Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC The Star Sisters Discussion Thread...

MOTUC The Star Sisters Discussion Thread...

- Do you think these characters will be released individually or as a set? Monthly figure/set or comic-con exclusive(s)?

- What kind of backstory/bio would you create for them?

- Any thoughts on how you'd want them to look?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It's still kind of early to say, I think. We aren't seeing multi-packs yet (though I have my fingers crossed for Randor and Marlena). As for exclusives, their obscurity probably isn't an issue given He-Ro, but then He-Ro was mentioned in two bios prior to being announced. When we start seeing PoP bios, we'll probably get a better picture of potential PoP con exclusives. Right now, I kind of doubt they will be sold together because they would need a lot of new parts, and I don't think one of the three will be an exclusive while the other two are regular releases. It'd be cool if they come out over the course of a year: one in January, one in June, then one in December.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 17, 2009 at 08:16pm.

I could see there being a 3 box set with glory bird for around $60-70.00 later on down the line.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They will be unique sculpts so I doubt we'll see them anytime soon. I do like the look of Jewelstar a lot.

Wasn't Starla the leader of the three? I could see Mattel releasing Starla as a convention exclusive (packaged with Glory Bird)- and then maybe releasing the other two star sisters as regular monthly figures.

But it would also be cool to get them all as a set...

Last edited by River; May 17, 2009 at 11:31am.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I would soooo love them to come out as a set with Glory Bird!

I'm soooo picking up 2!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    A 3 figures set with Glory Bird included...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This thread is useless without pictures of the Star Sisters and I don't mean a portrait...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This thread is useless without pictures of the Star Sisters and I don't mean a portrait...
    I painted that portrait MegaGear, but that's okay I didn't take it personally- here are some prototype pictures (so the thread won't be useless anymore):

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I never had an emotional attachment to a few of the later POP gals because I never had em, or they made such a rare appearance I didn't remember them as well. If we never got the Star Sisters I could live. That aside I think Jewel Star would make an excellent looking toy. I love translucent figure
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Those figures look pretty cool. I would love to see them in MOTUC.

I can't wait to see what the 4H do with the Star Sisters! And bring on Glory Bird too!! Can't wait!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

hey guys, for all of you POP fans out there, I have a question that has to do with my curiosity about the star sisters and my next to none knowledge about them and some of the intricacies of the POP line as a whole. If the Star Sisters were to be done as MOTUC, wouldn't Mattel run into a great many problems with their large baggy outfits, long flowing hair, etc? They have stated several times before that they will not be doing rooted hair, and I'm pretty sure we shouldn't expect to ever see cloth outfits, or fabrics of any kind. How would they be able to reproduce the elaborate designs of the Star Sisters and other similar POP characters?

All PoP figures are going to have sculpted hair in MotU Classics, this is confirmed. Not worried about the "flowing" garments, the 4H are wizards at what they do,
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Bring them on!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would like to see them made at some point. But it would be better if they were made as a box set of all 3 figure. If it was an exclusive to SDCC. If morning Glory was added. I bet she would be dropped for the Matty release. Just like Gleek was.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPuncher View Post
    hey guys, for all of you POP fans out there, I have a question that has to do with my curiosity about the star sisters and my next to none knowledge about them and some of the intricacies of the POP line as a whole. If the Star Sisters were to be done as MOTUC, wouldn't Mattel run into a great many problems with their large baggy outfits, long flowing hair, etc? They have stated several times before that they will not be doing rooted hair, and I'm pretty sure we shouldn't expect to ever see cloth outfits, or fabrics of any kind. How would they be able to reproduce the elaborate designs of the Star Sisters and other similar POP characters?
    With The Star Sisters (and several of the other POP characters), I feel like the 4H have a lot more wiggle room to play around with the designs, as far as adding things that weren't really there to begin with and/or substituting something in place of say, an outfit, that's only somewhat reminiscent of the original. I mean, translating these fashion-action dolls in MOTUC action figures is pretty dramatic in of itself. We're going to be shocked anyway. hehe

Here's something they could do with Tallstar; make her look like she's a blend of magic and mechanics. (by substituting with cable attachments)

Hmmm. Mechanical Tallstar. I like that.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I had never heard of the sisters until recently, and now I am facinated by them, and would love to see how the 4H tackle them, my only condition is that they retain the translucency (star feature) on the figures. The art of Tallstar is superb, exactly how I see them doing her.
    heres hopin the 4H have slotted in the girls, for next year.

Heroic Warrior
    I've heard the names thrown around a bit, but unlike He-Ro, I really don't know anything about these three. What were their purpose, powers, gimmick....

Who WERE they? That would have a LOT of impact on whether I cared about them or not

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've heard the names thrown around a bit, but unlike He-Ro, I really don't know anything about these three. What were their purpose, powers, gimmick....

Who WERE they? That would have a LOT of impact on whether I cared about them or not
    LEGEND OF THE STAR SISTERS

"Long ago, an evil sorceress, jealous of the Star Sister's power, trapped them in a shooting star, and sent them hurtling through space. They crash-landed into Sky Dancer, and lodged within the mountain. There they remained for many years, until, quite by chance, She-Ra happened to be traveling up Sky Dancer by a different route, due to heavy rains and a mudslide. Swift Wind's hooves accidentally loosened the stone covering the entrance to the Sisters' prison, and She-Ra discovered this strange secret within the mountain. Upon her touch, the crystal enclosing the Star Sisters melted away, and She-Ra met four amazing new friends. Filled to bursting with gratitude, the Star Sisters and Glory Bird pledged their eternal devotion and aid to She-Ra, the beginning of a beautiful relationship!"

Some additional info:

The Star Sister's reside in the Crystal Caverns (it isn't named in that Legend) just below the Crystal Castle. They also have to recharge their powers there. According to the toy line descriptions:

- Starla is the leader of The Star Sisters. She has some type of star bursting action.

- Tallstar's a spy/lookout with the ability to stretch to great lengths. -- Double the size, though in the Filmation cartoon she seemed to have unlimited stretching abilities.

- Jewelstar can fold into an indestructible gem, and apparently has hypnotic powers over enemies.

I could see these coming out, and I'd buy them. They sound more like warriors than a lot of the other POP characters. It be cool if they were released as a box set at comic con for like $60 or on matty for $60. Individually would be cool too, because then it could be incorperated into a story for your figures, "Search for the Star Sisters"....

Based on that amazing drawing, I want Tallstar first :-)

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar

MOTUC Star Sisters Speculation and Discussion

With all the excitement about the Star Sisters (and others) being trademarked, I was wondering how you guys think they would/could/should be pulled off. The Star Sisters have more than earned their spot.

The Fwoosh agrees, shining their own spotlight on the trio.

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/04/the-pop...e-star-sisters.

Your thoughts?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I cannot wait for them! I just PRAY Mattel/4H take the designs and colours from their toy prototypes, so we can have awesome girls like these:

I will DIE if they look like the cartoon versions! *shudders at the cartoon versions*

Seeing as how The Star Sisters aren't in the Style Guide though, I don't think they have a choice this time!

EDIT: This is for TG, the bios of the Star Sisters:

3155 STARLA
    Leader of the STAR SISTERS, three beautiful girls endowed with star powers! Starla is an electric-shocking beauty with a sparkling dress, upon her head she has a magnificent star, looking as if it was going to explode in a moment, and a trasparent backpack full of coloured water. Pressing the button the water starts moving and gives life to a vortex of shining glitters.... dancing stars sparkling in the water!

3156 TALLSTAR
    A far-seeing spy that can stretch up to double her height and watch and check all Etheria from high altitude. She has extendable joints at her neck, arms, flanks and legs: stretching them, Tallstar can extend herself to grow twice her normal dimensions!

3212 JEWELSTAR
    A transforming jewel that helps Shera with her hypnotic powers! Jewelstar can transform herself in a shiny crystal jewel dazzling everyone is looking at it, and making them fall in a magic trance...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 1, 2011 at 02:55am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm thrilled to see Fwoosh getting the word out on the gals, though I wish they would have included a scan of the prototype toys from the American catalog, 'cause I think they look their absolute best there - like clean final versions.

The renditions depicted on the Filmation cartoon and poster sort of missed the mark, in my opinion, but I do think the hair color Filmation used on Tallstar was worlds better than the awful light pink on the poster. It's closer to what's in the American toy catalog. Visually, I prefer Tallstar with the dark magenta-red hair. And that way there's more of a distinction hair-color-wise between her and Jewelstar... The Italian catalog obviously shows early custom-like prototypes, and for Tallstar, I would say: "Use silver paint. Save the special electroplating for Entrapta's figure." The only thing I'm not sure of, is if Tallstar should have a matching silver chest and 'trunk', as shown in the Italian catalog, or the silver/dark red combo of the American Catalog. What do you guys think?

Anyhow, I'd love for Tallstar to have a true action feature (that doesn't compromise the sculpt...I know. I know. I'm asking for a lot here...lol), but Mattel/the 4H will probably go the King Hssss route on her, albeit with a waist extension added to make her taller...which I guess wouldn't be a bad thing on her particular figure. I'd be really surprised if they did any pieces beyond that, though I think the waist and leg extensions are absolutely essential, as those were demonstrated on the prototypes. Won't really be too heartbroken if the arms and neck only have the illusion of extensions. Actually, I'm not even sure if those were functional on either of the prototypes... the arms possibly (in the American catalog), though I don't really see a need to make Tallstar's arms shorter than standard arm length...lmao!

Jewelstar definitely needs to be able to transform. This is a case where I wouldn't mind if the 4H improved upon the original transformation to better mask those legs and give her an actual crystal/jewel-like appearance. hahah! (Italian catalog does it a bit better in that regard, but the sculpt looks waaay compromised) I'll be annoyed if they just slap some jewel armor over top of a standard figure. It has to be part of the sculpt!

Great Fwoosh article and it's very exciting to see The Star Sisters getting so much air time recently. I'm still hoping they do them as a 3-pack it would look amazing.

If they do them individually then Starla will be the first one as she is the leader and I can see Glory Bird been packed in with her. I would imagine that Jewelstar would be second as Toyguru said she was his favourite of the three sisters a while back. Tallstar would be last but I hope she has her action features. I'm not to fussed if Jewelstar can transform if she can then cool but if not oh well.

I really hope that The Star Sisters all have their star staff's as I think they would all look great stood side by side with them. A shield with a jewel would be cool also as I hope all the POP girls have a shield with a jewel.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod