Page 15 of 186 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    zombihamma has finished his amazing sculpt.
    Its awesome!!! Perfect!!!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    oh the things I would do to own this. the bad, terrible, unspeakable things I would do to own this.

If Mattel doesn't give us something as close to this as possible for a Castle Grayskull sculpt, it will be a monumental fail on their part!

**Please remove image tags when replying with a quote. Thanks!**

Heroic Warrior
    well to be fair, i don't think we know how much this would cost at this size, so if they do end up doing the Castle, the sculpt is going to be tied to the price moreso than what they want to do (Tytus).

Holy crap on stick, that is amazing!!
    This is the most professional looking home made job I have seen.

And yes, I too would expect Mattel to give is as good if not better.

Amazing stuff! I want one!! No really...I want one!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I WOULD LOVE to have something like this released by Mattel. Can you imagine? Finally a real Castle Grayskull - this custom is inspiring. I just can't stop looking at it.

Beautiful...
    just beautiful...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I think that is the PERFECT size.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    I WOULD LOVE to have something like this released by Mattel. Can you imagine? Finally a real Castle Grayskull - this custom is inspiring. I just can't stop looking at it.
    I KNOW...I can't help thinking about other sides or an interior! It's so damn big, but so right! And the likeness to the original CG playset is incredible!!!

Man, I hope this pic launches some meetings and phone calls at Mattel and inspire them to make CG.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would be thrilled to get any version of Castle Grayskull in our MOTUC's collection!!! I think realistically, we are most likely to see the facade version if the line continues kicking tail for another year or so. Bring it on!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...3772&start=195

That's crazy awesome. Jaws have been dropped.

I really want one!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I can't wait to see a Castle Grayskull!! I got to thinking, they are releasing the weapons rack next year. I think it was mentioned there will also be diorama pieces coming soon too. What if those diorama pieces will be the throne, the dungeon, the computer terminal with spaceman suit, the laser cannon and flag, etc... all to keep costs down. Then they can just release an empty castle and we'll have everything to go in it already??!! I'd be all for that!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    POST 6666!!!!

I can't get over how big it is...

...I really would love to see one of the sides done in this scale.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I can't get over how big it is...

Last edited by KUZEH; August 6, 2010 at 03:42pm.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I fully support a Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC line, sign me up for one

zombihamma's Castle Grayskull is definably amazing!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    too funny, man... shut it down.

About Castle Grayskull..

In the last WTFWTK Toyguru says:

"If we took the energy and time to have a Grayskull sculpted, we would likely sell it as a whole. It would actually take twice the amount of logistics to break it up, and in the end that might kill the concept. If we did a playset, we would not break it up to help streamline the project"

But then we just saw Castle Grayskull's own weapons rack at SDCC... i.e. a part of the old playset which, according to Toyguru's own words, should not come separated from the whole castle in the event the latter is made!

Could this mean that Castle Grayskull is just around the corner??

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I could see that being something they save for a "movie year release" but I hope not, I hope we see it soon! Late 2011 early 2012 please? I kinda like the idea of it coming in smaller sets that you add on but I can see why they don't want to do it that way, can you imagine it come buying day and getting the WSOD and end up only getting 3 of the 5 pieces over the course of a year, what good is 3/5 of castle grayskull? I mean I think we'll definitely see one, I can't imagine Mattel leaving the object that the entire line is centered on, can't wait to see the 4H take on it!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle of Grayskul View Post
    can you imagine it come buying day and getting the WSOD and end up only getting 3 of the 5 pieces over the course of a year, what good is 3/5 of castle grayskull?
    Then we could have "the original" reissue pieces of Castle Grayskull

Haha good point!!! If/When they do Castle Grayskull, I think they're going to have to put a lower cap on it, like at 2 or 3, yeah that sucks for fans who want one MISB, one open, and then one for each of their kids, but that would ensure that more of the castles end up in the fans hands than scalpers loading their carts up and beating us all to the punch come sale day. I really don't want to pay 2-3x the price on ebay just because I got WSOD'd on sale day for 20 minutes and ended up empty handed

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    In the last WTFWTK Toyguru says:

"If we took the energy and time to have a Grayskull sculpted, we would likely sell it as a whole. It would actually take twice the amount of logistics to break it up, and in the end that might kill the concept. If we did a playset, we would not break it up to help streamline the project"

But then we just saw Castle Grayskull's own weapons rack at SDCC... i.e. a part of the old playset which, according to Toyguru's own words, should not come separated from the whole castle in the event the latter is made!

Could this mean that Castle Grayskull is just around the corner??
    I'm following you on this one, and hope your right. If they did a Castle Grayskull, I would buy one and pay up to $200.00 for one done right. I would also like a Snake Mountain, but one that resembles what we saw in the Cartoons MYP/Filmation. The comic version and original playset they called Snake Mountain in the 80s, I will gladly pass cause that was awful. What I didn't like most about the playsets in the 80s for MOTU was the fact they didn't resemble the cartoon counterparts. So here's to hoping that this can be changes some in the MOTUC line, presuming we get playsets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I'm following you on this one, and hope your right. If they did a Castle Grayskull, I would buy one and pay up to $200.00 for one done right. I would also like a Snake Mountain, but one that resembles what we saw in the Cartoons MYP/Filmation. The comic version and original playset they called Snake Mountain in the 80s, I will gladly pass cause that was awful. What I didn't like most about the playsets in the 80s for MOTU was the fact they didn't resemble the cartoon counterparts. So here's to hoping that this can be changes some in the MOTUC line, presuming we get playsets at all.
    Agreed, and I think $200 is a very possible ball park price for it, with the 4H doing it, we know it'll be amazing, really hoping it's just massive in size and gigantic like it should be!! I too hope to see a Snake mountain counterpart matching the cartoon incarnation and equally massive and awesome

Unfortunately I am not very excited for a Grayskull or other "big" playset.

Mattel would charge enormous amounts of shipping for it to reach us international fans, and we'd then have to pay an assload of customs and fees to even get to collect it. I can't afford to sink that sort of money into one single toy

Castle Grayskull is the bonus figure for April.

Have they explained that weapons pack, as in how it is going to be released?

All I know is that they have told us over and over again that we aren't getting playsets with this line. Not that we should stop demanding them, though.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!