View Poll Results: Who has rebuilt the 3 Towers in the most splendid way?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. gatchagrey

8 5.26%
  • 2.Monikasvo

1 0.66%
  • 3.Telkan2

4 2.63%
  • 4.JonWes

10 6.58%
  • 5. 2-bad

44 28.95%
  • 6. TechTrek

3 1.97%
  • 7. Patreek

3 1.97%
  • 8. Ink F301

8 5.26%
  • 9. bootleg

71 46.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote for the Best redesign of the..ULTIMATE BATTLEGROUND!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Vote for the Best redesign of the..ULTIMATE BATTLEGROUND!

This one was off to a slow start, but in the end there was quite a few entries after all. =)

Huge thanks to everyone that entered!

I hope you'll all join us again for the next challenge, FILMATION MODULOK!

Here they are, ladies and gentlemen, the master-builders, who have taken up the gauntlet of rebuilding the Three Towers of Eternia...

1. gatchagrey
    --------------

2.Monikasvo
    --------------

3.Telkan2
    ---------------------

4.JonWes
    ----------

5. 2-bad
    ---------
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...rscontrast.jpg
    Last edited by Predabot; May 7, 2009 at 05:31pm.

6. TechTrek
    ------------

7. Patreek
    -----------

8. Ink F301
    ------------

9. bootleg
    ----------

Last edited by Predabot; June 2, 2011 at 02:16pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is a great poll.

I am impressed by everyone's art here. There are some very talented artists here.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Preds, not to sound angry or anything but I thought I told you to have the other pic posted for the poll.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    It's interesting that the design that is most similar to the original design is the one getting the most votes so far. I guess it truly is a classic design and I love how Bootleg captured it.

Oh... this is super tough. Gatcha greys' is such a cool concept, love the shadows of the collosus style green tower... Jon wes' is probably my favourite idea. Love the visual image of these castles ripped from ground by the roots. 2bads' is a beautiful image... very evocative of the box art (plus it's the one which makes me realize how mine would have gone. I would have made the central tower very hi-tech, made the lion look a little like the Thundercats lair, keeping the magic for the flanking towers). Inkf301 has an ace concept, love the dormant Titan theme. Bootlegs' is gorgeous as always.

Can't vote yet... must think.

wow i want to thank the people who voted for mine.. i got more votes so far than i think in all my past contest combined...

these contests are always fun and to get anyone to like mine over some of the beautiful art is always amazing to me...

awesome work everyone...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

I gave Gatcha my vote, he really managed to distill the 3 Towers into humanoid form . I also rather like how effective the very simple changes that Bootleg did to the original are.

2-bad: Ah, I musta' missed that one... ^^

I've sorted it, but I really do think it's easier to make out what your design actually looks like in the one visible now.
    Last edited by Predabot; May 7, 2009 at 05:33pm.

Telkan and 2-bad did a terrific job but this round is definitely win by Bootleg!
    Great job pal, you are always one of the best! Good job to everyone, my rendition of the three towers is in Galaxy Warrior hands, he asked me not to show anyone, hope he will post it sooner or later.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

Awesome!

I had to go with bootleg's as well. I could just see miles of tram skytrack connecting Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and Central Tower as the Eternia group. I never cared for the idea of the two sub-towers being affiliated with existing structures instead of just connecting the three.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

you know the more i look at bootlegs tower i feel that its some the kulataks are hiding in the north with the eternium...

it even looks a bit like them...

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    This was really tough... but I finally decided on Bootleg's. It's just so awesome, and it leaves me dying to see the other 2 towers!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

I think I see a pretty clear trend in the polls here... I'll give it a day or two, but then I'm going to announce the clear and obvious winner.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    This was really tough... but I finally decided on Bootleg's. It's just so awesome, and it leaves me dying to see the other 2 towers!!
    That is why I went with 2-bad.

Jon wes.

Lots of good ones though, this is just my favourite

thanks for the votes and comments folks!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    That is why I went with 2-bad.
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!

Well, I think it's pretty safe to announce the winner now! Still in the lead with more than twice the votes (and since I forgot to add a closing date to the poll...)

CONGRATULATIONS BOOTLEG!!! XD

I hope you, and everybody else, will join us for our next round, Filmation Modulok.

Movie mayhem!
    Ok i feel like since he won he has to do the other two towers now

lol... thanks again everyone.

working on the other towers, i'll post links here, eventually.

Oh yes... that he must, Pat. And indeed, you have to do so, Bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Ok i feel like since he won he has to do the other two towers now
    NAAAH! Just maybe extend one tower on Castle Grayskull and add the tram from there to Snake Mountain and back
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

hey folks, somebody posted this on my deviant art page posting of the central tower:

I do not feel this should have won the contest. The rules were to redesign the 3 towers. THREE. It is unfair to the other contestants who obeyed the rules. I like your design, don't get me wrong. But it didn't follow the guidelines. And then for the final round to be renamed as the Ultimate Battleground instead of the Three Towers shows that it was changed to allow your submission.

presumably this is not a registered member of the 'org, or they would have posted here. but because this was brought to my attention, and i myself questioned the eligibility of my entry, i just want everyone to know that i'm completely willing to have my entry disqualified--i do these strictly for fun, and i definitely wouldn't want anyone to feel like this was unfair.

just to clarify--i didn't have enough time to complete all 3 towers, and since i was the one who asked Predabot to extend the deadline, i thought it would be pretty lame if i didn't enter something, even if it wasn't eligible for voting.

regardless of what people decide, there will be no hard feelings (but next time someone thinks something is unfair, please bring it up before the voting!)

thanks everyone!

lol ...we will just have to put an asterix by your win ...
    but seriously what are we gonna take away from you.. the million dollars you won...the lifetime supply of MOTUC merman...that were mattel screwed up the ordered on...

i say for your punishment you should draw a copy-cat pic
    and a character of 2-bads choosing to make it up to us

ok i threw that last part in there....just looking foward to a cool filmation modulok from ya..

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    hey folks, somebody posted this on my deviant art page posting of the central tower:

I do not feel this should have won the contest. The rules were to redesign the 3 towers. THREE. It is unfair to the other contestants who obeyed the rules. I like your design, don't get me wrong. But it didn't follow the guidelines. And then for the final round to be renamed as the Ultimate Battleground instead of the Three Towers shows that it was changed to allow your submission.

presumably this is not a registered member of the 'org, or they would have posted here. but because this was brought to my attention, and i myself questioned the eligibility of my entry, i just want everyone to know that i'm completely willing to have my entry disqualified--i do these strictly for fun, and i definitely wouldn't want anyone to feel like this was unfair.

just to clarify--i didn't have enough time to complete all 3 towers, and since i was the one who asked Predabot to extend the deadline, i thought it would be pretty lame if i didn't enter something, even if it wasn't eligible for voting.

regardless of what people decide, there will be no hard feelings (but next time someone thinks something is unfair, please bring it up before the voting!)

thanks everyone!

Didn't you mention something in the submission thread (or somewhere) about the rail/tram system originally connecting your Central Tower to Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain?

To me that effectively re-imagines them as the other two towers (an idea I really like, by the way), and to draw them just to draw them would seem (to me) like sort of a waste of time.

Of course, since you mentioned you're working on the other two towers, that might not be what you were going for, but that's what I'd gotten out of it.