Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "New Adventures" for MotU Classics Support Thread

For sure! Optikk is so alone

I'm going to receive my 2 DVD boxes of NA to complete my MOTU cartoons (I remember watching some NA episodes when I was a kid).

Bring all MOTU, except Gwildor ... I hate him

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to other non-vintage eras getting a year of preference or rotating. 2010 was the year of 200X, 2011 could be the year of something else.
    That was my first intention and as we all ready know Bow and Swiftwind will come next year for sure, it looks like next year could be a POP featured year but than NA fans have to wait again more than a year for their featured year and that´s not fair either!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    That was my first intention and as we all ready know Bow and Swiftwind will come next year for sure, it looks like next year could be a POP featured year but than NA fans have to wait again more than a year for their featured year and that´s not fair either!
    If that's going to be the pattern, then NA fans will look forward to 2012. It would be a switch if people start complaining about too many NA figures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

If you think NA killed He-Man, as some seem to, how would you feel about Mattel marking 2012 as 'the year of NA?'

Mass hysteria, I say!

Signed!!!
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    If you think NA killed He-Man, as some seem to, how would you feel about Mattel marking 2012 as 'the year of NA?'

Mass hysteria, I say!
    I would call it a tribute to all what´s MOTU cause even if they featured NA in 2012 there are still 8 figures who will be Vintage and that´s the point, noone should feel left out.

Let´s say next Year Darius or Flogg will be released than they would have another year to find out what´s with Limbo prototype Mara and realease her in 2012 together with Slushhead or Darius/Flogg(depends of course who they´ll release in 2011) and Sagitar as a Beast(i would love to see him even bigger than he was originally).

But those are just my thought´s; a huge speculation but in my mind it sounds logical!
    Last edited by Niki; September 7, 2010 at 06:27pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I'd have absolutely no objection to 2012 having NA characters as that year's "feature".

Similar to in Mattel's DCUC where they showcased Kirby New Gods characters for a while, are currently finishing up a Super Powers characters run, etc.

But otherwise, I do think 1-2 characters a year from NA should be a good standard to stick to.

I think 3 would do nicely.

NA He-Man (quarterly figure), a Galactic Protector and another Space Mutant. We'll have ended the year with 4 NA characters (in addition to Optikk), 2 on each side.

I hope when they get to NA He-Man, that his sword handle won't be as fragile as it was in the past. I had to keep buying NA He-Man because of that translucent plastic nightmare...

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Yeah, He-Man or Skeletor in NA garb would be a great quarterly figure.
    And then 2 original characters as monthlies in addition?
    Sounds about right to me!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm just waiting to see the NA He-man and Skeletor. I still think the NA characters have a place in the classics. Optikk fits in so well.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm not a NA fan, but I'm glad they are being included in MotUC, and I'm looking forward to more.

Personally, I'm fine with one or two a year. At this point, I'm mostly looking forward to NA He-Man/Skeletor/Sorceress.

I think Optikk is pretty cool. He doesn't fit in quite as well as I might like...though that could be that I have zero attachment to the character from previous eras, but I'm glad we've got him.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I think Optikk is pretty cool. He doesn't fit in quite as well as I might like...
    I can respect that POV, but I also think it might be a bit early in the line yet for him to feel fully integrated.

For example, just imagine if Stonedar had been released in 1983 instead.
    He would've felt a bit out of place for sure!
    But in the grand scheme of things, is totally a valid part of the MotU landscape.

I absolutely hate the NA cartoon series, but I love Optikk's figure. I can't wait for more NA figures in MOTUC. The 4H have done a great job!

Heroic Warrior
    Altrhough I`m not a fan of the orginal NA toys, the MOTUC Optikk is pretty awesome!

I like that they will share a lot of parts with the other MOTU figures to have a constant look. The Trap Jaw legs are very NA-like...

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I can respect that POV, but I also think it might be a bit early in the line yet for him to feel fully integrated.

For example, just imagine if Stonedar had been released in 1983 instead.
    He would've felt a bit out of place for sure!
    But in the grand scheme of things, is totally a valid part of the MotU landscape.
    STONEDAR! LANDSCAPE! That's awesome!

You make a fantastic point, and you may very well be right. My problem with Optikk is a little bit hard to describe. There's a notion called "jumping the shark", when a TV show does a story that is too over the top, and is therefore hard to accept/believe. The original Star Trek jumped the shark with an episode called "Spock's Brain". Vintage MotU did with the "Greatest Show on Eternia". etc. Lots of shows have an episode like that.

For me, Optikk almost, but not quite, jumps the shark for MotU. The idea of his entire head being a single eye is just this side of being too much to swallow.

In comparison, SnoutSpout, Rio Blast, and Stinkor were characters that unquestionably jumped the shark to me, and that's why I really don't care for them much, either.

In a fantasy property like MotU, that line beyond which things get too silly/weird/out there is different for everyone. Optikk isn't quite passed mine, but he's straddling it. I still like the figure, though.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

I would call it a tribute to all what´s MOTU cause even if they featured NA in 2012 there are still 8 figures who will be Vintage and that´s the point, noone should feel left out.
    I think you may have missed the joke.

"NA killed He-Man" + "2012 considered by various of the uneducated to be the end of the world." = "NA is responsible for destroying the world."

Snicker, giggle. Just a joke. As I said previous to that, I'm an NA fan, so I'm for any particular year being a big year for NA. However, the implication of it being the year 2012 struck me as humorous.

I fully agree with you guys!
    I am totally behind getting more New Adventures of He-Man figures!!!
    I love NA just as much as MOTU, POP and 200X!

It's pretty sad to have only 1 NA figure; Optikk (an awesome figure!)
    in 2 1/2 years the MOTUC line is running.
    We need more NA for sure,
    I would say at the very least 2 NA figures each year along with at least 2 POP figures a year!

Either Slush Head (Kalamar) or Flogg (Brakk)
    would be perfect for the 2nd NA figure release imo!

I can't wait to see more NA characters!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Heroic Warrior
    I've grown to love the vintage NA figures after turning my nose up to them for months. I hope Mattel supports all versions of He Man! I am locked in for 2011 so I hope I see at least one or two figures next year!
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

Nice to see that Optikk has made so many fans reconsider their original feeling about NA and are willing to give additional figures a try.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Bring on SlushHead already!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Master of New Adventures!
    I've never felt so much love in one room.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I've been watching my NA sets for the first time. I'm on disk two.. It's cool cuz I already recognize most of the characters from being on these boards.. I think that's alot of what was missing back when this show first aired.. it lacked recognition.. I've been watching and enjoying each of these DVDs.. and greatly look forward to Karati, Flogg, Slush Head, Flipshot, and Hydron in MOTUC.

Of course, I can be patient.. but the NA characters are very welcome in my collection.

It's just too bad we can't get Crita!

We need at least 2 this year, to play catch up more like 4.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I posted early in this thread. Time to post again! More NA, please!

Bring them on!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!