Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRAYSKULL" (He-Man movie) lands a new writer

I think the transformation is one of the important parts that NEEDS to be in the movie. The part in that last script where Adam trained for years and grew up to become He-Man realley bugged me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    I hope they keep the color pallete more than they did in other movies of the genre, ie, GI Joe, X-Men. Of course there would be a few exceptions. Adam in a MYP kinda outfit wouldn't look bad, but actually he should appear in more than one set of clothes. I can't see a prince wearing the same outfit everyday in real life
    I don't know, historically some royal families (and similar) have been known to wear a specific set of clothes, or a limited number of clothes in a very similar style, almost like a uniform to show their status. Certainly wouldn't be unheard of!

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    I think the transformation is one of the important parts that NEEDS to be in the movie. The part in that last script where Adam trained for years and grew up to become He-Man realley bugged me a lot.
    What about if Adam trained up, then when ready (through the training) was given the power sword to transform into He-man. How would you feel about something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by fantombe View Post
    What about if Adam trained up, then when ready (through the training) was given the power sword to transform into He-man. How would you feel about something like that?
    I'd love it! I also like the idea of Zodac mentoring Adam. But I'd also like to see Teela getting trained by MAA. After all, her "hero's journey" is much more interesting than Adam's (IIRC, Justin Marks' script never even mentioned Teela being a Sorceress' daughter and her destiny as her successor).
    BTW, the "daddy mystery" should definitely be in the movie too, along with Duncan's amnesia and stuff.
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

grayskull-movie.com was registered by Warner Bros. around the same time news of the new writer was announced.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    grayskull-movie.com was registered by Warner Bros. around the same time news of the new writer was announced.
    How did you find that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hmm. thats interesting.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    How did you find that out?
    - Go to www.whois.net

-type "Grayskull" in the second box (search by domain or keyword)

- Click on "whois record" to the right of grayskull-movie

- scroll down to see who owns the name
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I’ve been doing some more searches. They’ve also registered heman-themovie.com and heman-movie.com. Also, all their registrations expire on May 2011.

Don’t really know what this means. Probably just them covering themselves so no one else can use the names.

If the new movie isn't called Masters Of The Universe(which is my preference), would you fans rather it be called Grayskull or He-Man. I think I'd prefer Grayskull. Even though I love He-Man, I don't think most non-fans would take a movie seriously that was called He-Man.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If the new movie isn't called Masters Of The Universe(which is my preference), would you fans rather it be called Grayskull or He-Man. I think I'd prefer Grayskull. Even though I love He-Man, I don't think most non-fans would take a movie seriously that was called He-Man.
    Well, ideally I want it to be called Masters of the Universe. If that’s out of the question, though, out of Grayskull and He-Man, I would rather it be called He-Man. They could really try and cash in on the whole superhero thing with that title, capturing non-fans who’ve proven that they like superhero films very much. That’s pretty much the kind of tone I want for the film, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Well, ideally I want it to be called Masters of the Universe. If that’s out of the question, though, out of Grayskull and He-Man, I would rather it be called He-Man. They could really try and cash in on the whole superhero thing with that title, capturing non-fans who’ve proven that they like superhero films very much. That’s pretty much the kind of tone I want for the film, anyway.
    I guess in a perfect world, I'd vote for He-Man to be the title of the movie as well(I've always called the franchise He-Man instead of Masters Of The Universe anyway). I'm just scared that a lot of people will shun the movie based on the name He-Man. I want the movie to be a hit! Although, Transformers 2 was a hit even though there is so much in that movie that I think should have made it a bomb. What do I know?

JOIN THE GROUP...

IMHO, the "He-Man" title would not be as appealing as "Masters of the Universe". And "Grayskull" is even more appealing for the audiences I think. Sounds darker and more serious I guess. I'm totally in for "Grayskull" as the title. After all, it was the name I gave my fan-fic romance almost ten years ago

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I prefer Grayskull than MotU, it sounds fresher, I don't know, but it sounds younger for me, more appealing
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Grayskull Sounds Mysterious to me which is good,because Castle Grayskull Has always had that Mysterious factor to me. I think they can mention He-man in the teaser trailers so the connection can be made there.

As for Adam being a soilder,I don't like. I think there has to be a transformation sequence and stick to the source material that was established in a portion of the mini comics and filmation or it is just Conan The barbarian with a different name.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    I prefer Grayskull than MotU, it sounds fresher, I don't know, but it sounds younger for me, more appealing
    ????

That really doesn't make any sense.

As for Adam being a soilder,I don't like. I think there has to be a transformation sequence and stick to the source material that was established in a portion of the mini comics and filmation or it is just Conan The barbarian with a different name.
    None of this is true. Why do we have to keep saying this? The Adam as a soldier from Iraq thing is fake.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    ????

That really doesn't make any sense.
    Why doesn't it. They dont like Master of the Universe. They said "it sounds younger to me." so its an opinion. In their mind it makes sense.

None of this is true. Why do we have to keep saying this? The Adam as a soldier from Iraq thing is fake.
    Because not everyone got the memo on that and it keeps rearing its ugly head.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Grayskull Sounds Mysterious to me which is good,because Castle Grayskull Has always had that Mysterious factor to me. I think they can mention He-man in the teaser trailers so the connection can be made there.
    I agree with this. Don't know if it sounds 'younger' to me, but as a movie title, I like Grayskull, or maybe Grayskull: Masters of the Universe if you want to push it that one step further.

Movie mayhem!
    I'd like the title to be Masters of the Universe: Grayskull

What was the first movie called?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The Live action movie? That was just called "Masters of the Universe" I believe. I have the VHS here somewhere, I'll check the box and get back to you...

ETA: Yep, just "Masters of the Universe". Nothing exciting.
    Last edited by fantombe; August 26, 2009 at 10:19am.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    "Masters of the Universe" is an exciting title in general.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

It could be worse. The movie could be called The Sword Of He.

While naming it Masters Of The Universe would make me the happiest, at least Grayskull is something that has been important to the franchise since the very first mini-comic. It also stands to reason that, since most people who aren't MOTU fans think of the toyline as "He-Man", not naming the movie after a 1980's bomb starring Dolph Lundgren would be for the best in terms of potential ticket sales.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    "Masters of the Universe" is an exciting title in general.
    Certainly! What I meant by that was "Nothing unexpected!"

"Grayskull" sound darker, good to me.
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It could be worse. The movie could be called The Sword Of He.

While naming it Masters Of The Universe would make me the happiest, at least Grayskull is something that has been important to the franchise since the very first mini-comic. It also stands to reason that, since most people who aren't MOTU fans think of the toyline as "He-Man", not naming the movie after a 1980's bomb starring Dolph Lundgren would be for the best in terms of potential ticket sales.
    I doubt many remember the 87 movie who aren't fans of the franchise, but I certainly agree with the essence of what you're saying here. I think most poeple who aren't fans will remember "He-Man", "Skeletor", and "Castle Grayskull" by name when they hear them.

To those people, I'll bet "He-Man" will immediately conjure up all the things they probably consider negative that they remember (camp, guy in his pants, etc.). "Grayskull" should invoke at least a recollection of the franchise while keeping a serious tone.