Thread: Sorceress 2.0 Request Thread

Heroic Warrior

Sorceress 2.0 Request Thread

Alright, I'll be the one to get it started: We need to have a proper Sorceress! So here's what we need:

Exact same Filmation design, but with the wings corrected and female 1.0 buck. I'd personally like to see the entire inside of her wings orange, but it's not neccessary. Even if they use the female 2.0 buck, they need to get the wings right. The wings could even work like they did on the vintage figure. The Sorceress could have and should have been one of the best figures in this line. The sculpt is beautiful, but I don't know what Mattel was thinking when they came up with how the wings would work.

Already? I dont have her in hand yet, so I dont know for certain, but I dont see anything wrong with her now.

Actually I could see how they may have done her wings like Shadow Weaver's cloak, but seriously, I like how she's done, big arm pegs and all. I like how the wings fold, and if that's how they had to do it, so be it.

Mind you, I respect that Pixel Dan though perhaps they should have attached to the bicep, but I can just picture that and I have no doubt that it wouldnt in fact work as well for her as this option.

2.0 Teela far more neccesary, and I dont even want that.

What does anyone else think? Sound off.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i think i will be fine with the Sorceress the way she is. i'll probably try & pick up the all white version if i can.
    2.0 Sorceress... no. 2.0 teela yes! i would like a pog veena more than a 2.0 Sorceress.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    My issues with Sorceress aren't even the wings! I'm fine with the pegs on the back because I plan on displaying her only in her iconic spread wings arms to the side pose.

Here's what I'd like improved for Sorceress 2.0:

- One piece dress. (that horizontal cut across the middle is very distracting)
    - 1.0 pelvis/legs. (which still are far superior than the 2.0 legs)
    - Spell casting hand. (I'd actually like both hands to be open but I'll take one of each)
    - Teela boots. (don't like the feather boots at all)
    - and lastly and obviously, the pegs on the shoulders need to go.

Sorceress is one of my most loved characters and I feel that her MOTUC version is one of the most underwhelming. The 1.0 body with a Soft 1 piece dress would have made for the most incredible feminine poses!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Before we competely tear the first release apart let's have her in out hands before we make decisions.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Before we competely tear the first release apart let's have her in out hands before we make decisions.
    A closed hand is a closed hand; I don't need to have her in hand to know I want an open hand.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I think I'll be okay with what we're getting. Of course, if a 2.0 cones, I'll buy it! I will, in the meantime, get the first and hope to own the TOD version too.

I also want 200X, pink, NA toon and comic versions, and I'd love Veena, Sorceress Teela, and young Teela'Na figures.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I'm with the OP on this... I don't need to have her in hand to see that this design was a bad call. They obviously sacrificed her look to make the wings do what they do. No one asked for this, did they? Why couldn't they just attach her wings a different way, a way that doesn't make the Sorceress look like she has reverse cannons on the back of her shoulders.