Page 60 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It has a whole huge list of things the Hover Board does not.

- It's a playset to be played with, not a wall decoration.
    - It's sculpted by the Four Horsemen.
    - It's Castle Grayskull

See how huge that list is? what else is there to discuss?!
    I like the way you think!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    True, but how many times have the 4H done something only to have Ruben and the design team alter it?
    Wait until you see the castle in a different shade of green. You'll be stunned.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Darn, I love those pictures ... pure MOTU awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Have some faith Kid Canada, they're not going to screw up CG, it's the flagship piece!
    They probably won't get the opportunity to screw things up this time.

To quote a certain colonial marine: "Game over, man, game over".
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    So trying to bring some light back... This castle is for the classics for sure... But just imagine how your original vintage figures will look on this Castle!!! WOW!!!
    Oh yes, VERY true - this thing will look AMAZING with vintage figs AND the design is right so even non-MOTUC, original collectors only should consider!

CG has something the Hoverboard does not...the Four Horsemen!
    TRUE DAT! The 4HM - I mean seriously - this thing is going to have so much love put into it...I am almost as excited for them to get this opportunity as I am to potentially get it. Talk about a crown jewel! As someone posted elsewhere though - I do hope the "wood" roof pieces are not done in brown, but rather a greenish, gray, weathered and moss covered colors - nobody is painting the castle every year to keep up that brown I also hope the eyes sockets are BLACK like the vintage toy - I still look at my original toy and when I squint it's like those sockets are bottomless. Still spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Wait until you see the castle in a different shade of green. You'll be stunned.
    Agreed - I really hope they capture the dark, mysterious - intimidating vibe in the paint apps.

OMG - so excited - THIS THING HAS TO GET MADE!

just in case any international fans haven't noticed, the shipping charge was wrong and its now much lower UK rate on UPS is around $98, Argentina i saw someone say was $107

so yeah it was very very wrong

(let the conspiracies commence)

Ugh!
    The CG meter on Matty has started to fill!
    Still a long way to go!

They added the old commercial to the ordering page!
    "Dad, you saved the castle!"
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

The homepage of MattyCollector is all decked out like Castle Grayskull. This is so frickin' cool.

So trying to bring some light back... This castle is for the classics for sure... But just imagine how your original vintage figures will look on this Castle!!! WOW!!!

This is why I might buy 2. One to keep MIB w/rest of collection and 1 to display loose w/my vintage figures.The scale will look awesome in comparison even though the functions are made for classics..

Heroic Warrior
    For the $250 pre-order now and no prototype pictures, we should get some sort of figure accessory.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Haven't decided yet if I'm biting the bullet. I mean, I'm sure I will, but I'm still so disappointed in how small it's going to be. If I don't order it tonight, it will officially be the first motuc item I didn't order on day one.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar

Castle Grayskull Tower Meter

Just went back to see if it was updated... it's only filling the red bowl at the bottom.

I'm *really* hoping that the majority of us *didn't* pre-order today. This has got to move forward!

I know, I know, it's *only* day one... but I just hope we reach the goal, like everyone else.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    It has been mentioned many times elsewhere that this is the starting point. The meter has not yet been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Just went back to see if it was updated... it's only filling the red bowl at the bottom.

I'm *really* hoping that the majority of us *didn't* pre-order today. This has got to move forward!

I know, I know, it's *only* day one... but I just hope we reach the goal, like everyone else.
    I don't know the numbers, but I really don't think if they need as much as they needed for subs....it's not going to happen....a few people bought mad subs, but I can't see them buying as many Castle Grayskulls....the subs alone are a killer amount, granted they are spaced month to month, but the month CG comes out....OUCH to the wallet. And watch it be the $75 month, with mad out of sub figures....

I don't see it being as many as subs, but I'll be willing to bet with tooling costs, and paying the 4H to do it....it's up there in the vicinity.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So if the preorders reach the required amount by Nov 10th, are they still going to let anyone preorder until Jan? Or is it the moment the thermometer is filled, they stop taking preorders?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    It has been mentioned many times elsewhere that this is the starting point. The meter has not yet been updated.
    Oh, I'm sorry! Didn't realize! Since it was completely empty when I ordered, now tonight there is red on the meter, I assumed it *was* updated. Where has this been mentioned? I'd actually like to see this because I'd feel better about the whole thing were this true!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So if the preorders reach the required amount by Nov 10th, are they still going to let anyone preorder until Jan? Or is it the moment the thermometer is filled, they stop taking preorders?
    Yes.

Basically, they need to have enough to know it's a "go" by the Nov date, but they can add to the production run until Jan so the later date is there to order until, if they meet the min.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry! Didn't realize! Since it was completely empty when I ordered, now tonight there is red on the meter, I assumed it *was* updated. Where has this been mentioned? I'd actually like to see this because I'd feel better about the whole thing were this true!
    I'm not sure why some people think that; it's clearly a second version.

To confirm, these are manually uploaded. They are being uploaded to http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...loads/2012/10/ . You can see in that folder that it is "thermometer2". (Note: No "hacking" involved here - you can easily find this folder by clicking on the thermometer image and seeing where it comes from.)

AWESOME post, and there's so much more that can be posted

Hell, why not?

These two are from my own personal collection. I sold all my toys when I was 12, but kept all the minis/books/artwork, as they were what really spoke to me and why I became a fan. I couldn't part with them.

I also own the 2nd viewmaster (King of Castle Graskykull is the story, with Beast Man added into some of the frames!), and my cousin had the game. God knows how much other merchandise I saw that on as a child.

For anyone to state that they are 'rejected concepts' or 'unknown by normal people' is preposterous. It's why a lot of us are even here.
    The vintage toy is one of the single most iconic playsets--and toy, in general--that has ever been produced. Of course they want to recreate that, and make it even better. It makes sense to base it on the prototype, which is likely b/c it's just the vintage toy, but spruced up more. It's what people want. I understand that some people didn't care about the toys as much as the cartoon, but please don't try and downplay the awesomeness of the original Castle Grayskull.

I've encouraged people to get on board and order this playset NOW on my toy news blog.

http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

We have got to get this thing made!!! It's going to be incredible!

The best part for me is the perch for the Wind Raider! Awesome!!!
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; October 17, 2012 at 03:51am.
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

GAH!!!! This is so bittersweet!!!
    CG is awesome!!!! Especially the 4H version!!
    Theres no way I can afford this, not with the exchange rate slipping like it is at the moment!
    I would have to bring in a major freelance job or do commissions like crazy!

I can't wait to see the actual sculpt!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They added the old commercial to the ordering page!
    They need to add the Masters Power rap version!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    God knows how much other merchandise I saw that on as a child.

For anyone to state that they are 'rejected concepts' or 'unknown by normal people' is preposterous. It's why a lot of us are even here.
    The vintage toy is one of the single most iconic playsets--and toy, in general--that has ever been produced. Of course they want to recreate that, and make it even better. It makes sense to base it on the prototype, which is likely b/c it's just the vintage toy, but spruced up more. It's what people want. I understand that some people didn't care about the toys as much as the cartoon, but please don't try and downplay the awesomeness of the original Castle Grayskull.
    Yes...Filmation made MOTU big, but the original toyline media can't be underestimated. It was on EVERYTHING.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The only Castle Grayskull version I do not like is the 200x one. Any other version is fine by me. I quite like how the classics CG looks in the concept for from comic con.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

I had a thought about the recent trend of using brown to color the "wood" on Castle Grayskull.

I don't like it.
    I agree, I'd much rather it be a green slate colour.

To be honest I'd rather them not have bothered with any inertia or accessories for Grayskull so it could be a bit cheaper.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior

There's more if you want to see it...
    Thanks, but you don't have to keep wasting your time, it's not going to make you correct.

Some of you guys will never get this concept. You simply do not understand the difference between people who obsess over this stuff and the other 99.99% of the world.

And what is hilarious is that you are not listening to me, either. I am not saying they should make it more Filmation on the outside. However, yes, MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of kids watched the TV show intently every day. THEY THREW FIGURE CARD BACK PACKAGING OUT.

The current version looks like the toy box and the toy itself, which also was in many hundreds of thousands if not millions of homes.

I know a few of you sat and studied the tiny little picture on card art of the original few characters and obsessed over it, or took the first few minicomics and prayed to them nightly, but truth is - most kids who got these toys couldn't even read yet - I didn't know a single person growing up who gave the comics much look. We were too busy watching the show with every other kid in America.

But...this will again go over your heads and you will post more obscure stuff that only obsessed internet fans remember, for no reason at all other than to continue to prove my point but have no idea what my point is because your mind just cannot get around the fact that yes, every one of those pictures was obscure, was not something a "normal" person would remember, and dwarfs in comparison to both Filmation and the actual toy that was released. They are ICONIC, to a GENERATION - not little bits that were thrown out by most families as trash and was only at the beginning of the line to boot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For anyone to state that they are 'rejected concepts' or 'unknown by normal people' is preposterous. It's why a lot of us are even here
    You aren't even posting pictures of the ugly prototype version.

Does it have the little dunce cap dot on the top? Do any of them have the grossly elongated face?

No they do not.

It looks like the toy box art of the released Castle.

Which is what I have been saying this should look like, what it DOES look like - yet you guys are picking an argument.

You will never get it...
    Last edited by EtherianChronicles; October 17, 2012 at 06:22am.

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

-Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by VZX; October 17, 2012 at 08:27am.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."