Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil Flying Character

Evil Flying Character

Skeletor Evil Warrior who can fly. The good guys have Statos and Buzz Off, even The Sorceress if you count Zoar.

I wouldn't mind an all new evil warrior who could fly. Maybe someone with demon, or bat-like wings. Or an evil Avonian character.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Well, if Filmation wasn't off limits, I'd say a 4 Horsemen version of Batros would have been ideal.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

To me any new characters kinda defeat the purpose of calling them classics

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Skeletor Evil Warrior who can fly. The good guys have Statos and Buzz Off, even The Sorceress if you count Zoar.

I wouldn't mind an all new evil warrior who could fly. Maybe someone with demon, or bat-like wings. Or an evil Avonian character.
    I'd be all for it. A demon-type character would look good.

Heroic Warrior
    As soon as i saw this thread, Batros came to mind.

I'm all for the original characters being re-made. That's the idea of the MOTUC line.

At the same time, i'm loving the new figures we're getting that have never been produced before. Like King Grayskull and He-Ro.

Just make them all!!!

Darth Bong

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I think the characters called the Chiropterans (sp?) were really cool in the 200x styled comics and they were a flying race and there were also the Speleans were potential villanous characters from the 200x cartoon.

Since they were characters from the MYP and the Comic I would think they would be allowed to be made in this line.

Toby
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Heroic Warrior
    Another flying filmation villain - Vultak. But to be honest, i thought he looked a lame like False Face. MYP did reinvent and create some really cool characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally I wouldn't really have a problem with a new character once in a while. Maybe one a year. Like He-Ro. I agree the main focus should be on the older characters, but I did miss some of the later characters, and all the NA Characters, so they are like brand new characters to me anyway

Also there were a lot of LAME characters in the later lines, that I would LOVE newer characters before we ever got them. If I had to choose between Dragstor or Blastattack and The King Lion guy from MYP... Ohh I know who I want first

But yeah, People shouldn't have to wait too long for their personal favorite character so we can get a never seen guy. Maybe one, Two tops a year. And if they used the comiCon slots then they wouldn't even take up a months spot in the subscriptions.

Perhaps if we ever see Demo-Man made.. maybe he will have wings.. and be bat/demon like?

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    To me any new characters kinda defeat the purpose of calling them classics

I think using the 2002 designs and/or characters does as well. Unfortunately, there's still a bunch of people who prefer the 21st century version of He-Man over the original.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm sure Skeletor could fly if he wanted to. Ooh look at my post number that's numberwang!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    When I was a kid back when the original toyline came out, when my friends and I first heard of Buzz Off, we assumed he was evil. Both because the Heroic Warriors already had a flying warrior with Stratos, and because Buzz Off did look a little evil on first glance.

I've always thought there should be a wasp counterpart for Buzz Off ("Waspo?"). It would be easy to produce since many of Buzz Off's parts could be reused.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Really is Skeletor
    The lack of an evil flyer has been on my mind. Of course, there's no good guy underwater either. Hmm... good above and bad below...
    Tyler J Maciolek

Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23 View Post
    The lack of an evil flyer has been on my mind. Of course, there's no good guy underwater either. Hmm... good above and bad below...
    Well, there is the New Adventures character Hydron. And the proposed 2nd season of NA was supposed to have the Guardians & Mutants arriving on Eternia with He-Man and Skeletor, so then Mer-Man would have had a heroic counter-part.

But we still need a proper flying villain. It's one of the reasons why I never cared for Stratos, as he has no airbourne adversary to fight.

I always figured the bad-guys didn't have a flier because they didn't really need one ... so many of them have long-range attacks (Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops if you like him having optic-blasts, etc.) that they can just shoot down the flier from the ground.

The other reason they don't really need one is because, well ... all Stratos really does is fly. He's never really been depicted as a big fighter (which I think is a shame - flying-monkey-dudes are COOL).

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bong View Post
    As soon as i saw this thread, Batros came to mind.

I'm all for the original characters being re-made. That's the idea of the MOTUC line.

At the same time, i'm loving the new figures we're getting that have never been produced before. Like King Grayskull and He-Ro.

Just make them all!!!

Darth Bong
    I agree.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I think using the 2002 designs and/or characters does as well. Unfortunately, there's still a bunch of people who prefer the 21st century version of He-Man over the original.
    Have to disagree there. Just because it's called 'classics' doesn't mean they have to strictly stick to the old & outdated (imo, inferior) designs.
    Transformers had a line called 'classics' but none of them used the original toy molds or original designs. Yet they still resembled the characters just the same, but as toys were much better.
    If they can make something look/function better, I'm all for it. The vintage line is out there for anyone who wants those. they don't need to rehash that again when they can make motu so much better imo.

'Classics' refers to the toyline/mythology as a whole, imo. MOTU is a 'classic' toyline. That doesn't neccessarily apply to the characters and /or their designs. He-man is a 'classic' character, but that doesn't mean they should/have to only make the orignal version & not the other He-mans as well.
    As far as new characters/designs go....If there isn't going to be anything new offered in the new toyline, then what's the whole incentive to collect it? why would anyone want another toyline that's the same characters/designs they've already had for 20+ years or could pick up on ebay at any given time? makes no sense to me. For any new toyline to thrive they have to make new characters/sculpts/designs that haven't already been done before.

I say, bring on new characters that have never been made, and have some 200x elements to make each one more unique. If i wanted them all to look like clones, i'd stick with the old figs & not bother with the new. It's hard to say if motu will ever get another chance, so they should make them the best they can be & not have this 'strictly-stick-to-old-designs-cause-it's-called-classics' mentality. Maybe they should go back to having their legs held on by rubber bands, and have rubber heads, arms that pop off, etc. cause its 'classic'. lol, thanks but no thanks.

Everyone has their preferences, i suppose. hopefully everyone will get what they want out of the new toyline in due time.

Maybe some people prefer the 21st century He-man because it's the one they know/watched on tv? Not every motu fan was around in 1982....Don't forget that. 'classic' to one isn't neccessarily 'classic' to all. I've been a He-fan since the Filmation days, & I know a better design when i see it. old=better for some characters, but not for all of them imo. maybe you don't want new characters/designs, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be made. some of us do want new things out of a new toyline, otherwise what's the point? the motuc line is meant to include everything that's part of motu, regardless of which 'era/year/toyline' it's from. That's what makes it a potentially great toyline imo.

on to topic- yeah the villans really don't need a flying guy, since so many of them are magic and can just shoot the flyer out of the sky. If they ever get the rights to filmation characters, then Batros could be made. The heroes have no underwater guys, and function just fine without one.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

The integrity of the word "Classics" is so not a priority to me. I want Faceless One, Keldor, Carinvous, Marzo, Marlena, Illumina, Sirse, Dactys, Praavus, Calix, etc, and I won't compromise that because someone wants the line to be limited to a smaller selection. As far as I care, the word refers to the proportions and aesthetic of the sculpts/designs, not the character availability. I already have to give up my Shadow Weaver, I should not have to give up anymore.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    When I was a kid back when the original toyline came out, when my friends and I first heard of Buzz Off, we assumed he was evil. Both because the Heroic Warriors already had a flying warrior with Stratos, and because Buzz Off did look a little evil on first glance.

I've always thought there should be a wasp counterpart for Buzz Off ("Waspo?"). It would be easy to produce since many of Buzz Off's parts could be reused.
    Waspo?Hmm.....................................I may steal that Idea.................................
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

In the 2002 comic, Emiliano and I were going to have a bad guy called Waspor that was part of Skeletor's crew, as a counterpart to Buzz-Off.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And I hope to see you all at Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In the 2002 comic, Emiliano and I were going to have a bad guy called Waspor that was part of Skeletor's crew, as a counterpart to Buzz-Off.
    Them were days filled with hope and dreams.

The comic would have had sooooo many great possibilities.

First those Mirroworld, Batros-esque guys, and then Waspor! So much potential that never saw the light of day.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Waspo?Hmm.....................................I may steal that Idea.................................
    Be my guest
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

OMG! I loved the MVC characters and want more! Illumina, Might Bite, and now Waspor! I hope we'll be seeing that design somehow...someday...

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    OMG! I loved the MVC characters and want more! Illumina, Might Bite, and now Waspor! I hope we'll be seeing that design somehow...someday...
    Might Bite? Who is that, Illumina's cat companion?