Page 164 of 186 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Ohhh, good question! Technically the Castle was its own sub and since sub items are not usually included as part of EA I would like to say no, but I could be wrong.
    Scott said it is available to subscribers early access in the walkthrough video.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A few random thoughts, mainly inspired by Dan's walk-through with TG:

The whole flight stand thing makes a whole lot more sense now; I take it from TG's comments that the main purpose was for the sled, not the raider, but they couldn't say that in the beginning without revealing the sled way ahead of time. Still not something I see as an important feature, but more sensible than I originally thought.

Dang, that thing is huge. Just looking at the box as TG tried to manage it made quite an impression. I really don't think I could actually put it out if it was any bigger.

Kind of cool that the armor can actually hold weapons and a shield. Also cool that there are places to stick weapons throughout the castle. And I love the fact that the elevator skulls fit on the figures' neck posts; I wonder if Mattel would consider making a bag full of these for SDCC? I could see a bunch of skull warriors in a lot of collectors' displays in times to come.

All in all, it looks good. The throne really doesn't work with the Sorceress, and I can see why folks are making fun of the trap door dumping the baddies at the front door rather than the dungeon, but those are really minor points for me (the Sorceress is going to be in her classic arms spread pose atop the castle, for one thing). Overall, I'm glad I pre-ordered on Big Bad as soon as they put it up. It may not be 100% perfect, but it's well worth the money.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    A few random thoughts, mainly inspired by Dan's walk-through with TG:

The whole flight stand thing makes a whole lot more sense now; I take it from TG's comments that the main purpose was for the sled, not the raider, but they couldn't say that in the beginning without revealing the sled way ahead of time. Still not something I see as an important feature, but more sensible than I originally thought.
    That doesn't really make sense. If the hole was meant for the Sky Sled, why didn't they include the base with the Sky Sled?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    Any ideas on how to preserve cardboard to prevent fading, denting, ripping, etc.?
    First and foremost, I'd say keep the box and it's beautiful art away from any direct sunlight. Sunlight is a collectors worst enemy. In regard to preserving it, that's a toughie. If you mean as is (an assembled box) i'm not too sure, but if you cut the front side off, you could always go to a professional framer and get it framed with all that acid-free covering and whatnot. It'd look stunning in a sweet frame. I think there are some frames you can get now which essentially makes the framed item look like its 'floating' within the frame, which could mean you could also cut out the rear flap and get it mounted behind the cover art.

Just a thought
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yup, and completely failed to mention the Sorceress.
    While Castle Grayskull is the "Sorceress' home" in the cartoons, I think they should have mentioned that A Sorceress on duty serves as the caretaker and guardian of the Castle for 5000 years.

Personally I've thought that the Sorceress should merely protect the castle and guard it from intrusion, not actually use the power or utilize it's secrets. The throne should be saved for the eventual Master of the Castle. Sort of like a monk who guards something valuable, but doesn't benefit from the thing that he's guarding.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

What's this about some not shipping till next year? In order of when you ordered? Since when? I cannot remember when I placed my order but I better be getting this before X mas.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Love the gold skulls. Very fun.

The statue space guy looks nice, and the box is stunning.

My tiny gripe is that once fully assembled, you can't unassembled and store the castle in the box. One day I'll want that to happen, but I like the pawn, and will be displaying it with the paen and not a whole in the top. I like the handle as well. Makes the castle bigger. We'll see.

My large gripe is more with DR. I've had the worst year ever with DR, I don't even want to get into it, but when having to update my credit card information on everything, they basically cancel your orders and place new ones. The new order has the date it was purchase, not the old date. So in addition to more shipping than I was originally quoted, I'll probably (maybe not, but seriously, it'll happen with DR in control) not get this castle until after DOS peeps get theirs. Hearing January or beyond after hearing November is a jarring shift in pace.

Honestly, that's about as lame as it gets. Really put a downer on the news of the castle, for me personally anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    If the hole was meant for the Sky Sled, why didn't they include the base with the Sky Sled?
    This. Plus, why are we having to share this stand? I'd like another stand. Hopefully somebody will find something suitable.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While Castle Grayskull is the "Sorceress' home" in the cartoons, I think they should have mentioned that A Sorceress on duty serves as the caretaker and guardian of the Castle for 5000 years.

Personally I've thought that the Sorceress should merely protect the castle and guard it from intrusion, not actually use the power or utilize it's secrets. The throne should be saved for the eventual Master of the Castle. Sort of like a monk who guards something valuable, but doesn't benefit from the thing that he's guarding.
    I agree. Her role is to keep the castle safe from evil, but she doesn't rule over the power of Castle Grayskull. The castle is ruled by its own will, it's a force which cannot be manipulated. She draws her magic out of it, because the castle let her do it but it's He-Man's destiny to rule Castle Grayskull eventually. He is the worthy one to use the castle's power and is forever bonded to Grayskull.

That doesn't really make sense. If the hole was meant for the Sky Sled, why didn't they include the base with the Sky Sled?
    Maybe when the Castle was being designed, they only had the idea of the solo Sky Sled on paper. I know they had the prototype of the Battle Ram, but I'm not sure had the flight stand hole was in the prototype. So maybe Mattel had the conversation about possibly packing out the Sky Sled and having it work with the Castle in some way. And then instead of holding up the Grayskull sculpt, they decided to model it after the Wind Raider stand and that the Sky Sled would just use the same stand. These items were probably being developed around the same time.

I honestly think the Sky Sled was intended to come with its own stand, even if it was the same one used for the Wind Raider, and then mgmt pointed out the sales of the Wind Raider and opted to pack it out with a figure instead. All three together would have been far too expensive.

Just a possibility.

The CG box is freaking awesome and huuuuge! I hope it'll be packaged well when shipped to fans. Oh.....I hope.

not sure how many others will be buying this for kids, but wanted to say that playing with it at the show I was VERY impressed with just how "kid friendly" they seemed to make it... I am SO Stoked to give this to my girls for Christmas... they're gonna be floored! lol. the drawbridge and throne mechanisms, and the way the elevator's been engineered, just feel so "right" and work very well for a kid's way of approaching things... all the play aspects they love from the vintage will now work in the way they want without the frustrating aspects of executing them! YAY! skulls is an awesome touch too. very very cool.
    and, Nate, Brian, and others were right after SDCC... seeing this thing in person it is definitely NOT too small... it's HUGE! pics do not adequately convey the size it feels in person! can't wait!

I don't get all the fuss over the throne. First of all, to the person at the panel that stated "it's HER throne, it's HER castle!" about the Sorceress, you are so wrong.

It is not, nor never has been, "her" castle. According to Filmation canon, she is just a care-taker, not an owner. And according to the early mini-comics, as Scott said, it's ANYBODY'S castle. SO, the throne should NOT be made for just the Sorceress. This castle is based on the earliest version, before there ever was a Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I don't get all the fuss over the throne. First of all, to the person at the panel that stated "it's HER throne, it's HER castle!" about the Sorceress, you are so wrong.

It is not, nor never has been, "her" castle. According to Filmation canon, she is just a care-taker, not an owner. And according to the early mini-comics, as Scott said, it's ANYBODY'S castle. SO, the throne should NOT be made for just the Sorceress. This castle is based on the earliest version, before there ever was a Sorceress.
    Exactly. The person said "nobody else has ever sat on that throne", or something along those lines. Skeletor was sitting in it long before the Sorceress existed in her falcon form. It's not the sorceress throne, it's the throne of the king of castle Grayskull.

Personally I'd like to see a Grayskull add-on set: the two other walls (one section for MYP, one for filmation), and a nice throne diorama for the Sorceress.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I actually think I just want a box.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Oooh I like info like this. Where does it say a sorceress is in charge for 5000 years? Is that from Filmation or 200X or what?

I agree with your idea of what the sorceress does Max, I always imagine it as a very tragic duty... like being a lighthouse keeper... but with more feathers.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Oooh I like info like this. Where does it say a sorceress is in charge for 5000 years? Is that from Filmation or 200X or what?

I agree with your idea of what the sorceress does Max, I always imagine it as a very tragic duty... like being a lighthouse keeper... but with more feathers.
    It was pretty well implied in both cartoon series that there was a succession of Sorceresses. In Filmation, Teela-Na took over from Kuduk Ungol, introducing the idea that she was not the first to have that role. And in the 200x series, Veena became the first Sorceress of Grayskull, setting up what was most likely a long succession for the role.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    You're getting into semantics. Even if it isn't her castle, it's still her throne during the period in which she was the guardian. If you work in an office, you probably don't own it. I bet there's still something you consider "your desk" in there somewhere.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

You're getting into semantics. Even if it isn't her castle, it's still her throne during the period in which she was the guardian. If you work in an office, you probably don't own it. I bet there's still something you consider "your desk" in there somewhere.

Good point about semantics. But that was not what I was trying to say.

Castle Grayskull's throne should not be made for the Sorceress. If she can't fit it in, then too bad, so sad. It is made for the true king of Castle Grayskull, as described in the fourth mini-comic.

I know that most fans think that Sorceress should be like the steward of Gondor (Denethor from LOTR) or something, but it should not be her throne. So, stop demanding that it is.

I agree with you. The Castle and its throne are clearly based on pre-Filmation canon. The original Castle was part of wave 1 and this one is based on that or even partly based on the prototype, which was "pre-pre-Filmation". I think people who think the throne should be exclusive to the Sorceress are mixing up different canons and continuities here.
    I don't mind one bit that she can't sit on it properly. I'll put her on top of the tower and that's it. Nobody should sit on the throne as it's the throne of the rightful ruler of Grayskull (pre-Filmation / early mini comic canon).

Just look at that throne. Does it have naything at all in common with the throne Sorceress has in the Filmation cartoon? Obviously not! It's a completely different throne. Therefore, it can't be hers. Why should she sit on it?

It's for these reasons that I disagree with the following post:

I would, however, welcome an add-on set with the Filmation throne for the Sorceress.
    Awesome sticker included!

Good point about semantics. But that was not what I was trying to say.

Castle Grayskull's throne should not be made for the Sorceress. If she can't fit it in, then too bad, so sad. It is made for the true king of Castle Grayskull, as described in the fourth mini-comic.
    are there any current figures that will even look right on the throne, Sorceress aside? i know that the longer loin clothed figures won't work but i also question just how good any of the figures might look in a sitting position.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    are there any current figures that will even look right on the throne, Sorceress aside? i know that the longer loin clothed figures won't work but i also question just how good any of the figures might look in a sitting position.
    Most figures are going to look a bit "upskirty" on that throne. Exceptions might be figures like Man-E-Faces or Kobra Khan
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Just checked when I pre-ordered mine and I did it the first day October 16th!!! I should be one of the first ones to get it.

I might have to take off a day just to play with it.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    To lighten things up a little (and make a bit of a fool of myself ), I found the old picture of my sister and I receiving Grayskull for Christmas. Apparently, I'm so excited I went psychotic and started eating my own hair!

Aaah, to be young and totally un-selfconscious.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...psf1f92079.jpg
    Wow! That's so nice you still have pics from that long ago. I wished I took pics back then. congrats! Bring the new memories as well with the new castle!

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Just checked when I pre-ordered mine and I did it the first day October 16th!!! I should be one of the first ones to get it.

I might have to take off a day just to play with it.
    I ordered it on the same day. But who are we kidding? Do we really think DR will be able to figure out when people made their orders. If they can't combine shipping how will this be possible. We will see if TG's words are true. I will expect mine end of NOV or beginning of December. If it is true....first who ordered first to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    What's this about some not shipping till next year? In order of when you ordered? Since when? I cannot remember when I placed my order but I better be getting this before X mas.
    EXACTLY... This is mine and my kids big Christmas gift... it was supposed to be out in November... I will really be ticked if it doesn't come in time!

I preordered Jan 2... so I bet I'll get mine next August!
    Last edited by RyDell; September 18, 2013 at 08:51pm.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!