Page 165 of 186 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

....[wonders]...
    Ok, lookign at the pics I have to ask... will the big castle artwork box be arriving inside a huge white mailerbox????

No it will be a kraft brown recyclable one to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ....[wonders]...
    Ok, lookign at the pics I have to ask... will the big castle artwork box be arriving inside a huge white mailerbox????
    "Problems Weaver?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It really does feel like they're mocking their fanbase.
    They should of used me as I defy the stereotype and the ladies could have something else to look at and enjoy..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    People are overreacting. Greyskull is getting released 30 years later to an adult collector now and we are the majority of buyers. I think it's hilarious that they put an adult on the box playing with the toys.
    Agreed..........

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    EXACTLY... This is mine and my kids big Christmas gift... it was supposed to be out in November... I will really be ticked if it doesn't come in time!

I preordered Jan 2... so I bet I'll get mine next August!
    Perfect for Christmas 2014!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ....[wonders]...
    No mailer box, will ship inside a brown box.

That doesn't really make sense. If the hole was meant for the Sky Sled, why didn't they include the base with the Sky Sled?
    They explained why at the Powercon Panel Q & A

The Flight stand shared tooling parts with the windraider so to go into production for just the Flight stand meant they hade to reproduce the Windraider too, which would cost too much.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    They explained why at the Powercon Panel Q & A

The Flight stand shared tooling parts with the windraider so to go into production for just the Flight stand meant they hade to reproduce the Windraider too, which would cost too much.
    That doesn't add up. The stand is not part of the same sprue, as it is cast in a different color of plastic as the Wind Raider.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Does anyone know the rough estimate of the grayskull box in inches, i saw the box of power con and looks huge, wondering if anyone was there knows the dimensions
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Perfect for Christmas 2014!!!!

No mailer box, will ship inside a brown box.
    Of course, why bother with shipping damage prevention?

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Does anyone know if the two sections of castle grayskull able to separate? I had plans of just displaying the front half but where it comes pre assembled I was curious if this is even possible without ruining the hinge part.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    That doesn't add up. The stand is not part of the same sprue, as it is cast in a different color of plastic as the Wind Raider.
    Plus, if the Sky Sled was part of the original plan with the castle, why mold the stand with the WInd Raider in the first place?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Because they did not know if they could get the green light for Castle Greyskull when the Wind Raider was 1st put out.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Not everything in the same tooling mold has to be the same color plastic.

Shared tooling molds helps defray costs and for mattel it will cost to much to go back into production on just the flight stand mold. Reuben from design explained this at the Q & A panel at Powercon.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Plus, if the Sky Sled was part of the original plan with the castle, why mold the stand with the WInd Raider in the first place?
    Maybe I can help muddy the waters some...

When the Horsemen were given the greenlight to design Grayskull. (This would've been last summer) They were also already working on the Jet Sled piece, and they had already designed the bottom of the Jet Sled to be able to receive the Wind Raider Stand. Following me so far?

Given the greenlight to work up designs and ideas for Grayskull, the thought was to include a piece in the floor, that you all know and "love", so that if you had the Wind Raider and stand, you could mix the stand with the Jet Sled inside the castle for a fun display option.

However, now we move to fall of last year when Grayskull is announced and the blueprints shown. The plug could only be announced for the Wind Raider only, because they hadn't announced the Jet Sled yet. So it was advertised for the Wind Raider. (Which still fits!) But the Horsemen and others who were behind the design for the floor piece in Grayskull, were really thinking of the Jet Sled.

Scott said exactly that in fewer words in his demo with Dan at Power Con.

The cool thing is... Yes the Wind Raider is huge in the Castle, but it still works... And now that we've all seen the Jet Sled in there it's making more sense.

None of that answers why they wouldn't pack in a stand for the Jet Sled. My guess there is simply, to use all of these in the Castle, just buy a Wind Raider and you're good to go. Or just park your Jet Sled over that "hole in the floor". There's undoubtedly also cost issues that we probably don't know of as far as trying to include the stand with the Jet Sled also.

Clear as mud?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I figured that hole in the floor was actually for the jet sled! It makes MUCH more sense. I do wish the Jet sled had come with a stand though. But, I guess I'll steal the one from my Raider.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Does anyone know if the two sections of castle grayskull able to separate? I had plans of just displaying the front half but where it comes pre assembled I was curious if this is even possible without ruining the hinge part.
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
    No idea. It looked pretty permanently attached to me. But you never know. It had to be put together... I'm sure theres a way to take it apart.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    No idea. It looked pretty permanently attached to me. But you never know. It had to be put together... I'm sure theres a way to take it apart.
    I would not be too sure seeing as the handle and topper pieces are separate but once connected are permanent.
    Last edited by Lookie; September 20, 2013 at 10:20am.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Maybe I can help muddy the waters some...

When the Horsemen were given the greenlight to design Grayskull. (This would've been last summer) They were also already working on the Jet Sled piece, and they had already designed the bottom of the Jet Sled to be able to receive the Wind Raider Stand. Following me so far?

Given the greenlight to work up designs and ideas for Grayskull, the thought was to include a piece in the floor, that you all know and "love", so that if you had the Wind Raider and stand, you could mix the stand with the Jet Sled inside the castle for a fun display option.

However, now we move to fall of last year when Grayskull is announced and the blueprints shown. The plug could only be announced for the Wind Raider only, because they hadn't announced the Jet Sled yet. So it was advertised for the Wind Raider. (Which still fits!) But the Horsemen and others who were behind the design for the floor piece in Grayskull, were really thinking of the Jet Sled.

Scott said exactly that in fewer words in his demo with Dan at Power Con.

The cool thing is... Yes the Wind Raider is huge in the Castle, but it still works... And now that we've all seen the Jet Sled in there it's making more sense.

None of that answers why they wouldn't pack in a stand for the Jet Sled. My guess there is simply, to use all of these in the Castle, just buy a Wind Raider and you're good to go. Or just park your Jet Sled over that "hole in the floor". There's undoubtedly also cost issues that we probably don't know of as far as trying to include the stand with the Jet Sled also.

Clear as mud?
    Thanks so much for this, Nate!
    Can you also shed some light as to why there is a hole at all? If you need the Wind Raider stand, you have the whole Wind Raider stand. That includes the black disc base, where the curved piece attaches to. There really is no chance of having only the curved piece without the black disc. But when the black disc is present (which, remember, is ALWAYS), why exactly would one detach the curved piece, discard the black base and plug the stand into the hole, when at the same time the exact same result can be achieved with simply placing the completed Wind Raider stand over the hole? No matter if thereīs a hole or not, the Wind Raider stand will be able to stand in the exact same position anyway. And if you donīt want to place any flying vehicle inside the Castle, there would be no hole in the floor at all, limiting the space available for displaying more figures.

I donīt get it, even after all this time and actually having seen the Castle very up close (in fact, the Grayskull Con sample is still here in my living room, waiting to be picked up by UPS for delivery back to Mattel).
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still wondering why a vehicle should be inside the castle?

I ordered on November 12 last year. When will mine ship? I will not be happy if it arrives in January.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I ordered on November 12 last year. When will mine ship? I will not be happy if it arrives in January.
    No one here has any way of knowing. But, since that was about a month into the pre-ordering process, I wouldn't expect it in the first batch, necessarily.

Heroic Warrior
    November 12th was the last day to get to the minimum order mark and if I remember correctly there was a huge push at the end. So those could be delayed. I would imagine orders in October to be the ones getting shipped in the first batch. Good news for the rest is this is DR so they may not follow any logical order!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Because it's Castle Garageskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Because Castle Grayskull doesn't have a garage.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    Because Castle Grayskull doesn't have a garage.

That should be the first add-on set.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK