Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.17!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.17!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 17 questions!

-------------------

1. Will He-Ro's sales be a way to see if some of the more obscure characters that existed only as a prototype before will be able to be made in the MOTUC line? (for example: Eldor, The Star Sisters and Glory Bird, and Mara from NA, etc.)
    Technically yes, but we have always planned on brining these figures into the line in time.

2. Since we have learned there will be a chase He-Ro (with a different staff jewel color), will there also be any differences between the He-Ro figure offered at SDCC and the He-Ro figure offered on MattyCollector.com after SDCC?
    Yes there will be. The different colored Spell Stones will be available both online and at the show (with Green being the most common). But there will also be an additional minor difference for the SDCC version. We will reveal more details about closer to the show.

3. Will you produce He-ro in the same quantity as the monthly figures or will it be more limited because it's a exclusive?
    Yes, with the total production split between what is going to the show and what is sold online. But we are producing in total about the same amount as a current monthly figure.

4. Will the limit for exclusives be lowered from 10 when the SDCC exclusives go on sale on Matty Collector, similar to how it was done with Faker?
    Yes. The exclusives will be sold online in the same quantities/limits available at the show.

5. It's been announced that the next NYCC won't be until Oct of 2010.
    That means after SDCC this year, the next opportunity for an exclusive figure won't be untill SDCC rolls around again in July of 2010! Is it possible to see a He-Man.org exclusive or some other sort of exclusive/extra figure between the two SDCC shows?

We will only be doing MOTUC exclusives for large conventions. There will not be any exclusive figures for any other websites whether an etailer or a fan site for the time being.

6. With all the major faction "leaders" released thus far (He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak), does this mean that King Hiss will be coming in the near future?
    Eventually. But we are planning to space out the key “leaders” a bit.

7. Exactly how far out have you planned the line thus far? For instance, do you know who's going to be the May figure in 2011?
    We have the line “roughly” worked out for the next few years with enough space and flexibility to accommodate any changes such as fan requests and new characters that become available. This is done mostly for tooling so that we can accommodate when certain tools will become available, (such as when will we get to the claw’d hand, with Buzz-Off or Clawful first etc…). The May 2011 figure (unless things change, which they always do) will tentatively be The Faceless One.

8. Is the Wonder Twins bird accessory going to be used for a Zoar and/or Screeech repaint, perhaps with some extra armour and a stand?
    A good possibility! Much of the same team works on DCUC and MOTUC and we are trying to be smart with our tooling. We’re not just shooting blind here!

9. It's been stated that Teela will have a variant. Will this variant be a random chase, an exclusive, or will it take a monthly action-figure slot at Matty Collector?
    She will have an extra head, but there will not be a variant.

10. A number of international fans are getting figures with two right feet, wrong legs, etc. When they contact Mattel for a replacement, they are only offered refunds. These fans feel it is unfair because customers inside the USA get replacements for damaged cards while people outside the USA can't get a replacement for a messed up action-figure. Why is this?
    We realize this is an inconvenience and are actively working to rectify this in the near future.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 19!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 17 questions!

We have the line “roughly” worked out for the next few years with enough space and flexibility to accommodate any changes such as fan requests and new characters that become available.

I like the sound of this answer! (IMO) it sounds like if Filmation or WB/Cannon movie charcters do become available to Mattel would be able to slot them into the line. Could this be a glimmer of hope for Shadow Weaver? Maybe Matty is internally lobbying Mattel legal to sort out some kind of deal?

So no Teela variant, but what does this mean for the Green Goddess repaint? I hope we still get that version.
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 6, 2009 at 08:06pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

The Faceless One?

This line better survive until 2011!
    END OF LINE

Man what a tease!! 2 years wait for the Faceless one??....
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Yay Faceless One!

Boo difference between SDCC He-Ro and Mattycollector.com He-Ro!

Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Well, it seems that Hiss and She-Ra won't be released before 2010...

The hint at the Faceless One is quite a good news, IMO. This means we might see that figure produced... finally !

Teela with 2 different heads : awesome news !

Once again, we have the same BS from Mattel regarding the "messed up action figure" problem : "We realize this is an inconvenience and are actively working to rectify this in the near future". Seems we heard it all, already !

Once more, we learn a sad news regarding He-Ro : he will be produced in the same amount as Mer-Man... So we can expect more rush at SDCC, on Mattycollector and on Ebay, and probably more disappointed and angry fans !

The "smart tooling" element lets me think that Mattel will probably use the existing pieces to the maximum before using new pieces which need retooling... So I guess we can expect Moss Man, Stinkor and Prince Adam very soon.

The reference to the Buzz-Off and Clawful clawed hands give us another hint for the beginning of 2010, I suppose.

Yeah, hopefully there will only be a very small difference between SDCC and Matty's He-Ro! But still I am mighty grateful for Mattel giving fans who don't attend SDCC the chance to get a He-Ro on mattycollector!
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 6, 2009 at 08:46pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    What a great tease with the mention of the Faceless One. I hope they stick to that date and didn't just make up that answer on the spot. What do you think he means when talking about spacing out the key "leaders"? Does that mean figures that WE consider leaders or figures that THEY think are leaders?

I plan on buying a He Ro off of ebay anyway, so hopefully if I can grab one on Matty as well, I can get both variants.

I don't think Ebay is such a bad deal for SDCC "preorders"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    "2. Since we have learned there will be a chase He-Ro (with a different staff jewel color), will there also be any differences between the He-Ro figure offered at SDCC and the He-Ro figure offered on MattyCollector.com after SDCC?
    Yes there will be. The different colored Spell Stones will be available both online and at the show (with Green being the most common). But there will also be an additional minor difference for the SDCC version. We will reveal more details about closer to the show. -

This is a Poor news. Specially the part that says:-But there will also be an additional minor difference for the SDCC version.-
    on the other hand,

"7. Exactly how far out have you planned the line thus far? For instance, do you know who's going to be the May figure in 2011?
    We have the line “roughly” worked out for the next few years with enough space and flexibility to accommodate any changes such as fan requests and new characters that become available. This is done mostly for tooling so that we can accommodate when certain tools will become available, (such as when will we get to the claw’d hand, with Buzz-Off or Clawful first etc…). The May 2011 figure (unless things change, which they always do) will tentatively be The Faceless One."

This is an awesome great news!!!
    Last edited by hhhelmsley; May 6, 2009 at 08:06pm.

Allright, good news on the faceless one!! This line is turning out awesome I just wish we could up the numbers from 1 to two a month!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    1. Will He-Ro's sales be a way to see if some of the more obscure characters that existed only as a prototype before will be able to be made in the MOTUC line? (for example: Eldor, The Star Sisters and Glory Bird, and Mara from NA, etc.)
    Technically yes, but we have always planned on brining these figures into the line in time.
    Man I wish we could get the month and year on all of those!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yay Faceless One!

Boo difference between SDCC He-Ro and Mattycollector.com He-Ro!

Pretty much.
    Yay for the Facless One and the future of the line.

Down with Mattel for the way they handle He-Ro.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So....

...Teela won't have a variant. So the blonde vs redhead debate still rages.

...Faceless One in May 2011. Get to work figuring out what parts he will share.

And probably most importantly, things aren't set in stone for the far future! Time to fire up a thread as to who do we want in the line the most, the soonest.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Not bad. I'll hold judgment on the He-Ro difference until I see what it is.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    7. Exactly how far out have you planned the line thus far? For instance, do you know who's going to be the May figure in 2011?
    We have the line “roughly” worked out for the next few years with enough space and flexibility to accommodate any changes such as fan requests and new characters that become available. This is done mostly for tooling so that we can accommodate when certain tools will become available, (such as when will we get to the claw’d hand, with Buzz-Off or Clawful first etc…). The May 2011 figure (unless things change, which they always do) will tentatively be The Faceless One.
    YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the MOST awesome and MOST evil thing ToyGuru's ever done! This is gonna be a LONG two years but I am sure WORTH IT! I am so excited about that news! That's a figure I've wanted most from the 200X series for a while now!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Pretty much.
    Yay for the Facless One and the future of the line.

Down with Mattel for the way they handle He-Ro.
    I agree, chase figures are good for toy hunting scenarios.

IF a Green Goddess is done, she's a separate character from Teela.

Would you call Faker a He-Man variant?

(Y'see how I hold onto hope like that? Y'see? )
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    IF a Green Goddess is done, she's a separate character from Teela.

Would you call Faker a He-Man variant?

(Y'see how I hold onto hope like that? Y'see? )
    Come on Green Goddess
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

i liked the Q&A overall. there were some pretty good answers.

i LOVED the fact that the faceless one was mentioned AND SPECIFIED for may 2011. man....2 years....

i am not liking the "minor difference" for he-ro but will reserve judgement on what mattel thinks is "minor". i am not a completist by any means. i just want 2 he-ros dang it.

hopefully with a limit(of 4 prob) they wont sell out as fast and last a few hours like faker.

i pretty much could have answered the other questions since they seem like logical answers and are the answers yo'd expect them to say.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm curious to see how the 4H will bring some "Classic" style to a Faceless One figure. I hope he isn't just a male Evil-Lyn. Does this mean that Buzz-Off will use the Clawful lobster claws in MOTUC? It's all personal preference I suppose, I just wish these figures could be 95% classic inspired while making some of the more logical changes from the 2K line stick i.e., Buzz-Off with insect hands, and Stratos with detailed fully formed feet. It's great to hear that they've planned out so far ahead, here's hoping for a long life for MOTUC. This is going to be fun!

Movie mayhem!
    wait so... the jewel things is a chase situation for both the con AND online? so then there is going to be ANOTHER difference for the con version? Just when people kinda cooled down and decide just the jewel thing would be an ook different.... here we go ... lol

Hey Everyone,

Some really positive stuff in there about a range of things. I am really loving what we are hearing about He-Ro. I am also really happy to hear about some future plans for the line, such as, The Faceless One, Buzz Off, Clawful, Zoar, Screech. It is also cool to hear that some of the major leaders that we have not seen are still in the pipeline, i.e. King Hiss, She-Ra, Catra, Flogg, etc. Not to mention the potential for characters, such as, Eldor, The Star Sisters, Glory Bird, and Mara from "NA" This is a really optimistic day for me. My Mer-Man orders for myself and my friend arrived today. A Happy Day to be a "MotU" fan.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Last edited by Fisto; May 6, 2009 at 10:29pm.
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

1. I have no problem at all with the He-Ro figure actually being sold at the con having something different from the one sold on Mattycollector.com. Why? He's a CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE! I just consider myself lucky that he'll be offered at all on online as close to the con figure that we are getting.

2. Excellent news about the Faceless One! I have no doubt that the line will last into 2011 and beyond!

3. Also excellent news about other prototype figures being brought into the line like the Star Sisters…Tallstar will be VERY happy with that bit of news!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I bet the difference with the two versions of He-Ro will be the abb crunch armour on the matty collector version vs the exposed abs version at SDCC! It could be that Matty collector's He-Ro won't have the cosmic version of the power sword. I don't see how their can be any other small physical difference, unless it's a change in the packaging.
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 6, 2009 at 10:54pm.