Page 55 of 186 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i love the castle design and im gonna get it but there are a few dissapointments. where is the 200X/filmation balcony for the sorceress to pose on, that arrow shooting windo is daft and whats the point of a carry handle? i doubt we'll be taking the castle to work etc

as someone who grew up with filmation and never got the vintage castle (my cousin did, though he was too old to hang around with young me!) the only one i ever had was the 200X and while i thought the skull design was too small i loved the fact i had multiple levels on the outside of the castle or if i turned it around on the inside this design with the helmet between the towers takes away a place where figures could stand the only way i see that working is to extend the ledge around the helmet.

still getting it but its going to take a lot of room and cutting down on display options is not a good idea
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    As a means of recreating the vintage toy's handle, I think having it be removable is genius. But would I rather have the torture rack than the handle? Absolutely.

But it's not a deal breaker for me.

Watched the video on TNI of the panel:

According to the panel, no torture rack. But there may be more additions. They said they are going to try to get as much as possible and hopefully, with the $250 price point, they have room to make a few more additions. There will not be any subtractions from what is on the blueprints.

The mat is currently out, though could possibly be a package cutout (on the back I'd assume). It would be cool if they can't do that, they could provide the art for us to print and cutout ourselves.

I don't know if I heard correctly on the video of the panel, but I think Mattel design (Ruben's group) made the blueprints, not the 4H. I think they did a great job! Whoever drew the Castle absolutely nailed it!

Of course, the 4H will sculpt, maybe they will make some suggestions/additions. Also, no decals, all sculpted!!!
    Last edited by NorthCoast; October 14, 2012 at 08:44pm.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Anyone know why this does not look like the filmation version? I still have not heard a response from mattel yet.
    To me it just looks a modern version of the vintage version. I understand that this line is called classics and thats what most items are based on
    but the past few years have brought about a filmation focus on many things and theyve already said that snake mountain would be a filmation based item.
    So what is the deal with this? Why is there nothing about it resembling the castle from the cartoon series?
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Snappy Threader
    I'm not concerned with the no mat issue. I'm not a huge fan of those type of one dimensional things. Just me though....
    Last edited by iron_pride; October 15, 2012 at 05:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Of course, the 4H will sculpt, maybe they will make some suggestions/additions. Also, no decals, all sculpted!!!
    That's great news.

I have to echo some other statements here, though: they really need to figure out a relative shipping cost if possible and inform us about it. For us international folks, it's a lot bigger of a purchase after shipping costs and customs crap is added in, so I'm sure most of us would like to know what we're getting into before we plunk down a pre-order.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I'm not concerned with no mat. I'm not a huge fan of those type of one dimensional things. Just me though....
    Me too. I'd rather have art on the back of the box than a cardboard cutout of the mat that was never included in the vintage version.

I love the three tier model with more spaces to pose your figures on the castle - and a place to put your WindRaider?! Wow, now that's just pure genius. Love it.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    As an international customer I would really like to know how much I’m going to be charged for shipping before pre-ordering (or at the same time, of course). Of course, its obviouse that the shipping will be beastly (I'm prepared for that, to an extent), but I would just like to know how beastly before committing myself. I think that's quite important.
    I completely agree. International fans need to be told an estimated shipping cost through the various methods available - this could be a deal breaker for many. I am guessing it will be between $50 - $75. ToyGuru - if you want us to hit the target this is the info that people need to know to make a decision on a purchase like this.

Overall, I really like the design. If I'm going to nitpick...

1) Skull Face - I wish the two long teeth flanking the top of the Jaw Bridge were just a little longer and bigger to be more reminiscent of the Obrero painting.
    2) Handle - I don't need the handle. I appreciate the homage to the original design and the fact that they'll make it removable, but I'd rather have that money go into other more useable features of the castle. How many of us will display it with that handle anyway? I imagine 90% of us will simply throw it in the unused parts bin as soon as we get it.

The inside still looks like it's in the early phases so I'll be interested to see more of the details as they are fleshed out but I like where it's going so far with the side door, elevator that goes all the way to the top of the tower, and dungeon.

Well, I for one am glad they didn't include Filmation influences. The Classics line from the beginning was supposed to honor the original designs of the characters with some "throw-in" design elements to pay homage to all the various incarnations.

This new Grayskull seems to be really reflect a lot on early mini-comics influences. And that is awesome!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

AS long as the stupid sticker from beside the door is NOT included. The iron grate with all the arms/tentacles coming through.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    This is fantastic. So much to love. I love the stairs that dip down to the right of the throne room and wind around to the ledge outside. That gives a reall fantastic dimensional feel. The added side door is a fantastically fun idea. The third floor will be great for dioramas and looks like some of the mini-comic panels. I am loving this. Going back to the mini-comic grayskull is a bold daring move and one I agree with completely. Let''s remember that the throne of Grayskull in this castle is probably not the Sorceress' throne in her audience chamber. That could be a later diorama piece and one that is totally consistent with the new castle. I am in love.

I don't know if it’s already been reported, but Scott just posted this over on the Matty forums:

We will have a video up in a few days showing a foam model next to the vintage set.

So at least then we can have a better look at what we're dealing with.

We will have a video up in a few days showing a foam model next to the vintage set..
    I was sold with the drawings (I love design drawings), but I can't wait to see this. My excitement must be showing, 'cuz my wife's commented on it.
    In particular,I love the elevator clear up to the rafters, the ramparts on the side wall, and the little stairs down to the secret door/ledge.

Heroic Warrior
    I also like the little nook under the dome of the skull for the orb. That's clever. The dungeon... now is there a door? A kind of fourth wall you can put there to make it an actual enclosure? It seemed so. That's fantastic. I hope it looks like the door fromt he first mini-comic that Skeletor batters down. Think of the epic scenes you could stage with this? Also, I am pretty certain Mattel will get enough buyers to make this happens which means Snake Mountain is pretty much a go too. I can't believe we are actually here and that all of this is now possible.

Okay, I finally broke down and saw the whole NTCC video from Pixel Dan. I learned something new!

(Apologies if this has already been noted here)

Ruben actually did the drawings based off of the 4H design which was in turn based of the original proto... Now a foam model is a must! I gotta see something directly out of the 4H camp. Hopefully the design team will keep their mitts off the facade...
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Did anyone ask/comment about whether or not the floors will be removable like the vintage one? Just wondering because I know that displaying the vintage castle fully open with the floors in makes it take up pretty much the entire depth of the shelf (I take my floors out).

I had a thought about the recent trend of using brown to color the "wood" on Castle Grayskull.

I don't like it.

First of all, the brown color clashes with the green of the castle, at least in my opinion. Maybe it's the nearly 30 years of seeing the castle rendered without the brown color of the wood that is swaying my view, I don't know.

Second, old wood tends to be a weathered gray color, not brown. And remember, this would be ancient wood. Unless the Sorceress is a part-time carpenter, (well, she must get bored from time to time...) it doesn't get repaired very often.

Using a light gray color for the wood beams and wooden shingles not only would match the green of the castle better, but be a more realistic choice. Just my 2 cents.

Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

The explanation was there from the beginning as to why it's not the Filmation castle, it's pulling style from the early Mark Taylor prototype. It's what Mattel wants, it's what the Fourhorsemen want.

It's what many, many fans want.

Chalk it up with box art and packaging art that inspired most of the 8-back, Battle Cat, and the Wind Raider. Grayskull hails from that era.
    With the option of removing the minarette, and adding the handle piece, you get almost two looks, Mark's and the vintage toy together, the best of the two looks together.

Sorry it's not the answer you're after, but it's consistent with what the design preferences have been for this line. Particularly the early toys from the beginning of the original line.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

well they updated the MOTUC Grayskull preorder page's thermometer guys!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.258165100

...an its set kinda high! Dont know about anyone else, but there "minimum" to start production Goal has me concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

...an its set kinda high! Dont know about anyone else, but there "minimum" to start production Goal has me concerned...
    I think it’s just an enlarged image.

Can't wait to preorder this bad boy.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I am so excited about this! It looks perfect to me!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post

Has me concerned as well. How many hundreds will it take just to fill the bulb at the bottom? I have faith. Wouldn't it be awesome if we hit goal the first day? I mean a lot of people have commented over the years how bad they want one...but yeah, I know, price is steep......

I know TG said they are working on providing Hi-Res images but that should be a priority...
    A lot of casual fans will decide to buy CG based solely on these images...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!