Thread: ***wonderbread he man or leo he man??

***wonderbread he man or leo he man??

Just wanted to know

Who is worth more or more valuable or more RARE!!! whatever you want to call it,

LEO HE MAN or the infamous Wonder Bread He Man!!

Please vote on here all comments are welcomed

thanks
    Cairo

"Wonder Bread/Savage" He-Man is more valuable and rarer in my opinion.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    rare is relative. they cant be compared.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

thanks rougewelder,

why so much hype then on the LEO figures? some dude is trying to sell a Leo Skelly for 1800 on the bay right now????

with wonder bread there is not certainty that he is an official MOTU figure!

is that what makes him even more rare???
    Last edited by CAIRO; August 9, 2009 at 10:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    india makes leo rare. they were released only 10 years ago. and were short lived and not highly imported. most of the value is set by rash collectors who have themselves valued the leos too high. savage he-man is rare due to not knowing the real origin of the figure. but there are many of both floatinga round. as recent as 2000 you could get leos moc for around 25.00 but it was soon after that the craze started.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Thanks galaxy,

good history lesson on both figs? here is my delimma?

as you already know ( from my avatar) i have the leo he man, but i could never afford to get my hands on a real wonder bread he man?

what do you suggest i do?

should i try and sell the leo for cash to go toward the wonder bread

try and do a straight trade for a wonder bread

or

keep the leo and just shell out $300 bucks for a wonderbread?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    india makes leo rare. they were released only 10 years ago. and were short lived and not highly imported. most of the value is set by rash collectors who have themselves valued the leos too high. savage he-man is rare due to not knowing the real origin of the figure. but there are many of both floatinga round. as recent as 2000 you could get leos moc for around 25.00 but it was soon after that the craze started.
    If there really are so many of these Leos floating around, could you please help this rash collector get some? I can send you a list of the ones I need.

Well,
    Here's my opinion on the matter... not that is to much different then what you have already heard from other collector's. Let's see.... what... just the other day ebay actually had THREE WB He-Man's up for sale, all at the same time! It was only for a very short time and now you still have the two remaining which one of them ends in the next 24 hours. Now, I'm going to guess it's all really a matter of when the hype comes around for each MOTU figure and what someone is willing to empty their pockets for. But, I think it all depends on the season of when you buy the item. It only takes one buyer to spend a arm and leg for a item and everyone around you starts to go nuts for that toy. But I like your question and I in my own mind would have wondered what other MOTU collector's thought's were as well. Now, for my final input and the whole reason you made this thread. I would have to go with Leo He-Man... now, I'm not going by the fact right now you can get two WB He-Man's on ebay, but by the simple fact of my OWN searching and collecting MOTU in the past years on the web and everywhere else my addiction has sent me to... I myself and my own journey and quest of getting my collection together, I would have to say as a US collector... I find it hard to get to those Foreign figures sometimes... not always.. but sometimes... in fact I know from the past dealing with other sellers overseas and what they are able to run into that basically wont ever happen for us. EXAMPLE: See, people overseas are able to find those laser light skeletor's and maybe some of your TT figures at a yard sale or even at a thrift shop. But are we able to get that lucky with a foreign MOTU toy... so, in my opinion the foreigns will always be a little more rare for myself to find since I do not live in that other country... anyways, hope that helps... Good day to all! Shalom
    Last edited by lofftap; August 11, 2009 at 02:58am.
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360

Quote Originally Posted by CAIRO View Post
    Thanks galaxy,

good history lesson on both figs? here is my delimma?

as you already know ( from my avatar) i have the leo he man, but i could never afford to get my hands on a real wonder bread he man?

what do you suggest i do?

should i try and sell the leo for cash to go toward the wonder bread

try and do a straight trade for a wonder bread

or

keep the leo and just shell out $300 bucks for a wonderbread?

thanks in advance
    Just go buy some brown and black hobby paint and make your own savage he-man.
    Very easy to do and if you take your time can look identical to the real thing.

Honestly, if your gonna spend that kind of money you might as well aim for something more original like the laser figs or giants not just a repaint or foreign fig molded in slightly different colored plastic.

Just my 2c

I would think WB He-man is a more common figure and shows up several times on ebay. If I were you, I would keep the Leo He-man and save some money to purchase a WB from other org members or ebay.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Leo might show up on eBay more than you realize. Not many people know what to look for to distinguish him from other versions. Now WB, well, that's rather obvious and something sellers can look for.

So when you say you've seen more WBs on eBay, think to yourself: how many leos figs are sitting around out there right now in front of your face and you have no idea? It's happened a couple times recently to some people, and one time the package said Leo on it. Fuzzy or low rez pics aren't good enough for somebody to make that gamble on, so even if a buyer was 90% sure the figure was Leo, without it being stated (or being smart enough to ask ), the buyer will not put as much up for it. With WB, it's either real and you got it, or it's fake and you payed with payPal and you're about to get your money back for the fake. So you're good.

I have no idea which is more rare. And I too think it might be Leo, but that's just figures in the hands of the people that can get them out to the public and accounted for. I'm hoping Leo figures will have a renaissance in a year or so when MOTUC hits more largely on a global scale, and gets these figures out in the open!

Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    I would think WB He-man is a more common figure and shows up several times on ebay. If I were you, I would keep the Leo He-man and save some money to purchase a WB from other org members or ebay.
    I totally agree! Don't get rid of your Leo He-Man... just keep saving those pennies and I'm sure somebody on He-Man.org will be willing to work out a decent price for you and not some crazy amount because of a bidding war on ebay...
    Luke
    http://www.lofftaptoys.com
    Lofftap's MOTU COLLECTION ALBUM! more to COME!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=21360