Page 14 of 186 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I think if done, Castle Grayskull should not be broke up into pieces! Despite all the bickering people would do about not getting that piece from Matty. There would always be some complaining when you get two pieces and they don't connected properly! So just stick with selling it as a whole!

I would like to see Grayskull to look similar to the way it does on Scareglow's reliquary. But have it close up similar to how the 200X version did.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new Castle, but only if the line went to retail and I could see it in person before deciding to buy it or not. i'd hate to pay the outrageous online prices for something that big.
    I'm confused...why would it matter if you could see it in person. Playsets like this always come un-assembled in a closed opaque box. You have just as much chance getting a "flawed" Castle Grayskull from a brick and mortar as you would an online store. You can't open the box in the store and look at everything - at least you can't while still being respectful of the merchandice and other collectors. And the box won't come with a window - so what's the differenece? Either way, you'd still have to take it home to open it to see if it matched with you standards of perfection, and then exchange it if it didn't.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

A true Castle Grayskull from my childhood works best for me. I would rather have it not be skinny and missing all its environment. I dont need it to open in half either. Tower tops and opening the door, using the bridge before would be plenty to place figures.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'm confused...why would it matter if you could see it in person. Playsets like this always come un-assembled in a closed opaque box. You have just as much chance getting a "flawed" Castle Grayskull from a brick and mortar as you would an online store. You can't open the box in the store and look at everything - at least you can't while still being respectful of the merchandice and other collectors. And the box won't come with a window - so what's the differenece? Either way, you'd still have to take it home to open it to see if it matched with you standards of perfection, and then exchange it if it didn't.
    umm, yeah. very true. I don't have high standards of perfection when it comes to toys. as long as the figures don't have two left feet or something, I'm pretty easy to please.

what i should have said is that I'd like to see CG in person at my local store and be able to purchase it there if i wanted to, rather than pay the outrageous online prices and shipping for something like that. Alot of times when I'm not sure whether to get a 'big' item, seeing it in the store (how big it is, looking at pics on the box, the features, etc.) can influence my decision on getting it or not. like the new Millenium Falcon...
    IMO, things always look better in person than any pics on a website can ever depict. I guess i'm still old school. i like to see what I'm purchasing before purchasing it. unfortunately that's not an option with this toyline.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

IF we get a Castle Grayskull?

If we ever get a Castle Grayskull,this is the one I would want ,but maybe with some flashing lights and thunder sounds like the 200x one.

What would your ideal MOTUC Castle Grayskull be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Indeed. That version is very, very good. I would want a version that combines the original & the MYP version. I know that's a rather vague answer.*shrug*
    I'll edit this post when & if I can come up with a clearer image of it myself.

I'd like a Castle Grayskull that is very similar to this:
    http://www.joeamaro.net/Grayskull.html

But with at least one side that could be hinged and pulled out to showcase an interior as well. I also don't care for the gun on my Castle Grayskull, but that's just me (I know it was on the vintage one too, but blah).
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Size is the major problem here. I seriously believe the jawbridge alone should be the size of 2 classics figures tall. This would make it very expensive to buy and ship. I can't see it being done as much as i want it.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm using the 80's one. It just has a far better look than the 200x toy. Sure the 200x playset is bigger, but i've really grown to dislike it's appearance, especially that logo on the skull.
    Logo on the skull is really terrible. The old castle with it's depth at least is just unbeatable.

I'm just glad there was a 2000 castle though, Playsets just dont happen anymore, unless it's barbie.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    I've come down with a really bad case of Grayskullstinens... I get annoyed every time I see my KingGrayskull box, which is the only Grayskull we've got for this line.

I'd really like an in scale model, not a toy. Not just the front, or half a castle. The full 360! I know we won't get anything Filmation-y, but I'd like this thread to be more about what you'd wish for The classic playset is... well, the classic, but you don't really get the right... feeling with it, as the filmation version of the castle had (for me). Someone here called it "the spirit of grayskull", very fitting for the "it-feeling".

I've never much cared for the 200x version. Haven't really seen the toy irl, but both the toy and cartoon version seemed to be too sterile. The scale of it was cool, but it lacked something. The interior of the filmation castle was also a lot more imaginative imho.

I was thinking of how I'd want the ultimate castle model, or playset if you wish, to be like... Did some quick sketches for you. As you guys already have pointed out in some other threads, it would have to be really big, I've measured this one to be 81 cm tall O_o... otherwise you wouldn't get the right scale.

Still thinking about what the interior should be like, there aren't that many good reference pics, and I'm not really sure what locations you'd want to be in a model like this... Any suggestions? What would you get with your dream-Grayskull?

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/frontright.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/backleft.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/interior.jpg

http://www.breath.se/images/heman/assembly.jpg
    man, your project is AMAZING!!!!!! I want this Grayskull right now!

I thought whichever Castle turn out better of King Grayskull's packaging for sure!
    I also like this, it's a project that I'd worked months ago and it's very very large....

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

I would like my CG to be big enough to look right with the figures. I would want it to look like the vintage one externally and then have new features on the inside. I would love to see a "magical portal" somewhere in it and the bottom level could have the crystals from the 200X toon. I think an elevated throne for the Sorceress would be a nice touch too. And make it so that lots of figures could be standing on and around it.

Heroic Warrior
    second that!

I preffer a mix between Rudy Obrero's castle with some styles of the 200x one but not the front, I like to see that in Rudy's style

and I want to see a full castle grayscull not just two halves of it

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    I seriously believe the jawbridge alone should be the size of 2 classics figures tall.
    2 figures tall is a good test. Allow He-Man to comfortably ride Battle Cat into the Castle!

Originally posted by gucky:
    and I want to see a full castle grayscull not just two halves of it
    I cannot believe I have never thought of having a complete, 4 wall (and roof) Castle Grayskull. This is a brilliant idea! Of course, it would have to be able to be opened up for play and display with all the interior features that have been raised in this thread.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Let's make it the biggest "Build a" thing in history. Every figure until 2016 gives you one small bit inside the pack...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Let's make it the biggest "Build a" thing in history. Every figure until 2016 gives you one small bit inside the pack...
    Toyguru already stated that it will not be a Build-a-thing. He said if they do a Castle Grayskull, it will be a complete playset. This was in one of the Q&A from the 1st.

From Pop Culture Network 7-1-10
    4) With all the tooling dollars required for a new Castle Grayskull, would you be willing to try what Playmates did with their Star Trek line, and possibly include pieces of the Castle with future figures? This could be a fund way to build up a small display scene or Castle Grayskull diorama to display the figures with.

We’d rather just do the whole Castle to be honest. Maybe in a movie year
    Last edited by kagamigod; July 8, 2010 at 09:10am.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Toyguru already stated that it will not be a Build-a-thing. He said if they do a Castle Grayskull, it will be a complete playset. This was in one of the Q&A from the 1st.

From Pop Culture Network 7-1-10
    4) With all the tooling dollars required for a new Castle Grayskull, would you be willing to try what Playmates did with their Star Trek line, and possibly include pieces of the Castle with future figures? This could be a fund way to build up a small display scene or Castle Grayskull diorama to display the figures with.

We’d rather just do the whole Castle to be honest. Maybe in a movie year
    …
    I wasn't very serious. And I rather doubt it will come out anyway, but hey! We'll see!

Heroic Warrior
    Castle Grayskull would be just epically awesome. I would happily pay upwards of $150 for a good sized CG. The Star Wars BMF was well worth the extra money it cost, and I would be even happier to pay for a great looking CG.

I would prefer one done more in the classic style with plenty of depth and excellent sculpting. It should have props inside it like were shown in the cartoons (portals, sorceress throne room, maybe the cave of the elders, etc). And I agree...it needs to have a portal large enough for He-Man to ride Battle Cat through the portal. It needs to be 2+ feet tall to really capture CG sense of scale. Larger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    2 figures tall is a good test. Allow He-Man to comfortably ride Battle Cat into the Castle!

I cannot believe I have never thought of having a complete, 4 wall (and roof) Castle Grayskull. This is a brilliant idea! Of course, it would have to be able to be opened up for play and display with all the interior features that have been raised in this thread.
    They could do the same with Snake Mountain and put as a extra Serpos So you can Transform it

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I don't see them making CG on the scale it would need to be in order to be accurate scale so they'll compromise like they've always done and bring it into something managable. I'd like to see a CG that looks like the vintage set but which has the updated look and features of the 200x version. I would like to see at least a third wall on it. And I would pay up to $200 bucks for one just fyi TG.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by gucky View Post
    They could do the same with Snake Mountain and put as a extra Serpos So you can Transform it
    So many awesome ideas in this thread. ^^^ this is yet another!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    zombihamma has finished his amazing sculpt.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...3772&start=195

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Holy crap, that's wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    zombihamma has finished his amazing sculpt.
    I WANT it.......BADDDDDD!!!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Zombihama's Grayskull is about all I would ever want. I just need the front, with a working drawbridge.

I say that for a number of reasons:

1.) Space. I don't have the space, especially not come 2015-6 or so when we have a ridiculous amount of figures to display, to have a display piece that is extremely tall, fairly wide, AND extremely deep. It would just take up far too much space.

2.) I don't need an interior. With such an already large item on display, how would I ever have the space to open it up and use any interior detailing? Either I'd have to open it and have it on display with the figures inside the Castle, or I'd have to display just the front and the interior would be worthless to me.

An interior just doesn't serve a purpose for display purposes. Unless you buy two of them so you can have the front of Grayskull facing out, AND the interior exposed somewhere else in the display.

Plus, unless the Castle were three feet tall or more, you're not going to get a convincing interior anyway. It'll always seem too small and cramped inside. No thanks.

I'd rather have separate dio sets depicting various areas of Grayskull's interior. For instance, a Sorceress's Throne Room set. This would allow the 'interior' places to be better-scaled to the figures rather than having to try to fit them inside the Grayskull model itself.

Ultimately, this is how I'll be making my own display. I'm already planning to build it all myself. If Mattel comes out with a nice Grayskull front, I'll be all over it. But if they make an actual playset/model, it'll either be too big to be useful to me, or too small and unimpressive. In either case, I'd pass on it.