Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Shadow Weaver

MOTUC Visions: Shadow Weaver

The forbidden dream of all POP fan!
    This is another design I did way back last year, before it was clear what MOTUC style was going to be.

I was convinced the yet to be named new line was going to be much more a mix of the original line and the 2002 line, so my first design was the Horde witch in her classic attire with a 2002 twist.

Yesterday, even if swamped with Hasbro work and the new site getting ready to launch, I decided to go back and change a few things to make her a true MOTUC design.
    But I still wanted to show you how the process was, so I'm posting both drawings.

The design itself is very close to Filmation, becasue that's the only incarnation of the character we know and so it remains the definitve version we all want to see.

The challenge here was to make the cape look right. It would be impossible to make it in plastic, so I tried to figure out a fabric piece the could work using a single piece folded in two plies, attached under the neck.

The skirt is made by two solid piece of plastic (no separated legs) maybe sculped in a somehow sultry stance.

Pleas, don't start a debate here about this character not being available to Mattel.
    We all know what are her rights status.
    Mine is just an idea about how she would look if she was available.

I have been waiting for you to post this design Emilliano, it's too excellent for words!!!

Mattel! See how cool she could be. I want a shadow Weaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give us excuses, find a way to get her to the fans, we have waited for almost 25 years to get a Shadow Weaver. If you are not chasing after the rights at the very least please please please try to get special pernission to be able to make this figure. Shadow Weaver is way too important to be left out of the MOTUC toyline and cannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emilliano this design is just magical!
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 22, 2009 at 05:30am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

WOW!!
    She's perfect!!

Marvelous, just marvelous!

Great, man !!!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Another awesome design Emil. The only one word I have to say is SHAME MATTEL!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Another awesome design Emil. The only one word I have to say is SHAME MATTEL!
    Right! Great work Emi, the truth is Mattel doesn't deserve you....still, you should deserve all of Mattel praise.
    Hope you'll be happy with our for now.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    OMG! She is rocking.
    If this doesn't make you wanna fight for Filmation rights nothing will.

Excellant drawings!
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    What can i say? there are no words ..she is PERFECT! Awesome, as usual.
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Excellent work. I would like to be able to also see the back part of these designs.

Best Design yet, Emil. I'm Awestruck!
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Fantastic design! I really, really like the "additions" you went with (like the necklace and staff,etc.)

Truly an excellent design and probably my favourite so far. I'm completely onboard for her pinkish colour to force the Horde emblem to stand out too.

3 thumbs up!

On a side-note... I wish your threads would stop turning into a bash Mattel / praise Emiliano zone. It takes away from your designs a bit as you definitely deserve all the praise. I'm already just glancing at your work and then moving on.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    On a side-note... I wish your threads would stop turning into a bash Mattel / praise Emiliano zone. It takes away from your designs a bit as you definitely deserve all the praise. I'm already just glancing at your work and then moving on.
    I was gonna post the exact same thing, you beat me to it. Enough allready with the "shame on Mattel" stuff. They have every right to choose who they want to work with. It's too bad it ain't Emiliano, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Now about the actual subject... I love this design, especially the second one. I might even do a sculpt of that design when I am done with my trooper.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I was gonna post the exact same thing, you beat me to it. Enough allready with the "shame on Mattel" stuff.:
    I don't see that so much though. People would like to see me working on the line, and they can say that (even if it'll never happen) as long at the dont' plain insult anyone :-)
    AlessandraF is very vocal about that becasue she witnessed some behind the scene stuff going on and she was frustrated as me with Mattel responses.

*drools over wanting SW so bad!*

Excellent work!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    superb simply superb
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Dude, you are very talented.

When are u going to updated your blog?!?!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    stunning, simply stunning. this is the perfect shadow weaver figure design. i really wish i could have one.

I want her so badly!!

CLICK SAVE, CLICK SAVE!!!!!

I love it, Emiliano!!! I'm not sure about the knee-joint exactly, but it's a better solution than giving her actual legs under there. I love the added details in the second one with the staff and ragged hemline! It hurts still knowing we'll never get her!

Heroic Warrior
    Emiliano, your Shadow Weaver is a pure gem ! BEAUTIFUL !

I would buy it ! Really !

I definitely believe you should be involved in the MOTUC line, with the 4 Horsemen.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is as much a pain (or even more deadly) for the artists to deal with Mattel than for the fans... and from some of the things you said, I have a feeling that you could write a book about this !

It is such a crying shame that we won't see Shadow Weaver in the MOTUC line, though... I guess it leaves plenty of space for our imaginative custom artists out there...

Hey ! I have an idea ! Would it be possible for any custom artist of this forum to work on Emiliano's Shadow Weaver, and to show us the result ? I would really love to see Emiliano's concept come to "life"...
    Last edited by Spectror; May 10, 2009 at 05:14pm.

I will be working on one as soon as I get the necessary base figure, and there is a very good one for this custom in DCUC.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Super, Angel-T ! I can't wait to see the result ! I guess you'll post the picture in the custom section of the forum... But please don't forget to send it to Emiliano or to post a link on this topic, so we can see the fruit of your great work !
    Last edited by Spectror; May 10, 2009 at 06:38pm.

I don't know if it will be great dude, but I will do my best! I personally would love to see Heftysmurf have a go at making this Shadow Weaver, anything I could do would pail compaired to an experienced customiser like him.

This is great, Wow!
    I really love you're take on Weaver! The necklace,hip armor and staff IMHO really ties her in better with MOTU. I always thought she was a little to simple in design. Although perfect for the toon in toy form I always thought she would need a tiny bit more. Without adding to much I think you got her just right! I am loving her.

I'd love to set this Shadow Weaver next to my MOTU Classics figures
    Sigh.......A guy can dream!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.