Page 183 of 186 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

People shouldn't equate not instantly selling out with failure on this one. Honestly, if they made a 1000 more Grayskulls, maybe it was after hearing all the chatter about how it was hitting at a bad time, and they made enough to last a while? That just seems like WAY more than I thought they'd ever make. I was expecting 300, max. I don't know... it's just hard to really say if this is a success or failure without knowing what their expectations were.

The other thing to consider, is that they way oversold their minimum. Maybe they just met some factory threshold by bumping up the order to a certain level, and they were okay with sitting on stock for a while.

Or, it could be a terrible failure.

My point is, that it's actually very hard to make these sort of judgement calls as a customer on the outside. I guess time will tell!

Heroic Warrior
    11:45 Eastern time on Monday night shows 883 castles left.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    11:45 Eastern time on Monday night shows 883 castles left.
    Christmas shopping is done. Everyone who is getting a Castle for Christmas has their order placed. I would expect very few orders in the next week or three.

That said, this isn't just a playset. It's Castle Grayskull. Anyone who buys it will then start buying the figures. It's an entry point. Oh yes, a ridiculously over-priced entry point, but an entry point. (I bet if it was still $250 they would have sold out though. $300 PLUS shipping is harsh.) They made their minimum and then some. It was a success.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I hope that if this does vanish and come back they keep it ever green till it sells out and not drop the price point.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I just got Castle Grayskull yesterday, and I'm forcing myself to wait until tomorrow to crack it open (not that I have enough free time between now and then anyway,) but man, that is one sweet box. Awesome design work all-around. Love the 2-color back, the hilarious "adult collector" playing and carrying his toy, and the incredible cover painting.

I agree that $300, plus shipping, plus tax, made it WAY more expensive than it should've been, but I've spent more than that on smaller toys, and CG is one of those "Holy Grail" toys as far as I'm concerned. I would have been perfectly happy with $200. Collecting is an expensive hobby, more so now than ever.

I don't understand the assumption that just because they have leftover stock it is some kind of big failure. Surely they planned on having leftover stock. Why not over-produce something like this, which likely has a pretty big profit margin, and is also basically the "centerpiece" of the whole line? I don't think the Wind Raider situation is comparable. If CG isn't an "essentials" right up there with He-Man and Skeletor, I don't know what is. I figure, as has been stated already, they probably got a good price break for over-producing far beyond the pre-orders, and I'm sure they've already made a good chunk of money on the castles already sold. At least, I hope so, because I'd love to see more stuff like this in the future.

Thanks for the sticker image, replikor!
    Last edited by marsneedswomen; December 24, 2013 at 11:00am.
    Vintage Horde Fan, highly Anticipating Dragstor!
    Matty, Please Re-Issue Teela!

I don't really like the ledge on the outside of the castle. Just doesn't look right. I would have much preferred an arch and balcony like the 200X castle had.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm O.K. with the ledge, but an arch & balcony would have been cool as well. I think a bigger eyesore is the gaping hole in the interior floor--a hole which, by the way, needed a customer to manufacture a fix for. At least they improved the jawbridge.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    A good friend of mine made a few concepts, first up is Classics Snake Mountain. Incorporating both elements from the vintage playset and the Filmation version. This one does look a bit bigger than Grayskull - but I think it looks awesome.

The second up is Classics Crystal Castle, combining elements from both Filmation, and the vintage toy. As it's a toy you have to take size into consideration, meaning you have to compromise on things like scale and depth, so the tower isn't as tall as the cartoon, it wouldn't be realistic to design it that large, but I think this represents it well enough to capture the cartoon.

On the reverse side of the 'tower' would be a huge chamber with golden archways carved into the plastic. Inserted into the walls via plugs would be a 'half circle' of clear plastic with rainbow stripes. The light coming in through the clear red plastic jewels on the front of the tower would feed through a tunnel into the clear plastic cone, creating an illuminated 'light hope'.

"Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Want x2!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Excellent mock-ups! As much as I'd love to have them look like that, they would probably be double CG's price.

Snake Mountain in particular is absolutely stunning.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I would love to have that Snake Mountain! I need to tear down walls to make more room in the house!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Thank you Toyguru for exceeding my expectations on Castle Grayskull, I know I'm a week late just opening it today . It is Marvelous and I am mighty happy you and the Four horsemen have made a dream come true ! Long Live MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Snake Mountain in particular is absolutely stunning.
    Agreed, that would be the absolute center piece for me!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I have to admit, that Snake Mountain looks incredible. I would totally buy it, and I'm someone who thinks Snake Mountain is overrated. No way would Mattel make something that big though...shame!

I would love to have that version of snake mountain too!

Heroic Warrior
    Both would be epic, especially Snake Mountain. It'd be bigger than CG, which would mean more money. I'd still buy it. Crystal Castle, while not as epic, would still be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Jones View Post
    I'm not a negative person, but this bio somewhat sullies the otherwise awesome box. This is Castle Grayskull, and we've got this bio talking about He-Ro, Snake Men, giants, "sculpting" (right word when talking about a toy, wrong word for a building), the Horde, etc.

It's the fortress of mystery and power, but the bios have taken away both its mystery and its power. Just let it be this mysterious powerful Castle that He-Man defends and Skeletor covets. Its origins should remain shrouded in mystery.

Normally I don't care about the bios because I'm a loose collector, but I am keeping this box and the bio is just not worthy of Castle Grayskull.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Chewer of Trollans
    Has anyone designed a "seat belt" for the throne? It's obnoxious how no one can properly take a seat there. I actually had a character fall and show me some of that fabulous black plastic today. I started thinking about a strap, but wondered if anyone had a best solution already.

A clear rubber band from the packaging of the figures might work nice.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    A good friend of mine made a few concepts, first up is Classics Snake Mountain. Incorporating both elements from the vintage playset and the Filmation version. This one does look a bit bigger than Grayskull - but I think it looks awesome.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/...psfbeb4c6c.jpg

The second up is Classics Crystal Castle, combining elements from both Filmation, and the vintage toy. As it's a toy you have to take size into consideration, meaning you have to compromise on things like scale and depth, so the tower isn't as tall as the cartoon, it wouldn't be realistic to design it that large, but I think this represents it well enough to capture the cartoon.

On the reverse side of the 'tower' would be a huge chamber with golden archways carved into the plastic. Inserted into the walls via plugs would be a 'half circle' of clear plastic with rainbow stripes. The light coming in through the clear red plastic jewels on the front of the tower would feed through a tunnel into the clear plastic cone, creating an illuminated 'light hope'.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/...psad1cb3a1.jpg
    994100_10152093781794494_1389141794_n_zpsad1cb3a1.jpg
    That's A beautiful Masters of the Universe Classics Crystal Castle Filmation & Classic Made to Buy.
    Last edited by she-manmasters; April 16, 2014 at 07:04am.
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Those are AWESOME!

I particularly love Snake Mountain! It's a great hybrid between those two designs. They could charge $600 for that thing... I'd find a way to come up with the money for it!

The Crystal Castle looks great, too! Though I'll be honest and say that I'd personally be happy with just the left "half" of it, based on the Filmation cartoon. But I'd take this whole thing if it were offered that way.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior

I wish your friend would make a mock up for the Fright Zone and Eternia too!
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Wow, rather interesting information on Castle Grayskull today: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6741080178

From Toyguru....

Who knows what the future will bring but their is defiantly no full playset (ie Snake Mt) in 2015. We will start planning 2016 after Sdcc, if a SM was coming it would already need to be in the works. (And it is not)

Essentially Grayskull DOUBLED the work load of all involved and it did not double the revenue (or the teams salaries!). They team made Grayskull out of pure love, but it is hard to ask the hard working team to do that again (double their work load).

Additionally, a large chunk of presale customers who "committed" to purchasing a castle never did (which is why it is still on sale, the "day of" production sold out in two hours). We simply can't take that inventory risk again when so many fans did not hold up their end of the presale bargin. If they had, SM would be a lot more realistic. Unfortunately, too many presale customers never came through despite numerious emails and phone calls to update their payment info.

If presale customers who have still not claimed their castle will please contact CS and complete their purchase, we will honor the original sale price of 250.00. If all these
    Customers can come forward and claim/pay for their castle we can start looking into the possibility of a Snake Mountain! We sure would love to.

It is up to you presale customers! Claim your castle and help make snake mountain a possibility!
    Additionally: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2941001178

It was a HUGE success. But the unclaimed preorders are a big factor to not doing more playsets

So Digital River's credit card screw-ups are costing us from getting more playsets?
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

Wow. I have no words for that at the moment other than, "Wow."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela