Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "New Adventures" for MotU Classics Support Thread

A big fan of Slush Head
    It was said that we will see something from NA next year right? I think I read that somewehere.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I did this with paint.net, as you can see is VERY lame but tries to keep the essence of what my beloved Optikk could be in MotUC. Show your photoshop skills please, this is a good way of keeping the interest in NAMotUC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    It was said that we will see something from NA next year right? I think I read that somewehere.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right on that one.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

i LOVE NA and will buy all NA figs! funny thing is towards the end of the run the figs started to get the chunkier proportions from the classic MOTU toys

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I mocked up a MotUC He-man super fast, just to get an idea of what he could look like.
    great mock up!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I agree, and since that He-Man head has removable hair, they can easily make a ponytail hair-piece.

but yes i would change the hair to a pony tail.

i would want pretty much every evil character but my first pics are
    he-man/skeletor
    slushhead
    optikk
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The one I thought was the coolest was the Centaur-like guy with four arms. I imagine he'd require a bunch of new parts, but I think he'd be the one I would get most excited about just because he's such a cool looking firgure and a great concept. I never had any NA toys, but yeah, I'm definitely up for these - especially the centaur-like guy and Optik.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I can't wait to have a MOTUC rendition of NA characters; I own 16 of the original figures and I love all of them... well, maybe not everyone, maybe the most of them.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess the NA characters I want to see produced first are the characters that appeared only as prototypes and were never released back then !

So, I definitely want to see Darius (really cool figure) and Mara released !

That would be AWESOME ! Can't wait for Optikk, Kayo, Spinwit, Flipshot, Sagitar, Lizorr, Earthquake and Slushead either !

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I mocked up a MotUC He-man super fast, just to get an idea of what he could look like.
    very nice. can you tell us where we can find this picture in a bigger size, please?

thanks from germany

Quote Originally Posted by CPMOTU80 View Post
    ....I just like the LOTR/Barbarian/Eternian setting for He-man's world.

Heman going to space is like Frodo going to space or something. Or if Harry Potter, the kids from Narnia, etc etc. went to space.

No offense to those who like NA but I just think outter space is the total opposite of He-man's Barbarian like world.

The magic/techology mix is cool but going off to space in a space ship where heman and skeletor are both wearing techno armor made me nauseous. I remember saying..."He-man as a space hero? what the?"

I see NA being cool IF NA was made BEFORE the mini comic/filmation MOTU versions were made. At least for me, I wouldn't have been so used to he-man and his own specific type of world.
    But, He-Man used to go into space regularly in Filmation!?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Ok folks this thread is just to show the world that we want the "New Adventures" figures too in this line, because they deserve it. It is also cool the fact that for the first time all the characters (80's and NA) are sharing the same canon and can be displayed toghether with no size problems
    The NA figures might be ok near the end of the line. I just got NA on DVD and I am still trying to get through them. Slush head and quake would be ok but none of the good guys, not big on them. Keep the classics alive! Trapjaw and Man-e-faces would be awesome

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    But, He-Man used to go into space regularly in Filmation!?
    Maybe he doesn't like Filmation?

For me personally, I like MOTU He-Man being a barbarian on Eternia while NA is specifically made for He-Man to do the space thing.

The Filmation MOTU space adventures were made before NA debuted. NA is a whole "He-Man in space" era, toyline and cartoon, I think MOTU doing the same thing takes away from it. Or was NA redundant since Filmation had He-Man going into space regularly?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

If the MOTUC follow the mini comics for New Adventures, I'd be cool with that.
    As I prefer the NA minis to the cartoon. I'm only through disc 1 of Selason 1, and while, yes, it's fun. It doesn't have that classic feel.

But the figures ? NA Skelly was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I loved NA Skelly's havok staff (though he wasn't in space, his playset was the Supernaturals "Tomb of Domb).

I'd love Flogg, Optikk, Mara (Please Please Please), NA Skelly and NA He-man,
    Hydron, and Flipshot.

I'd just follow the storyline Emaliano (I know I'm slaughtering the spelling, and I do apologize) did in that black and white unofficial comic from WAY back when.

Heroic Warrior
    While I had some of the original guys, to be brutally honest, New Adventures was my big He-Man moment. Short of the Astrosub and Slushhead (how I never got him, I don't know) I had the ENTIRE first series of the toys, including the Eternia.

I would love any and all NA stuff Mattel would put into MOTUC, and from my observations, the core characters (at least the first and second series toys, especially the mutants) share enough visual elements to make part reuse practical.

As is, I would be perfectly happy with remakes of the entire first series of figures along with Lizzor, Optikk, Mara and Vizar (who would make a fine compliment to Man At Arms and Clamp Champ)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe he doesn't like Filmation?

For me personally, I like MOTU He-Man being a barbarian on Eternia while NA is specifically made for He-Man to do the space thing.

The Filmation MOTU space adventures were made before NA debuted. NA is a whole "He-Man in space" era, toyline and cartoon, I think MOTU doing the same thing takes away from it. Or was NA redundant since Filmation had He-Man going into space regularly?
    The point I was trying to make was that He-Man was in space regularly before NA came along, so for people to base their dislike for NA around that is just plain wrong!

It wasn't just Filmation, the DC comics talked about different Dimensions and Zodac was a cosmic enforcer back then
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

The coolest thing about NA in this line is we can finally remake the 2nd season when He-Man returns to Eternia

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar

Question (speculation) regarding new sculpts.

So ok, if they are going to make everything look as though it fits into the original lines style, why would it be out of the realm of possibilities that they could use the molds for the regular figures for some of the N/A characters.

Or is that skating too much on just being a Fuerza-T line?

It is pretty much expected that the N?/A He-Man and Skeletor will use the same bodies just new heads and armor and legs from the knees down (which will surely by then be reused from someone else).

So that it fits more cohesively do we expect them to just keep reusing where it works or does everyone think they will try to make more and more unique parts as the years go by?
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Really looking forward to SLUSHHEAD AND HYDRON!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    All the NA characters had unique sculpts in the old line, so it would be tricky in the MOTUC to get some characters done, but if done cleverly they could work and totally fit into the feel of the line.

For example:

Slush-Head

Mer-Man body, legs, feet, shin guards
    New head
    new removable armor
    new backpack, gun etc
    new belt/pants
    Mer-Man three-figured hands

I think they can get away with NOT giving Slush-Head a body with warts/spots etc.

NA has been brought up repeatedly in both POP and 200X threads.

Show your love for NA!!!!

NA has my total support!

The deserve more MOTUC presentation, too !

200X had a very nice 2010 with Keldor, Count Marzo and Chief Carnivus, so maybe next year it´s POP and NA time.

I would like that!

Bring on some NA... I'm not a fan of NA, but it's still MOTU!!! Optikk looks awesome but he's all alone! He needs some NA Buddies (or enemies)...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm a big NA fan so I'd love to see some more of those characters filter into the line. I realize we won't get a lot of them per year, since there's very few characters to do anyway. But one or two per year is definitely fine with me.

I remember that, as a kid, I preferred NA He-Man because he was wearing pants. I have no idea why I liked my He-Man in pants so much, but it was a big deal to me. Also, he finally came with -whole- swords that looked right no matter what angle you saw them from.

So NA He-Man is at the top of my 'want' list. After that, mostly just the villains. Teela from the episode where she showed up, if Mattel can do that. But a lot of the hero characters struck me as basically G.I. Joes dressed up as Masters characters, which didn't really sit well with me even as a youngster.

So yeah -- Villains of NA all the way.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Much love to NA, hope we don't have to wait all the way til the end of the line to see some of its' characters!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    200X had a very nice 2010 with Keldor, Count Marzo and Chief Carnivus, so maybe next year it´s POP and NA time.
    I wouldn't be opposed to other non-vintage eras getting a year of preference or rotating. 2010 was the year of 200X, 2011 could be the year of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    I'm a big NA fan so I'd love to see some more of those characters filter into the line. I realize we won't get a lot of them per year, since there's very few characters to do anyway. But one or two per year is definitely fine with me.

I remember that, as a kid, I preferred NA He-Man because he was wearing pants. I have no idea why I liked my He-Man in pants so much, but it was a big deal to me. Also, he finally came with -whole- swords that looked right no matter what angle you saw them from.

So NA He-Man is at the top of my 'want' list. After that, mostly just the villains. Teela from the episode where she showed up, if Mattel can do that. But a lot of the hero characters struck me as basically G.I. Joes dressed up as Masters characters, which didn't really sit well with me even as a youngster.

So yeah -- Villains of NA all the way.
    HA! I knew you'd be back!

im in for the NA..! heck yes!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"