Page 123 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Mattel will make the key/sword thing beside the door. Who really will use the sword to open the jawbridge?
    Very good point. I wished they'd stop doing stuff like that. Why waste time and resources on these little things that nobody cares about while there are other matters that need far more attention. The keyhole is going to ruin an otherwise perfect sculpt and will without a doubt be engineered in such a shoddy way that the pointless gimmick will compromise the whole jawbridge (that's just a given with a guy like Ruben at the helm).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Putting things in perspective...

IT'S MASSIVE!!!
    Seriously!!!

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/atta...6&d=1361390345
    Noone said it wasn't, I like the castle. But I will be canceling my 2 if they don't fix the opening into the castle. It has to be bigger. I am very disappointed. I have subbed every year. Bought 2 subs each time. Bought 2 of everything they have put out. BUt I won't buy 2 of these if the opening is not fixed. It is SO simple to do, I have NO clue why they refuse to do it.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Quote Originally Posted by air23cnhit View Post
    It is SO simple to do, I have NO clue why they refuse to do it.
    No, it isn't. They can't just make the gate larger without bringing the whole sculpt out of balance. They can enlarge the whole castle proportionally (but TG already said this is as big as the Castle is going to get) or they can try to find a way to lower the jawbridge in the base to gain some space, but scaling only the entrance is complete nonsense.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Mattel has their reasons, and they can't always be public about their reasons for obvious reasons! I'm looking forward to the Roast Gooble Dinner episode this week, as Scott is on to talk about the Castle, I'm guessing they'll address it with him.
    Honestly, in this case it seems both TG and Mattel have been fairly straightforward with the reasons for the changes: cost. Whether or not some changes go against what they said they would or wouldn't do when the pro-orders went up is another matter, but they've made no secret of why such changes will or might be made.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Very good point. I wished they'd stop doing stuff like that. Why waste time and resources on these little things that nobody cares about while there are other matters that need far more attention. The keyhole is going to ruin an otherwise perfect sculpt and will without a doubt be engineered in such a shoddy way that the pointless gimmick will compromise the whole jawbridge (that's just a given with a guy like Ruben at the helm).
    I care...

Noone said it wasn't, I like the castle. But I will be canceling my 2 if they don't fix the opening into the castle. It has to be bigger. I am very disappointed. I have subbed every year. Bought 2 subs each time. Bought 2 of everything they have put out. BUt I won't buy 2 of these if the opening is not fixed. It is SO simple to do, I have NO clue why they refuse to do it.
    We should all know the answer to these questions by now

Logistics!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

No, it isn't. They can't just make the gate larger without bringing the whole sculpt out of balance. They can enlarge the whole castle proportionally (but TG already said this is as big as the Castle is going to get) or they can try to find a way to lower the jawbridge in the base to gain some space, but scaling only the entrance is complete nonsense.
    That's what I MEANT Crusader. Lower it into the base and not have the diving board. It IS that simple. Cut the base out from under the gate and then sculpt a half inch back into the door. NOt nonsense to me and THAT would be exactly what I would do IF I decided to keep them. I would have to become a customizer again. To fix an OBVIOUS design flaw.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Parts I need:

That's what I MEANT Crusader. Lower it into the base and not have the diving board. It IS that simple. Cut the base out from under the gate and then sculpt a half inch back into the door. NOt nonsense to me and THAT would be exactly what I would do IF I decided to keep them. I would have to become a customizer again. To fix an OBVIOUS design flaw.
    My worry about this is if the sculpted rock base would look weird if they did that when the bridge is up. But I do think you could sculpt it so it looked like a natural rock formation. However, it is not simple just to "sculpt a half inch back into the door." That's pretty much a whole new sculpt. I guess they could take it into digital and extend it but not sure if that's a great idea or not? Possibly not impossible, but it would take time and resources they may simply no longer have.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Funny post. Love the skywalker.

I hear you on logistics, they can take their logistics and................................ you fill it in.

I care...

http://mygeekblasphemy.files.wordpre...kywalker-7.jpg

We should all know the answer to these questions by now

Logistics!
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Parts I need:

Well, then I don't know why you said they are refusing to do something, because according to Scott they are already looking into ways of lowering the jawbridge.

I can see your point JonWes. With all the lies they have given us, it's hard to accept that nothing can be dnoe. You Know. I just wish they would have done it right to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    My worry about this is if the sculpted rock base would look weird if they did that when the bridge is up. But I do think you could sculpt it so it looked like a natural rock formation. However, it is not simple just to "sculpt a half inch back into the door." That's pretty much a whole new sculpt. I guess they could take it into digital and extend it but not sure if that's a great idea or not? Possibly not impossible, but it would take time and resources they may simply no longer have.
    - - - Updated - - -

IF that IS the case, then I have to take my words back and say I was wrong. I just have not heard anything about that. I am going on what i have read on Matty and his responses to the questions about the size. But If thay ARE doing that. I respectfully offer my apologies and HOPE they can get it done.

Well, then I don't know why you said they are refusing to do something, because according to Scott they are already looking into ways of lowering the jawbridge.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Parts I need:

My question: Does anyone know if the 2 parts will come apart easy like the vintage one did? My display space will only allow for the front of this thing.

Heroic Warrior
    this specific adjustment would please a lot of ppl.

Also, the castle doesn't need to be bigger, if you make your figuers smaller. A high powered sander to the the bottom of thier feet, until they are perfertly flat should make everyone happy.

I tried. Just gave my feedback. I never once said I didn't appreciate opposing views.
    But I'll stand by the fact that people that continue to ride the dead horse aren't going to change anything for the better.
    And I guess that does admittedly make me equally culpable.

And good point grumpy ol' Dragon! (cost)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Why didn't they just do away with the base and windraider floor when they realized the castle needed to be scaled down?

IF that IS the case, then I have to take my words back and say I was wrong. I just have not heard anything about that. I am going on what i have read on Matty and his responses to the questions about the size. But If thay ARE doing that. I respectfully offer my apologies and HOPE they can get it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    this specific adjustment would please a lot of ppl.
    I'm hoping for this myself as well.

Anyway, here's the quote that I had in mind, although upon re-reading it, it doesn't sound as promising as I remembered:

Love the Castle Grayskull prototype, but like a couple people here have expressed, I'd prefer there be more clearance when a figure is standing in the archway of Castle Grayskull. Would it be possible to have a recess in the base where the jawbridge opens, so the jawbridge doesn't sit so high? That may address some of the height issues that people have brought up.

At this point this feature is final but on construction it may be recessed a bit much as the walls will be

I've already started shortening my figures to fit the castle. They better not change the size. I can't add back the size.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cronosred View Post
    Why didn't they just do away with the base and windraider floor when they realized the castle needed to be scaled down?
    For the same reason they totally ignored the endless requests, pleas and begging to have Frosta in her original paint-master colors. Someone at Mattel had this idea that the Castle should include a parking spot for the Wind Raider, so that supposedly it would promote sales of the vehicle, and they will stubbornly ignore any and all fan input on the matter regardless of how absurd, pointless and counterproductive their ill-advised idea turned out to be.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Putting things in perspective...

IT'S MASSIVE!!!
    Seriously!!!

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/atta...6&d=1361390345
    Yea but the entrance is too small since he-man's head is touching the teeth and a character like teela couldnt stand up at the doorstep.
    The best would have been if he'man riding battlecat could enter the castle like in the cartoon.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

From Facebook:
    Castle Grayskull update… straight from the Four Horsemen, here are the measurements of the latest sculpt. These were done quick n’ dirty at NYTF so they’re subject to change (we’ll show the final castle at SDCC): 23" to top of pier, 18" wide, 11 ½” deep when closed, the door is 8" tall or 7" tall when the jaw bridge is open.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    From Facebook:
    Just saw this...GREAT NEWS!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Just saw this...GREAT NEWS!!!!
    Maybe I'm missing something, but which part is great news?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Yep, I don't get it either, 7 inches is the standard MOTUC buck, it is the same clearance we saw at ToyFair.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I understand that they are addressing the issues with the size and the one shown was done quick and dirty. The jaw bridge will have more space when opened compared to what was shown.
    Is this correct or did I get it all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    I understand that they are addressing the issues with the size and the one shown was done quick and dirty. The jaw bridge will have more space when opened compared to what was shown.
    Is this correct or did I get it all wrong
    No, it's just the exact measurements of the castle shown at NYTF. The "latest sculpt" is confusing, though.