Page 17 of 186 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I remember that, too, but with such a high price point, it makes sense.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

$200 to $300 for Castle Grayskull!!? NO THANKS! I'll stick with the anime hyper detailed version... unless it comes with a life size replica of the power sword I ain't buying it... (The Crystal Castle better come with a life size replica of the sword of protection)

They could make the sucker for about a hundred and use the "Small diorama" SKUs to give us the extra goodies that go inside the castle and beyond.
    (Have the castle itself come with cardboard inserts "just like we remember". Then use the small dioramas to make actual 3d plastic versions of the "Vintage cardboard stuff.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

geez, if it is going to be that much then customs is going to be murder... better pray the USdollar continues to sink

As much as I would love a MOTUC Castle Grayskull, 200-300 dollars is way too much for my wallet.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Sorry, nope, no way in hell will I pay 200+ for Castle Grayskull. Nope.. not gonna happen EVER.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I could see myself paying $200-$250 for a REALLY good Castle Grayskull. If the castle was a large diorama/playset with a bunch of features and great sculpting, then that would be worth the money. But if it's just a hollow shell front or something like that, then NO...just not gonna happen.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    It won`t be only the range of 200-300 $.

Shipping and customs for international fans will be expensive, too.

So then, we are at a overall price point of 300-400$.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    $200 to $300 for Castle Grayskull!!? NO THANKS! I'll stick with the anime hyper detailed version... unless it comes with a life size replica of the power sword I ain't buying it... (The Crystal Castle better come with a life size replica of the sword of protection)

An Excellent point. I wouldn't spend $200 on a castle, Considering I don't 'play' anymore... and would only have the front for a decoration... It would have to be 3...4am for me to make that sale.

(MOST of my truly regretable purchases were made a 3am...)

However... For a lifesize replica of the 'real' powersword... I would absolutely pay $200 for that!!! Made of metal... I've wanted THAT for Decades!! $200 is about right for the replica weapons anyways..

In fact, I'd go so far as to buy two.. Repaint one purple and have them crossed over the fireplace...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A good way to handle it would be to split it up, perhaps. Sell the front first, then an attachment.
    I think as far as shipping boxes go... I'd bet they split it up in about 4-5 pieces, some assembly required! MAY help the customs customers... don't really know how those rules work....

Actually... if they wanted to put a plastic model of Castle Grayskull I could build myself... I'd be in heaven ^_^

I LOVE puzzles....

We could do a main page poll to see what folks would be willing to pay.

But, then again, it would also depend on what sort of playset we're getting.
    It would be difficult to do a somewhat accurate poll without knowing that.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Great idea Val.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    This is only one half of a customised Castle Grayskull shell that the guy on fwoosh was selling for 100.00 a pop, I assume a second side would cost a further 100.00
    Id Buy that! is he still selling em?
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 7, 2010 at 09:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Well, we need to define what people want in a Grayskull playset.
    Without that, the poll is useless.

And we need to be reasonable... think about what we'd most likely get.
    We can't talk about all the bells and whistles we want, then vote on it.
    We need to be very grounded and realistic.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A good way to handle it would be to split it up, perhaps. Sell the front first, then an attachment.
    I'd rather see them JUST doing the front - that is, just the frontage & towers in a similar arrangement to the custom Angel-T posted - than a full version with interior (let alone a hollow shell). Not just because of the price, but because of the SPACE a full castle would take up.

[Still, if they did a "front", they'd never sell enough of the "rest" of the castle to make it worthwhile. Probably WHY they're saying "the whole thing or nothing".]

True, but the front would be better than nothing, particularly if it cut some of the price off.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

But, then again, it would also depend on what sort of playset we're getting.
    It would be difficult to do a somewhat accurate poll without knowing that.

True... If it was like the one AngelT posted... I'd pay $150-$200...

If it was the size of the original, I probably wouldn't....

If it was shaped like the 200x they keep using in the ads... I wouldn't...

If it was based on Filmation or the orignal Box art.. they absolutely...

with the Castle there are a lot of variables that would alter what I'd pay...

On a SIMILAR note... While I HATE the idea of 'updating' stuff... I would be pretty giddy if they changed that open window... to a Balcony.

As a kid the sorceress was supposed to stand there and talk down to the bad guys... but the toy, you could barely peek your face out

I think a balcony with the window turned to an archway would be pretty cool, and a good place to stand Sorceress when she's made
    Last edited by phantom1592; November 7, 2010 at 10:43pm.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would pay any price they come up with as long as it is up to scale and is sculpted by the 4 Horsemen (they would knock it out of the park!!). My preference for what they do would be for a 2 piece shell for display purposes only. I do not need all of the "features" to make me happy. If they include them, fine with me, but I can live without them for sure. Count me in for 3 of them if they keep the cost under $300. If it goes over that I may have to settle for 2 of them

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't think I could afford a $200-$300 Castle Grayskull as much as I would really love to have one. I would have to just stick with my vintage and 200x Castles.

I'm sure I'd try to find a way to buy it but it would really suck. My poor ass would have to start saving every penny from the second it's announced to the second it's on sale. I'd be selling things and eating Ramen Noodles every day, not just once in a while. It's just hard to justify a $200-$300 piece of plastic that doesn't play Blu-Rays or video games or something.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I would have no problem paying a decent amount if Mattel delivered the goods. I would rather save up and buy something amazing that I will have forever and display in my house, then have a slightly cheaper castle where corners were cut and it just didn't come out well.

Heroic Warrior
    $200-$300 is quite a stretch. Unless it's a high quality Stone Statue diorama, Much like Sideshow does for their 1/6 scale GI Joe line. But I'm not a fan of that. If it's going to be over two hundred dollars it had better be a massive plastic playset/diorama (I mean at least a few feet in height and length) with lights and sounds featuring original Filmation voice clips, extra weapons, a Place to store King Grayskull's orb that has a light up feature,a rack with both the Sword of Power and Sword of Protection on it AND A bonus Figure of the Sorceress and maybe, MAYBE I might consider paying that much. Maybe.

Actually, I remember it being posted by either scott or catra's wrath that if and when they do greyskull, it will probably be just the shell, of front and back, but then I wonder if it will have action features like the elevator or the thrown with the trap door. And is it just the shell? or the two floor inserts too?

As Val says, there's so many variables when it comes to a "big" playset like Castle Grayskull.

As big as the original seemed to us as a kid, in comparison to the figures it was pretty small. At least in comparison with how the castle looked in the cartoon or the minicomics. So how would they scale a possible new one? It would have to be bigger, for sure, sine MOTUC figures are quite a bit taller than their originals. But would it retain the proportions of the original set? At the very most basic that would mean a product twice the size of the original for the shells alone, which is a quite sizeable package. Unless they make the shells in a disassembled form we're talking a box twice the size of the vintage one.

Another thing to consider is whether you'd have the full internal sculpting. A lot of the original set was engineered to make the action features - the elevator and throne with trap door and the door- functional. Would they try to engineer a new one to have these features as well? If so it would likely have less room inside and be more limited. Should they?

Even disregarding that, I wonder how they'd do the accessories of the original. We've seen the weapons rack, which is now double-sided and much more realistic. Would they do the cardboard inserts from the original as fully sculpted pieces? What about the stickers?

And this is all just assuming they stick with the produced vintage toy. If you look at media depictions of the castle, or the 200X toy, or whatever, you gain a host of other features. It just seems really complex to discuss what you'd be willing to pay for a piece we know so little about.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200-300?

What are they selling--The U.S.S. Flagg?

That Grayskull should have floors and look like the Alcala mini-comics if that was the case. I'm talking space suit figure, sculpted monsters coming out of the dungeon floor, sculpted computer lab, ladders and everything.

If they expect to sell it at that price, then they should tell fans a year in advance.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I'd be fine with Grayskull being in scale to the figures as the vintage playset was to the vintage toys.

As for the production, I'd just do the front as one shell, with the jawbridge as an extra piece. On the back/inside, there's nothing except for some clips that would be able to hold a floor - just like the vintage toy was done.
    Then I'd offer the rest separately, like the Grayskull throne with part of the floor. Separetely, the floor pieces would work as regular display bases. Put together, they could form Grayskull's interior.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'm sure if they show us a Casttle Grayskull prototype, there would be a lot of people that is now saying I wouldn't pay 300 bucks, changing their minds...
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    I'm sure if they show us a Casttle Grayskull prototype, there would be a lot of people that is now saying I wouldn't pay 300 bucks, changing their minds...
    You have a point. Due to all the tooling, painting and sculpting involved Castle Grayskull might be worth $300. Depends just how much work Mattel decides to put towards it.

How big would Castle Grayskull be? What would be the bells and whistles? Would it be only two sides like the original castle or would it have a third side like the 200X castle? Would it have a sculpted dungeon or computers? Are the floors going to be something like the diorama floors?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

The whole thing with a Castle Grayskull playset is that it could be done. Toyguru said something about they need something to help promote it and money. Personally, I would gladly fore go large scale figures, bonus figures, army builders, vehicles and the extra stuff. And put the money spent for them and put towards having Castle Grayskull made. Castle Grayskull is one of the major characters in this story that is needed to be made!

As for the playset itself. It doesn't need electronics and all. Just need to look like how the reliquary does from Scareglow. At least the front of it does! Have it be able to close just like the 200X version does. and a couple of levels to display and give play value to. After all, most people would only use it as a display piece.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban