Page 72 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    This is Castle Grayskull.

When I started collecting this line a little over a year ago all you could find on this site was people begging for Scott to find a way--any way--to get Castle Grayskull out.

There was so much magical thinking and desperation and urgency!

But now here we are! Here we are! And nowhere near the level of excitement I would have guessed.

When it was announced a slight cloud passed through my mind and I thought, "There's excitement but it isn't the nuclear explosion of excitement I would have expected."

And now that feeling I had is really turning to a kind of dread as I watch this thermometer slowly creeping and so far only 25% full.

Do we need to get Gary Goddard back here? Or that Saurod guy? What?!?!?

I feel you... I check that page like 3 times a day!!!

Maybe we need Aragorn to give the battle speech!!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Heroic Warrior
    Or Henry V?!!?

Just checked... Here we are... The same as last week? Wow!!!

Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Heroic Warrior
    I am asking that Bryan G. Stockton personally purchase 2000 castles. Right now. Save us.

I don't think it's changed. It would have gone up some time. They aren't on a set schedule, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Just checked... Here we are... The same as last week? Wow!!!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0D728548A8.jpg
    well to be fair, its not an automatic update, mattel is closed on the weekend and honestly having someone make that pic is not that high on the list of people at mattel.

they will get around to updating it. Its not like they sold zero CG from last update to now.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

We should've at least reached the half mark by now, things aren't looking good.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    it hasnt even been a week man
    the ignore list is my new best friend

A lot of us are waiting just because we can.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Ya, we still got...

An the Thermometer has not been updated since friday morning. An I know; that from the org alone; we have managed nearly 60 more orders since then.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Waiting on that thermometer and thinking it's accurate is quite absurd. It will never truly represent sales. But go ahead and worry.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

I want to pre-order, I really do but there isn't one Filmation element in this castle design to hook me in. I was really hoping to see some Filmation elements in the teeth at least. I like the icon Hero's statue, but that face with the structured eyes and small sharp canine teeth, is not grayskull to me. Sorry guys I hope it happens for all of you who have put your pre-orders in. You truly deserve your castle grayskull. But as a Filmation fan there is nothing here for me and I can't justify the best part of $400.00 dollors including shipping & customs when there is no love shown to the iconic look of the Filmation Castle Grayskull within this design. I think more people would be pre-ordering right now had the 4H included elements of the Filmation skull and teeth! Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 22, 2012 at 05:21pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I agree with Rockinhard..the level will slowly creep up but don't expect it to reach the goal(if we hit it)until the last day. They want people to keep ore-ordering.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I want to pre-order, I really do but there isn't one Filmation element in this castle design to hook me in. I was really hoping to see some Filmation elements in the teeth at least. I like the icon Hero's statue, but that face with the structured eyes and small sharp teeth, is not grayskull to me. Sorry guys I hope it happens for all of you who have put your pre-order in. You truly deserve your castle grayskull. But as a Filmation fan there is nothing here for me and I can't justify the best part of $400.00 dollors including shipping & customs when there is no love shown to the iconic look of the Filmation Castle Grayskull within this design. I think more people would be pre-ordering right now had the 4H included elements of the Filmation skull and teeth! Just my 2 cents worth.
    Respect. I had no idea that Filmation meant so much to some people. I collected the line starting in '82 when I was 5 so for me the mini-comics, coloring books, activity books and golden books were just as much a part of my notion of MOTU as the later Filmation series. That series was awesome when it came out. I couldn't believe I was seeing the characters alive and interacting. But, to me, it's just one of the many depictions and not the central depiction that we have to keep going back to. There is nothing central for me. Just swirling "takes" on the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    As has been pointed out. We don't know if it has. The thermometer image is not really an indication of how close we are. It's an image that gets updated once or twice a week.

I want to pre-order, I really do but there isn't one Filmation element in this castle design to hook me in. I was really hoping to see some Filmation elements in the teeth at least. I like the icon Hero's statue, but that face with the structured eyes and small sharp canine teeth, is not grayskull to me. Sorry guys I hope it happens for all of you who have put your pre-orders in. You truly deserve your castle grayskull. But as a Filmation fan there is nothing here for me and I can't justify the best part of $400.00 dollors including shipping & customs when there is no love shown to the iconic look of the Filmation Castle Grayskull within this design. I think more people would be pre-ordering right now had the 4H included elements of the Filmation skull and teeth! Just my 2 cents worth.
    Here's the Filmation hook for the Filmation fans... SNAKE MOUNTAIN.

Think about it, what was more offensive to you as a kid about the playsets? Castle Grayskull? You couldn't really be mad there because the castle came before the toon.

But Snake Mountain!!! The toon established it's look first didn't it?

I love the old SM Playset, but that's me. Nows YOUR chance to take one for the team and get us on the road to a (Quoting Scott now) "Filmation inspired Snake Mountain!" (Sorry Scott, I don't know if I got the quote right, but I've paraphrased what I remember. )
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Here's the Filmation hook for the Filmation fans... SNAKE MOUNTAIN.

Think about it, what was more offensive to you as a kid about the playsets? Castle Grayskull? You couldn't really be mad there because the castle came before the toon.

But Snake Mountain!!! The toon established it's look first didn't it?

I love the old SM Playset, but that's me. Nows YOUR chance to take one for the team and get us on the road to a (Quoting Scott now) "Filmation inspired Snake Mountain!" (Sorry Scott, I don't know if I got the quote right, but I've paraphrased what I remember. )
    It drove me ******* when the SM toy cam out. I was like ***? And then for the next year and a half I'd watch that show and salivate. Awesome that I might get it. thirty years too late but hey whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Man, it is starting to sound like the 2013 sub sales pitch all over again. Weren't we promised during the 2013 sign-up period that 2014 would be the best year yet with all the core characters geting made? IF we could just get the 2013 subs reach the minimum. And then as soon as the sub went through the whole story changed and we may get very few figures.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really hope we get Castle Grayskull, but if Snake Mountain is going to be 100% Filmation, I don't think I would buy that. If I wanted a Filmation Snake Mountain, I could grab a couple handfuls of knitting needles and tie a rubber snake around them, myself. If it was based on the insanely creepy toy with monster faces coming out of the side of the mountain, MYP or a hybrid of all the Snake Mountains, I would go for it though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Sorry Nate but thats not good enough for me personally. I didn't come to know He-Man by the toys and early mini comics and media....it was the Filmation cartoon...seeing Adam transforming infront of Filmation Grayskull. Why would a Filmation Snake Mt be appealing to me when there is no Filmation Influance in MOTUC Castle Grayskull design to complement it? I feel the 4H and Mattel have made a poor choice to not work some elements of the iconic Filmation design into the visuals for MOTUC Grayskull. A hybred approach between the Filmation Castle Grayskull & the classic toy box art that included elements from the prototype castle would have cast the net as far and as wide as possible attracting the attention from fans across the board. But Mattel & the 4H have chosen to ignore the Filmation look which was a risky move, hopefully it pays off and there are enough fans of this non filmation/non classic toy playset look to make it happen. Sadly I can't support it.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 22, 2012 at 06:06pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I really hope we get Castle Grayskull, but if Snake Mountain is going to be 100% Filmation, I don't think I would buy that. If I wanted a Filmation Snake Mountain, I could grab a couple handfuls of knitting needles and tie a rubber snake around them, myself. If it was based on the insanely creepy toy with monster faces coming out of the side of the mountain, MYP or a hybrid of all the Snake Mountains, I would go for it though.

I think if they do get to make a MOTUC Snake Mountain, I think it will be a mix of Filmation and MYP. As my as the more aggressive looking snake mtn. I can just too easily see a good mix of both of the two designs for a final product.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I think if they do get to make a MOTUC Snake Mountain, I think it will be a mix of Filmation and MYP. As my as the more aggressive looking snake mtn. I can just too easily see a good mix of both of the two designs for a final product.
    Possibly. I really enjoy the monster faces though. They REALLY creeped the hell out of me when I was little. It's a place of sheer horror.

About Filmation Castle Grayskull, the front we see (in the Transformation scene) is a very odd perspective...and we're not literally looking directly at the Castle. It's like the camera is at the bottom of the door, tilted all the way up towards the roof. If you look at a side shot of Filmation Grayskull and compare it to the original box art, I think they look very similar (in my opinion).

You have to keep in mind, these two pictures are still not at the same angle.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I know, but looking on how things have been selling around Matty, usually the biggest inertia of sales normally happen in the first days, then they faze out gradually, unlike the subscription sales where there are either disappointments and/or bunch of issues related to the reveals/DR, CG is a pre-order and a fan demanded item where there was no money down at all!

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    As has been pointed out. We don't know if it has. The thermometer image is not really an indication of how close we are. It's an image that gets updated once or twice a week.
    The current image status hasn't been updated for a reason or another, and my comment was mainly based on it. I hope things have moved on since last Friday...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    But you've gotten this far and the whole line isn't Filmation inspired, it's inspired by the original toyline artwork. Hordak isn't blue, He-Man isn't deeply tanned, Leech doesn't have the big lips, nor does Trap Jaw have red on his arm or leggings.

Castle Grayskull is iconic PERIOD, Filmation or no Filmation.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 22, 2012 at 06:14pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)