 200X castle. It will feature combinations of elements from both of those as well.

    So there is no conspiracy here with Grayskull, as where the hoverboard was sold as a 100% will be movie accurate item.

  11. #2486
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, so again... there is not a 100% preset/predefined look. As they have to do a "Rough recreation/update of the prototype Mark Tayor" castle. But you can be sure since they loved the vintage castle AND made the 200X castle. It will feature combinations of elements from both of those as well.

    So there is no conspiracy here with Grayskull, as where the hoverboard was sold as a 100% will be movie accurate item.
    Agreed! Now what do we have as far as news/speculation on Castle Grayskull? I have been checking for updates, to no avail of course, but we have got to be VERY close to goal by now. So VERY close.....

  12. #2487
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Agreed! Now what do we have as far as news/speculation on Castle Grayskull? I have been checking for updates, to no avail of course, but we have got to be VERY close to goal by now. So VERY close.....
    as I posted on the order thread... toy guru is answering Questions over on ask matty RIGHT NOW. As soon as he posts an update percentage in numbers ... or a thermometer image update I will IMMEDIATLY post it

  13. #2488
    Heroic Warrior Jinxieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Right so before when I pretty much the sole voice was presenting the precedents as a cause for concern, you were talking in absolutes and claiming "noone cares"; yet now that multiple people are saying the exact same things; it's all relative?

    Perhaps you should consider actually properly examining the facts here rather than engaging in blind matty apologetics.
    Lol! You continue to reach and reach for those "gotcha" moments! IF you had really read what I said you would have seen this little phrase "besides a few people" I know a few people agree with you, but a vast majority just are not concerned with the issues you continually go on and on and on about. I know it makes you feel more justified to call someone like me a Matty apologist but I'm not. I just 1. Don't see the issues with the HB being relevant to CG and 2. The issues I have experienced with this line in CS and QC have not caused me to be jaded towards Scott and Mattel. I have collected several figure lines and have always experienced some level of QC and communication issue. MOTU Classics has been one of the best lines I have ever collected...even with the issues that have "plagued" the line. See, I just don't have the same perceptions as you or the others that agree! For me the glass is more than half full!

  14. #2489
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Okay everyone, let's take it down a notch here, please. And also, unless anyone has anything new to add, maybe it's best to move on from the hover board thing?
    It's just not a Castle Grayskull thread unless we're talking about the Hoverboard in every other post.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  15. #2490
    Heroic Warrior fireball13z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    5,743
    I just have 1 question, which CG be able to hover!?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

  16. #2491
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    as I posted on the order thread... toy guru is answering Questions over on ask matty RIGHT NOW. As soon as he posts an update percentage in numbers ... or a thermometer image update I will IMMEDIATLY post it
    Thanks for keeping an eye on it Rep. I hope you are right and we get an update shortly. The suspense is really getting to me. I bet we get an update that is two ticks away from goal....

  17. #2492
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    When people are getting canned lines about problems, things aren't properly followed up and their issues are being almost obnoxiously dismissed; then said people have every right to angrily scream at DR customer service people on follow-ups (especially when something should only have taken a single or email to begin with) and it's entirely justifiable.
    People have a right to scream at others? Personally, I think people should act civilized no matter if you percieve a customer service problem or not. This is the attitude that is SO wrong with people these days, " I will trample somoeone else's feelings to make myself feel better or make a point" As someone said before--being rude or screaming will not make someone want to help you--in fact--the exact opposite.
    Maybe that is why you had some problems getting your issues resolved if you were acting this way?
    Last edited by He-Kal; November 12, 2012 at 01:22pm.

  18. #2493
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Thanks for keeping an eye on it Rep. I hope you are right and we get an update shortly. The suspense is really getting to me. I bet we get an update that is two ticks away from goal....
    I agree, I think we will be at 2 marks away from "highest" goal mark. which "should" be 90%

  19. #2494
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    $250 pricetag or no, MOTUC is small potatoes.

    As for the "bait-and-switch" concern, unless they advertised it as a real castle, I think they are safe. There is a stark contrast between "replica/prop" and "Sculpted by the Four Horsemen/NOT sculpted by the Four Horsemen".
    On the contrary, there's virtually no difference at all. Let's face it - the reason this line has excited long term fans, and drawn in lapsed fans like myself, is because of the work of the Four Horsemen. You can't honestly tell me that this line would have had anywhere near the success it has had, if it weren't for the sculpting of the Four Horsemen. And why shouldn't it be that way - their work has been nothing short of astounding in terms of its attention to detail.

    Would some people still collect classics if it weren't for their work? Sure, the die hard fans would, but the line wouldn't have been as successful if it weren't for their exceptional abilities.

    The same holds true with the Hoverboard. Some people would still have bought it if it were just an "inspired" toy. However the moment you're talking about a prop replica, that attracts a whole group of people to it who otherwise wouldn't have picked one up.

    In short the 2 are far closer than you give them credit for.

  20. #2495
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    I love the post TG made over on Matty about how we have 5 years of product to base our pre-order choice on. So true. This is an amazing line and I have no doubt that CG will blow us all away....

  21. #2496
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I just have 1 question, which CG be able to hover!?
    It better!

    At this point, I'm worried they might switch out to a Hasbro design team who wants to reimagine the My Little Pony castle...

    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  22. #2497
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    People have a right to scream at others? Personally, I think people should act civilized no matter if you percieve a customer service problem or not. This is the attitude that is SO wrong with people these days, " I will trample somoeone else's feelings to make myself feel better or make a point" As someone said before--being rude or screaming will not make someone want to help you--in fact--the exact opposite.
    Maybe that is why you had some problems getting your issues resolved if you were acting this way?
    I said angrily scream (meaning raise my voice with an angry tone). There is a difference between screaming and belittling someone. Furthermore when someone treats being civilised with contempt and they are attempting to defraud you, screaming that sticks to the facts is entirely reasonable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Lol! You continue to reach and reach for those "gotcha" moments! IF you had really read what I said you would have seen this little phrase "besides a few people" I know a few people agree with you, but a vast majority just are not concerned with the issues you continually go on and on and on about. I know it makes you feel more justified to call someone like me a Matty apologist but I'm not. I just 1. Don't see the issues with the HB being relevant to CG and 2. The issues I have experienced with this line in CS and QC have not caused me to be jaded towards Scott and Mattel. I have collected several figure lines and have always experienced some level of QC and communication issue. MOTU Classics has been one of the best lines I have ever collected...even with the issues that have "plagued" the line. See, I just don't have the same perceptions as you or the others that agree! For me the glass is more than half full!
    And yet you have carried on like an apologist throughout this entire situation. First up, it wasn't enough for you to not see the issue, you decided you needed to shut down anyone bringing up issues you might not have considered or failed to make connections to, with an air of absolutism - justifying it with an attitude of "**** NOOB U R TEH SUK N NO1 CAREZ" (despite the "few" disclaimer you brought up and for the record, you're not the only one on here that I've been dealing with that attitude from). Then when suddenly you have multiple people making the same point to the point where it no longer looks like an isolated incident, suddenly it's all relative. You can't have it both ways.

    Also if you haven't had any major issues with DR then that's great, but it doesn't mean that your experience is in a vacuum. Furthermore you can't really blame people for feeling jaded when things reach a point where Mattel and Digital River have tried on a Bait and Switch.

    Hell the fact that I haven't completely given up on CG should be an indication of my wanting to feel like if I preorder it it's not going to come back and bite me on the butt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I love the post TG made over on Matty about how we have 5 years of product to base our pre-order choice on. So true. This is an amazing line and I have no doubt that CG will blow us all away....
    Yeah and I appreciate his response, but it doesn't really deal with the elephant in the room. I get it's a tough line to walk, which is why I've posted a follow up question response. The issue is this wild card of someone holding the purse strings deciding to go "on the cheap with design". Hopefully the way I've phrased the question will give him the scope he needs to be able to give what I really hope the answer is (that the Horsemen aren't going to be pulled off this as designers).

  23. #2498
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,378
    Folks, the hoverboard/customercare conversation in this thread has run its course. Everyone's said their piece and now it's just getting ugly. Future posts in this thread about all of that are going to be deleted. So if you have more to say, please do it over PM with each other. Thanks!

  24. #2499
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,021
    Today's the day, kids! Who's excited??
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  25. #2500
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Today's the day, kids! Who's excited??
    ....does being so excited that I dont know if I am gonna stroke out, throw up, or wet myself count? lol


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •