Page 78 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4573

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Widget
    I was planning on ordering my Castle Grayskull this weekend but now I'm a little concerned after reading Scotts Q&A. I love the way the Castle looks in the blueprints. Now he's saying it will lean more towards the prototype in the actual sculpt. That's not the Castle Grayskull I remember. The reason the casual fans like myself love this line is because it reminds them of their childhood toys. I imagine the only fans that want the Castle to look like the prototype would be the hardcore fans. I never even saw what the proto looked like till last week. If I'm putting down $250 I don't want to hear that the look of the Castle may not be what is being shown. Do most fans here prefer the proto to how it looks in the blueprints? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

1. When you announced Castle Grayskull you said it would be based on Mark Taylor's prototype and mentioned the elongated mouth. The visuals on the B-sheet however are heavily inspired by the vintage boxart and the license guide. Is that the definitive look now or can we still expect to see the protruding snout and stalactite teeth from the prototype incorporated in the final design?

It is still a work in progress. Ideally we do want to lean more towards the prototype in the actual sculpt.
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Scott !!! Go Prototype
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Okay, not to be a downer, but too many people are saying that it will be made no matter what so they arent pre-ordering. You guys need a wake-up call. It wasnt even two months ago they had the EXACT same set-up for the Superboy and Ms Martian pack. It did not meet the meter and was flat out cancelled. We have NO guarantees this will be made...UNLESS THE METER IS MET. Do you honestly think they will go ahead with something that wont prove cost effective for a minimum demand? REALLY?!?
    A good warning to listen to.

Mattel won't greenlight this without the minimum.

PLEASE consider pre-ordering if your on the fence about this!

It's Castle Grayskull. Made by the Four Horsemen! these guys are passionate about this castle to say the least!!!
    It's going to be amazing when you see it in 3D.

This is the moment to order your very own Castle Grayskull for what is easily the Best MotU line there has ever been and possibly ever will be!

This is what He-Man and Skeletor are fighting over for crying out loud! You don't want He-Man to go without a home do you?

Please? Pretty Please? Pretty knock 'em dead Teela please?!

The Sorceress needs a place to rest her weary back and shoulders from those coffee cans!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I ment to ask him if they could find a way to make the Grayskull stands compatible with the Castle in some way. Oh well, maybe next time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Dan View Post
    I was planning on ordering my Castle Grayskull this weekend but now I'm a little concerned after reading Scotts Q&A. I love the way the Castle looks in the blueprints. Now he's saying it will lean more towards the prototype in the actual sculpt. That's not the Castle Grayskull I remember. The reason the casual fans like myself love this line is because it reminds them of their childhood toys. I imagine the only fans that want the Castle to look like the prototype would be the hardcore fans. I never even saw what the proto looked like till last week. If I'm putting down $250 I don't want to hear that the look of the Castle may not be what is being shown. Do most fans here prefer the proto to how it looks in the blueprints? Just curious.
    This.

I mean, I'm still gonna get it... but I am not a fan of the rejected prototype version. I don't mind a few 'nods' or inspirations... but I hope they don't go TOO crazy.

Frankly between the minaret and that ledge I hate so much... I think we have ENOUGH proto nods.

I want the 'ULTIMATE' castle. Give it a few elements from all the following IN THIS ORDER.

1) Box art

2)Vintage Toy
    3)Filmation
    4)prototype.

Want so badly!

Hmm, I all-capped the above for emphasis, but seems the org won't allow. Please read it as if it were in all-caps the way nature intended.
    Last edited by geooco; October 26, 2012 at 06:58pm. Reason: something was lost in the translation.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Despite the individual fan's taste in eras, isn't A Castle Grayskull being represented better than NO Castle Grayskull at all?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Despite the individual fan's taste in eras, isn't A Castle Grayskull being represented better than NO Castle Grayskull at all?
    Not if it is the 200x version. Yuck!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Not if it is the 200x version. Yuck!
    Okay, good point as there are some unappealing Grayskull's out there (200X and 1987 movie). I was thinking moreso that the original toy castle, Filmation and the prototype/Alcala mini-comic look the same at first glance anyway.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

My ideal Castle would be a pure Filmation Castle with Bridge and all. But I trust the Horsemen, this is their dream project, and I know it will be great. Who knows, during a movie year, the Horsemen may be forced to do a movie Grayskull, or worse yet, the Horsemen may not be doing it at all.

So the way I see it, this is my last chance to get a full blown, heart poured into Castle from Scott and the Horsemen who will have the best from vintage, Filmation and 200x put into it, it's the ultimate Grayskull, so I'm buying it no matter what. I have the past two castles, so I need this one to complete my collection.

...I just want it made.... I [REALLY] want a MOTUC Castle Grayskull!!

For the record, the prototype version wasn't rejected based on its look, otherwise we wouldn't have seen it drawn in the mini comics or elements of it featured on packaging artwork.

It was streamlined and chopped down for production ease.

The prototype's look is precisely what the creators wanted it to look like.

I'm glad to hear they're finally going to get something that more closely matches their vision. (Provided we meet the minimum.)
    Last edited by Baena; October 26, 2012 at 07:53pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    For the record, the prototype version wasn't rejected based on its look, otherwise we wouldn't have seen it drawn in the mini comics or elements of it featured on packaging artwork.

I'm glad to hear they're finally going to get something that more closely matches their vision.
    Thank you for saying this. The prototype is just a more elaborate version of the vintage toy.
    The classics line has been about many things, but one of the main things is making figures look they way they should have in the 80s, but couldn't b/c of limitations. The same is true for the castle. And it will rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I came here to post this pic, but I have to say awesome news about the box art! But gah! Now I have to keep that too...

Great day for the Castle, when I get home tonight, I can post the news about Rudy Obrero AND another thermometer update!!

I've put together a front mock-up for CastleGrayskull.Info, so I can add scale pics to the site over the next few weeks! First up, our resident MOTU "giants":

http://www.castlegrayskull.info/images/scale02.png
    Awesome mockup!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    the rejected prototype version
    Mark Taylor's prototype wasn't rejected. The sculpt was altered to make the castle easier to produce and package.

I for one am happy that TG and the Horsemen chose the prototype to base Castle Grayskull on. And I hope that they still find a way to include the moat / chasm playmat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

I'm glad to hear they're finally going to get something that more closely matches their vision. (Provided we meet the minimum.)
    I should learn to read other people's posts first before reacting. Well said, sir !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Widget
    Can someone post a pic of the prototype Castle Grayskull? I don't remember where I saw it. I'm trying to convince myself that I'll be happy with the Castle even if looks more like the prototype than the original toy and box art. I'm on the fence and I need a push. Thanks.

Can someone post a pic of the prototype Castle Grayskull? I don't remember where I saw it. I'm trying to convince myself that I'll be happy with the Castle even if looks more like the prototype than the original toy and box art. I'm on the fence and I need a push. Thanks.
    Here you go

Widget
    Thank you guys for posting the prototype pics. It has a creepier look to it than proposed classics grayskull. That's not a bad thing. The small jawbridge looks goofy but it would obviously be bigger. It's the protruding mouth that bugs me the most though. I'll assume that it won't stick out quite that far in the final design. I might as well preorder it. I'm sure I'll have no trouble selling it if I end up being disappointed with it. The wife already gave me her blessing so I should take advantage of that. Off to Matty Collector I go.

Thanks so much for the Q&A, I'm re-hyped!!! I'm pretty happy with most of the answers (the rotating wall-door to the legendary ledge is awesome) and I love the prototype, so I can't wait for it!

Come on, everyone! Let's get this done!
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Good decision to go for a more prototype look. It really is a better look than the original playset, IMO. Of course, to me, the best Grayskull design will always be Filmation. But the prototype look has always been a close second.

Oh man, those are the best pics of it I've seen. That is a thing of beauty.

Is that a punching bag hanging down under the bat thing?

That's too bad about the Wind Raider attachment. If it doesn't go on top, I'll probably not buy a WR. Still on board for the castle, but I was hoping for this.

Mr favorite version of Castle Grayskull is the box-art. The design they are showing for Classics looks very similar to it, I hope the final isn't changed too much.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-at-Arms View Post
    From Matty's Facebook page:
    GREAT news... we confirmed the ginormous 2013 Castle Grayskull would be packed in a closed box with all new art by Rudy Obrero, the designer for the original packaging! (Rudy also did the box art for Wind Raider and Granymyr.)
    Hmm, I thought that the Wind Raider box art turned out very poorly...hopefully he can do a better job with Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Awesome mockup!
    Thanks!

For tomorrow, I'm doing a little crossover action: Stay Puft!
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No, not for me...If I don't like the sculpt, I don't buy it. The b-sheet was okay for me, don't like the 80's prototype, so my decision of not preordering it is right.