Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Etherian Art Dump

Wow! Mirror Maiden rocks!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did I say Mermista would debut in a Etherian tour? Whatever, the one I have right now is based on another of Baena's wonderful designs.
    Hands down this is the best redesign of Mermista I have ever seen! The only things I could think of that would make it even more perfect would be adding the Filmation fin on the end of her tail and her classic arm gauntlets. Seriously stunning work. I always used to imagine an evil version of Mermista, a sea witch of sorts, but with more shark attrubutes. I can't wait to see your take on the Star Sisters (& the sorceress who banished them) & Light Hope if you ever get around to doing them.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

*mouth wide open at several of your designs*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I really like the art around here, you are really good at this Gbakog!
    Castaspella is my favourite

Burnadette is great name for a character!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    It's so funny, when I was designing characters for my POP redesigns, I came up with a fire character I never got to draw who was going to be the enemy to Frosta's people and would have been who killed her father causing her to turn to ice (in my story and concept). She was inspired by your Helios and the never named female fire character. Now you made Burnadette and it's just so cool to me we keep kind of being on the same page.

I will always be one of your biggest admirers and you keep pushing me to try to dray more animated styles. I love your Mermista and in fact I may even take a stab at drawing your design for her in my style too. Your designs always seem to update the character just enough while still giving it the classic feel.

To be honest, in fact, between your work and Emilano's I don't much want to post my work on here anymore since I don't feel I can compete with it. What I love about this site is coming on it and getting inspired by stuff other artist's I think are great can do instead though.

Thanks for all the great inspirations.
    Last edited by beyond the legends; June 1, 2009 at 08:52am.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Heroic Warrior
    Dear Gbagok,

I truly ADORE your version of Kowl and Sweetbee. Sweetbee was always such a boring character... With your touch and perception, she becomes real baddass !

I can't wait to see your Mermista with colors !

Awesome job !

Also like Burnadette... Great idea !

As always, I love your work, so please keep that in mind when I offer one small observation:

Burnadette looks a little "drag-queen" to me ... there's something jarring about her when compared to the others ... might just be my opinion, and it's not necessarily a criticism, just an observation.

I am totally enjoying your Etherian "art-dump" though.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Amazing work. I hope to see some more of the male horde members soon. In particular I'd love to see your takes on a 200x Hordak, Grizzlor and Leech.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Amazing work. I hope to see some more of the male horde members soon. In particular I'd love to see your takes on a 200x Hordak, Grizzlor and Leech.
    I hope gbagok doesn't mind but this is a page that has his older versions of the Horde and some other characters as well.

So wonder no more Darth

Here is the link.

http://www.geocities.com/hordeworld/gbagok.html
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

I'd like to see Mermista and Flutterina =)

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    It's so funny, when I was designing characters for my POP redesigns, I came up with a fire character I never got to draw who was going to be the enemy to Frosta's people and would have been who killed her father causing her to turn to ice (in my story and concept). She was inspired by your Helios and the never named female fire character. Now you made Burnadette and it's just so cool to me we keep kind of being on the same page.

I will always be one of your biggest admirers and you keep pushing me to try to dray more animated styles. I love your Mermista and in fact I may even take a stab at drawing your design for her in my style too. Your designs always seem to update the character just enough while still giving it the classic feel.

To be honest, in fact, between your work and Emilano's I don't much want to post my work on here anymore since I don't feel I can compete with it. What I love about this site is coming on it and getting inspired by stuff other artist's I think are great can do instead though.

Thanks for all the great inspirations.
    Your designs rock guy, so glad Gbagok is inspiring you to make more

I love Gbagok's Etherians - I'm hoping to see them make a debut in the Book of Evil... hint hint nudge nudge
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

j-bird, that's an interesting observation because I wanted big hair and gaudy costumery, and I even thought of people like Dolly Parton and Naomi Judd (and Peggy Bundy). I don't back down from the design though, I think it's apropos for a PoP villainess.

Beyond the Legends, I hope you will design more and keep posting! Everyone has different ideas, and most of my drawings prove it because they're most of them based on other fan artists' ideas! I love your art cards and I want to see more! It's cool that we both were thinking of a fire-themed villainess. I hope my future posts will reveal more shared visions!

Cheshire Moon, Book of Evil will show off more of Eternia than Etheria. It's kind of a tour in and of itself actually. That's part of why I needed a little break on Etheria for the moment.

Darth Latveria, while I'm putting the flashlight on the She-Ra specific characters and villains, I do have these more recent Horde pics:

Co-Creator of the NV
    Wow, these Horde pics are incredible! Thanks for posting them

That Shadow Weaver looks like she'd take your eyes right out...

Love your interpretation of Leech, you captured a sense of devious intelligence in his eye there.

As for BOE; Eternia, Etheria they're both awesome I'm happy to see any landscape you've concocted
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Awesome work! I love all of you art and even save it all in a file on my computer. Have you ever drawn a shadow weaver that looks like the one they recently showed in toyfare? That would be really great to see

I'm not big on that Horde Trooper design but than those other Horde pics are just great!!
    It's like the TV series never went away!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I'm not big on that Horde Trooper design but than those other Horde pics are just great!!
    It's like the TV series never went away!
    I'm not happy with how the trooper drawing looks myself, although is it the proportions or the details that don't look so good? It's based on a commission by Emiliano that I liked more than the design that appeared in the show, but I didn't do it justice with my take on it.

Really dig Shadow Weaver with the Shadow Priests (?)

The Horde Trooper looks pretty well in style for the rest of the series, maybe a tad on the busy side, but overall I like 'em.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I always enjoy seeing your work, you have so much talent
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Macabra looks really promising I'd love to see her colored!
    Mermista is just beautiful.
    I like youre Horde.
    Mark I really like !
    Mirror Maiden is really a stunning concept.
    Prince Kryos is good, IMO he has like a male Evil-lyn vibe to me.
    Vultak & Octavia are really nice.
    I can't wait to see Netossa completed.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    LOL, Okay, I should probably clarify what I mean by Disney because it's become a catch all term for many things to different people. It's not a 4 letter word to me. I'm not a fan of their business practices, from sitting on the Gargoyles franchise and other unreleased or incomplete DVD sets, to rereleasing their stuff to sabotage the success of other animation studios, to forcing young animators to churn out glorified photo copies. But as a creative force, they are still one I like. As to the style I'm talking about, they have long used more than one style for the character designs. Some were more realistic and others were more exagerrated charicatures. I'm talking more about the Snow White and Evil Queen side of that spectrum than the 7 Dwarves and wicked witch. When people call MYP's King Hsss "too Disney," I think they're wrongly using the name as short hand for distorted features (in Hsss's case, a bad mistake on MYP's part since his human form was specifically not supposed to be distorted).

The style from Disney that I particularly find applicable for PoP would be stuff like the heroes from Pocahantas but not the villain, or the Atlanteans and the villainess Olga from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but not that movie's heroes who were more charicatures.

Also, I'm not leaving behind MYP. Mark's anatomy is very much MYP's style. I think they go together fairly well if you didn't notice.
    Glad you didn't take that line seriously

I never did notice it. Even if the Disnep part of the art is small, I still only see the Disnep. Such a shame that their creative forces has been tainted by their business practices too...

Anyways, what I really like about your own characters is that you keep them consistent with MotU name themes and not having OR in the names!

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Burnadette
    This character started as an attempt to create a new blonde villainess (since Double Trouble isn't all evil), but red made more sense. I'm a little undecided about the armor color, but I was happy with how she turned out. She's affiliate with the Horde, but I didn't put the logo all over her to match the more independent look of the old PoP characters.
    I'd love to see her made into an action figure!

More cool pictures!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

A few more pics. Here are newer versions of She-Ra and Shadow Weaver. I based this Shadow Weaver on Emiliano's design, which I loved.

Reeka
    Vile Horde Chemist. Reeka is the Horde's answer to Perfuma, a mistress of pollution and decay and a blight upon the land of Etheria. I had a hard time visualizing her because I wasn't sure how to handle her face and skin. She could so easily look like nothing but a female Stinkor, and I wanted instead to do something in a Captain Planet vein.

Hysteria
    Another older idea of mine, I saw Hysteria a lot like Mad Harriet from New Gods, or maybe Ed from the Lion King, always laughing and crazy. I'm pretty sure there's another clown-themed villainess on the boards too, but this was mine and still feel she'd work as a PoP character.

And for another original Princess of Power, Flutterina! Okay, full disclosure, Flutterina was one of the only PoP characters I had as a kid. She was given to my sister in a misguided attempt to get her into "dolls," and being a MOTU nut I salvaged the (wingless) leftovers. I always thought the wings (before they were demolished) looked fake and silly and not nearly large enough to fly her anywhere. I tried to evoke monarch butterfly wings and went for a kind of fairy look for my version. I didn't even think of Disney's Princess Jasmine, I don't know why she ended up looking like her.

Also, Snake Man Priest, they should all have ORs on their names. And the girls should end in ORA. Adora was just the first! BowOR, NetossORA, SweetbeeORA, FultterinORA, CastaspellORA, GlimmORA, AngelORA!!! There's no stopping it, they're taking over!