Page 131 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Nizzy View Post
    I've been sent from the future to warn you all that if the bemoaning continues for another 24 hours, a ripple effect causes the Grayskull sales to drop. Within 8 months, Mattel can't get rid of them, and starts shipping them to random Walmarts. Eventually Walmart won't take them and Mattel starts packing the unwanted playsets into landfills. A child falls into a Grayskull landfill and is horribly disfigured, his parents sue Mattel, which triggers the cancellation of Snake Mountain. It was going to be really cool too. Although Skeletor had to crouch to get in and out of the snake mouth.
    Or I've been trolling since the castle was announced and finally decided to register so I could see the pictures. Just needed to find an email account that would work.

It's one of these...

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I might pass on the height, they cannot do a bigger castle since it would exceed shipping cost, but the entrance it's just too small for a motuc....

Heroic Warrior
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    It's comparison time,.......sorry I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Beautiful work, still love seeing that Castle o' Powah.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Awesome work mate. Sent you a message via FB regarding a castle. The size on yours puts Matty to shame.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Guys we all need to calm down, if Mattel hears too many bad things they will close up shop and we will get no He-Man toys again.

Let's be respectful, okay?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    but the entrance it's just too small for a motuc....
    Yes, yes it is.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Just a couple of thoughts... First of all, I have 3 pre orders for Castle Grayskull and I'm keeping all of them. However, Mattel is sending mixed signals about this castle. On the heals of wanting to know what things design should consider when finalizing the castle, we are now served with a video that simply put, says here are the measurements, go order one. Now this all reminds me of my corporate experience. If my boss told me, hey Jedi Master Jeremy, I'm sending you to city A to meet with that team there to see if you are a good fit, it meant that it was already determined i am a good fit and the meeting is just a formality to avoid any major issues that might be unknown that could force a change. That's what all this reminds me of... Here's an opportunity to express your personal concerns thus taking care of the "personal" issues and then the video where they say what they've meant all along, these are the measurements now go buy one. This behavior is typical of a large business or corporation. So while there are personal and nostalgic issues connected to this, the bottom line is money and they know what they have to make or want to make and this is reflected in the final product. The real disconnect is displaying something and then coming up short by a small margin. Mattel has to remember who the fans are when they advertise something. We're a tough group to please sometimes because we have so much nostalgia connected with this line but we have to remember that while Mattel should watch closer it's presentation, this is still a business and they know what they can do and not do. I may not agree with their bottom line but at least I'm getting this Castle and a great sculpt even if the door should be an inch higher, and it should! Thinking with my heart I want a life size castle in my back yard I can play in with my boys. My head tells me there's going to be a slight oversell in the presentation so I was prepared for a smaller scale. All that said, Mattel shouldn't ask for suggestions and ignore them. The castle is wonderful! Find a way to add a half inch or an inch to the door. Cut the Wind Raider stand. I get what that's all about! Still, not a popular idea. And if most people aren't going to display the WR in the castle, the cross sell opportunity is virtually gone anyway. And figure out a way to get the Sorceress on the throne with wings attached. Overall I'm hoping Mattel finds some common ground with us on our majority concerns and makes some adjustments come July. Either way, I'm very happy to even get the castle.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; February 26, 2013 at 11:52am.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I think the overall size, while a bit too small, is acceptable and I can actually live with it.
    Now if they only did something about the entrance! It is way too small. We have made lots of very good suggestions how to fix this problem (by lowering the jawbridge into the base and making the base smaller while making the walls a tad higher in the process. They just need to fix this. They have to, there's no way they can leave it as is.

Did anyone notice that so far we haven't seen a single pic of the Wind Raider in its parking spot? The reason is obvious: it looks stupid as the Castle is too small and the wings touch the walls. I acutally wonder if it's really possible to park it there at all or if there is not enough space.
    I was also wondering: why don't they use the same connector piece for the pawn on top of the Castle that the Wind Raider stand has? That way, we could display the Castle either with the pawn on top of the skull or with the Wind Raider flying over skull. Wouldn't that be better than the parking place inside the Castle?
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; February 26, 2013 at 12:10pm. Reason: spwelling ;)
    Awesome sticker included!

way too small for MOTUC but it does make for a sweet castle for vintage figures, is at least there is that.

The Castle of Power is proper scale at least.

25" castle = preorder and I can't wait until next year!

24" castle = it is a cottage and a mockery and a direct insult to all of the loyal fans and Scott hates us and mocks us with all of his demonstrations. Matty once again proves they are evil. They deliberately shaved an inch off in order to spite us, just because they can. How dare they include items I don't want! I'm not going to play with the castle! But I do want Rammy to fit through the door when I'm not playing with him.

There is a strange sickness with some people in this community. It's like conspiracy theory, many people see bizarre motives in everything Mattel does. They don't hate us. They don't want to screw us over. They aren't trying to destroy our childhoods by making the castle 1.5" shorter than the approximate measurements they gave us early on. Would I like a taller castle? Yes. Do I think Mattel is trying to torment me? No. They want me to buy there stuff, and they're trying to make cool stuff for me to buy. There have been some flops and some problems, but the vast majority of the product has been amazing.

All some fans are doing is doing is encouraging them to not tell us anything until things are finalized. What if the first time you saw the castle was at Toy Fair? Would you still poo-poo it as a cottage? Or did your expectations inflate this castle past what was even promised. I swear some people had abstract visions of a 3' castle even though the one we're getting is pretty darn close to the sales pitch. What if the line ended and they never made the castle? How evil would that have been?

Yes, $300 is a good chunk of change. You could buy a Shadow Weaver off of ebay for that kind of scratch. 2 if you wait for a good deal. Her Jaw Bridge goes all the way to the top!

BTW Photoshopping a castle from the foreground into the mid-range of an image is going to distort the size. Take the image and move the vintage castle next to the 200x castle and it will seem bigger than the 200x one. If they were really smart they would take a head-on photo of all three castles right next to one another.

Where I'm from, if a business tries to sell you something, and then tries tosell you short of something, then they are going to sell it to you for a cheaper rate. It's all about quality. If something is done really well, then you may feel obligated to pay more for it. Maybe people's expectations exceeded even the blueprint dimensions, but the fact is that Mattel didn't even reach those dimensions. People wanted to see a towering door for He-Man to enter, and possibly even be sitting on Battlecat riding through the entrance.

Everyone knows we weren't going to get an exact scale, but c'mon.....about an inch clearance for the figure through the doorway? This is supposed to be a castle, not a front door to a house. My two year old got a Imaginext® Eagle Talon Castle for Christmas, and while those figures aren't big......the castle door/drawbridge towers above them and is perfect scale. Mattel knows how to make castles.

For the size of the vintage castle and the price it cost back then, and looking at the size of the castle now, doesn't justify the price that Mattel is selling it for.

I've never had a Castle Grayskull.....vintage nor 200x, so when I decide to cancel my order for the new one, I really won't miss it. I'll just save my $250 and put it toward a PS4 instead.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Thanks. My feeling exactly. We need more posts like this around here and the good thing about this thread is that moderate, articulate fans that don't threaten to cancel their entire collection every post like yourself have started to speak out. Looking forwards reading you my friend!

I too would love the castle to be bigger... But I'd also like it to be infinite... And with magical powers... And a bottomless chasm where I can banish people I don't like. See, we don't always get what we want.

One more note about the missing inch or two: I would understand the outcry a lot more if Mattel has shown us a full, final sculpted prototype by the 4 horsemen in plastic, with all accessories, and when the reviewers start getting the castle they realize the castle has mysteriously shrunk a couple of inches. Now that would be dishonest and considered false advertizing.

However here, Toyguru warned us on the cardboard foam model video, the description of the castle on matty's website warned us too, it was written for us to see.: the foam model is only an approximation and the final product is subject to changes. We all knew the drills. I sure would have liked a bigger castle but there's no way I'd accuse Toyguru or Mattel of false advertising.it was pretty clear from the start.

24" castle = it is a cottage and a mockery and a direct insult to all of the loyal fans and Scott hates us and mocks us with all of his demonstrations. Matty once again proves they are evil. They deliberately shaved an inch off in order to spite us, just because they can. How dare they include items I don't want! I'm not going to play with the castle! But I do want Rammy to fit through the door when I'm not playing with him.

There is a strange sickness with some people in this community. It's like conspiracy theory, many people see bizarre motives in everything Mattel does. They don't hate us. They don't want to screw us over. They aren't trying to destroy our childhoods by making the castle 1.5" shorter than the approximate measurements they gave us early on. Would I like a taller castle? Yes. Do I think Mattel is trying to torment me? No. They want me to buy there stuff, and they're trying to make cool stuff for me to buy. There have been some flops and some problems, but the vast majority of the product has been amazing.

All some fans are doing is doing is encouraging them to not tell us anything until things are finalized. What if the first time you saw the castle was at Toy Fair? Would you still poo-poo it as a cottage? Or did your expectations inflate this castle past what was even promised. I swear some people had abstract visions of a 3' castle even though the one we're getting is pretty darn close to the sales pitch. What if the line ended and they never made the castle? How evil would that have been?

Yes, $300 is a good chunk of change. You could buy a Shadow Weaver off of ebay for that kind of scratch. 2 if you wait for a good deal. Her Jaw Bridge goes all the way to the top!

BTW Photoshopping a castle from the foreground into the mid-range of an image is going to distort the size. Take the image and move the vintage castle next to the 200x castle and it will seem bigger than the 200x one. If they were really smart they would take a head-on photo of all three castles right next to one another.
    Last edited by oulala; February 26, 2013 at 01:16pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Chewer of Trollans
    I just can't help it. I love the castle. Yes, I think it could use a larger opening, but...
    A slot for the power sword to open the door!
    A windraider zone!
    A robot!
    Sculpted everything!
    The paint job!
    A place to hang the swords!
    An orb room!
    A secret entrance related to Scareglow!
    It's so cool. I'll take one, please.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Some of the problems, like the entrance way, are fixable. As many have pointed out, simply dropping the hinge into the base instead of on top of it would give clearance and a bit of headroom. THe other problem I see is the flight stand no one asked for or apparently wants; I think whoever is obsessed with that piece needs to take Mark Twains advice to "kill your darlings." A lot of the scale problems seem to come at least in part from the raised base taking up some of the height, and that seems to be simply to accommodate the flight stand. When it was thought to be something to make the Raider look like it was flying above the castle, folks were excited about it. When it became a silly place to park the vehicle inside the castle, interest disappeared. Fixing those two things would take care of a lot of the problems folks have with the set (those are the only major things I see). I think it's pretty well established that this is as big as the castle is going to get, so that point is pretty well moot now. As I've pointed out before, the castle was never going to be anywhere close to in scale with the figures; adding a couple inches still makes the levels way too short to look proportional to He-Man even if the ceiling is only scaled as high as the average room in a house.

There are some things Mattel can do that would require only a little tinkering with the castle. And Mattel loves to cut things out, so ditching the flight stand should appeal to them on that level. Make a removable filler piece for now and leave the hole for a potential future add-on as others here have proposed (maybe the dungeon grate so many seem to want).

Honestly, it is somewhat ironic that a feature many are asking for, the grate, is out of the question, but the whole set is built around a flight stand nobody but one or a few folks at Mattel seem to want. Much as I'm still excited about getting this castle, there's still a major disconnect between the decision makers at Mattel and their customer base, and it's popping up again here.
    Exactly

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I just can't help it. I love the castle. Yes, I think it could use a larger opening, but...
    A slot for the power sword to open the door!
    A windraider zone!
    A robot!
    Sculpted everything!
    The paint job!
    A place to hang the swords!
    An orb room!
    A secret entrance related to Scareglow!
    It's so cool. I'll take one, please.
    I got to say as much as I rag on Mattel for the size issues , I am very excited to get my grubby mitts on there castle

Eternian Sculpter Wannabe Royalt1us's Avatar
    I guess the biggest thing that I'm concerned with when it comes to it's size is production shrinkage.
    I mean they are already planning for it with the trap door.
    So exactly how much more will it shrink in the production process?
    Check out ROYAL-T's Customs at:
    Dinner Table Creations

WRAPTOR, LAVA_SHARK, PO-LAR, LAVA-SHARK v.2 (Might-Bite), EMPRISSS, SPY-FLY, and OOZOR, are all available now.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Found these on Matty's Facebook:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    However here, Toyguru warned us on the cardboard foam model video, the description of the castle on matty's website warned us too, it was written for us to see.: the foam model is only an approximation and the final product is subject to changes. We all knew the drills. I sure would have liked a bigger castle but there's no way I'd accuse Toyguru or Mattel of false advertising.it was pretty clear from the start.
    Legal CYA crap aside, do you honestly think the pre-order would've met its quota if Toyguru had shown us a model where the figures couldn't fit through the door?

I think the answer is an easy "No."

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    Sculpted everything!.
    That's not true, they already back pedaled on that with the dungeon grate. It was supposed to be sculpted and shown on the B sheet and now it's just a sticker "apparently" was always that even though we were told everything would be sculpted.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    That's not true, they already back pedaled on that with the dungeon grate. It was supposed to be sculpted and shown on the B sheet and now it's just a sticker "apparently" was always that even though we were told everything would be sculpted.
    I have to be one of the few people who are GLAD that it's a sticker. How was anyone ever supposed to stand on that sculpted one? That's all we need is to raise the floor ANOTHER half inch... and LOSE standable floor....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have to be one of the few people who are GLAD that it's a sticker. How was anyone ever supposed to stand on that sculpted one? That's all we need is to raise the floor ANOTHER half inch... and LOSE standable floor....
    Not a bad point.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I have no stake in this as I don't do playsets or vehicles so please don't tar and feather me for the below comments. I realize for alot of you there are some serious issues and you have alot of money on the line.

With that being said, I have to chuckle at some of the issues. Most notably a bunch of adults, complaining that when they play with their toys they bump their heads on the toy doorframe of their toy castle....
    In all honesty, I've thought the same thing.

Great post.
    In fairness, TG did talk up a lot of things during the presale, so I can't blame some for being disappointed. But the 'cottage' description and others you mention are exactly the type of histrionics I mentioned earlier. I'd like to see a lot more in the interior, but it's not the end of the world. This is the best Castle Grayskull that has ever been made, or ever will be made. Possibly the last one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Found these on Matty's Facebook:
    Awesome. I love seeing the 4H at work. After I saw their Grayskull video last night, I actually took out the MYP dvd with their documentaries and re-watched them for the first time in a few years. We're unbelievably lucky to have these guys.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

She's using the wrong brush to paint the shingles!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    If you are standing on a grate full of creatures, you have more problems than headroom.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I said this earlier in the thread I believe, but imagine dropping figures down onto the sculpted and painted grate only to have parts chip off and the paint scratched. People would be none too happy.