Page 82 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

  1. #2026
    Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    Hi guys! Don't you think it would be cool if Mattel produced removable turret roofs for Castle Grayskull's right side? I mean: since they are most likely coming in a different color than the castle's "bricks", detachable brown roofs would be way better and give us more display possibilities!
    Here's my mockup:
    Attachment 79966
    That's a great idea
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

  2. #2027
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The only thing I can add is that somehow we were right down to the wire for the 2013 subs.... THEN we were 30% OVER what we needed...

    Sooooooo Chalk me up as one who takes thermometer and 'goal updates' with a grain of salt.
    I am with you on this man. The thermometer is even more bothersome to me because we see it just sitting there for days without any progress but most likely castles are being sold.

  3. #2028
    Court Magician Kontroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Hi guys! Don't you think it would be cool if Mattel produced removable turret roofs for Castle Grayskull's right side? I mean: since they are most likely coming in a different color than the castle's "bricks", detachable brown roofs would be way better and give us more display possibilities!
    Here's my mockup:
    mockup turrets.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    That's a great idea
    Thank you Straight Edge!
    If anyone else likes this idea, please support it and submit it to Toy Guru in the next Q&A!!
    -Kontroller: Evil master of Tram tickets -

  4. #2029
    Heroic Warrior DrRampageo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rampageo Island (MA)
    Posts
    139
    that is a pretty neat idea!
    I was thinking about it earlier and I really hope they have some kind of perch for Zoar built in someplace on or in the castle.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

  5. #2030
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,373

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #2031
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Even if you don't PLAY with your figures, imagine the display opportunities of this one! It's more than just a flat piece of 2D paper with a castle printed on it! You can have Webstor grappling up the side. Sorceress can be standing on the top of the turret, casting a protective spell. Man-At-Arms can be sneaking out the secret passageway on the side to clobber King Hiss. He-man can stand before Grayskull with his sword aloft, ready to deny Skeletor entrance!

    I'm hoping to get some sort of turntable set-up for mine eventually so you can just turn it around and see all the action inside too! I get what some people are saying. I kind of feel the same about the vehicles (other than Battle Ram) but Grayskull... the the fortress of power and mystery? To me, this one, you just make work if you have the money.
    But I have no use for a gun turret on Grayskull, nor a secret passageway. All I have a use for is its front, and that is it.

    It just isn't worth the price to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    DCU stuff failed several times though, hasn't it? They failed to meet their minimum sub level one year and went through with it anyway. That makes me think the thermometers are just there for hype. I admit to not knowing anything about that 2-pack though.
    That's because Mattel most likely had already spent money on these figures to begin with. Plus, they were not ready for it to fail, so they could not afford to incur the costs of refunding everyone's money back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So according to Dr Kain so far, Castle Grayskull is:
    --a woman's waistline
    --wallpaper

    Oh, what will that crazy guy think of next!
    Look, I already said, I'm sure it will be awesome. But I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on essentially a statue.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  7. #2032
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    that is a pretty neat idea!
    I was thinking about it earlier and I really hope they have some kind of perch for Zoar built in someplace on or in the castle.
    This would be fantastic. They could put it on one of the stones along the walk way or maybe the window.

  8. #2033
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,019
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  9. #2034
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,681
    Had to do a little clean-up here. Please respect everyone's choices for getting or not getting Grayskull.
    I'd love for everyone to afford one or be as excited as I am about it.
    But not everyone will be. And there's nothing wrong with that.

    Thanks!

  10. #2035
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,726
    I'm digging the ideas of a perch for the falcon and removable rooftops on the turrets.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  11. #2036
    Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The only thing I can add is that somehow we were right down to the wire for the 2013 subs.... THEN we were 30% OVER what we needed...

    Sooooooo Chalk me up as one who takes thermometer and 'goal updates' with a grain of salt.
    THIS! I think that this thermometer is exactly the same thing that the "updated percentages" that we got, every two or three days, back in the days of the 2013 subscriptions.
    We were at 80/85%, but then, bumm! 130% . Yeah, Really? I Don't buy that. But i understand the point, their point, of doing this.
    So IMO, or we just don't hit the minimum at all, or if we do it, that thing won't reflect it until the due date has passed.
    Anyway, i hope i'm wrong with this, and tomorrow find out that the thermometer has exploded.
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

    Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

  12. #2037
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    THIS! I think that this thermometer is exactly the same thing that the "updated percentages" that we got, every two or three days, back in the days of the 2013 subscriptions.
    We were at 80/85%, but then, bumm! 130% . Yeah, Really? I Don't buy that. But i understand the point, their point, of doing this.
    So IMO, or we just don't hit the minimum at all, or if we do it, that thing won't reflect it until the due date has passed.
    Anyway, i hope i'm wrong with this, and tomorrow find out that the thermometer has exploded.
    I was a bit bitter about the Subscription... since I'm a cherry picker who does not WANT all of them. There have been a LOT of figures shown in the early 2013 and late 2012 that I consider passes... I specifically caved to the pressure JUST to make sure we got we got ANY figures next year.

    Then to find out that we were 30% OVER and I didnt' NEED to?? That kinda sucked.


    Grayskull is a whole different story. I want it. They arent' charging yet... Imma gonna GET it!!! But I still question the thermometer when people like Catra say that it's impossible to have it updated real time or even every day... When the kickstarter I just finished did EXACTLY that...

    WORST case scenario, that graphic is a simple photoshop. EASILY updated in the last 10 minutes of the work day

  13. #2038
    MOTUClassics.Com Daniel Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Then to find out that we were 30% OVER and I didnt' NEED to?? That kinda sucked.
    Well, that 30% is still crucial though. It will allow for more/better paint, maybe an extra accessory here or there (like Snake Face keeping his staff), and it probably helped trigger Grayskull. They might not have done the Castle if the subs barely limped across the minimum.

    So, I kinda feel like you still needed to and I thank you.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

  14. #2039
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    So, I kinda feel like you still needed to and I thank you.
    Your welcome


    Well.... Just got my new SUPERVOLTRON formed... and the first thought to cross my mind was....

    how does HE compare to Grayskull??

    Anyone done a photoshop of that yet??

  15. #2040
    Working for The Man Saved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville/Ft Knox, KY
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Well, that 30% is still crucial though. It will allow for more/better paint, maybe an extra accessory here or there (like Snake Face keeping his staff)..."
    Isint that what the price increase was supposed to be for?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

    MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

  16. #2041
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    312
    We are still a bit fare from the goal!

    Does anybody know, if all my castle grayskulls would ship together?

    I plan to buy 2 castle grayskulls! But if it is needed, i would also buy 3! Better 3 then zero! It's castle grayskull!!

    But they need to ship togehter, because of the high taxes (international fan)!

  17. #2042
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Isint that what the price increase was supposed to be for?
    It was so that nothing would be "cut" but if the minimum is reached and thensome, TG said that more might be added. Basically, the more they sell, the more profit...which means they can add more to it and still make what they planned on making.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

    WORST case scenario, that graphic is a simple photoshop. EASILY updated in the last 10 minutes of the work day
    ...and they can control what we know as far as how many are sold. We very well could be there already for all we know. Probably not yet...but I'd be shocked if they tell us we hit the minimum before the deadline.

  18. #2043
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    35
    Sorry folks, the wife put her foot down and said "no" before I even told her the price. My MOTUC collection takes up too much space as it is, in her opinion (though she does think it's cool). I am really excited for the possibility of this happening though!

  19. #2044
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,705
    I don't want you to do anything to jeopardize you marriage... but... Sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission?

    It's cool, I totally understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Does anybody know, if all my castle grayskulls would ship together?

    I plan to buy 2 castle grayskulls! But if it is needed, i would also buy 3! Better 3 then zero! It's castle grayskull!!

    But they need to ship togehter, because of the high taxes (international fan)!
    I know TG has been saying that the "my sub" page that should be up in a few weeks, will allow you to manage things like this. So I would guess yes, if you order others, you can arrange to have them ship at once.
    I'm not TG, I don't work for Mattel, but I know TG wants to put more power like this in our hands and that the "my sub" page is a step in the right direction.

    Lastly, I'm tapping into my old advertising days... Feel free to use or share this anywhere you want, let's get the word out! (see the full sized piece and my write up at www.natebaertsch.tumblr.com

    If you don't like what I did, Check out Eamon's fb page and use the one he put together, which is also awesome and features Rudy's original box art!

    Last edited by Baena; November 1, 2012 at 12:34pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  20. #2045
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,096
    Well, I'll be purchasing one of these tonight and thought of a fun idea. I hope Scott will do this. If anyone remembers when Super Smash Bros Brawl was being made, they showed sneak previews and glimpses along the way. I think it would be cool to do (via pictures and videos) sneak previews weekly of Grayskull as it goes along. This will keep the anticipation (and the free press on toy sites) going as Grayskull is made.

    What say all of you?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  21. #2046
    A Real Master Of Arms nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,150
    I haven't preordered yet, but I'm still thinking about it. I guess I feel like I'm waiting until the deadline passes to see if this will get made or not.

    If it doesn't make the goal, then I save $250+ next year for expenses that I will need. By the time Grayskull is released, there will be a new baby in the family, so I'm weighing all options on my expenses right now.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

    Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

  22. #2047
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I haven't preordered yet, but I'm still thinking about it. I guess I feel like I'm waiting until the deadline passes to see if this will get made or not.

    If it doesn't make the goal, then I save $250+ next year for expenses that I will need. By the time Grayskull is released, there will be a new baby in the family, so I'm weighing all options on my expenses right now.
    If it doesn't make it, you still won't be charged. So go ahead and pre-order.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  23. #2048
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Well, I'll be purchasing one of these tonight and thought of a fun idea. I hope Scott will do this. If anyone remembers when Super Smash Bros Brawl was being made, they showed sneak previews and glimpses along the way. I think it would be cool to do (via pictures and videos) sneak previews weekly of Grayskull as it goes along. This will keep the anticipation (and the free press on toy sites) going as Grayskull is made.

    What say all of you?
    That's a great idea, and that's what I'm hoping for as well! And I say, if we hit the minimum target by Nov 12, go ahead and start with the videos and pics to get more people on board straight through till the end of the ordering window in January.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  24. #2049
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,792
    well I think my house in Seaside Heights NJ still stands. No one can get in there just yet. If damage isnt too bad, CG is mine. Won't know until I get there and its a DMZ right now. For all those that are dealing with Sandy, best of luck. I know a lot of East COast folks will be spending their money trying to clean up and survive. I hope Matty gives collectors a lil more time to preorder if they have Sandy issues to deal with first.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  25. #2050
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I don't want you to do anything to jeopardize you marriage... but... Sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission?

    It's cool, I totally understand.




    I know TG has been saying that the "my sub" page that should be up in a few weeks, will allow you to manage things like this. So I would guess yes, if you order others, you can arrange to have them ship at once.
    I'm not TG, I don't work for Mattel, but I know TG wants to put more power like this in our hands and that the "my sub" page is a step in the right direction.

    Lastly, I'm tapping into my old advertising days... Feel free to use or share this anywhere you want, let's get the word out! (see the full sized piece and my write up at www.natebaertsch.tumblr.com

    If you don't like what I did, Check out Eamon's fb page and use the one he put together, which is also awesome and features Rudy's original box art!

    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...ydu8o1_500.jpg

    Thanks for the answer!

    I think i will first pre-order 2 castle grayskulls by weekend!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •