Page 160 of 186 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by izdawiz View Post
    Hanging With The Horsemen Episode 4 is up!

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1213

No Castle stuff here, but ...

for those of you who haven't seen the first three episodes and want to catch up (there's lots of Castle Grayskull stuff in these).

Lots of behind-the-scenes Castle Grayskull stuff in

Episode Three:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1156

And for those of you who haven't seen the first two episodes and want to catch up on more Castle stuff.

Here's Episode Two

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1081

And Episode One.

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1068
    Thanks for these, very cool. I'm getting more and more pumped for CG now, only a few months away - Late November is my birthday, wonder if I'll have it by then!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I wonder if Matty or a third party company can make a big CG base for it like they did for the statue version of CG? Now how cool would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I wonder if Matty or a third party company can make a big CG base for it like they did for the statue version of CG? Now how cool would that be?
    It would be VERY cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Forget a base... I think they'd need to make a custom end table for this thing

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    It would be VERY cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Forget a base... I think they'd need to make a custom end table for this thing
    One can dream! It'd be neat if it was somewhat hollow enough underneath, could be the "Caverns of Fear" secret entrance!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I know conversation about the Castle has died down a bit, but I was thoroughly impressed with the progress made at SDCC from the NYCC proto. Seeing a more polished prototype quelled a lot of my fears. This is going to be an amazing piece and I'm proud to have supported the experiment since Day 1.

Anyway, this morning I was going thru some old photos, and found this picture of me from Christmas, 1983, which sums up my feelings about Castle Grayskull:

NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - KITTRINA, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    I know conversation about the Castle has died down a bit, but I was thoroughly impressed with the progress made at SDCC from the NYCC proto. Seeing a more polished prototype quelled a lot of my fears. This is going to be an amazing piece and I'm proud to have supported the experiment since Day 1.

Anyway, this morning I was going thru some old photos, and found this picture of me from Christmas, 1983, which sums up my feelings about Castle Grayskull:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3791/9...d15f940d79.jpg
    You were a lucky kid. That's a pretty nice haul there. It makes me greatfull that I was also lucky to have things like that.

Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and MOTU - the very same and only stuff I collected as a kid. That is awesome. I wish I had a photo like that from my childhood.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I got Snake Mountain for Christmas as a kid. We were camping and there was a flash flood so we had to abandon the family tent and seek refuge in a barn, I remember being concerned that Santa wouldn't know where I was because of the impromptu move - the next morning I woke up next to the biggest present I'd ever seen...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Anyway, this morning I was going thru some old photos, and found this picture of me from Christmas, 1983, which sums up my feelings about Castle Grayskull
    LOVE that picture! Man, I never get tired of some old school pics of kids busting open their favorite toys. Thanks for posting!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar

Awesome photo, man! I think we ALL need to post photos like this in this thread to get us all PUMPED UP about this thing. It's gonna be amazing!

Here's mine!

March of 1984, my 8th birthday party with my buddies:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJRules; September 12, 2013 at 03:27pm.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Awesome photo, man! I think we ALL need to post photos like this in this thread to get us all PUMPED UP about this thing. It's gonna be amazing!

Here's mine!

March of 1984, my 8th birthday party with my buddies:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/9...8728e3fd_b.jpg
    And I see you got a Trap Jaw & Ram Man. Sweet.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Here's the bio!
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I still wish Grayskull's true origins were unknown. Recent canon tends to make Grayskull into a simple building.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    i cant wait for this.. i hope suppoerting this spawns into snake mountain..

i wish i had pics of me as a kid. my ma has em somewhere..

My Castle story: I knew to never ask for big things in terms of toys. It was always out of the question and I never even considered asking for vehicles or big playsets. So I never asked for Castle Grayskull, but got it for Christmas in 1983. I was asked to go let my dog out, and it was sitting on the couch in the back room near the door, as a surprise. I let the dog out and didn't even see it. So I went back to the living room, and my parents said, 'okay, go let him back in'. I did, and still didn't see it. Then they're like, 'okay just go and look on the couch!' I was floored, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I still wish Grayskull's true origins were unknown. Recent canon tends to make Grayskull into a simple building.
    For me it will always be the mysterious Castle built long ago by Eternian scientists, referenced in the minicomics. In My Canon™it predates KG, and is at the exact center of the universe! Spooky and with all the secrets of the universe contained within. I don't like the silly religious overtones of Standor's bio, but the figure is okay he seems like a perfect candidate for an ancient Eternian scientist who was around back then.

When I heard King grayskulls origin was going to be revealed I always hoped the Skull of the castle used to actually be a real monster terrorizing the land that KG slayed, leading him to become king. When I saw the spine in the back of the castle, I thought this was going to be the story. In stead of the architect simply thinking, "hey lets build a spine!"
    God I hate Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    When I heard King grayskulls origin was going to be revealed I always hoped the Skull of the castle used to actually be a real monster terrorizing the land that KG slayed, leading him to become king. When I saw the spine in the back of the castle, I thought this was going to be the story. In stead of the architect simply thinking, "hey lets build a spine!"
    i prefer to think of the castle being so old that no one knows the origin of the oldest parts. i see the castle being built up over the years, ontop of ruins that included a skull and spine. the myth of the skeleton parts is that a giant beast or something from time before time died on that spot, leaving a focal point of power. the god thing fell forward as it died, leaving behind the shape we see remnants of now, maybe his limbs forming the rough area of the current towers. groups gravitated to the grave and probably worshiped there, built a temple, a fortress, a castle, many different things across countless years.

what we see as the castle now is a result of someone like king grayskull, he-ro, and tytus cuz hey, whynot. but even the real details of that are lost to history. preternia was thousands of years ago and clear accurate histories didn't survive the ages.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree... But this problem exists since the bios... For me Castle Grayskull's orgin is unknown and nobody, even the Sorceress, knows about who built it and what secrets else it holds...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For me it will always be the mysterious Castle built long ago by Eternian scientists, referenced in the minicomics. In My Canon™it predates KG, and is at the exact center of the universe! Spooky and with all the secrets of the universe contained within. I don't like the silly religious overtones of Standor's bio, but the figure is okay he seems like a perfect candidate for an ancient Eternian scientist who was around back then.
    Ah, that's a brilliant idea for Standor! My story is similar to yours, in that the Castle is so ancient that no one alive knows where it came from, but I do attribute it to the ancient technological civilization that predates everything. I'm sorta pulling some ideas around on who could have been around for those times, and Standor fits perfectly! Otherwise, I'm kinda using Ditztroyer and Zodac as the only others who were around at that time.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    image.jpg

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    image.jpg

That packaging looks sick!!! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    image.jpg

Great Photo!!! I love the few of the old castle too that folks posted up!!! I REALLY hope they include an actual poster of the box art with the castle... that thing is amazing!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

That is one big damn box if I do say so myself.

the Bio writer sucked the Mystery out of the Fortress of Mystery and Power...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.