Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    That ladder doesn't look very safe. LOL

Drewsky...
    Call OSHA on em!!
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Replikor,

Not sure how you guys are calculating this, but here is what I did...

There are a total of 27 ticks (big and small) on the barometer to the goal line. We have filled the barometer 23 of those ticks. Basic division 23/27, yields a little more than 85 percent. If there is any logic behind this at all, that would lead me to believe we are about 15 percent short at the moment.

Bear in mind, the barometer hasn't been updated since later Friday afternoon. Since then, there have been at least 35-40 sales reported here on the org. Perhaps we could get an update going into the final day so we have an idea where it stands.

Fingers crossed he-fans and she-ravers!

Quote Originally Posted by charliecore View Post
    Not sure how you guys are calculating this, but here is what I did...

There are a total of 27 ticks (big and small) on the barometer to the goal line. We have filled the barometer 23 of those ticks. Basic division 23/27, yields a little more than 85 percent. If there is any logic behind this at all, that would lead me to believe we are about 15 percent short at the moment.

Bear in mind, the barometer hasn't been updated since later Friday afternoon. Since then, there have been at least 35-40 sales reported here on the org. Perhaps we could get an update going into the final day so we have an idea where it stands.

Fingers crossed he-fans and she-ravers!
    look at this meter to help figure your numbers out... it helps some...

[Personal Note, Meter was updated with a few more %'s from Ask Matty for better reference]

This Monday IS THE deadline for ordering!!!

DONT WAIT ANY LONGER!!! PLEASE PLACE YOUR PREORDER!!!

Last edited by Replikor; November 11, 2012 at 12:15am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    maybe, but are you willing to take the chance that it gets to 90% an fails just because you or others waited?
    I personally, yes...

To everyone burnt by the Hoverboard fiasco and why you SHOULD buy CG!

OK, so I completely feel you guys! The deal was simple - to get a 100% accurate movie prop replica. It couldn't go wrong, they even had the original prop in hand so it was a no-brainer and we all know how this ended.. And now you're asking yourself how can you trust Mattel again with your hard earn money?

All valid points, BUT I'm here to tell you that's not the same case here! There is no 'prop' to 'recreate' here! ;-) All there is, is a picture of an old prototype they will be working on so there really isn't anything to mess up! PLUS it's 4H and they are AWSOME!! Did you see their Wind Raider!!?? All those knobs, all those detail, the hidden compartments, it is a thing of beauty! Seriously, whatever these guys touch turns to gold! Sure, the 'design' stepped in on more then one occasion with some figures, deco, accessories etc but here, there is no 'translate into the toy' argument - it is as simple as making a mold and making the walls! :-) And that's what they did with WR and it is a piece of art!

And we know that 4H can deliver on CG - I mean they already given us a preview with ScareGlow! :-) So c'mon! Order one! Even if 1 YEAR FROM NOW when we start getting close to getting it and by then we've all seen a ton of images and reveals and you're still not happy - put it on Marketplace as a preorder, guaranteed there will be others who didn't know at the time or couldn't commit and will be happy to take it off your hands! You won't loose your money, and your vote of confidence for 4H now will make a long dream come true! Seriously, did you see their Battle Ram? And it was only a proto sculp! Look at your collection again, pass the 'design' choices here and there and ask yourself this - with every single figure they sculpted we got a fantastic refresh if not more of the original 1980s toy. Do you really doubt what they can do with CG!?!? To begin with - it will finally be in scale!!!

So c'mon guys, vote! Order! Make this dream a reality! Lets see what they can do with a proto shot - I for one know it will be the most fantastic thing we ever got! Even if the line ends after 2014 it will end with a BANG! The best 'ending' anyone could ever imagine! Who's with me!?
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Heroic Warrior
    While I appreciate your intentions, the problem is that you're ignoring the elephant in the room. The initial design team Mattel had on the Hoverboard was just like the 4H are with MOTUC (if you look at the NYTF version, it is vastly superior to the SDCC and NYCC versions).

Yet that design team we got was vastly inferior. Like the Hoverboard during the preorder stage; the Castle Grayskull preorder is being touted as a 4H design project - a design team as brilliantly capable of meeting the design brief for Castle Grayskull as Mattel's original design team was at producing a 100% movie accurate prop replica. As you said, everything the 4H touches with regards to this line turns to gold.

The problem comes when someone in senior Mattel management - the same individuals who made the terrible call to gut the Hoverboard design team - makes the potential call to take the 4H off this on the grounds of "profitability".

Would such a decision be popular with those who love the brand in Mattel? Hell no- what happened with the Hoverboard is proof of that. But it's clear that the weak link in the chain here has no, or minimal interest in their properties Mattel has and is primarily and most likely, solely interested in Mattel's bottom line.

That's the scary possibility here and for those of us being burned, we need reassurances that those individuals are being fully "managed" where Castle Grayskull is concerned.

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    It's been what since Motu classics started, 4 yrs almost. From King Grayskull to now it's been the 4H sculpting everything on this line. I'm sorry to those who got burnt by the hoverboard.

However, this is not the same situation the 4H will be behind this. As they where with many things like Battlecat, The Wind Raider, countless motu classics figs have been done by the 4h.

If someone dosn't order Castle Grayskull cause they think The 4H will be pulled off, just like whoever was when it came to the hoverboard.
    All i can ask is to really sit back think and hopefully relize that its been 4 yrs or so and its been the 4H on everything Motu Classics.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Couldn't agree more - what would be the point in pulling them off while they have almost exclusive rights when it comes to MOTUC. The line goes into 2014 (assuming fans support) so what, they would work on everything else apart of the CG? Let's be honest, if that was the case, I would cancel my card and they would never see a dime coming out of my account. But, if we don't stand as one now, and make the pledge, we will never have the chance to find out! Not now not ever again! Now you tell me, isn't that worth to at least try and see what comes out of it? It IS now or never! I sure am willing to take that risk and as I said, if this turns out to be a scam in the end I will be the one scamming them, but at least I will give them a benefit of a doubt and see what comes out of it - if I don't it will forever remain in the realm of 'what if'. And lets be frank - even when the movie is a go and a CG then is a go, it has been said on couple of occasions, it will be movie based so we will NEVER get the chance like this to own a 'refresh' well deserved of the original CG even if based on the proto and not entirely on cartoon (which I coudln't care less with all those exagerated by the perspective jaw bridge teeth) or the exact original toy but rather combining all that's best about all those designs into one fantastic scupt 'made by' the one and only 4H - the only reason I still collect this line! :-D

So go on - order one, and if you don't like it, sell it before it even gets shipped! But in the meantime lets give this thing a fighting chance! OK, I'm off now, Tesco is here with my groceries ;-P
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

It's getting down to the wire.

I'm not sure the meter actually conforms to logic. I could be wrong, but I've seen folks making their own estimates and they differ from what Scott announces online. I think "We're getting close!" is the best true estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm not sure the meter actually conforms to logic. I could be wrong, but I've seen folks making their own estimates and they differ from what Scott announces online. I think "We're getting close!" is the best true estimate.
    If your referring to my chart Val, the percentages actually come from Ask Matty, Facebook, and comments by Toy Guru directly and used the actual thermometer image present at the time of the current percentage announcement.

So I did my best to keep it 100% accurate to the information [we] were allowed to see.

If your referring to my chart Val, the percentages actually come from Ask Matty, Facebook, and comments by Toy Guru directly and used the actual thermometer image present at the time of the current percentage announcement.

So I did my best to keep it 100% accurate to the information [we] were allowed to see.
    Nope, not yours. I'm talking about when folks try to estimate what it means based on the tick marks. It's fun to do! But I don't think the thermometer graphic is accurate to the actual announced percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Nope, not yours. I'm talking about when folks try to estimate what it means based on the tick marks. It's fun to do! But I don't think the thermometer graphic is accurate to the actual announced percentages.
    ah.. my bad... lol

I wasn't specific enough (sorry about that!), so it was a fair assumption on your part.

It would suck if we only got 95%... I would hope if we were that close, there would be a "grace" amount that would still allow it to get made. So hopefully the 100% that they are asking for is taking a grace amount into consideration.

I hope people know what I mean... it was a jumbled thought.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by mdhollywood247 View Post
    It's been what since Motu classics started, 4 yrs almost. From King Grayskull to now it's been the 4H sculpting everything on this line. I'm sorry to those who got burnt by the hoverboard.

However, this is not the same situation the 4H will be behind this. As they where with many things like Battlecat, The Wind Raider, countless motu classics figs have been done by the 4h.

If someone dosn't order Castle Grayskull cause they think The 4H will be pulled off, just like whoever was when it came to the hoverboard.
    All i can ask is to really sit back think and hopefully relize that its been 4 yrs or so and its been the 4H on everything Motu Classics.
    Just because something is "sculpted, designed or painted"by the 4H, doesn't mean it will be as intended once the final product comes out, look at Stinkor, Sorceress, Frosta, Dekker...etc, Mattel is Mattel, and just because the 4H sculpt this beast, Mattel still has the final say so in how it looks....don't fool yourself into thinking it won't happen, the 4H are contracted, therefore they are still like Mattel employees.

I hope the Castle happens, I do, I want one myself, I just am still trying to make sure I can free up the money so I can have it when it comes in a years time....selling 2013 unwanted figures....etc....and no, as I said before I cannot budget another $20 - $30 a month over my already high toy budget for a $300 toy playset that is likely to stay in the box due to space issues. I already bought a sub, and there will be out of sub figures, plus I collect other lines....I just can't commit by tomorrow personally, I sprung on the sub to help the line, but I can't do the same for CG.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    If u can't preorder cause of budget reasons, i get that. All im saying is if someone is worried that the 4h will be pulled off Grayskull i hope would relize that wont happen.

As far as Mattel changing the 4h work with the exeption of the Sorceress, everything else was production errors. I dont buy Stinkor was a design choice.

They rarley change the sclupt on these things. BTW what is wrong with Dekker.

If someone dont preorder for whatever reason that is their right. All im saying is if ur fear is the 4H would be pulled off Grayskull please dont' fool yourself.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    BTW what is wrong with Dekker.
    I suppose they're referring to TG stating he made sure the young Dekker head had a Duncan-style mustache instead of the goatee the 4H originally sculpted for it.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I'm a 200X guy...don't own a single MOTUC figure...but I ordered two of these Saturday. I really hope the goal is reached. I thought it would be a slam dunk when it was announced, but clearly that's not the case. I was thinking if CG was made that a new Snake Mountain could be a possibility. But if CG has been this tough to sell, then that's just a pipe dream. If overseas shipping wasn't so high the goal would have probably been met already but there's really no cheap way to ship something that large with tracking. Still got my fingers crossed though.

red bar for castle grayskull

So I never complain or really post to much on here, but this has got me kinda mad. I have been watching the red thermometer bar on castle grayskull just to see where its at everyday....Im very excited about it. Not working right now I usually check it several times a day. Yesterday we were only 3 slashes away. Last night we were 5 slashes away. Been counting these faithfully. How in the heck did we go backwards????

I would like a CG, but I just don't feel committed to preorder before tonight's deadline. I'm pretty sure at this point that the castle will be made, but I'm not going to commit to something until I know it is 100% going to happen. So, if CG does get green-lighted after today, then I will put in my preorder. If it doesn't happen, then I just saved $300+ next year.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

If u can't preorder cause of budget reasons, i get that. All im saying is if someone is worried that the 4h will be pulled off Grayskull i hope would relize that wont happen.

As far as Mattel changing the 4h work with the exeption of the Sorceress, everything else was production errors. I dont buy Stinkor was a design choice.

They rarley change the sclupt on these things. BTW what is wrong with Dekker.

If someone dont preorder for whatever reason that is their right. All im saying is if ur fear is the 4H would be pulled off Grayskull please dont' fool yourself.
    Mattel can override the 4H sculpts anytime they like, and for the things that Ruben has done in the line so far, and been behind, Black Plastic, Stinkor's forearms, I don't put it past them to do something that the 4H didn't do, and change things around....the 4H will sculpt it for sure, but once it gets into Mattel's hands....that's when it's anyones guess, they don't like something, something needs to be changed for cost, design....Mattel will take it upon themselves to change whatever they like....that was the point, and it always affects the 4H sculpt, always.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Hereīs my theory about the thermometer:
    Matty said we need about the same number of pre-orders as subscribers for 2013.
    Subs for 2013 came in at 135%.
    Now, if you take this number (135) and count the ticks, you need to assume that every tick equals a rise of 5. (whatever that 5 means) and you eventually come to the goal being 135. Coincidence?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

look at this meter to help figure your numbers out... it helps some...

[Personal Note, Meter was updated with a few more %'s from Ask Matty for better reference]
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/378...lthermomet.jpg
    [/B]
    Replikor! You are certainly on top of that meter man!

- - - Updated - - -

On a different note, I had hoped this wouldn't be on the table, but I'm afraid it's a real possibility. I am very interested in Val's and the MODs opinion on this question.

What happens if CG does not make the minimum order mark? How are we going to prevent a vitriol backlash?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    What happens if CG does not make the minimum order mark? How are we going to prevent a vitriol backlash?
    Simple. We don't.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats