Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.20 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.20 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Are fans likely to see a cardbord fold out Crystal Castle and/or Snake Mountain with future exclusive figures, or as an extra item to buy on Mattycollector?

2. Will Mattel be celebrating 2002 MOTU's 10th anniversary in 2012?

3. Is there any chance of characters from other Mattel brands making their way into MOTUC, like Hasbro has done with GI Joe by adding Matt Trakker from M.A.S.K?

4. If each figure continues to sell out quickly, will Mattel consider offering two figures in the same releasing date? This way we can get more characters in less time and save on shipping as well.

5. How many new figures will debut at the 2009 SDCC show?

6. Any updates on the collection of classic mini-comics in a book?

7. What percentage of figures are sold to US residents versus international residents, and what countries buy the most MOTUC figures?

8. Due to the economic instability right now in the US and other countries, will Mattel offer something like a three or four-figure subscription feature and/or a way to cancel a subscription? It could prove detrimental to some fans to be locked into a commitment if something unforeseen were to happen like a job loss.

9. What is the status on any merchandising for MOTUC? Anything fans should be on the lookout for?

10. Is there a chance that subscriptions will force a sellout before the figure actually goes on sale? Please clarify if Mattel will be producing a set quantity regardless, or a set quantity + the subscription orders.

--------------

So ask those questions!

9. Regarding subscriptions, if someone wanted to order one or more figures in addition to those they subscribed for, will that figure or figures be shipped separately with an additional shipping cost or along with their subscription figure(s)?
    Question #9 has already been answered at mattycollector.com:

• If you purchase more than one subscription, all figures purchased in a single transaction will be shipped together to the "ship to" address given at the time of purchase.
    • Other figures purchased outside the subscription (JLU, additional MOTU, etc.) will be charged and shipped separately.

***Admin Edit: Thank you for pointing this out!

The line has proven itself to be a great success. How far away are we from seeing 2-packs (or more-packs) released online in the MOTUC line? Preferably with two new characters (or a two-pack of army builder characters such as Horde Troopers or perhaps Royal Guards), and not repaints or rereleased characters. Sets could be themed like an Adam and Adora set, or Rokkon and Stonedar, King Randor and Queen Marlena, etc.

Question #6 has already been answered in one of our very own Q&A sessions.

4. Fans have noticed that Mattel has DCU stands available online.
    Will these stands work for MOTUC figures or will MOTUC have their own stands created? If MOTUC will get their own, do you have any idea of what they will look like?

We are looking at introducing MOTUC stands but likely not until 2010.

***Admin Edit: Thank you for pointing this out! Yet another reason to read existing Q&A sessions.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Do you plan to produce also characters who share the same kind of "specificity" or "theme" (like, say, Ram Man and Butthead, Snout Spout and Tuskador, or Sy-Klone and Spinwit) ?

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    This will be the 1st time I posted a question to ask.Why wont Mattel attend the Wizard World Comic Con? Mattel did not attend 08's WWCC either.I've gone there every year for the past 7 or 8 years,and last year,no Mattel.Now during those years I got the impression on my own,and from talking with other MOTU fans there,that WWCC has alot more MOTU that attend,then any other Con.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

in the subscription description(oh that rhymes) it says that we will get a figure a month "at current prices".

this has worried some people. is there a chance that MOTUC would INCREASE?!!

according to the last "ask matty" we found that a decrease in price wont happen even though production is increasing.

please tell us that prices won't "increase" and that people wont have to get a subscription to not only guarantee a monthly figure but also guarantee the $20 price as well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Any updates on figure cases or a 'life-sized' role-play Sword Of Power?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Question

Not exactly a MOTU Classics question... but still a question that only Mattel can answer:

In the 1980s, Mattel sponsored a US mall tour for MOTU. These events included live actors in MOTU costumes and a really cool Castle Grayskull walk-through display of all the MOTU figures. Does Mattel have anything in their files (pictures, designs, plans, etc...) that can be shared with the fans for archival purposes?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Will the great performance of MOTUC in 2009 cause Mattel to increase the yearly budget allocations for the MOTUC line in 2010 or could the budget suddenly get increased if Mattel sees that they have a hit on their hands and they decide to quickly capitalize on it?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I know that produce a playset in a low run can be very expensive. Is there any chance to make only the facade of the Snake Mountain in plastic?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Will Mattel create high heeled feet as well as flat foot molds for female characters? She-Ra and The Sorceress stood at the same height as He-Man because of their high heels where as Teela and Evil-Lyn were shorter because of their flat boots.
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; May 24, 2009 at 09:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    With the picture of Webstor revealed. Are we to expect the 8-back Skeletor shinguard and fin arms to be shared with all figures that in the toy line shared Skeletor's leg and arms, ie Kobra Kahn, Scare Glow, Ninjor, even though the art back for the figures shows different arms and legs?

Are you guys going to take in the numbers for the subscription service, and use that information to make a better estimate of what a good production run should be for these figures now in this market?

Example. We know you're upping the production number for Triklops, is there time to up the production number again for Webstor and the following figures if there's a big demand for the subscription?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I have asked this once before, and I am aware of the rules about posting questions, but I feel it is worth repeating since it wasn't answered (to my knowledge). So, Will Vac Metalizing be utilized when appropriate i.e. Jitsu's hand, Spikor's trident, He-Ro's torso and boots?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

This is an old but modified question (counts as new), so with all due respect:
    Now at 8 different figures/characters released, is Mattel planning to re-release EACH ONE of them (means ALL not some) again either in a reissued/repaint/redecored way and when it would be after their respective 1st release. I know it was said it would take 8-12 months prior original release of a figure, but we're 8 months after KingGrayskull and there's no solid info about it. Thanks
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    'life-sized' role-play Sword Of Power?
    Great question man!!

My question to Mattel is:
    Realistically when can we expect different sculpts?
    As much as I love the line, having Merman and Zodak back to back lacks variety something fierce. A Trap Jaw, Roboto, Man-e-Faces or Blast Attack would mix things up nicely.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Great question man!!

My question to Mattel is:
    Realistically when can we expect different sculpts?
    As much as I love the line, having Merman and Zodak back to back lacks variety something fierce. A Trap Jaw, Roboto, Man-e-Faces or Blast Attack would mix things up nicely.
    Hordak and He-ro have different sculpts.But I get what you mean though.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Yeah, Hordak and He-Ro will brake things up nicely but aside from Teela, then what?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Some fans have noticed a decline in the quality of the Paint apps,And although we are aware that the figures are hand Painted, is there any way to fix this problem at the factory, and what sort of Quality control measures are in place if any.

Will Webstor have a working 'climbing' action, or is the backpacks string only for show, like on the Staction?

Will varient figures be produced that take up the normal monthly slot or will they (should they be made at all) be bonus figures and exclusives? (EG, dragon blaster skeletor, battle armour he-man and 200x varients like the 200x sorceress and prince adam). While some fans (myself included) love varients, I'm sure some would rather have a completely fresh character each month, and would complain about the likes of hurricane hordak taking up a slot that could be filled with their favorite character they're eagerly awaiting.

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    Now that the line has really taken off, and many fans are eagerly awaiting characters from POP and NA, is it possible to have figures from each of these lines released per month? i.e., one figure each from MOTU, POP, NA, and 200X. Or a regular MOTU figure with rotating POP, NA. 200X figure each month. You could even go so far as to have multiple subscription options.

Could we please do a fan's choice character for an upcoming figure? You guys did this with Dcuc (The Question) and I think it would be a great idea for the Motuc. Especially since this line is exclusive and soley for collectors.

This would make a perfect bonus figure and would be a great way to thank the fans for making the line such a great success.

Can you, at this point, tell us how many POP figures will we have on 2010?