Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRAYSKULL" (He-Man movie) lands a new writer

big lump of arse man!!

Potential new character name alert!

Really!? Come on Mattel do you not realize what your own property is about. I hope all of this is just rumours. If you are going to make another He-man "B movie" don' t bother I already have that on DVD. Man get with it Mattel,you have money making franchise in your hands and letting slip through your fingers.

Man... if they are not going to do it right just leave MOTU alone! Sometimes I would really like to be able to get hold of some of the guys who are making these stupid decisions!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Wait, where's all this coming from? Please not that "soldier setting off to find his destiny" rubbish? It’s bogus! There have been numerous script reviews completely debunking it. There is no Earth, Adam is not a soldier and Skeletor is not trying to eradicate magic.

I can’t believe people are still moaning about something that was squashed just under two years ago when Marks gave that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Warners sees the big-screen version as a gritty fantasy and reimagines Adam as a soldier who sets off to find his destiny, happening upon the magical world of Eternia. There, Skeletor has raised a technological army and is bent on eradicating magic.

I seriously hope this is not the case! Isn't this part of the story originally written by Adam rifkin, who wanted Adam to be a soldier wandering the dessert in Iraq who just stumbles throught a portal. It's seriously lame... but this rumour just won't die!
    We could always make a petition or just a gygantic thread saying loudly and clearly no to that ********.
    Just in case.

In fact, I'm gonna make one now.
    Last edited by Grimbot; June 17, 2009 at 02:08pm.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

As there is to-ing aqnd fro-ing in the entertainment press about the direction the 'Grayskull' movie will take, so too must there be within Warners. Just one look at the travesties and glories that are versions of 'Batman' tells you all you need to know - and that's with a property whose fans Warners attempted not to offend!
    The "Bay" 'Transformers' movies have a lot to answer for - they could have been great, but we get Shia Lebouef, the least charismatic forced-upon-us star since Pauly Shore, and jokes about, ahem, playing withoneself. A lot of 'transformers' fans were seriously disappointed by that, but the movie made close to billions and so the formula is looked at jealously by other studios.
    Peter Jackson is constantly referenced on these boards as a director in whom He-Man fans would have a great deal of trust and for whom wqe have a great deal of respect. He treated fantasy in the style and with the respect for an accurate period film. We need a talented director with confidence in the original vision who is also a fan to deliver the 'He-Man and MOTU' movie we need and want.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    They are working from the Justin Marks script... NOT the Adam Rifkin script. It is ALL SET ON ETERNIA!

Skeletor raises a technological army... he preaches the purity of technology and downplays magic... BUT HE SECRETLY PRACTICES MAGIC AND SEARCHES FOR THE MAGIC OF GRAYSKULL! It's a ruse people. He's a villain. Adam starts the movie agreeing with his stance that magic is old, dated, useless, and that technology is the future... but it's magic that saves him... magic that transforms him... and it's within magic that his allegiance lies.

We'll see what mr. Daughrety does with Marks' blueprint. I was VERY happy with Justin's script and thought, that while there was room for improvement... it was a GREAT movie. I was raptured and flew threw the pages.

I have a lot of hope for this production.

Quote Originally Posted by TED675 View Post
    They are working from the Justin Marks script... NOT the Adam Rifkin script. It is ALL SET ON ETERNIA!

Skeletor raises a technological army... he preaches the purity of technology and downplays magic... BUT HE SECRETLY PRACTICES MAGIC AND SEARCHES FOR THE MAGIC OF GRAYSKULL! It's a ruse people. He's a villain. Adam starts the movie agreeing with his stance that magic is old, dated, useless, and that technology is the future... but it's magic that saves him... magic that transforms him... and it's within magic that his allegiance lies.

We'll see what mr. Daughrety does with Marks' blueprint. I was VERY happy with Justin's script and thought, that while there was room for improvement... it was a GREAT movie. I was raptured and flew threw the pages.

I have a lot of hope for this production.
    Wow, is that all true? I never heard that before from any of the other script reviews. Sounds quite good. TED675, do you know if anything else is happening with the development at the moment?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Wow, is that all true? I never heard that before from any of the other script reviews. Sounds quite good. TED675, do you know if anything else is happening with the development at the moment?
    I don't recall that take on the tech either.

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    As there is to-ing aqnd fro-ing in the entertainment press about the direction the 'Grayskull' movie will take, so too must there be within Warners. Just one look at the travesties and glories that are versions of 'Batman' tells you all you need to know - and that's with a property whose fans Warners attempted not to offend!
    The "Bay" 'Transformers' movies have a lot to answer for - they could have been great, but we get Shia Lebouef, the least charismatic forced-upon-us star since Pauly Shore, and jokes about, ahem, playing withoneself. A lot of 'transformers' fans were seriously disappointed by that, but the movie made close to billions and so the formula is looked at jealously by other studios.
    Peter Jackson is constantly referenced on these boards as a director in whom He-Man fans would have a great deal of trust and for whom wqe have a great deal of respect. He treated fantasy in the style and with the respect for an accurate period film. We need a talented director with confidence in the original vision who is also a fan to deliver the 'He-Man and MOTU' movie we need and want.
    I AGREE PETER JACKSON IS THE MAN!!!!!! pleaseeeeeeeee peterr take the direction!!!!!!!!!!!
    i would love some kind of lord of the rings movie for motu, not the same just make motu!!!!!!!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

There's no way one of the world biggest and most sought after directors is gonna direct a movie based on a toy!

Besides, we have a director and have high hopes that he could do something rather special!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It sounds generic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It sounds generic to me.
    it sounds awful to me. What is wrong with MOTU the way it is? Why ae they trying to change it with rubbish like Skeletor pretendign to be against magic or Randor dying or Adam being trained to become He-Man? Seriously the more I hear about this movie the less I want to see it
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I see the basic idea of MOTU as:

1.Greyskull - place of awesome power/knowledge/magic/treasures/mystery
    2.Skeletor - evil (guy, demo, combo) trying to enter Greyskull
    3.He-Man - defender of Greyskull
    4.Eternia - magical planet where this kind of stuff can "realistically" happen.

There's a few extras, may be Skeletor has a half/sword/key that is somehow related to He-Man's (& allowing entrance into Greyskull - something He-Man couldn't do either without both halves). May be there is some sort of balance between good and evil that must be maintained (hence Zodac and giving two swords/keys to two opposing forces).

Everything else is extra. If the movie can't at least keep the basics (1-4) it'll be fatally flawed.
    you are a genius

I have tought a lot for a MOTU movie but i dont like to speculate about stuff that i dont even know if its going to happen at all. Ill just say that each of the MOTUC figure that sells out is one step further for a movie posibility

Heroic Warrior
    Have you read the Rifkin script? The entire Rifkin script is also set on Eternia.

So have you read a new script? None of this is in the Marks script.

If this is referring to the Latino Review script than no its not all true. Specifically Rifkin's script did take place on Eternia, and there is no practicing magic in secret or a technological army. Considering that Skeletor has Beast Man and his beasts working for him.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Skeletor raises a technological army... he preaches the purity of technology and downplays magic...
    IDK bout you guys, but this version of Skeletor always reminded of Hec...er..I mean...Hordak.

...and it reads more like the Rifkin script not the Marks script.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    with the amount of rumours and "scripts" that are doing the rounds everyone is getting confused, and until they actully get started on this film we'll know nothing. and by the looks of things we're in for a long long wait
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I have been out of the loop about the movie.
    Anyone knows when itīs supposed to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    I have been out of the loop about the movie.
    Anyone knows when itīs supposed to come out?
    Don't worry. When something is announced you will be dragged into the loop..

I thought the Skeletor and technology thing was a bit weird. I’ve read about five different script reviews and no one made any mention of it. That’s why I was a bit taken aback by what TED675 said.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    with the amount of rumours and "scripts" that are doing the rounds everyone is getting confused, and until they actully get started on this film we'll know nothing. and by the looks of things we're in for a long long wait
    Agreed there are so many what ifs, could bes and dreaming that we dont know what is going on and a lot of people are confused.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    The Adam Rifkin script:

-takes place entirely on Eternia

-no soldiers in Iraq becoming He-Man

-no Skeletor banishing all magic and raising a technological army.

Justin Marks script? Same thing.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    Yeah. How much do you want to bet that when someone asks Mattel what the status of the new movie is at SDCC, their answer will be the same “its in development” rubbish? Which means absolutely nothing, of course.

I am really surprised any of you are happy about this being made at all (possibly)...and that some of you think that hollywood cares what you want...case in point: Transformers and GI Joe...they don't care, THEY WILL RUIN this too, I promise...in fact, they already started the hollywood transformation by calling it "Grayskull"

So don't get your hopes up, i am not being pessimistic or negative just stating facts on hollywood's track record.

M.