Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Etherian Art Dump

Awesome stuff Gbagok!

Now that I've "seen" the rest of the frosta design... Maybe I'll finally finish the one I started oh so many years ago.

Thanks for posting this!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    These are all great,like allways.If you were to produce a lithograph with this artwork,I would proudly hang it on my wall.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Adam_Portugal, I've never tried Flutterina (I think she's a challenge to update in the 200X style, and probably even harder for the MOTUC). Mermista is coming, but probably will debut in a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Awesome stuff Gbagok!

Now that I've "seen" the rest of the frosta design... Maybe I'll finally finish the one I started oh so many years ago.

Thanks for posting this!
    Yes! Please do finish Frosta! And Glimmer! Your PoP ladies are greatly missed!

Awesome as always, Eric! It's great to see guys like you keeping MOTU alive through such amazing fan art. There's not a single design I like less than the other. It was a decent surprise to see that cat guard in the mix. Also if it's possible can we see a Filmation colors variant of Angella? Also I would love to see your take on imp especislly how he'll look if he is with MYP's no nonsense Hordak.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

WOW!! Amazing characters design! very very congratulations!!

Now only one more thing would be missing: a colour vision of Double Trouble (and Netossa is hopefully already WIP).
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

I am hoping Princess of Power in MOTU Classics look like these. I love that you brought more male characters into play. I'd love to get a Prince Defiant and Lance action figure. Im really partial to that Angella and Glimmer. She-ra looks very beautiful and powerful. I'm liking that Blade he struck me as a sword for hire character to. I remeber that Castaspella. I like Peekablue's face. Adora is well designed. Well I just like them all.
    Edit; Its good to see Hunga.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Court Magician
    These are really damn impressive, and make me think that it's surprising that POP hasn't ever received an update (especially in this age of Disney franchises such as Princesses and Fairies - I could see a Barbie-style series using these characters really doing well if handled correctly).

Cheers,
    Si

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    These are kickin', G-man. Especially Perfuma and Kowl, actually. ^^ Mostly because of what you said, it's hard to make them work.

So... is there an Entrapta in the works? I know you did an old one, where she was quite hefty-lookin', but I'm thinking there's a new one you're working on as well.

Amazing stuff, as always. Thanks Gbagok

Nice Pirates of Dark Water tribute

Some super awesome characters in this thread...GNARLY WICKED YO..

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    I don't care for She-Ra related anything, but I really enjoy your art. Just great stuff. Great.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Thanks Gbagok!!!!

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

2-bad, I may offer an alternate Angella, but I also feel that since I've made my choice on how she looks, I should probably stand by that. I'd probably just draw a deliberately classic design. I have Imp in mind, although I think Buffalo-Bill-Man gave us the ultimate 200X interpretation.

SimonS, now that you mention it, the Disney look is exactly what I think works with PoP. It's probably obvious from how I redesigned Seahawk, but I thought Dreamworks' Sinbad movie was the very close to true PoP (the villainess even resembles Catra with Shadow Weaver's powers). Sure Dreamworks isn't Disney, but they carried over a lot of the same artists. I'll always love classic 2D. Sinbad and Treasure Planet are underrated greats to me.

Predabot, I do have a WIP update of Entrapta, but I'm still keeping the hefty look. Mostly I'm just working on the armor, some proportions, and trying to bring back her golden armor while keeping her horde side. The female thug approach to her is kind of my signature take on her, at least for the 200X era.

Claw Buy 3, that was my FAVORITE sword for years. I could not see Seahawk without something akin to Ren's blade.

A few more PoP characters and ideas just to throw down while I'm working on other stuff.

This She-Ra is an old drawing, it looks pretty awful now that I see it again. But it has her shield so...

Here's Josh, a character I think described as "Bow's friend" whatever that means. I just drew him as a side kick with more of the Disney style on him.

Sllohcin's Redesign of False Face is one of those fan art strokes of brilliance that I just had to render. He's still WIP, and probably won't be finished until a Horde tour materializes, but I thought he fits in with these others well.

Another of my own male Etherian ideas. Mark is, like Castaspella, a wizard of Mystacor, but he derives his magic from the mystic mark he bears. I'm still working on the design of the mark itself, as you can see this is rough. He's also looking a little Hercules to me, but I guess that's not the worst.

Battle Brak's Vultak design is my ideal for the character in the 200X setting. I'm still working on him for a Talon Mountain tour on Etheria.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 26, 2009 at 12:33am.

This is a more detailed rendering of my Octavia design. I made the first one before I was really using paths, which helps so much with curves.

Another original character of my own, this is Prince Kryos, the younger brother of Frosta who has fallen under the sway of the Horde. They've turned him insane, so he's enslaved the Selkies as a worker class and taken control of Galacia, which forces Frosta to join the rebels.

Another older design of mine that I've posted before, but I thought I'd post here again is Sweetbee. Looking at this one just makes me cringe though. I still like the colors, but in avoiding to make her too busty I just made her flat, which is just plain wrong for Sweetbee. Plus her face came out more pinched than I wanted. She needs another pass or two.

Did I say Mermista would debut in a Etherian tour? Whatever, the one I have right now is based on another of Baena's wonderful designs.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 26, 2009 at 12:30am.

love the new update ...
    i hope you do this for other tours too... i really like the WIP...
    and where you get your design ideas...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Huh, nice new pictures.
    Can't await to see Mermista in colour vision.
    I would really like to know how Netossa looks like.
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

More strikingly good designs!!
    Love the pose on Mermista!!
    Thanks for sharing my friend.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Thats the best version of the UK Horde Prime I've ever seen!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I never was a great fan of all the POP stuff but I have to say your work is stunning!
    All your redesign in 200x style is awesome, I follow all your threads waitin' fevrishly for more!
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovr˛ pur campare...

Brassy Baroness
    Oh W O W, I love your work!
    I can't pick a favorite!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    It's nice to see more guys in the heros. Any plans for more villainesses?

I like that your art style is improving but...
    (WARNING: SARCASM!)
    Disnep!? You're giving up MYP for a company's style that's more evil than Horde Prime?
    (END SARCASM)

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

This tour is brilliant.
    Congratulations!!!!!

SMP-- LOL, Okay, I should probably clarify what I mean by Disney because it's become a catch all term for many things to different people. It's not a 4 letter word to me. I'm not a fan of their business practices, from sitting on the Gargoyles franchise and other unreleased or incomplete DVD sets, to rereleasing their stuff to sabotage the success of other animation studios, to forcing young animators to churn out glorified photo copies. But as a creative force, they are still one I like. As to the style I'm talking about, they have long used more than one style for the character designs. Some were more realistic and others were more exagerrated charicatures. I'm talking more about the Snow White and Evil Queen side of that spectrum than the 7 Dwarves and wicked witch. When people call MYP's King Hsss "too Disney," I think they're wrongly using the name as short hand for distorted features (in Hsss's case, a bad mistake on MYP's part since his human form was specifically not supposed to be distorted).

The style from Disney that I particularly find applicable for PoP would be stuff like the heroes from Pocahantas but not the villain, or the Atlanteans and the villainess Olga from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but not that movie's heroes who were more charicatures.

Also, I'm not leaving behind MYP. Mark's anatomy is very much MYP's style. I think they go together fairly well if you didn't notice.

Here's my working version of Netossa. I haven't worked out yet how to get the cape to look like a net. I may try just a net pattern on the inner lining, or I'll try for the same affect as her sleeves.

Also, I've had several villainesses in mind:
    This character is called Macabra. She's my version of a zombie Horde character. I think a lot of fans have imagined the same thing of course, but this was my take on the idea.

Bee-A-Trix
    Honestly, this one is just a name and the idea that there might be an evil character in Sweetbee's Hive who would side with the Horde against her Hive and the Etherians.

Burnadette
    This character started as an attempt to create a new blonde villainess (since Double Trouble isn't all evil), but red made more sense. I'm a little undecided about the armor color, but I was happy with how she turned out. She's affiliate with the Horde, but I didn't put the logo all over her to match the more independent look of the old PoP characters.

Mirror Maiden is one of my older ideas, she's like a living version of the magic mirror on the wall, and a mystic seeress who always serves Catra. She's like an evil counterpart to Peek-a-blue. I imagined her as mute, and completely devoted to serving Catra.

Awesome ilustrations!! That Blade is great, thanks for sharing these designs with all of us!