Page 157 of 186 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    You'd think they would open the pre-orders again after SDCC...?
    They will because with all the cancel orders there will be many left to be sold. I just cancel my extra set. One is good for now. I may get another for misb later. Still funny how when I entered my order number they said no records of it. I called and they found it. I wonder if they do this to make people not cancel? I mean the screen will not go forward because your order number is not in the system so it says. The only way would be to call through 2 numbers. It takes a bit of figuring out for newbies who never cancel anything before like me.

Heroic Warrior
    You'd think they would open the pre-orders again after SDCC...?
    Well.... preorders were to get enough money to greenlight the project.

They got that.

Any cancelations and anyone who wants to jump on the bandwagon will get the higher price for waiting...

They're obviously confident that this will sell for the higher price point on the day of says

Honestly, I think that's pretty fair. when the grayskull thermeter was touch and go people were begging and pleading other fans to sign up sight unseen... if they didn't?? Why SHOULD they get the same price as the ones from the beginning? Doesn't really set a very good standard for their 'preorder' stratagy if its actually SMARTER to NOT preorder...

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    So....

If what you are saying is true...the castle is actually larger in volume to the B-sheet?

Height (not including flagpole) on the B-sheet was 25.425" (a tad shorter)
    Width on the B-sheet was 26.060" x 28.300"

Are you positive on those dimensions or just guessing?
    The height is 62 centimeters, which is 24.41 inches.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Why SHOULD they get the same price as the ones from the beginning? Doesn't really set a very good standard for their 'preorder' stratagy if its actually SMARTER to NOT preorder...
    Still dont get this mentality of "punishing" people who don't drink the kool aid or were just unsure (or still unsure) at the time...
    The aim of the game is to sell more product regardless if they preordered or not, (and not create a divide amongst fans or drive away potential customers)
    Last edited by oICEMANo; August 6, 2013 at 08:40pm.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    The height is 62 centimeters, which is 24.41 inches.
    Thanks
    I was wondering why people were all up in arms if it was less than a half inch shorter. (Still, it's only an inch!)

Still dont get this mentality of "punishing" people who don't drink the kool aid or were just unsure (or still unsure) at the time...
    The aim of the game is to sell more product regardless if they preordered or not, (and not create a divide amongst fans or drive away potential customers)
    Sorry Iceman, your point of view doesnt work with a business model. Of course they are going to give a discount for those who bought on faith as a reward for helping the project through. They are not punishing you so much as just making you pay full retail price since you hadnt. Customer faith and loyalty has rewards in ANY good business....everyone else just pays standard rate. It isnt unfair OR unjust. You knew well in advance that you had that opportunity and passed it up. At least you will still have the opportunity to buy if you wish.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Sorry Iceman, your point of view doesnt work with a business model. Of course they are going to give a discount for those who bought on faith as a reward for helping the project through. They are not punishing you so much as just making you pay full retail price since you hadnt. Customer faith and loyalty has rewards in ANY good business....everyone else just pays standard rate. It isnt unfair OR unjust. You knew well in advance that you had that opportunity and passed it up. At least you will still have the opportunity to buy if you wish.
    I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't explain why size and accessories were cut. The castle was originally $200, then they upped the price to $250 to avoid having to make any cuts. The pre-orders went through at this $250 price point which greenlit the project (but as we know, cuts were made anyway). Scott mentioned repeatedly (in defense of these cuts) that Mattel gave us the best castle they could at this $250 price. The increased prices of $275 then $300 per unit for "late buyers" are not the prices at which the castles were manufactured and seems only punitive. That's not saying Mattel doesn't reserve the right to do absolutely whatever they wish regarding price changing, only that the reason for the higher prices doesn't seem to be to offset production costs.

I am still stoked about CG. Yea it's expensive and all, but man, it looks great and I can't wait to have some epic battles playing with my sons!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I can't believe people are still cancelling this????

Heroic Warrior
    Me neither, unless it's for space or monetary reason. The castle is still huge and looks amazing.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm definitely not cancelling myself (even though I could do so with a click of the mouse, as I'm not getting it through Matty). Had we lost more stuff at SDCC, I might have considered it, and can understand the reasons some are doing so, but for me it's still worth the price as a huge collector's piece. Short run=high price. I accept that, and, for me, the castle meets my minimum standard and a bit beyond. Truthfully, if it were much bigger, I might have to reconsider whether I have a place to actually put it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I can't believe people are still cancelling this????
    Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I might have considered [canceling], and can understand the reasons some are doing so, but for me it's still worth the price as a huge collector's piece.
    It seems like some people lack empathy and appear unable to fathom how others could hold a different view.

The revised castle, while not perfect, is still worth the money for me as well. It's large and is made up of many individual pieces, unlike the original which was a cheap shell with stickers and cardboard.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

After seeing the castle in person at SDCC, I'm pretty excited about it. Now my only concern is actually paying for it and finding a place to display it. Oct/Nov are stacked with MOTUC product and my wallet will not be happy.

Yea space is the real issue... but man, the fun to be had with this castle, as long as it is made of a tough, quality plastic, will be mindblowing. I can see this being the one item my sons gravitate towards for a long time. I will hold off opening it until Christmas. In fact I am not opening up any motuc from October - Dec. My wife will wrap all of them, and my boys and I will have an awesome Christmas morning!!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Latest round of answers says we'll see the cross-sell poster in November but the Castle ships in December. Are we getting this thing in Nov or Dec?

Better be November so I can have it for the Holidays!

When we pre-ordered they said December. I would think they would have to ask us before moving such a massive purchase up a month. I have two of these pre-ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    When we pre-ordered they said December. I would think they would have to ask us before moving such a massive purchase up a month. I have two of these pre-ordered!
    At SDCC they were saying November. I'm cool with December, though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I think it's funny that sooo many folks complained in Feb that CG was too small (including the drawbridge clearance issue) and the main reason most folks are cancelling now is because it is too big and they don't have a place to put it!

I know they may not be the same folks, but I'll bet some of them are!

I still have my CG pre-order from last year (with the map) and I'm keeping it come Hell or High Water! If I don't end up with enough space for CG in my collection room in the new house we are building (that will be ready in Nov), I'll MAKE space for it!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I'm even more excited about this castle now than the day I pre-ordered it. November/December can't get here soon enough!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I think it's funny that sooo many folks complained in Feb that CG was too small (including the drawbridge clearance issue) and the main reason most folks are cancelling now is because it is too big and they don't have a place to put it!
    I admit that one kind of boggles my mind as well.

Frankly I have NO idea where I'm gonna put this thing... I just REALLY hope that it folds up like the original did... because it MAY be sitting next to the closet or something and only brought out when the nephews are over...

But yeah, Everyone wanted this as big as possible... and were LIVID when it was just 'a tiny bit smaller'.... but now its being stated as 'still too big'.

Poor mattel doesn't know WHAT to do...

I WILL say I fear what they would do with a snake mountain if everyone keeps complaing about this being 'too big'

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I have no place to put this, but its a good piece to have and I know I'll regret it if I didn't buy it. Hopefully in the future I'll have space to display it and my figures openly.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

i'm clearing out space for two shelves and trying to figure out where to store original Grayskull.

is CG coming out in November or December? i've heard conflicting dates.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Hey folks!
    Sorry if it was covered already but,
    did anyone notice they've modified some lovely details such as rust-colored weapons
    to make 'em sound more brighty.
    Which is,IMO,a big mistake, the paint job was so unique and rightfully made CG look so ancestral.