Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "New Adventures" for MotU Classics Support Thread

I've been watching the episodes again lately. Does anyone else think that Quake could share the Trap-Jaw, Man-E legs?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    I wouldn't specifically MIND NA stuff... I'd just like it to be more in-line with the original filmation canon. He-Man and Skeletor looking more like themselves, primarily. I can deal with new outfits and all... But I fail to see any reason why their body types or faces should change dramatically.
    I have to agree with this. I would love NA to be a part of this, but not see drastic changes to the actual figures. Different outfits are all that's needed and a backstory to tie it in. For those that want heads sculpted to look like the original NA figures/cartoon, I think extra heads packed in would be a good idea. I'd also like two versions of He-Man's sword. The classic one, and the NA one.
    Who has the Power?

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    let see if we get 1 this year?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm looking forward to these very much. More so than the 200x, actually. I keep telling myself to get the old NA cartoons and watch them. They were different, but to me, as a kid, they were still He-Man. I liked the story. I never saw all of it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I mocked up a MotUC He-man super fast, just to get an idea of what he could look like.
    Hey, that's great.

I think they couldn't go wrong releasing something similar to or exactly like that.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree, and since that He-Man head has removable hair, they can easily make a ponytail hair-piece.

NA He-man in motuc scale would be freaking awesome.Love the characters and cartoons.They would probaly be rehashed parts,but i wouldnt mind.Maybe i can finally get the NA Prince Adam with the awesome pig tails.

Optikk- Evil "All-Seeing" Mutant Spy from the Future!!!

Sounds good to me

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I've been watching the episodes again lately. Does anyone else think that Quake could share the Trap-Jaw, Man-E legs?
    Hmmm yeah he could actually use those. I wonder how the 4H will pull these guys off.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I never really liked the New Adventures, but the way these sculpts are turning out, I will probably add them to my collection.

I lurve NA. As for the one figure I really want I would say Spinwit. I can wait on Slushhead and Optikk.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I love the new adventures as well. Bring us some updates on Flogg and slushhead!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

yes I want Optikk!! I would rock sculpted by the four horseman

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I support this fully. I really want NA versions of He-Man and Skeletor, along with Optikk, Flogg, Slushhead, Flipshot, etc etc. Many of these would make great Classics figures, IMO.
    I agree.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I've never seen a NA episode, but I fully support NA characters in this line. I know the Fouor Horsemen are going to make them look amazing, and I don't want to miss out on that. Plus, they'll LOOK like they BELONG in a He-Man line. How can anyone pass that up?
    Agreed, I haven't seen a single NA episode either. I never really liked the concept of He-man abandoning everyone on Eternia to go chasing Skeletor through space....i thought it was rather stupid at the time. If skelly wants to leave Eternia, let him leave; problem solved, Eternia is safe. The figures never fit with the other motu figures either, so that didn't help much either.

I know the 4hm are going to make awesome figures of them though, made to fit with the others; which i will welcome with open arms. Maybe I'll be inclined to finally get the nA series on dvd and watch as well. i'm not too keen on He-man with a ponytail though...or Adam with 'pigtails'?? what are they thinking??
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    NA is very underrated as both a toyline and a cartoon. While I wish they had been compatible with my old MOTU stuff, I loved playing with my NA toys. They were sweet!

I'm very excited to see how the NA MOTUC figures come out. I bet they'll be even more awesome than the original ones. I said this in another thread, but I'm hoping Mattel does something really unexpected with NA, like splitting the NA power sword into halves again, and giving a new half sword to skeletor.

I mocked up a MotUC He-man super fast, just to get an idea of what he could look like.
    Now that's what we're all hoping for! Maybe change the hair-do, but that's a sure fire winner. Would love to see Flogg and Hydron too. Heck I'd buy em all. Wish these were coming out simultanious with the others.

Build a figure with the NA and pop figures would be an excellent way to get the casual collectors to purchase all of these sets. Build Sagitar, maybe even spread Tytus and Megator over these releases? Great way to help move stock on some of the less popular characters.

Does anyone remember Darius? I think he was initially intended to be released early on in the NA line- but for whatever reason his release was canceled/ and didn't make it into the cartoon.

Seems like he made it onto some card back art though as an upcoming figure and appeared in some UK NA promo material/magazines and such... the prototype looked kind of neat (reminded me of Man-at-Arms). I was also always curious as to why he was never released... ?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    He makes me think of a man at arms/king randor type. I wonder why they axed him? He looked pretty cool...

I loved playing with my NA figures (the few I had the later stuff was hard to find!) I can't wait to get Optik, Flogg, Hydron, Tuskador!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Court Magician

Not a fan of NA

....I just like the LOTR/Barbarian/Eternian setting for He-man's world.

Heman going to space is like Frodo going to space or something. Or if Harry Potter, the kids from Narnia, etc etc. went to space.

No offense to those who like NA but I just think outter space is the total opposite of He-man's Barbarian like world.

The magic/techology mix is cool but going off to space in a space ship where heman and skeletor are both wearing techno armor made me nauseous. I remember saying..."He-man as a space hero? what the?"

I see NA being cool IF NA was made BEFORE the mini comic/filmation MOTU versions were made. At least for me, I wouldn't have been so used to he-man and his own specific type of world.

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Does anyone remember Darius? I think he was initially intended to be released early on in the NA line- but for whatever reason his release was canceled/ and didn't make it into the cartoon.

Seems like he made it onto some card back art though as an upcoming figure and appeared in some UK NA promo material/magazines and such... the prototype looked kind of neat (reminded me of Man-at-Arms). I was also always curious as to why he was never released... ?

I can't tell you exactly why he was not released but I think part of it has to do with the fact that Sebrian kinda took over his role in the toon. IIRC Darius was supposed to be the king of Primus or something akin to that. He was shown in proto pics as well as on the card backs from the first wave of figures in Europe. But I don't think anyone has an actual proto of him and if they do they must not want to let us other NA fans knows. I wonder what his action feature would have been though....???
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I can't wait to see what the 4H do with NA!!! Bring it on!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Here are some prototype images of Mara and Darius...

Last edited by River; June 24, 2009 at 03:06am.

Absolutely, bring on that NA goodness! He-Man and Skeletor definitely, and I would really like to see He-Man be a halfway between his cartoon incarnation and the old toy (I especially like the pony tail!!) After that, Flogg, Optik, and more than anyone, Slush Head is a must!!

I'm actually quite a fan of NA. I enjoy it more than the original show. I liked the toys more too. So, of course, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in MOTUC. I want NA He-Man and Skeletor... badly.