Page 9 of 186 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

I don't see how a Castle Grayskull can be large, well-made and affordable to any but the most elite collectors. Selling it in sections might work, but would a castle made up of sections either look good once assembled or be sturdy enough to stay assembled for any length of time?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not concerned about the price but if its really huge I can't get it. Not enough space here and I wouldn't want to buy it only to move it to storage. But yeah, I'm interested.

I would buy 2 of them in a heartbeat.

I would pay whatever Matty would charge

Please get this done!
    My Avatar is Robert Goulet as a stormtrooper holding a Fudgie the Whale Cake -

Yes, I want one. I'd buy any playset they put out, to be honest. Except that swan. Nothing says "rebel warrior" like a pretty swan to float on...

I do wish they would design one with new and interesting locations inside the castle. I never cared for the chair w/ rug like in the original design. The more Filmation, the better.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Absolutely! I'll only buy it if a Sorceress figure comes out (and if she does not share Teela's outfit), but I'd definately want to see one made!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Yes! I would absolutely buy one, but it must be huge!

If the Four Horsemen could bring the original box art castle to life, it would be the most amazing playset ever created.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    A MOTUC Castle Grayskull?! I want it right now!

Sign me up as well. I am sure Matty has been thinking about a Castle Grayskull and drafting up scenarios. I think it will happen...Tytus is a step in the right direction.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Absloutely! Count me in!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

hell yeah I want a Castle Grayskull
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

No brainer.

Definitely put me down for Castle Grayskull (and S.M.)

Yes I do buddy!

I absolutely want one, but to be fair I don't think you should tell people not to post in your thread if they don't. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post

1)Trust that the Four Horsemen will sculpt us a beautiful Castle Grayskull
    Look, I would love a new CG. But for the last time:

The Horsemen would not be the one's making playsets or vehicles. They may do some pre-lim designs (although highly doubtful) but all sculpting/fabrication/model making of playsets or vehicles are done in house or by an alternate vendor of Mattel.

The Horsemen had very little to do with the CGs design, nothing to do with it's sculpture/fab, and nothing to do with any vehicle (or most of the really bad alt versions of He-man & Skeletor) in the 2002 line.

They are primarily figure designers/sculptors and are far too busy doing that to have the time it takes to prototype a vehicle, much less an entire playset. Playsets can take up to a year to go from concept to production. The 4H are pumping out close to 50 figures (and all their respective accessories) a year, so it's just not feasable for them to do it.

Would I like to see them do it? Hell yes!

Will they ever be doing it? Antarctica has a better chance of becoming a summer vacation hot spot.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

I am totally interested in a Castle Grayskull for MOTU Classics! I would happily buy one that was well made, was in proper scale (BIG, BIG, BIG!), and was reasonably priced for the product we'd be getting.

Bring it on!

I would gladly buy one. I just would like that it looked like the reliquary that came with Scareglow!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I can't see any reason why anyone on these forums would oppose the idea. I'm in.

yeah I'm sure someone's going to say no to the idea of this being made, HAHAHA!

Anyway I'm in support for one!
    Horde Lord

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I can't see any reason why anyone on these forums would oppose the idea. I'm in.
    I think we just have to be patient! CG will come after the sales of tytus and smaller vehicles fly off the site. Mattel realises that there is money to be made from a beautifully done playset
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    YES! I'd love to have the ultimate Castle Grayskull!!!

I hope the Castle will be taller than the 200x version, because I always wanted a Castle Grayskull where BattleCat is able to go through the door with He-Man in the saddle!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Oh hell yeah.
    And make it huge!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    OF COURSE I'm supporting it!

Castle Grayskull is a must.

I think there has been enough demonstrated support for this line that Mattel can put away their fears and start work on the design for both CG and Snake Mountain. Personally, I'd rather Snake Mountain produced first, as I already have several Castle Grayskulls.

Echo the calls for a new Castle Grayskull to be HUGE. I would push for CG to be the height of the vintage Eternia playset, with 3 internal floor levels plus parapets. As this is an adult collectors line it is fair to go a few yards further than the 2 floors of past kid-market-focused versions of Castle Grayskull.

Let's face it, while the Eternia playset is very cool, it does grate on me that both vintage Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain playsets, which were so central to the MOTU mythos, were small in comparison.

Another cool request would be for the packaging box to be designed and artistically created to fold into a base for Castle Grayskull to sit on - even better would be to enclose a ramp (preferably FILMation style).