Page 137 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    No zodak74, you're not crazy. There's a vid with Scot saying that (Darkspecter posted it #2897 of this thread)

.... but then as has already been stated some people tend to remember what they want to remember.
    The problem is Scott says the dungeon grate on the b-sheet was a sticker, so what he said was true from his perspective. People can disagree with this, but there it is. So far nothing else on the b-sheet is different. That's the problem with the (rather pointless, I think) exercise in trying to "catch" him/Mattel with some phrasing here or there. Let's face it, the big problem people are having is with the size. So none of this b-sheet talk has anything to do with that because nowhere was it said the size would stay the same.
    If i'm not mistaken, it's not just the dungeon that people take issue with, but the statement of potentially more items being cut. That would contradict his statement for sure, no?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Is it missing? For some reason I had it in my head it just hadn't made it, and that was what controlled the trap door for some reason. Huh.

Not that I've seen a lot of "No Candle Holder, We Riot" sentiments.
    I am part of the "No candle holder, we riot" crowd. A small crowd, but I'm in
    Also, from the b-sheet: the flags/shields next to the door are missing, the steps shown from the secret door to the ledge are missing, and since it was sculpted the dungeon grate is also missing (although I'm confident we'll see it in time).
    From the vintage toy and prototype, a few things are missing as well (ie: smaller weapons rack). I actually made an image with everything missing but didn't want to post it as negativity was getting out of control. Maybe later on when we start clamouring for expanasion paks.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    No zodak74, you're not crazy. There's a vid with Scot saying that (Darkspecter posted it #2897 of this thread)

.... but then as has already been stated some people tend to remember what they want to remember.
    Okay... PHEW! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I am part of the "No candle holder, we riot" crowd. A small crowd, but I'm in
    Also, from the b-sheet: the flags/shields next to the door are missing, the steps shown from the secret door to the ledge are missing, and since it was sculpted the dungeon grate is also missing (although I'm confident we'll see it in time).
    From the vintage toy and prototype, a few things are missing as well (ie: smaller weapons rack). I actually made an image with everything missing but didn't want to post it as negativity was getting out of control. Maybe later on when we start clamouring for expanasion paks.
    No, please post that image. I want to riot at home a bit, going to bed and find no sleep about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I love CG. The 4HM have knocked it out of the park! Now, why is it that no one has criticized them for the size of the jawbridge? Surely Scott didn't impose it to be that small while holding a gun to their head? I believe they tried to get as close to the foam mock up as possible. I give kudos to them for such excellent work. Hurry up December '13, can't wait to have this in my collection.
    Well said. Well said indeed. I trust that everyone is trying their best/working with what is available to give us what we want. A little positivity, folks. If you don't like how it's shaking out, you may cancel your order. I totally respect that choice. No biggie. But for me, I can't wait.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Watch this video between 21:05-21:35, where Scott is stating that they might put more into it, but not less than what was shown in the (B-sheet)!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt36q8LqXjo&feature=player_embedded

In general, Scott says a lot of things and keeps retracting from them whenever he needs to or whenever he feels like it...
    Yeah He also said they were deciding on a price between $200 and $300
    They should have settled at $325 perhaps
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    I think you guys will love this video

"Video: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Will Be ENORMOUS!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpAEhXAmDs
    Scott, I don't mind buying "THAT" Castle Grayskull model ! Its WAYYYYYYYY BIGGER than the proto.

Please PM me about the pricing details !! LOL !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    In the latest video, the door is measured to be 7-8". The MOTUC figures are built to a 6" scale, no?
    No. Mattel claims they are 6" scale, but if you measure them you'll find that they are actually 7". If they were 6" scale then Marlena Glenn would be 7 feet tall. Unlikely for an astronaut from Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    How much more room are you looking for? 10" 12" 36"? Anything more than what we're getting is unrealistic for a small-run $300 castle like what we're getting.
    I just want it to be big enough to fit He-Man through the doorway easily. At the moment this castle looks to be more in scale with the Vintage line than the Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    People keep saying Mattel promised us everything on the b sheet. I don't remember that. The sale page says "Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the initial sculpt and in the “B sheet” product drawings to the left, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet." "One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or removed from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now." Did it say anything different before other than the part about the sculpt? I'm pretty sure it always said that last part at least.

Posted by Toyguru: This is the one we have all waited for. It is in scale with our 6” figures and chock full of every detail, crammed with accessories, and ideally will be sculpted to perfection soon (once we hit that minimum number of pre-orders on Nov 12th!). And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.

Here's the thread where it was posted:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rayskull+video

Notice the thread title stating "Still On The Fence". This was a sales pitch to try to get more orders, in which I complied.....in scale with 6" figures, (closely in scale, but really not)....chock full of every detail......which it is not. (dungeon sticker and no sculpted interior walls), crammed with accessories(maybe), and the final sentence that it includes all of the items in the blueprints, hope to add more but no less,(yet, more items may be scrapped).
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Posted by Toyguru: This is the one we have all waited for. It is in scale with our 6” figures and chock full of every detail, crammed with accessories, and ideally will be sculpted to perfection soon (once we hit that minimum number of pre-orders on Nov 12th!). And for those a little unsure, it does include ALL of the items shown in the blueprints. We hope to add more, but there won’t be less.

Here's the thread where it was posted:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rayskull+video

Notice the thread title stating "Still On The Fence". This was a sales pitch to try to get more orders, in which I complied.....in scale with 6" figures, (closely in scale, but really not)....chock full of every detail......which it is not. (dungeon sticker and no sculpted interior walls), crammed with accessories(maybe), and the final sentence that it includes all of the items in the blueprints, hope to add more but no less,(yet, more items may be scrapped).

This reminds me of the statement made that helped persuade people to order the hoverboard and then it was denied later.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Neitlich, Beyond The Marquee (Episode 10), Mar. 5th, 2012 (4:15)
    The pink here, it's gonna be a hologram. It's gonna be that lenticular, shiny hologram that everybody's... y'know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Neitlich, MattyCollector Forums, Dec. 11th, 2012
    We did not state the board would have a lenticular. This was never a feature we noted in any communication, especially when the props we reviewed did not have a lenticular.

Watch this video between 21:05-21:35, where Scott is stating that they might put more into it, but not less than what was shown in the (B-sheet)!

In general, Scott says a lot of things and keeps retracting from them whenever he needs to or whenever he feels like it...
    The 25 minute mark is where it really gets interesting. They had to speck it out for cost. "But at minimum this is what you're going to get".
    "The original castle goes up to about the eyeballs of this one. So, that's how big this thing is".

If you look at the measurement video, the vintage castle is indeed higher than the eyeballs of the new one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I was /still am excited about the Castle, and I planned to get one and did pre-order and I knew ordering then that things would change probably up to SDCC - when they have to start production.

I really thought there was no chance of getting this built at all...I was happy with the Grayskull box that talks. Things can change until we see the final product after initial reveals...the Castle, figures, quarterly items...etc.

It is to see that some feedback may be able to be applied to make some changes...if that happens great as well.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    The 25 minute mark is where it really gets interesting. They had to speck it out for cost. "But at minimum this is what you're going to get".
    "The original castle goes up to about the eyeballs of this one. So, that's how big this thing is".

If you look at the measurement video, the vintage castle is indeed higher than the eyeballs of the new one.
    LOL... You know what, if it was only a &75-$100 Castle shell with the right measurements with no interiors (only a display piece with the top floor, the laser canon and an articulate draw-bridge), I would've justified the purchases a lot more.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    This reminds me of the statement made that helped persuade people to order the hoverboard and then it was denied later.

Originally Posted by Scott Neitlich, Beyond The Marquee (Episode 10), Mar. 5th, 2012 (4:15)
    The pink here, it's gonna be a hologram. It's gonna be that lenticular, shiny hologram that everybody's... y'know.
    Originally Posted by Scott Neitlich, MattyCollector Forums, Dec. 11th, 2012
    We did not state the board would have a lenticular. This was never a feature we noted in any communication, especially when the props we reviewed did not have a lenticular.
    It's just sad that this kind of contradiction has become the norm in the era of Matty Collector. What is Scott going to do when the few remaining subscribers walk away for good? SDCC is going to be very interesting this year.

I'm glad you posted this. His contradictions need to be documented and cited with applicable. For years Scott has counted on people being forgetful and then using what comes across as diversionary tactics to draw attention away from what has happened.
    Last edited by PPC; February 28, 2013 at 03:39am.

Widget
    Sad thing is, that this Scott Neitlich reminds me a lot of Jeremy Padawer from Jakks. When he was doing the WWE Classic Superstars line he did the same. I feel Mattel lost their credibility as soon as they did that "We need a minimum number of subscription pre-orders to get the line going in 2013" thing. Castle Grayskull top everything now!

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrayskull View Post
    Sad thing is, that this Scott Neitlich reminds me a lot of Jeremy Padawer from Jakks. When he was doing the WWE Classic Superstars line he did the same. I feel Mattel lost their credibility as soon as they did that "We need a minimum number of subscription pre-orders to get the line going in 2013" thing. Castle Grayskull top everything now!
    Heh, Jeremy Padawer used to be brand manager of the 200X MotU at Mattel before Scott was hired. That's funny that you state the two are similar. I guess toy companies look for similar characteristics in their managers.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Val, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Scott, thanks for saving me $250 + shipping. I am currently at 90%+ on cancelling (was at about 75% BEFORE the Q&A). This thing keeps getting worse and worse for the money.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I guess i'll better buy the PS4 !?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Not understanding the big backlash. Yes, the entrance isn't as large as I would have liked, but the castle still looks incredible and is still huge. No reason for me to cancel my preorders!

Go back and listen to the RGDs when it was originally up for pre-order. TONS of promises that have NOT been kept. Spoken word does count. Sure, legal put together a FINE order page that covered their asses well, but when Scott is on RGD he made promises that I won't forget. Everything sculpted, inside not being the inverse of the outside, etc. FAIL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Not understanding the big backlash. Yes, the entrance isn't as large as I would have liked, but the castle still looks incredible and is still huge. No reason for me to cancel my preorders!
    Good for you! Do some research or read the thread and you will see promises disappear. Quite fun!
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

This deal's getting worse every time!!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

It does look good in there!

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Can somebody bring me up to speed quickly on my one question....

Have we heard if they are doing anything about the open drawbridge sitting a half inch up off the ground, just floating in space?

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Can somebody bring me up to speed quickly on my one question....

Have we heard if they are doing anything about the open drawbridge sitting a half inch up off the ground, just floating in space?
    According to the last Q&A, they are looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Go back and listen to the RGDs when it was originally up for pre-order. TONS of promises that have NOT been kept. Spoken word does count. Sure, legal put together a FINE order page that covered their asses well, but when Scott is on RGD he made promises that I won't forget. Everything sculpted, inside not being the inverse of the outside, etc. FAIL!
    I do remember those promises (or the sale pitches), it's nothing new considering all the other promises we've heard during the subscription sale every year! Well, at least here, people have the option to cancel their pre-orders with no strings attached.
    Too bad that even the most iconic feature of the brand also has to suffer from the alleged rising production costs! I myself don't buy it.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.