Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2002 MVCreations comic book bible!

Bang your head!!!
    I cracked down and bought a ToyFare... urgh.
    Great read.
    So Emil, does this mean we will get to see 200X versions of charactors not seen in the series (Spikor, Ninjor, Monstroid...???) ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I have searched, but I can't find when it may have been said that you were posting the bible.

I am like an addict lol.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Uhm, did you look at the news page?

May 9

Also, for fans of the 2002 comic, next week will also see the long-awaited reveal of the 2002 MVCreations comic book bible.
    This bible showcases important info about the story Emiliano Santalucia and Val Staples had planned for the series.
    You can check out the story that never came to be.

Still need to go out and buy a copy of ToyFare. I've been slacking.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Hey there, Everyone!

I had the pleasure of reading the interview today. I have to say I was very impressed and like most of what was in it. Like some others, I am still not sure about He-Ro and King Grayskull being the same character. However, I am open minded enough to not make a decission on that. I believe that I actual bible will reveal more about why Val and Emiliano were moving down that road. I really also think that one of the great things about the "MotU" mythology is the many different continuities and flavours of the property. Well done to Val and Emiliano for wanting to tie it all together.

Also, to those that have not bought Toyfare I thoroughly recommend the current issue there is this story, pictures of the "MotU:C" Webstor figure and a fantastic Mego article, plus many more great things. It is a strong issue.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Will the interview be posted here too at some point?
    Cant get Toyfare on Europe (mainland)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Will the interview be posted here too at some point?
    Cant get Toyfare on Europe (mainland)

I'm sure some comic shop can get it for you,
    Anyway, we don't plan to publish the interview, all the info will be in the bible (even if organized in a different way)

I know the He-Ro/King Grayskull thing is going to be contoversial (and so it'll be interesting to read people comments). We'll let people read the full bible first, then we'll do Q&A with fans.
    Then I'll explain why, after years of thinking, I convinced myself they had to be the same character.

What I can say now however, is that, from a narrative point, they are the same character, they serve the same purpose in the story.
    And they are totally different incarnations of the same concepts, existed since day 1 in MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    What I can say now however, is that, from a narrative point, they are the same character, they serve the same purpose in the story.
    And they are totally different incarnations of the same concepts, existed since day 1 in MOTU.
    I certainly agree there, the Spirit of Grayskull idea was around from very early on and He-Ro, as far as I knew, was supposed to tie into that back in the day. To go from a wizard to a seemingly ignorant barbarian is very unexpected though. But even I who enjoyed the Powers of Grayskull episode have issues with what it seemed to negate from the 200X mythos. Had KG=He-Ro, Castle Grayskull=The Towers of Eternia, and Hordak=Horde Prime, it would have all been more satisfying. Also KG turning his young warriors into the old Council of Elders further messed things up for me. But heck, I was still nursing annoyance that the Hall of Wisdom seemed grander and cooler than Castle Grayskull.

Old MOTU bible

Although many things have changed back and forth in story continuity, I can't see them form fitting together in many ways. The original bible back in the day said the Council became the orb and the Hall of Wisdom became Castle Grayskull to ward off everyone with it's appearance. The Alcala first mini-comic totally screws over Adam/He-man backstory too.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I certainly agree there, the Spirit of Grayskull idea was around from very early on and He-Ro, as far as I knew, was supposed to tie into that back in the day. To go from a wizard to a seemingly ignorant barbarian is very unexpected though.
    True, but even if it will sound like a bit of a strech, we foudna solutions to explain that, I hinted something in the article.
    But that was about the look. Our KG would have kept the same personality of He-Ro, he wouldn't have become a ignorant barbarian

Uhm, did you look at the news page?

May 9

Also, for fans of the 2002 comic, next week will also see the long-awaited reveal of the 2002 MVCreations comic book bible.
    This bible showcases important info about the story Emiliano Santalucia and Val Staples had planned for the series.
    You can check out the story that never came to be.

Yes I saw that, but the week came and went and the bible wasn't posted, so I was wondering if I had missed where it had been put up. I figured it would either be in this forum, or on the main home page (or both).

Still can't wait

So excited!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes I saw that, but the week came and went and the bible wasn't posted
    I thought you wouldn't miss something that obvious my apologies..
    But you are right about the week passing!

Is the bible going to be posted today? A sunday is perfect for a bible

Is the bible going to be posted today? A sunday is perfect for a bible
    We really apologize for this.
    The new site was meant to go live this week-end (and so the bible).
    But we run into more technical problems and bugs
    Again.
    We're really frustrated about that, as we have to hold on the site lauch a bit more.

I wish I could say this week is goign to be the right week but I stopped trying to foresee a date

Again.
    We're really frustrated about that, as we have to hold on the site lauch a bit more.

I wish I could say this week is goign to be the right week but I stopped trying to foresee a date
    I`m startin to think it`s never gonna happen

Co-Creator of the NV
    I purchased Toyfare for the purpose of reading the interview. It was an interesting interview. Some of the ideas I really enjoyed, while others I wasn't so nuts about. All in all, it was an interesting read and I look forward to seeing the comic bible.

On a sidenote there is mention of a He-Ro bible in it. Has it been released anywhere? Would it be possible to get it on the org?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I purchased Toyfare for the purpose of reading the interview. It was an interesting interview. Some of the ideas I really enjoyed, while others I wasn't so nuts about. All in all, it was an interesting read and I look forward to seeing the comic bible.

On a sidenote there is mention of a He-Ro bible in it. Has it been released anywhere? Would it be possible to get it on the org?
    It`s right here!!, it was supposed to be another MOTU cartoon but never was made, due to the pulling of the plug in the Powers of Grayskull series
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    It`s right here!!, it was supposed to be another MOTU cartoon but never was made, due to the pulling of the plug in the Powers of Grayskull series
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml
    So I guess that Toyfare is making the same mistake that a lot of others do in thinking that the character in the bible has something to do with the He-Ro created by Mattel for the PoG line.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    So I guess that Toyfare is making the same mistake that a lot of others do in thinking that the character in the bible has something to do with the He-Ro created by Mattel for the PoG line.
    Huh No, they got it right. There's two bibles we're talking about.
    1. The Bible for the unproduced Filmation "He-Ro Son of He-Man" TV show that adam03 linked to and is on the .org already.
      and
    2. The bible that Val and Emiliano created for their story arc in the 200X comics that has not yet been posted on the .org (which included the classic Powers of Grayskull He-Ro from Preternia, which predates Filmation's character).

The Toyfare article is talking about the #2 bible, I don't think they mention the younger He-Ro at all.

Our KG would have kept the same personality of He-Ro, he wouldn't have become a ignorant barbarian
    I prefer that. Perhaps MYP's KIG was getting senile when he said to the Oracle that his sword had no special power?
    Last edited by gbagok; May 17, 2009 at 08:31pm.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Is somebody aloud to post a cliff's notes version of what was said in Toyfare? My comic shop doesn't get wizard (I have to pre order Robert Kirkman titles if that tells you anything!)

Again.
    I have come to the conclusion that there is no bible, no master plan, and no update. wasn't it supposed to be uploaded like four years ago?

True, but even if it will sound like a bit of a strech, we foudna solutions to explain that, I hinted something in the article.
    But that was about the look. Our KG would have kept the same personality of He-Ro, he wouldn't have become a ignorant barbarian
    What Personality? We never really had any characterization for He-Ro other then he's young and maybe lack's experience. I think it is a bit unfair to call King Grayskull an "ignorant barbarian".

I understand the need to play connect the continuity dots better then 98% of the registered forum members, but saying Grayskull and Gray are indeed the same person is a bit forced...Even for me...Can't wait for you to try and explain this Grayskull/He-ro amalgamation
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; May 17, 2009 at 10:00pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that there is no bible, no master plan, and no update. wasn't it supposed to be uploaded like four years ago?

Is somebody aloud to post a cliff's notes version of what was said in Toyfare? My comic shop doesn't get wizard (I have to pre order Robert Kirkman titles if that tells you anything!)
    you have to do that??? you live in a a sad sad dark cruel world
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

My comic shop doesn't get wizard (I have to pre order Robert Kirkman titles if that tells you anything!)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    you have to do that??? you live in a a sad sad dark cruel world
    It's called OHIO

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I think it is a bit unfair to call King Grayskull an "ignorant barbarian".
    That was me who called him that, Emiliano was just replying to my choice of words, but I think KG was ignorant of his sword's special powers and his own based on the PoG episode compared to what I would expect He-Ro to have known.

Oop's sorry I blame you then, next time I'll make sure to pay closer attention to what I'm reading. Yeah King Grayskull's line about the sword made me twitch so bad that I'm just blocking it out and pretending as if he never said a damn thing...

I remember thinking the same thing when I watched that episode...

"HUH?? He doesn't really HAVE or KNOW about his powers? What?? Where's the fun and mystery in THAT!?!?"

Talk about over-simplifying the mythos.

That's why I preferred the Comics more - Val & Emiliano just had better, more intricate, and more intriguing stories laid out.

Do you really want me to snap?!
    Seriously, a few great users have been helping out and have seen the new site.
    It's there, and the thecnical problems are real. Ask around, they'll tell you.
    We're really upset about all these delays

And no, the bible wasn't supposed to be uploaded 4 yars ago, because we had hope something would have happened.

What Personality? We never really had any characterization for He-Ro other then he's young and maybe lack's experience.
    Tru, but, of course, I meant that whatever personality he would have had in the comic it would have been carried over to KG.

I understand the need to play connect the continuity dots better then 98% of the registered forum members, but saying Grayskull and Gray are indeed the same person is a bit forced...Even for me...Can't wait for you to try and explain this Grayskull/He-ro amalgamation
    Don't get me wrong.
    It may be forced even for me.
    We don't expect that to be well receive d by everyone.
    My point is that we had motivation to do that. I will explain why I chose that path and what the other options were. People will judge