Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.17!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I bet the difference with the two versions of He-Ro will be the abb crunch armour on the matty collector version vs the exposed abs version at SDCC! It could be that Matty collector's He-Ro won't have the cosmic version of the power sword. I don't see how their can be any other small physical difference, unless it's a change in the packaging.
    The only thing that I will consider small would be something in the package.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    IF a Green Goddess is done, she's a separate character from Teela.

Would you call Faker a He-Man variant?

(Y'see how I hold onto hope like that? Y'see? )
    Well, seeing how we're getting rereleases and such, clearly Mattel doesn't "need" to have a timeline placed on using certain molds.

Meaning that yeah, just because GG won't be released alongside Teela (which would be the smart thing IMO if they have the ability to do so!) doesn't mean we won't see her.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    9. It's been stated that Teela will have a variant. Will this variant be a random chase, an exclusive, or will it take a monthly action-figure slot at Matty Collector?
    She will have an extra head, but there will not be a variant.
    Hey ToyGuru, any chance you could clear this up since Green Goddess was one of the first characters pictured when the line was announced at last year's NYCC? Is Baena correct in his awesomely optimistic thinking that she's a completely separate character from Teela, just as we wouldn't call Faker a He-Man variant?

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE FACELESS ONE NEWS!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I bet the difference with the two versions of He-Ro will be the abb crunch armour on the matty collector version vs the exposed abs version at SDCC! It could be that Matty collector's He-Ro won't have the cosmic version of the power sword. I don't see how their can be any other small physical difference, unless it's a change in the packaging.
    I highly doubt that the change in armour design could be called "minor". Hopefully it's just a packaging difference but I can see the sword being a potential candidate for the change.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    This is a Poor news. Specially the part that says:-But there will also be an additional minor difference for the SDCC version.-
    on the other hand,

[/B]
    I really don't understand this stuff.
    This means that there will be 6 versions of He-ro!

I remember a statement from mattel... no variants... no chase figures...

Great Q&A with the other stuff though!

I like this Q&A for the most part. I don't mind the He-Ro variants but there will be six versions as has been said. The Faceless One was a surprise but a pleasant one. The only thing I'm bummed out about is the variantless Teela. I like the blonde Teela and hope to someday have her.

I really don't care what colour gem He-Ro has as long as I can get one.

I think it's fair enough that the SDCC will have a slight difference -
    my guess is a SDCC sticker and only the SDCC version will have the variant gems.

Seeing the Faceless One getting a release is great news indeed.
    Surely that would mean that Count Marzo is on the cards too?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Talking about 6 variants is plain wrong. The gem won't be visible unless you open He-Ro and his staff. So, for MOC collectors, there will only be two variants - the SDCC one and the onlineshop one.
    I'd also be surprised if the difference was anything else than a convention sticker.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Great answers on the prototypes and Faceless One. Those are the figures i want.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I highly doubt that the change in armour design could be called "minor". Hopefully it's just a packaging difference but I can see the sword being a potential candidate for the change.
    You doubt the armor would be considered minor but the omission of the sword would be? I'd think the sword would be more major than the armor.

Besides, I believe Toyguru already said somewhere both versions would have the sword.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Talking about 6 variants is plain wrong. The gem won't be visible unless you open He-Ro and his staff. So, for MOC collectors, there will only be two variants - the SDCC one and the onlineshop one.
    I'd also be surprised if the difference was anything else than a convention sticker.
    the fact that you can't see the gem doesn't make it any less of a variant. So it is not plain wrong. That would mean that for you there is also no Bronse KG variant, if you don't open the box..
    But fine, FOR LOOSE COLLECTORS there are 6 versions of He-ro assuming the additional minor difference is to the figure, not the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    the fact that you can't see the gem doesn't make it any less of a variant. So it is not plain wrong. That would mean that for you there is also no Bronse KG variant, if you don't open the box..
    But fine, FOR LOOSE COLLECTORS there are 6 versions of He-ro assuming the additional minor difference is to the figure, not the packaging.
    Oh please, as if a MOC collector would open the packaging, remove the staffs, check out which gems are hidden inside them, then close the staffs again and reseal the packaging. King Grayskull's inner packaging was supposed to be opened. He-Ro arrives on standard card. Once you open him, he's not carded anymore, and there's no way for MOC collector to show the gem's color.
    And for LOOSE collectors, there are three versions, since those collect the figures themselves, not their packagings.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; May 7, 2009 at 08:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    You doubt the armor would be considered minor but the omission of the sword would be? I'd think the sword would be more major than the armor.

Besides, I believe Toyguru already said somewhere both versions would have the sword.
    Changing the armour is a tooling change which will be expensive for Mattel so yeah its not a minor thing. Leaving out the sword could be classed minor in Mattels eyes (obviously not in us fans' eyes!!)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Awesome news about Faceless One! It's great to hear more 200x characters getting some play in this line.

I'm also one that's positive the Teela and Green Goddess are being considered as two different characters, and thus GG is not a Teela variant. But if they want to name GG Sharella, that's fine with me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok, this is a great result overall, nice bunch of answers!.....BUT....I have collected MOTU for over 27 years (on and off) and even though I am presently gripped in the vice like hold of the MOTUC, there is one question I have to ask, and I beg your indulgence.....Whats 'The Faceless One'???
    Like He-ro I have never heard of it before.
    Cheers AJ

The Faceless One was introduced in the 200x cartoon. He resides in the ruins of Zalesia where he protected the Ram Stone (until He-Man destroyed it after Skeletor abused the artifact). He was also revealed to be Evil-Lyn's father.

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Ok, this is a great result overall, nice bunch of answers!.....BUT....I have collected MOTU for over 27 years (on and off) and even though I am presently gripped in the vice like hold of the MOTUC, there is one question I have to ask, and I beg your indulgence.....Whats 'The Faceless One'???
    Like He-ro I have never heard of it before.
    Cheers AJ
    The Faceless One is a character that was introduced in the 2002 cartoon by Mile Young Productions. He is Evil Lyn's father, but unlike her does not serve evil. I always thought he looked cool and think he will make an excellent "MotU:C" figure and certainly worthy of adding to the collection.

On the note of Teela and The Green Goddess, I have always considered them to be two separate characters and in no way do I consider The Green Goddess as a varriant, just an easy repaint. However, like others have said a blonde Teela figure would make for an awesome variant given Teela's blonde hair in some early materials, i.e the DC Comics mini series, etc. Maybe down the track we will see some Teela variants as the line progresses.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    But if they want to name GG Sharella, that's fine with me.
    Awesome, likewise, I don't care what they name her as long as she get's a release.

Sharella isn't bad...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Thanks Guys, I hafta chase up all the various series on DVD, so Im a lil more in 'The Loop' lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Hey ToyGuru, any chance you could clear this up since Green Goddess was one of the first characters pictured when the line was announced at last year's NYCC? Is Baena correct in his awesomely optimistic thinking that she's a completely separate character from Teela, just as we wouldn't call Faker a He-Man variant?

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE FACELESS ONE NEWS!!!
    I personally think it goes without saying that Green Goddess is a separate character entirely. I don't think she's any more related to Teela than any other characters in terms of a release, so of course she'll get her own slot when the time comes. She's too popular to be a chase or variant with another figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Oh please, as if a MOC collector would open the packaging, remove the staffs, check out which gems are hidden inside them, then close the staffs again and reseal the packaging. King Grayskull's inner packaging was supposed to be opened. He-Ro arrives on standard card. Once you open him, he's not carded anymore, and there's no way for MOC collector to show the gem's color.
    And for LOOSE collectors, there are three versions, since those collect the figures themselves, not their packagings.
    Dude, I have seen XRAY pictures on this forum to see if their KG was bronze or normal!

And again, there are 6 versions for loose collectors if the additional minor difference is to the figure, not the packaging.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; May 7, 2009 at 12:54pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think the faceless one will really be May 2011, I think TG just throw out a name knowing that it will likely change before then and nobody can hold him to it.

Also I think he-ro's sdcc variant will probably be a packaging change or a unpackaged gift like dcuc gleek
    Last edited by nobody1898; May 7, 2009 at 01:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I personally think it goes without saying that Green Goddess is a separate character entirely. I don't think she's any more related to Teela than any other characters in terms of a release, so of course she'll get her own slot when the time comes. She's too popular to be a chase or variant with another figure.
    I don't know about that...I think she'd be a MUCH better candidate for a bonus figure because I bet almost no one outside this board knows of her, and I bet there are plenty on this board who haven't.

And sure, she is a separate character, but because she only had one official appearance (under a different name, no less) I think she's viewed as having more of a relation to Teela since she's more of a fan-created character that, asthetically, isn't much more than a Teela repaint.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Faceless One in two years is great news.
    Not fussed about the chase He-Ro, just a green stone like the original for me please.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I always thought that the Faceless One and Masque were the same character, but with different name in order to bring him into the 200x series. What do you think? A bit off topic though.

Those answers are better every time. IMO this is the best part of the .org
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit