Page 34 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

No. It doesn't need them and would just drive up the cost. Since this is an adult collectors line, I think they should just make a facade with a working jaw bridge, and places to display the figures like a balcony and the tops of the towers. It could basically be one large piece and the jaw bridge that opens.
    Last edited by Jinxieman; February 19, 2012 at 02:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No. It would be an unnecessary addition.
    I just want something in scale and that looks awesome.

(and also I don't want to have to go to the secondary market to buy it)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    NO Electronics in Castle Grayskull please!!!
    No Electronics will generate more sales because electronics restrict international shipping from mattycollector. It will also immensely help to lower the production cost and therefore *should* make Castle Grayskull cheaper.

I prefer NOT to have any action features in Castle Grayskull because it will also lower the cost. A highly detailed IN-SCALE Castle Grayskull with manual opening jaw bridge, highly detailed interior and many places to put the figures at.

Also to keep the cost down, make more small diorama sets available like the weapons rack! We can add on many accessories to Castle Grayskull this way. We could even get the diorama floor playmat this way! The add-on possibilities would pretty much be unlimited!

I can't stress enough that the Jawbridge door opening must be 10" in height!!!
    With 10" in height, He-Man can ride on BattleCat through the door!
    This should bring the Castle's height to a minimum of at least 30".
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    NO Electronics in Castle Grayskull please!!!
    No Electronics will generate more sales because electronics restrict international shipping from mattycollector. It will also immensely help to lower the production cost and therefore *should* make Castle Grayskull cheaper.

I prefer NOT to have any action features in Castle Grayskull because it will also lower the cost. A highly detailed IN-SCALE Castle Grayskull with manual opening jaw bridge, highly detailed interior and many places to put the figures at.

Also to keep the cost down, make more small diorama sets available like the weapons rack! We can add on many accessories to Castle Grayskull this way. We could even get the diorama floor playmat this way! The add-on possibilities would pretty much be unlimited!

I can't stress enough that the Jawbridge door opening must be 10" in height!!!
    With 10" in height, He-Man can ride on BattleCat through the door!
    This should bring the Castle's height to a minimum of at least 30".
    This works for me very well.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'm not sure how the electronics would function if Castle Grayskull is going to be made out of cardboard and old banana peels: Maybe you plug the wires into a potato to generate a charge, kind of like a science project?

I definitely would rather everything be done as simply as possible to keep Grayskull as low cost as possible. I would much rather have just a simply, well sculpted front shell with turrets and a hinged door. Inside, simple nicely sculpted diorama pieces like the throne and laser cannon give aplacefor dioramas, but nothing over the top. It seems that for most of us, Grayskull will function as the background for our displays, not a full fledged "playset" with bells and whistles.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

c'mon mattel. get your act together. look what tmnt fans are getting...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

PLM11260.jpg

look that that collector. he looks so, so happy.

They just need to resculpt the original one on a larger scale and with some extra detail added. Interiors or action features aren't necessary.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    c'mon mattel. get your act together. look what tmnt fans are getting...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

PLM11260.jpg

look that that collector. he looks so, so happy.

My word, that is seriously impressive!! And this is the TMNT classics line?
    Yeah, Mattel cannot take that sitting down!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Maybe in a movie year m I rite Eamon? RANDOM THOUGHT: Every time I hear you on Gooble Eamon I think of the WWE wrestler Sheamus and it makes me giggle cause I picture him playing with He-Man toys: yeah I'm an easily amused lad lol.

You're entirely right though with the playset- although I believe I've heard it HEAVILY uses a flimsy backing board and still comes in around $150?

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    and the crazy thing is that it's $114.99 on bbts.com so it's probably only $99.99 in retail. a castle greyskull would probably use about the same amount of plastic so it shouldn't be costing more than $200.

My He-man needs his Grayskull. Mattel , we need a prestige piece, does he-man not deserve it? midn i would be more than happy with a detailed front, with a working door. my MOTUC are all kept in thier box so the grayskull doesnt need to be a full on playset

The more that I look into the possibilities of a Mattel CG, the more it seems that:

1. Mattel wants to go all-out with a full playset, instead of a diorama, which is cool! But...
    2. It's most likely to happen during a "movie year" and not in the foreseeable future.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that a "Movie Year CG" would be based on the movie version and I expect Hollywood to butcher MOTU. I'd love to see a MOTU movie use a Miniternia-inspired script with Filmation/vintage designs, something like a Rudy Obrero painting come to life, but I doubt that would be the case. I don't want another version of CG, like 200X...Just the classic one!

Personally, I wish that the 30th Anniversary sub had been a Build-a-Playset CG in six parts rather than new figures (I still like Draego Man, though). This anniversary was the perfect time for something like this; What better way to celebrate MOTU's history, and the success of the Classics line, than presenting Castle Grayskull? At this rate, I fear that we'll have to wait until the 50th Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I'd love to see a MOTU movie use a Miniternia-inspired script with Filmation/vintage designs, something like a Rudy Obrero painting come to life, but I doubt that would be the case. I don't want another version of CG, like 200X...Just the classic one!
    I would love that too !!!

Unfortunately, I doubt that we'll see a Castle Grayskull some time soon. I'd wager by that time MOTUC will have been buried and we'll get a restyled version based on a new movie or a new cartoon (which might also be cool, of course, but I'd prefer to get the old one)
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I'd love to see a MOTU movie use a Miniternia-inspired script with Filmation/vintage designs, something like a Rudy Obrero painting come to life, but I doubt that would be the case. I don't want another version of CG, like 200X...Just the classic one!
    Dude, send this idea to a major movie company and to Mattel. Tell them this is the only way to go. Crusader and I will back you up!

Well, classic Grayskull for me too, 'though I'm afraid Crusader is right here... very probably won't happen.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

i don't suppose the mandate can be changed to "only in a comic year?"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Shadow took this later pic of the Castle! If the man in the background is of any indication, then this Castle looks bigger than anticipated! It might not scale correctly with Classics, but it might be close enough to fudge!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    As discussed elsewhere

the castle is tiny

its like 9 inches tall and 7 inches wide

I would gladly pay 200-400 for a new castle.
    Jay

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Assuming it's in the middle at $250, UK fans would have to add $50 Value Added Tax on top of that if we tried importing one (and that's not including postage)

So a most emphatic "no" from me.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Nothing against the price justification, just to expensive for moi.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Given the recent news about the line, I fear we won't be seeing a Castle Grayskull ,unless it's in the famed movie year, and even then who knows if it would be in scale to classics. I think I might start making my own...
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've missed the middle ten pages of this thread, so pardon me if this has mentioned before.

For all those who think that $200-$300 is too much for an MOTUC Castle Grayskull, I would point you to this:

http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcBMF.asp

The 'Big' Millennium Falcon from Hasbro's Stars Wars range retailed at $159.99 in the US.
    In the UK the retail price was £149.99 (about $210 at the time).

Considering a lower production run, and the fact that I would expect an MOTUC Castle Grayskull to be bigger than the BMF, I don't think an estimate of £200-300 is completely off the wall.

It might be more than many of us are willing to pay, but I don't find the amount surprising.
    I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but that BMF is one of the BEST toys, of any kind, I have ever bought!!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'd pay 500 if It was done to the classics scale and done right!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd pay $200 in a year that didn't have 12 figures. Toyguru talked about the line going to 6 figures a year. That would be a year I'd buy a castle grayskull but I'd prefer to have a snakemountain first because I'm using my 200X castle as a display and my bad guys don't have a home yet. $300 is pushing it but if there wasn't much else to collect it would fit in my budget.

Widget
    Yeah, well I'd pay $2500!