Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Shadow Weaver

Heroic Warrior
    Another great design!

Awesome work there, I like how you gave her leg articulation similar to what Toy Biz once tried with their Madame Web figure! I would prefer those, and it would save Mattel some costs.
    Good solution for the cape. But I wonder if it could work and look better if done in sofrt plastic. Toy Biz tried that with their Mandarin figure, but it was messed up in production and the gown was produced too thick.

I still wonder if Mattel could legally modify MYPs Horde Wizards into a female form and release it as "Shadow Wraith".
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Oh yes! this is another big concept for the new toy line!

It's hard not to like Shadow Weaver but I think you made her even better again! Lovely stuff!

I just love the staff and the more simple belt on the Filmation one.
    I think the bare arm version is interesting but they are a bit too bare and they are the only flesh on display.
    To balance her arms I'd like to see a opening in her dress on her chest. Just enough to see some cleavage!

"It's better to reveal than canceal is my motto!!"
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

She looks just about perfect. I think I like the first one more, although the differences between the two are very minor.

Can't wait to see your next design.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think the bare arm version is interesting but they are a bit too bare and they are the only flesh on display.
    To balance her arms I'd like to see a opening in her dress on her chest. Just enough to see some cleavage!
    Well, that isn't another version: it's just meant to show how the figure is constructed under the cape ;-)

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    "It's better to reveal than canceal is my motto!!"

Amen brother! LOL

Once again great job Emiliano! True to the source yet with just enough updates to make this an excellent addition to the line. If only...

Mattel....is hiding in shame.

Beautiful, Emil. I didn't expect you to interpret one of her model sheet poses, but I'm glad you did. Lovely.

My. God.

This is PERFECT. Pure PERFECTION!!

This is exactly how I'd imagine Shadow Weaver to be and if she was released I'd buy her in a flash. I haven't been purchasing the MOTUC figures - I'm waiting for POP as that's more where I'm at - but if Shadow Weaver came before all of the other ladies, I'd be in there in a flash.

I just hope Mattel read these forums and are aware of how popular this character is - and Scorpia and a few others - as she would literally fly off the shelves. There would be such an enormous frenzy with Shadow Weaver, IMO, Matty would need more supplies than ever - I just hope they don't acquire the rights and then make her an exclusive, as she deserves a very wide release.

I'm still bummed you can't get MOTUC in the shops, as I'd love to sit and marvel at them all day (saves the pennies too!).

I have no doubt that, if the line continues to be successful (and they're on the right track by scattering some random characters into the mix to play out the longevity of the line), I have no doubt that we will eventually see a Shadow Weaver figure.

...oh and one last thing - Emiliano my friend, you continue to rock.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    ...oh and one last thing - Emiliano my friend, you continue to rock.
    Thank you so much Alex!

A note to everyone:
    No new art this week, I'm really sorry!
    But it's a for a good reason: we're trying to set up and get the site ready for the launch, so I'm totally focused on just that right now.

If we get the site ready, I'll try to make up for that during the week

^^Well, I did get a good Emiliano art fix from Toyfare this week, so I guess I can let it slide....

I just realized part of Weaver's dress and torso could be reused for Marlena!
    Last edited by gbagok; May 16, 2009 at 09:15am.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Really nice work. Makes me sit drooling at my screen for a figure we're never likely to get.
    Darn, they have to sort those rights out to Filmation properties (sob).
    Last edited by Spacedust; May 16, 2009 at 08:53am.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Im really getting tired of fans doing everything right and Mattel doing almost everything wrong.

I would love to own a figure like this some day. She is lovely.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    That is the best Shadow Weaver I have ever seen. Oh man, I want that as an action figure!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I gotta admit, I like your design in Toyfare much more than I like either of these.

Not sure how wild I am about the dress articulation thing at the knees. It would facilitate her sitting down nicely I suppose, but to me it almost looks as out of place as the Marvel Legend ball hips on their lady figures. It just doesn't seem right or flow the way it should I guess... *shrugs*

For a full skirt like that I'd rather have normal articulated legs under some real cloth. You've got real cloth going on the shoulders and arms, why not then just continue that look down the rest of the way? It would look and behave much more naturally and you'd save costs by using some standard female legs.

That's mee two cents.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Dear friends,

Please take a look below at the wonderful custom MOTUC Shadow Weaver that Angel-T has created, following as best as possible Emiliano's concept !

Sweetness ! I think this is really a SPLENDID figure !

Of course, the dress hip and knee articulations were not possible to create, but it gives you a real good lidea of what Mattel could do if they wanted to produce her (and buy the Filmation licence rights).

Hope you enjoy them, and that Emiliano will be happy too ! I'm always so excited to see that it's already possible to make things come true with the great fans on this forum !

great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m very impressed........marvelous !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I know this will sound repetitive, because its what I always say but what else should I say?

I LOVED!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Dear friends,

Please take a look below at the wonderful custom MOTUC Shadow Weaver that Angel-T has created, following as best as possible Emiliano's concept !

Sweetness ! I think this is really a SPLENDID figure !

Of course, the dress hip and knee articulations were not possible to create, but it gives you a real good lidea of what Mattel could do if they wanted to produce her (and buy the Filmation licence rights).

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/CIMG0639.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/CIMG0638.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...CIMG0628-1.jpg
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/CIMG0619.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/CIMG0565.jpg

Hope you enjoy them, and that Emiliano will be happy too ! I'm always so excited to see that it's already possible to make things come true with the great fans on this forum !
    Is it for sale? I want one! *____* I'm serious!
    Last edited by Eamon; June 1, 2009 at 06:33pm. Reason: Image quoting

hey Emiliano Santalucia, your Shadoweaver is pure awesomeness, great design!
    I dont know if this the right place for me to say this, but man you are doing an AMAZING job in All Hail Megatron!

And the custom Shadoweaver figure done by Angel-T is great!!
    There is no doubt that the fans are really keeping Motu alive!