Page 113 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I have to agree with the idea of putting the door hinge into the base to add the aesthetic illusion of height and space to the lowered castle jawbridge. This seems to be the biggest sticking point with the fan base, who are paying quite a bit of pocket change for this playset. It will obviously involve changing the sculpture, but not in any major way, and there's still time to do it. I would prefer that the 4H did this, though, than the Matty design team. Their pre-production changes tend to not be for the better.

I would also prefer the dungeon grate over the bat-pack, even if I had to paint it myself.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    I would sacrifice a lot of interior details for increased size (at least the entrance height).

It looks amazing. No one is saying otherwise. But to be fair, the figures are equally larger, so this comparison does nothing.
    So if it's equally larger as the figures, it's the right size right?...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    This is a terribly false choice though. All those require minimal (if any) paint. The dungeon would require a LOT of paint apps to do properly. I too think the grate should be in there, but I can see why it's not.
    It still is a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure they will offer it eventually....
    It's funny because no matter what Mattel does, people will find something to complain...

I've said it before... people are WAY TOO SPOILED...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I'm TOTALLY ok with loosing the Wind Raider floor/stand thing...for other features. sculpted dungeon grate!
    Same here. The Wind Raider base is a pointless accessory. There's no way it'll even fit in there without the wings hitting the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...but dont worry!!! YOU STILL GET A LANDING PAD "inside a closed off building with no open roof" to land your wind raider inside tho!
    Yup. It makes absolutely zero sense. I will gladly lose that for the dungeon floor.

If only...

mnDS9ez.jpg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I do agree I'd rather have the dungeon than the Wind Raider stand, which seems odd and pointless. However, I doubt it's an even trade off. The Dungeon would require a lot of paint apps to do justice to all those creatures. The WR stand is just a flat piece of green plastic.
    Here, here. That Wind Raider idea was terrible.

I've posted a crapload of answers from TG about Grayskull in the Toyguru February Ask Matty Q&A thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The B Sheet does show the dungeon/Monster Relief and the candle. I'm assuming both were not costed out. Scott said the Horsemen sculpted the Dungeon Relief for fun.

I like TribalSpaceman's idea of some sort of cover for the where the Wind Raider stand goes for those of us who won't be using it that.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to see a picture with the wind raider actually plugged into the base. As it looks now I really don't think it will fit.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I haven't been this crazy obsessed about anything MOTUC in a while - I can't stop watching the videos and comparing photos, etc. Here is a quick comparison I put together.

On the outside, the shape of the tower stones, are the only thing I would have preferred be a little bit more like the original proto in sculpt.

The inside - I am hoping we see several changes. I don't want just more "hollowed out" walls, I am they are either sculpted stone or even just negative, or roughly textured.

The 3rd floor above the throne. A floor for each of the towers would have been fine vs a floor straight across the entire width. I'd rather put the throne in the middle of the second floor and lower the floor of the short tower so the characters don't appear to high up on the tower.

I would have preferred to have had a larger castle for the $250.00 and then buy a separate accessories pack later that would include the dungeon, ladder, flags, etc. I don't understand why it makes more sense to shrink the castle but and then try to jam it full of accessories that could have been sold later.

Regardless - it is so exciting. Comics, figures, FILMATION and Castle Grayskull. I'm fine having all these "problems" - it is a great time to be a MOTU fan!

My figures are going to have to earn the right to enter Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Yes, it looks amazing, but right now it needs work before it's fit to be considered a MOTUC Castle Grayskull. Here are my suggestions:

http://i.imgur.com/ETaGL4o.jpg
    This is great. I'd make the Wind raider stand fit on the dome as a swap out piece for the pawn, make the outside ledge an inch wider, and set the drawbridge into the base to give more headroom.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    MegaGearMax - love that photo - nice to see it clean and simple!

Heroic Warrior
    Epic photo!! Actually cool to see TG and PD in the background.

Awesome photo. No clutter, just the interior.
    I never noticed the little steps leading up to the walkway, next to the elevator area. A nice touch. The laser gun looks nicely detailed as well. I was hoping for the prototype/minicomic red version, but I'm perfectly happy with the vintage version!
    All the accessories look so nice. I really hope we'll see more, that are missing.
    I think the 'manhole cover' idea people have for the Wind Raider stand is a great idea. It's pointless as a stand, but great as a Grayskull floor.
    It would be nice to see the walls, and bottom floors, sculpted in a brick pattern. Seriously.

Yeah, Baena snapped a couple of beautiful shots of an uncluttered castle and you can really see all the beautiful sculptural details.

The lack of a monster pit upsets me a little bit, but not enough for me to cancel my pre order on this baby, its sculpted, it'll probably show up one day anyway. now for the OTHER elephant in the room, The smaller size is a non issue for me, my only real concern is the fan backlash. Didn't realize 2 inches made all the difference in the world for some people. Quite honestly I am in the design industry, i am an architect and I have worked with engineering companies as well, I know designs always change, and whats put on paper is not necessarily going to be what gets made so perhaps I am a lot more forgiving of Scott, The 4 Horsemen, and Mattel on this issue and don't feel like they are ripping me off or trying to pull the wool over my head, because I just know this is how things are
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Yeah, Baena snapped a couple of beautiful shots of an uncluttered castle and you can really see all the beautiful sculptural details.
    Then you all should be looking through the gallery on the main page for a few more!

Wow, great gallery! Everything looks great. Love the newly sculpted weapons.
    I still can't get over how perfect the facade is.

This thing is going to be so much fun to put together. I still remember putting my vintage one together on Christmas with my dad.
    If the dungeon walls will still be two separate pieces, I'll likely just put the front piece right back against the wall, for the illusion of a cell, and find another use for the other piece. Free up some space.

Point Dread?!?

Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    This is great. I'd make the Wind raider stand fit on the dome as a swap out piece for the pawn, make the outside ledge an inch wider, and set the drawbridge into the base to give more headroom.
    Whenever Scott first mentioned the Wind Raider plugin feature I expected it was going to be on one of the towers, either a hole where the flag is or you could have a hole where the gun is and be able to plug in either the gun or the Wind Raider. I was really excited and thought it would look awesome to have the Wind Raider flying above the castle. So when I saw the landing pad I couldn't figure out what it was because it makes absolutely zero sense! I kept trying to figure out how it was going to attach to the top.

Overall I'm happy with the Castle, but I do think some alterations should be seriously considered. The main thing for me is the size of the Jawbridge opening. That really should be made bigger and I echo what others have said here about cutting out a recess into the rock ground section beneath it so that the doorway sits lower down. If He-Man just fits through that thing, Teela and Ram Man won't have a chance. I'd have thought making sure the main characters could get inside the damn thing would have been an obvious construction point.

My only other gripe is the bland interior. It's nice to know sections are being hollowed out for more space but that doesn't defeat the fact that it's all a bit flat looking in there. I know some people have mentioned sculpting textures, but at this late stage I really can't see that happening. What about a sticker sheet? Just of a few backgrounds like the Filmation portals and stuff like that. Then those who what to flesh it out can and those who don't can leave it bare. If they're putting the dungeon grate in as a sticker I can't see why this couldn't be done. Surely sticker sheets won't break the bank? Another annoyance is the fact the trap door doesn't collapse into the dungeon. Again, seems like an obvious thing to address, but ah well.

I really love it and the Horsemen have done an incredible job with this. The sculpt looks amazing. But I can't help shake that certain things like the secret doors, the illogical parking space for the Wind Raider and the outside ledge (which can barely hold Mer-Man, looks like he's clinging on for dear life) could have been dropped and the money used elsewhere. I look forward to seeing more at SDCC.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I just can't believe it!
    Look at this picture: the Four Horsemen found the way to have a larger entrance but then they changed the sculpt!

Look at the difference!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That looks so much better!!

I really think they should just do away with having the Wind Raider inside the Castle! Does anyone actually want this? It doesn't make sense - they could use some of that budget on something else.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    That looks so much better!!
    There is a poll about the entrance size of the Castle! Please I want hear your voices!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stle-Grayskull
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess