Page 162 of 186 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

In my childhood canon, I always envisioned Castle Grayskull as the center of all magic in the universe and something of a mystical warehouse that also safeguarded the most powerful and dangerous technology, salvaged from Eternia's past. The original mini-comics hinted that the best weapons and gadgets were hidden inside the castle and explained why Skeletor tried so hard to sneak in!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

The thing I thought was odd was that they had the (I think final) castle on display with a bunch of figures loose around and in it for anyone to play with. I mean everyone, and even I was playing with the figures and Sky Sled that were there. Just surprised they didn't worry about people walking off with stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    let the man school us in whatever; he is free. Now, in my opinion, I like the idea of CG being in the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    No just making a point in general. I really don't waste time being bitter. But in a thread discussing the Castle I would prefer the discussion stay on the Castle and such. Not to try to school every one in the thread on physics, mummification, anatomy, and physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The thing about the story is that giants build this castle of stone. So there's no magic within the building itself. That's the difference between this canon and for example the Filmation cartoon, where there were dimensional gates, living stone creatures like the gate keeper or the magical structure shown in the inside chamber.

There is nothing mystical going on with the castle, it's just a building with the orb in it.
    Yup, and that's the main reason why this bio stinks.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

For the record, my Castle Grayskull is also at the center of the universe, at the border between the light and the darkness. And I teach physics and astronomy for a living, so I will not try to explain it, but rather enjoy it's existence.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I seriously can't wait for this! I have fond, but brief memories of CG when I was a kid. I got in to the line at the start, but I was only 2, so the first couple of years are kind of a blur. This year will definitely not be a blur! I can't wait to be a kid again! Well...moreso than usual!

To lighten things up a little (and make a bit of a fool of myself ), I found the old picture of my sister and I receiving Grayskull for Christmas. Apparently, I'm so excited I went psychotic and started eating my own hair!

Aaah, to be young and totally un-selfconscious.

Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Ok gang, let's stick to the topic: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion. Let's all respect each others opinions on the topic. It's ok to disagree with ones opinion but let's not go down the path of insults here. :hmgrin:
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Here's a couple of comparison pics between the vintage and classic.

Heroic Warrior
    I am all with what the Ancient one says
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Ok gang, let's stick to the topic: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion. Let's all respect each others opinions on the topic. It's ok to disagree with ones opinion but let's not go down the path of insults here. :hmgrin:
    - - - Updated - - -

I like the vintage one better for some reason in terms of art work, in particular the skull.

Did anyone happen to get a picture of the front of the castle today? Curious if they went with the rust color on the door details or if it was left the silver from SDCC. Kinda hoping its the rust color...looked worn and much better in my opinion.

The box looks great, but packaging isn't a selling point for me since it always goes straight into my recycle bin.

It's "only a building" in the same way that the power sword is "only a sword" or this toy line is "only a bunch of toys."

Lighten up, folks! I haven't seen this much negativity since the last time they showed off new things about the castle!

Is there any pics of the check list poster that will come with Castle Grayskull ?

Heroic Warrior
    I noticed from the pics above that the swiveling Combat Trainer on the back of the new box is listed as a separate item. Is it not coming with the castle, either? I thought only the Weapons Rack was separate.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I noticed from the pics above that the swiveling Combat Trainer on the back of the new box is listed as a separate item. Is it not coming with the castle, either? I thought only the Weapons Rack was separate.
    No I think that was just a nod to the vintage box where it was listing the different features of the castle. If you look closely it also lists the scaling ladder and capture flag, just like the vintage box. I think they just spaced it poorly that it looks like its with the separate items.

*grabby hands*
    RIGHT NOW!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the castle would smell like mildew...
    Not just because it's a skull.
    I think the Sorceress was to busy worrying about the castle being seized than cleaning it ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Is there any pics of the check list poster that will come with Castle Grayskull ?
    This was not on display and has yet to be revealed. Can't wait to see it personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It's going to be a chase item like the Spirit of Hordak figure.

So are the "it's only a building, meh" people skipping over the part where the skull grows from a magical stone and the fortress was built around it ignoring that sentence just so they have something to grouse about?

OMG that box is huge!!! I SHUDDER to think what the customs fees is going to be like on this!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Did anyone at Power-Con get the Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) of the Castle Grayskull box?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I have no earthly idea why they would have chosen that "model" for the box photo. The creepy expression is just too much for me. Is that Mattel's commentary on who they think is buying Grayskull?

who is that human being handling the playset on the bottom left corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    To lighten things up a little (and make a bit of a fool of myself ), I found the old picture of my sister and I receiving Grayskull for Christmas. Apparently, I'm so excited I went psychotic and started eating my own hair!

Aaah, to be young and totally un-selfconscious.

Love it! I remember my Grayskull Christmas morning as vividly as if it were yesterday. Thanks for sharing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app