Thread: Val, Sorceress question

Val, Sorceress question

Val,

I almost pmed this question to you, but I thought it might spark some interesting MOTU conversation if you answered here.

I'm curious about the scene you wrote in the MOTU comic where the Sorceress kicks Evil-Lyn in the face. Personally, I was shocked when I saw that panel, but I soon came to appreciate it.

Why did you want the Sorceress to fight hand-to-hand with Evil-Lyn, rather than with magic? Did her fight with King Hiss in the cartoon influence you creatively here?

Do you have any thoughts on why the 200X Sorceress was more physical than her 80s counterpart ever was in battle?
    RIP Andy Conrad.

We wanted her to be more than just a pretty face with magical abilities.
    She's a strong character who can hold her own when her back is against the wall.

But you have to consider, neither Evil-Lyn or Sorceress are fighters. So hand-to-hand for them is more even in skill.
    For example, the Sorceress would never try to take an argument with Scorpia to fisticuffs.

hahaha

I'm sorry, I just have no reference point for Scorpia than the cartoon, so I imagine a brutish, Brooklynized Scorpia yelling at the Sorceress,

"HEY! Boid-lady, come ovah here! I'm gonna clip yawr wings!"

I loved that fight, by the way, and between that and Sorceress's comments about Evil Lyn's magical ability having grown stronger than she'd expected, made me think you guys were laying the ground-work for SOMETHING interesting between them.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    hahaha

I'm sorry, I just have no reference point for Scorpia than the cartoon, so I imagine a brutish, Brooklynized Scorpia yelling at the Sorceress,

"HEY! Boid-lady, come ovah here! I'm gonna clip yawr wings!"

I loved that fight, by the way, and between that and Sorceress's comments about Evil Lyn's magical ability having grown stronger than she'd expected, made me think you guys were laying the ground-work for SOMETHING interesting between them.
    LOL!!! I love the accent bcrduke!!

I thought that particular panel was quite shocking. It's obviously something people remember. I think we were as surprised as Evil-Lyn was. It was especially brilliant the way she gets knocked out right after she's announcing how powerful she is.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I had the same thought as bcrduke regarding the Sorceress' comment to Evil-Lyn. Pray tell, when you guys release the bible / update the site, will we get any hints about what her motivation was for saying this?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    Haven't both of them shown to be at least somewhat proficient in martial combat? A young Evil-Lyn once defeated Beastman with using only her staff as a melee weapon, and the Sorceress tripped Hsss up with a kick and tried to finished him of by hitting him with her staff weapon.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!