View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Stratos and Mer-Man?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stratos

48 38.40%
  • Mer-Man

77 61.60%

Thread: MOTUC showdown: Stratos vs. Mer-Man

Hybrid View

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

MOTUC showdown: Stratos vs. Mer-Man

Okay, so we've already debated who would win in a battle between Stratos and Beast Man.

Well, I hate to re-use a character so soon, but we're a bit limited on MOTUC Heroic Warriors at the moment...
    So lets pitch the lord of the air versus the lord of the ocean - STRATOS vs. MER-MAN.

Lets look at the brief stats:
    STRATOS - has the ability to fly (obviously), a noble leader of the Birdmen, does not carry a weapon
    MER-MAN - has command over sea creatures, has been shown to be cold hearted, carries a sword and trident

We'll use their MOTUC 'versions' (ie. bios, etc,), and for sake of argument they are only armed with any weapons the MOTUC figure comes with - hence no "xxx pulls out a laser gun!"

And please remember, this is a battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE!
    Last edited by Spacedust; May 9, 2009 at 12:42pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

IMO it would be a draw, as soon as the other gets the upper hand one of them will retreat to either the sky or sea, Stratos can`t get wet if he does actually use his wings for flight and there no possible way for Merman to get into the air without mechanical help. I don`t see an out come to this battle and see it more of a skirmish

Merman summons his Flying fish!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Stratos.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I can't decide on an outcome myself. I think Stratos getting wet may be his downfall, but if he soars high enough, Mer-Man won't be able to reach him anyway.
    Maybe Mer-Man will just wait for Stratos to get tired, as he surely can't fly all the time.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Wow, this is a tough one.

They're both skill hand to hand combatants.
    Merman has a sword & trident. He's probably got a tough hide to withstand the depths of the ocean.

Stratos obviously wouldn't follow Merman into the water.

They'd have to fight on land. If Stratos could get a hold of the slippery fish-man he could blast off & drop him. He'd have to get close to Merman without getting shanked.

If Merman could drag Stratos into the water, Stratos would be done.

I really wish they'd have given Stratos a weapon.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    IMO it would be a draw, as soon as the other gets the upper hand one of them will retreat to either the sky or sea, Stratos can`t get wet if he does actually use his wings for flight and there no possible way for Merman to get into the air without mechanical help. I don`t see an out come to this battle and see it more of a skirmish
    I agree with you.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Stratos does have a weapon...in the original mini-comics, he shoots energy out of his hands. Just like Mer-Man's sword shoots out an ice beam.

I think this match up is dependant on the battlefield. I gotta call tie on this one.

If it's out on the open sea or anywhere where there's water and Stratos has little room to fly (like an underground lake or watery cavern), Mer-Man has a strong advantage. Stratos' ability to fly and shoot energy would balance this out, until Mer-Man summoned summoning sea monsters who could possibly have some kind of ranged attack. And there are plenty of fish in the sea to call.

Likewise, if Mer-Man is in the mountains or anywhere where there is no water or sea monsters to summon, Stratos has a distinct advantage due to him being able to fly and shoot energy.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 24, 2009 at 10:02am.

I was gonna post that 2nd picture for "Owned" pt.2...when Stratos' was attacked there, his wings got heavy and he fell, so he plowed himself right into Mer Man. lol.
    Stratos is smart...and while Mer Man can fight, let's face it, he's a moron. Plus Stratos talks like Sean Connery, he can't lose.

My vote is for Mer-Man!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

For me Mer-man!

Mer-Man can walk around on the bottom of the ocean...the pressure he must withstand to do that would crush Stratos. Period. Mer-Man must therefore be immensely strong, much more so than Stratos.
    Mer-Man also can control various forms of sea life, including winged sea serpents, so although he himself cannot take to the sky, he is not helpless to attack there. Finally, Mer-Man has the advantage of weapons, whereas Stratos has none.

Mer-Man would win by a landslide.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; September 11, 2009 at 04:21pm.

merman. stratos doesnt even have a weapon