Page 65 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

The scale of the mock-up of the MOTUC Grayskull is... well HUGE... its some distance in the background but still looks HUGE.

An some of you are hesitant to order this... why again???

I mean look at how large this playset will be!!!

SUPPORT MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!! BUY ONE NOW!!!
    Last edited by Replikor; October 18, 2012 at 07:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It definitely sounds as if it goes inside the castle, not on top of it. Here's what Toyguru said about it at the NYCC panel:

"So it will open just like the original and there’s sort of a triangle piece that gets added in after you swing it open to extend the bottom level. Do you see what I’m talking about in the top image? That pie piece. And I believe that pie piece is gonna have a little knob in it that you can plug the Wind Raider in so you can hide your Wind Raider inside the castle."

How He-Man managed to get the WR into the castle is a mystery to me...
    Yes I am aware of what TG has said, however it doesn't make much sense, why would anyone want to display (or hide!!!) the WR inside the castle?
    I think either he was misinformed, or there is an extra large piece added to the pie piece so the WR stand would be able to sit on it. Otherwise, it is a useless option...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread that if was based neither on Filmation nor the '87 movie, that I wouldn't preorder it. As soon as I saw the B sheets on the projection screen at NYCC, my interest was completely lost. This is an easy $300 saved, and I suspect I am one of legions who feel that way, judging by the thermometer. It should have been like the statue, like Bow, like Frosta, like Bow, like He-Man, like Beast Man, and like BP She-Ra - in other words, it should have combined all the most popular previous interpretations like the most fan-acclaimed installments in the MOTUC line have done.

Hopefully this will fail so a preorder for a Filmation castle can come.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Must watch new toyguru video on youtube for Castle Grayskull glimpse

It's the video about the Hover board. The cardboard mock up of Castle Grayskull is right behind him. At first, I was like what the HE!! is that and then it hit me. It's gonna be huge.

Good eye... I never would've watched the hover board video... but that 3d castle model in the background was worth it!

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Nice, TG, nice

That's very cool looking... It's gonna be a monster of a playset!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post

Hopefully this will fail so a preorder for a Filmation castle can come.

If you think this preorder failing will make the management at Mattel want to throw up a preorder for a new castle, you're legally insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    This is an easy $300 saved, and I suspect I am one of legions who feel that way, judging by the thermometer.
    It's the tendency of people to think their view matches "legions" but it doesn't make it any more true. I think it's just human nature. I'm not terribly surprised here. It's a big commitment. Some people will need to think about it. Some people are likely to wait until payday "just in case" even though Mattel said it was a zero-dollar authorization.

I'm sure there are people who would have rather had this Castle or that Castle. I'm sure they all think they are in the majority (well, except for that one guy—whoever he may be—who really wanted the CG from issue 2 of the new DC comic series, I'm sure he knows he's in a lonely minority. ) and if they had gotten what they wanted then another subset would have been mad.

We could quibble all day about which CG is the most popular or most iconic. I fully support people not getting it if they aren't happy with the design, but I don't think assuming this is the reason for "lack of sales" is an assumption anyone can make. We just don't have enough info. And I honestly never expected the meter to shoot up to the goal in the first week. Look at what happened with sub sales.

I certainly think we have a great chance of this still happening. It'll be interesting to see if paydays cause an uptick in sales at all for people nervous (or unknowing) of the zero-dollar charge.

I just realized that someone already posted this in the Pre-order CG thread, but I figure more fans would look at this title and go "huh?" and at least watch. Hopefully to get some people excited that might not have been before and to get them to pre-order if they were on the fence. CG is gonna be massive if its close to that size.

I'd buy a real hover board for 5 grand!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I like the overall design that they're going with, especially the versatility in features. I think it's smart that certain parts, like the vintage handle and prototype minaret, can be removed. This is something that should be continued throughout the design process, IMO. I wouldn't mind if some concept accessories (Like the torture rack) and the Grayskull Robot (Which could later be released as an exclusive figure of its own) are dropped in favor of interchangeable pieces. I feel that a couple of Filmation-inspired parts would go a long way in allowing owners to customize Castle Grayskull into their own perfect versions. I can think of three Filmation pieces that I would love to see...

Alternate Sorceress' Throne
    A Dimensional Portal/Mirror with Holographic Sticker
    Long Tusks for the Castle Facade

I feel that these simple elements, combined with all the cool vintage and mini-comic aspects that are already present, would create the perfect Castle Grayskull for the majority of collectors!

So, I like how Scott put the Castle Grayskull mock-up in the hoverboard video behind him. You are a smooth, Scott!

Anyway, yeah, I agree the scale of the castle is plenty big enough and perfect. The bottom floor looks huge. BUT: the second floor looks a little small. I like the third floor for what it is, but I wish the second floor was a little more. Maybe it's just the point-of-view in the mock-up and will look better with some figures in it.

Well, that is my one complaint. Make the second floor a little bigger, please.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I don't think it looks big enough to be honest - hopefully the real one is.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    After several days of thinking about it, I finally choose to not preorder it.

When the castle is the absolute best toy I got in years, I gladly spent more bucks on the secondary market, but if this thing doesn't hold up to my expectations or is produced with flaws (which is my biggest concern knowing how much production problems Mattel has with this line) I'll happy to avoid paying, waiting and again paying at customs for something I don't want to own.

I'll take that money and buy the Masterpiece Soundwave, that thing really impressed me...
    Last edited by Berserker79; October 19, 2012 at 09:49am.

Heroic Warrior
    The thermometer still looks to be only a quarter full after yet another day or people pre-ordering. Should we be starting to panic here?

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    So, I like how Scott put the Castle Grayskull mock-up in the hoverboard video behind him. You are a smooth, Scott!

Anyway, yeah, I agree the scale of the castle is plenty big enough and perfect. The bottom floor looks huge. BUT: the second floor looks a little small. I like the third floor for what it is, but I wish the second floor was a little more. Maybe it's just the point-of-view in the mock-up and will look better with some figures in it.

Well, that is my one complaint. Make the second floor a little bigger, please.
    Looking at the blue print, and then again at the mockup, It looks to be a little off. (where the floors should sit, for proper height on the doors and such.)
    I think the front piece floors are the ones that are off, and the side floors are probably fine.

But it's just a mockup to show scale with the figures. Really not too fussed about it as the 4H are gonna do their thing anyway.

I did some measuring last night of He-Man on Battle Cat. If the door dimensions are really 9.5" x about 5" at the most narrow spot, then He-Man will, just barely, fit through the door on Battle Cat!!! How awesome is that?!!
    Last edited by Baena; October 19, 2012 at 10:56am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Looking at the blue print, and then again at the mockup, It looks to be a little off. (where the floors should sit, for proper height on the doors and such.)
    I think the front piece floors are the ones that are off, and the side floors are probably fine.

But it's just a mockup to show scale with the figures. Really not too fussed about it as the 4H are gonna do their thing anyway.

I did some measuring last night of He-Man on Battle Cat. If the door dimensions are really 9.5" x about 5" at the most narrow spot, then He-Man will, just barely, fit through the door on Battle Cat!!! How awesome is that?!!
    Umm yeah that is pretty darn sweet Baena. I still don't understand why people wouldn't preorder this. Is it really the money? You're not going to be billed until 12/11/2013. You have 14 months to save up. Save your Xmas $$ & bday $$. Take $20-$40 out of every paycheck. You'll have enough saved within 6 months depending on shipping costs. Is it really flaws?? Come on....nothing is perfect or ever will be. Well for $250 bones it better be. I can see that but why risk it? Why lose the opportunity to own the best....excuse me the most important piece in your MOTUC line or should I say your MOTU collection.
    Last edited by Vlcan; October 19, 2012 at 11:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    The thermometer still looks to be only a quarter full after yet another day or people pre-ordering. Should we be starting to panic here?
    YES, Panic, most people that want this, knew when it was going to be on Pre-sale, and already bought it.

Panicking would be the most rational thing to do every single day til the pre-order ends.

Hey guys, I've put together a site to help promote the Castle and will feature all the information about it in a central place. I'm updating it daily as news comes out and I'm hoping for a few neat features as well. If you guys could spread the word, I'd appreciate it!

http://castlegrayskull.info/
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Hey guys, I've put together a site to help promote the Castle and will feature all the information about it in a central place. I'm updating it daily as news comes out and I'm hoping for a few neat features as well. If you guys could spread the word, I'd appreciate it!

http://castlegrayskull.info/
    I did the same sorta thing last night on my site too:
    http://he-man.us/

Wow, I'm surprised the mock-up doesn't appear bigger in ToyGuru's video. I mean, I'm looking at my 200X Grayskull now and when it's opened out there doesn't seem to be a huge difference. I know we are talking about mass-produced versus niche markets but I only paid something like $40 for my castle 8 years ago (with electronics and three levels; ground, first floor and turrets) and can't see this new version being worth $300 to get it to my door....sorry guys.

I really do hope you meet the target though but I'll will be saving my money and putting it towards the Hot Toys 1966 Batmobile next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Umm yeah that is pretty darn sweet Baena. I still don't understand why people wouldn't preorder this. Is it really the money? You're not going to be billed until 12/11/2013. You have 14 months to save up. Save your Xmas $$ & bday $$. Take $20-$40 out of every paycheck. You'll have enough saved within 6 months depending on shipping costs. Is it really flaws?? Come on....nothing is perfect or ever will be. Well for $250 bones it better be. I can see that but why risk it? Why lose the opportunity to own the best....excuse me the most important piece in your MOTUC line or should I say your MOTU collection.
    I am not getting it and it has nothing to do with money. I just have zero interest in it. I hate vehicles and really hate playsets. In my mind it is just a waste of money. Now, I do realize I am in the minority but that is how I feel. I don't play with or display my toys, I just horde them (pardon the phrase) in large bins. So that may lead to the next question...why i do I get them at all? Nostalgia, re-living my youth, investment, for my kids or their kids...

I would rather see that amount of resources going into getting us all the missing figures in this line.

If I ever change my mind (not gonna happen, but let's say I do) there will be lots of them floating around. Ebay, collector sites etc. Yeah, I might pay more, or it may cost me a number of items in trade BUT it will be available. And I will know what the finished product will look like.

From Matty

CASTLE GRAYSKULL SHIPPING UDPATE: On Monday 10/16 at around 1pm we confirmed with our Design team that the best estimate of the shipping weight for Castle Grayskull is 20 lbs. For those of you who placed orders for Castle Grayskull before that time, our Customer Service team will contact you to update your order to the new, lower shipping weight. All orders placed after Monday 10/16 at 1pm are estimated at the 20 lb. weight. Please remember that you won’t actually be charged until the product ships in 2013 should production go forward. If the final product weighs less than 20 lbs., we will refund the difference after the product has shipped. If the final weight is more than 20 lbs., you will NOT be charged more.

The Mockup looks smaller then I expected and for me that is a good thing. Easier to find the space to display it. The three levels will also allow me to display a lot of my figures directly in the castle. I might save even more space this way. It is like buying an additional shelf.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/