Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Horde Troopers

Awesome!! I never had any of these back in the day (didn't even know they existed back then) so I'd love to get my hands on some good robot grunts for MotUC! I was excited ever since I saw those original figures, tell ya the truth. I was always a fan of the heros fighting hordes of robots, 'cause then I didn't have any qualms with cutting them apart!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Really !
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Interesting ideas. Makes me wonder about an army builder for the royal/palace guard based on Man-At-Arms' body.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Hey what about a battlewornTrooper?

I gotta be frank and admit that I think that Hasbro's going overboard with some of their army builder repaints, and I certainly wouldn't be positive of some of the color schemes here like the Anti Snake Men Horde Trooper.

But I totally dig the Marine Trooper, Batmek Pilot and especially the Retro Trooper! I'd also buy General Hordak and He-Trooper in a heartbeat! Awesome work there, Emil, I really hope that Mattel or at least the Horsemen keep some of your "MotUC Vision" in mind!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Must.... have...

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i wish they get on the ball and start making there babys soon
    Great Work again Emiliano

Brilliant work again Em!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Retro Trooper and the Batmek Pilot!!

(not too keen on the desert, jungle ones etc but great ideas to make use of the molds!!)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    These are some cool concepts and I like the overall design of the trooper, but there are way too many variants.

Also, I would want a proper looking Horde logo on the Trooper's chest. The one shown here is based on the look of the original trooper toy, who's horde logo looked odd because the face portion of it served as a button to make him "explode". Since this sort of action feature is not being included in this line, I don't see the point in keeping the logo looking that way.

And honestly, if I were to buy enough of them to build an army (I couldn't see getting more than 6 to 8 of them for any army, plus 1 more to keep MOC, if even that many given what they cost) , I would want them to all pretty much be the consistent looking, traditional Horde Troopers. I wouldn't want one normal one, plus desert variant, a scooba variant, etc. And if there were going to be variants, there'd better be a way to pick which ones you want so that we don't just get random ones.

I do like the retro Horde Trooper. If they could legally make that version, I think it would just make sense to make the regular Horde Trooper and then give the retro head as a second, swapable head. And maybe make the shoulder pads removable or something. That way, it would be easy to get the two different looks.

The removable head factor would make it fairly easy to make somethig along the lines of the Hordak or He-Man pictured. And if anyone would want those other variants, they could just repaint the regular trooper.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    And honestly, if I were to buy enough of them to build an army (I couldn't see getting more than 6 to 8 of them for any army, plus 1 more to keep MOC, if even that many given what they cost) , I would want them to all pretty much be the consistent looking, traditional Horde Troopers. I wouldn't want one normal one, plus desert variant, a scooba variant, etc. And if there were going to be variants, there'd better be a way to pick which ones you want so that we don't just get random ones.
    I thingk it was obvious that I meant variants as bonus figures or exclusive done in addition to the regular one. No one would be forced to buy them

Horde Trooper require a unique sculpt. And that is a no rioght now for MOTUC.
    The whole idea is to prove that even with unique tooling, there is a way to use them to make multiple versions and make money to justify the cost.

totally diggin this dude! great job as always
    Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Check out my Customs at Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

Now I'd actually buy these. I've never really been a huge fan of the Horde Trooper. I only planned on buying one or two but these.. would give me a reason to buy more. The pilot,elite,comando and marine are favorites in that order.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome designs again and I especially love the He-man variant. That's one of the best scenes from Sword of Power. LOL, He-man's blonde lockes peaking from the helmet. Priceless.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I thingk it was obvious that I meant variants as bonus figures or exclusive done in addition to the regular one. No one would be forced to buy them

Horde Trooper require a unique sculpt. And that is a no rioght now for MOTUC.
    The whole idea is to prove that even with unique tooling, there is a way to use them to make multiple versions and make money to justify the cost.
    Very good and fair points.

However, I do wonder, when and if they actually get around to making an actual Horde Trooper, maybe they could reuse some existing parts.

Since the figure likely wouldn't have the exploding action feature, they could use the standardized Torso (at least the upper part) and make the armor snap over it. Perhaps even some of the armor on the arms and legs could be something that attaches over some of the existing molds. Granted, some new parts for the body, itself, would likely be needed, but I don't think it would be impossible for them to make a proper looking Horde Trooper with some pre-existing parts.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I don't think Mattel will have to worry too much about doing repaints to justify a unique sculpt for a Horde Trooper. Many folks who would normally only buy one figure will likely want more than one in order to build an army, thus allowing Mattel to quickly recoup costs with added sales.

I'd definitely buy all of these. Nice job
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Disco Skeletor....sweet. where can I pick him up?

I think getting the troopers into the line would be great for all those that want to army build and having the variations is a great idea. Would love to see these on Matty or dare I say on the shelf at my local toy store.

wow, just wow! you are the man, Emiliano!!! i really dig the different versions!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Heroic Warrior
    It would be interesting to see how many regular fans would be buying the limit of 10 Horde Troopers when/if these guys show up. One can justify that the Horde Troopers would probably be the fastest sell out just because there are a lot of fans that will want to give Hordak that imperial robot army, and when you think about it, since all the Horde figures consist of original body parts, I think it would be smart of Mattel to release the Horde Trooper as the next Horde figure, except for Catra of course, since we know the POP mold is coming soon.

Nice work! I love Horde Troopers!

Emilliano!... you done it again. amazing art work. its like you took the imperial troops from star wars and made if for MOTU. I love it. what is next. skeletors skeleton minions?
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    motuc horde trooper!? how on earth have i not thought about it before?? I would buy buy buy

AWESOMEEE!!! Horde Trooper in style Filmation is my favourite!!

Heroic Warrior
    These are awesome, I would like to see these in figure form.