Page 63 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    True though that I mostly hear fans remember mini-comics and Filmation when they think about the characters.
    And then the question becomes 'which mini-comics'? There are about four different phases the comics go through. 1982 is the four illustrated storybooks that you seem to either love passionately or have never heard of before the Internet. 1983's stories exist in an almost transitional Eternia most like the DC mini-series (makes sense, considering that they were done by DC) but without Prince Adam and Cringer. Most of the 1984 mini-comics (with the possible exceptions of 'The Clash of Arms' and 'He-Man and the Insect People') are adaptations of cartoon plots, although very loose ones in some cases. In 1985, the mini-comics seem to finally settle down (and start getting rights to use Orko and Prince Adam's Filmation look--the Sorceress and Royal Family will have to wait another year for proper colors) into their own continuity, with a heavier focus on introducing the new characters they're packaged with. They don't really start evincing any real strong signs of internal continuity until 1986, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Though it's still interesting that DC Comics had Prince Adam from the start. DC Comics presents #47 from July 82, before anyone ever saw a single frame of the cartoon.
    To me that is a big thing.
    True though that I mostly hear fans remember mini-comics and Filmation when they think about the characters.
    According to the Power & Honour catalogue, Prince Adam was a character created by Mark Taylor, years before Filmation. Although it must be said that it was not He-Man's alter ego, but a nobleman who would fight together with He-Man on one occasion and with Skeletor on the next.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    And then the question becomes 'which mini-comics'? There are about four different phases the comics go through. 1982 is the four illustrated storybooks that you seem to either love passionately or have never heard of before the Internet. 1983's stories exist in an almost transitional Eternia most like the DC mini-series (makes sense, considering that they were done by DC) but without Prince Adam and Cringer. Most of the 1984 mini-comics (with the possible exceptions of 'The Clash of Arms' and 'He-Man and the Insect People') are adaptations of cartoon plots, although very loose ones in some cases. In 1985, the mini-comics seem to finally settle down (and start getting rights to use Orko and Prince Adam's Filmation look--the Sorceress and Royal Family will have to wait another year for proper colors) into their own continuity, with a heavier focus on introducing the new characters they're packaged with. They don't really start evincing any real strong signs of internal continuity until 1986, though.
    1982's mini-comics were pretty Thundarr-like in tone, with the heroes and villains fighting over Grayskull in a desolate wasteland. Except for He-Man's tribe and the mention of MAA's people, there are no others mentioned. It's a common thought that alot of humanity was wiped out during the Great Wars. In 1983, the setting drastically changed, becoming more medieval based with villages and the Royal Palace.

DC comics had the first appearance of Prince Adam. It also featured Randor and Marlena as an astronaut. But these royals were older, with white hair. Cringer was around too, but Orko wasn't seen until the cartoon.

The mini-comics did have King Randor, but he was the elderly, unnamed and the queen was strictly an unnamed background queen that appeared in only two Texiera mini-comics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Needs to be fixed before they charge and ship it out not day of. It takes little time to go through and see what shipping type anyone picked and then correcting it. I don't see why they can't change the order on the phone. Cancel the one and let us replace our order. This is silly. They are not seeing the point that local and international fans may not want to hand over the double or more amount so we can get creditied if and when they decide to send the money back.
    They are a billing and shipping service. There should be someone there who knows how to use the right software.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    what about the international fans?
    we do have to pay the higher import fees anyway.
    thats still quite unfair.
    we need a new invoice.
    Do you guys HAVE an invoice yet? Haven't ordered mine yet... (YET!!!) but I heard you're card is being charged '$0'. So techniquely there shouldn't BE a charge until next year... with the 'correct' shipping. So doesn't this solve the problems?

it shows in my order history.
    and this exact invoice will be in the parcel.
    863 dollars for 2 CG instead of 690 dollars!
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Perhaps I missed it but has any asked or ibeen addressed of sales surpass the goal arrow? I have no problem ordering if a figure is included like the grayskull robot. That would be awesome if thats what surpassing the goal arrow meant.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    it shows in my order history.
    and this exact invoice will be in the parcel.
    863 dollars for 2 CG instead of 690 dollars!
    Bumping this post forward... since no one here [EVER] seems to apparently take the time to check a few pages back and read and make sure they didnt miss anything....

-----UPDATE-----
    Regarding Early "Higher" Priced Purchases of MOTUC Castle Greyskull

I just received this email from Matty in reply to my email about the messed up "earlier" Higher/Double shipping costs on the MOTUC Castle Grayskull Preorder...

...so for those of us who preordered earlier in the day when the shipping costs were messed up... even if you paid more for grayskull, you will get the difference credited back to you
    Last edited by Replikor; October 17, 2012 at 09:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Perhaps I missed it but has any asked or ibeen addressed of sales surpass the goal arrow? I have no problem ordering if a figure is included like the grayskull robot. That would be awesome if thats what surpassing the goal arrow meant.
    I think the red arrow is just pointing to the graphic and referring to what it is about. Otherwise, if that arrow meant something it would be right on the thermometer like the DC sub...

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.251913100

As far as I am aware, there is no bonus tier for getting above the minimum, so there is no reason to place a goal post in the middle of the field (so to speak). I would think it would have to reach the top.

Heroic Warrior

Just Wondering

I can't be the only person who has had this thought cross their mind:

Since they don't charge anything to your card when you pre-order Castle Grayskull, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many you can order...

What would prevent someone from ordering about 5000 of them to guarantee that it gets produced?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I think the red arrow is just pointing to the graphic and referring to what it is about. Otherwise, if that arrow meant something it would be right on the thermometer like the DC sub...

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ctID.251913100

As far as I am aware, there is no bonus tier for getting above the minimum, so there is no reason to place a goal post in the middle of the field (so to speak). I would think it would have to reach the top.
    Other than to show off how much PAST the needed goal we achieved... which honestly is a LOT of fun for EVERYONE ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post

Since they don't charge anything to your card when you pre-order Castle Grayskull, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many you can order...

What would prevent someone from ordering about 5000 of them to guarantee that it gets produced?
    I actually thought the same thing. I'm assuming that no one would risk more than they can actually afford to buy for the fear of getting flattened by a huge bill.

However, from what I know about credit cards, you can always call your card provider and put a stop payment on any purchase you decided you didn't want. I don't know of any retailer that has the power to 'force' you to buy something if you have a change of heart. The power remains with the consumer. Even cars can be returned with virtually no fee or hassle. I don't foresee Mattel shaking down Visa, Mastercard or AMEX for toy money that they were promised they would get.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo lets see how this goes.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 18, 2012 at 04:00am.

I wonder if the price would drop if say....20,000 were ordered

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Ya, I thought of this as well. I think He-Man fans are too good to try this. We can thank all those darn moral lessons at the end of the cartoon series for stopping this sort of thing.

Plus, who has a couple hundred thousand to blow in case the bill needs to be collected? Credit-Tor, the evil Horde finance guy, coming to get us!

Looks like BBTS has 165 up for preorder....that should help some numbers.

Heroic Warrior
    Welll... ordered mine.

MAY get a second one... but MAN that would be a hefty bill...

Quote Originally Posted by aey103 View Post
    Looks like BBTS has 165 up for preorder....that should help some numbers.
    ya, an only at $63K to buy them all.... lol

Well hopefully Mattel learns from the bttf hoverboard and sticks to the plan the showed for CG. The are now accepting cancelations for the hoverboard as it isn't truly a movie accurate prop, and is now being referred to as a toy by Scott.

Gives me hope for getting everything as advertised

J

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I posted pictures of the same design of the cross-sell castle--which you said no 'normal' person had ever seen--yet it was on most merchandise. Now you are claiming something completely different. But by all means, keep moving the goalposts in your neverending quest to bash on motu and its concepts.
    I'm done.
    And that is precisely the problem - I never said any such thing.

I said that the prototype version, with the super-elongated jaw and the little dunce cap ball on the top, was super-obscure.

I said nothing about any of the cross-sell items, which do not have those items.

I also have not argued for it to be Filmation, but people who do not realize that to the vast majority of people that Filmation = He-man, you simply cannot have a conversation because to deny this simply precludes any rational discussion if one does not understand the basic facts of what people remember in 2012 about He-man, those people who don't seek out obscure designs people post on the Internet decades later.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    ... the bttf hoverboard ... The are now accepting cancelations for the hoverboard...
    They do? In the latest answers on the Ask Matty forum Toyguru keeps saying
    that you cannot cancel the pre-order for the Hoverboard.
    When did they say that you can cancel it?

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    They do? In the latest answers on the Ask Matty forum Toyguru keeps saying
    that you cannot cancel the pre-order for the Hoverboard.
    When did they say that you can cancel it?
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/1981017387

J

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...so for those of us who preordered earlier in the day when the shipping costs were messed up... even if you paid more for grayskull, you will get the difference credited back to you
    I think the point Stefan is making about the invoice is for TAX reasons.. Many International collectors are subject to ridiculous tax fees on our stuff. So if the total on the invoice is $100 + higher than it should be even if we arent being charged that or credited it back (which is good news indeed) but we will still be charged tax on that invoice total, which will bump up the potential tax for me from the £40 ish to more like £60. So the worry is that what we were charged on the day will be what is on our invoice whether we pay it or not. Paying an extra £20 in tax isnt as bad as losing $100+ extra in shipping, but it still sucks for those of us who jumped in early assuming it was the only option
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here is the latest from TG...

thermometer clarification

Just curious, and it may be a stupid question, but the pre-order thermometer seems vague. Does the entire meter need to be red, or just to the red arrow pointing to it off to the side, reading "goal." If the latter, then as of this entry, we appear to be around 25%...

You are correct! The meter to the top is over our goal. We are 24% to our min needed order.
    Castle Grayskull Jawbridge Question

Holy craB! Grayskull (The Castle) is a possibility! Looking at the sketches I've noticed something:
    The Castle's Jawbridge appears to be like The Vintage Version with the Sword unlocking Mechanism... If the Jawbridge is meant to open up by inserting a Power Sword I fear that the Paint on the blade Might Scratch off...

Now with that said: CAN WE GET AN UNPAINTED POWER SWORD WITH THE CASTLE to use as a "Master Key" so we don't risk peeling off paint from the other MOTUC Power Swords? assuming the Castle gets made, of course.

We'll make sure the Jaw Bridge also opens without a sword (if there is even a sword opening mechanism; which we don't know at this time, it may just be a hole to insert a sword and pretend it is magically opening up the Jaw, beyond the elevator and doors that open/close their may not be too many "action features" built into the Castle. This helps us keep it at 250.00)
    Please help! CG shipping costs refund is NOT a solution for international customers!

when preordering Cstle Grayskull I was among the first few who were charged the wrong (higher) shipping costs. matty's customer service tells me the money will just be refunded when the Castle ships.

This, however, is NOT a sufficient solution for this issue. We international fans urgently NEED a new invoice and a correct bill with our order as the shipping costs are added to the amount of customs duty we have to pay. If the invoice says $198.75 instead of $94.60 we will have to pay a considerably higher amount of customs duty.

We need a new invoice and a corrected bill/packaging list with the correct amount.
    I mean honestly, how hard can it be for CS to just change the shipping costs to the correct amount?

We're working with CS And ideally they will reach out to every customer who ordered under the higher weight, cancel the order an help them place a new correct one personally. This is an easy fix. Just give us some time but we'll correct this. We're on it.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 18, 2012 at 09:53am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post

Yeah and then cancel the CC before it ships so they don't get charged? Evil. Pure evil, you are.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

24%!! Not Bad! Call me naive, but I don't think there is any conspiracy or scare tactics going on from Matty with the indicator. I like to think they are playing it straight and, once it's updated daily, it shows an accurate percentage of what we need to attain the goal. So, I would have liked to reach 50% by now, but I still think we can get there.

Anyway, I like Scott's answer about "action features" of the castle, since we really do not need much. BUT, it has to have the trap door!!! That was the signature feature of the original and 200x CG! I would think that such an iconic feature would be present in the Classics version, so I hope that Scott just forgot about it. I mean, the Wind Raider still had it's rope/winch action feature (with added spring-loaded action) from the original, so Castle Grayskull MUST have the trap door! Turn the throne, and the guy falls into the dungeon!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."