Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.18!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.18!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 18 questions!

-------------------

1. Why did Matty process the unsubmitted orders fans made on 4/15 when those fans managed to place a new order during the 2nd Mer-Man batch offering on 4/29? This resulted in many fans getting charged for orders they didn't want and couldn't afford.
    Unfortunately there was a technical error due to the higher than expected traffic to the site. If fans are still having have any difficulties ordering from MattyCollector.com, please call our customer service number 1 877 GO MATTY and a representative will be happy to resolve your issue.

2. What will Mattel do to compensate for fans who cannot order these figures at work due to internet restrictions? The constant quick sell-outs make it an unfair impossibility for a number of fans to even order these figures from Mattel.
    We are now offering a subscription service for all of the figures in the line. By signing up for the subscription it will guarantee you can get each figure. The 2009 subscription will go on sale May 18th and will include the Sept through Dec 2009 figures. See MattyCollector.com for all the details!

3. Will Mattel do what Sideshow toys does and offer a "second chance waiting list?" That way if extra figures show up by returns or are found in stock, those figures could be sold to people on the "second chance list" on a first-come-first-serve basis.
    No, we won’t be offering this type of service. But we will be going back into production on older sold out figures to give fans a second chance down the road.

4. Why do International fans and other fans within the USA have to pay sales tax when their state and/or country is not listed in the Matty Collector FAQ as a taxable destination?
    Certain States and countries have applicable sales tax and required tarfits. Please see the FAQ on MattyCollector.com for a full list.
    ***JVS3 Note: Toyguru tells us the FAQ info was updated late week.

5. Why won't Mattel include convention exclusives in the subscription service?
    Convention figures may change in price or release date.

6. One of the downsides of the original classic line is an open left hand that prevented the holding of weapons. Why are some MOTUC figures designed with this same flaw?
    This is an aesthetic chosen by the Four Horsemen on a figure-by-figure basis. We tend to give them leeway to make the call on how each figure should look and are very pleased with their work so far!

7. Why the long delay between the re-release of sold out figures?
    The production schedule determines the time it takes to re-release a sold out figure, and that can take time.

8. Is there another raffle for a rare figure schedule for this year's SDCC?
    ***JVS3 edit: There are no MOTUC raffles for this year's SDCC. Only a DCUC related raffle.

9. Is He-ro designed in part to provide pieces for Bow for an upcoming release?
    He was not intentionally designed to be for Bow, but we could use some of his parts for Bow or other figures if it works out. We’ll have to see.

10. Since the number of MOTUC figures produced and sold is increasing, are there plans to lower the price of the figures?
    Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. While the number of figures produced is increasing, we still manufacture collectible figures in limited quantities.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 20!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 18 questions!

not a very interesting WTFWTK this time round

Yea, I agree. Sadly this was the weakest of all the WTFWTK. Hopefully that doesn't mean were running out of useful questions already

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Yea, I agree. Sadly this was the weakest of all the WTFWTK. Hopefully that doesn't mean were running out of useful questions already
    Nope, they just aren`t answering them

Not much to read about this time around.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

The only response that was somewhat interesting was the one about He-Ro/Bow.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Nope, they just aren`t answering them
    Sure they did (aside from the international taxes one, but it sounds like they're going to). I just think the questions weren't all that interesting or exciting since they were mostly technical questions about how the figures are ordered/paid for. It's not like they could say "There was a technical problem--please call customer service, and by the way Fearless Photog is the December figure."
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Poe Ghostal got the "money" answer for MOTUC so far this month:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/05/as...or-may-15.html

How soon can we expect to see some hints or preview pics of Battle Cat?

We’’ll have him at SDCC.

i think that last question about lower prices was mine. that is the answer i figured we would have got. i am surprised mine got sent in actually.

well here is to hoping prices never INCREASE
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Poe Ghostal got the "money" answer for MOTUC so far this month:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/05/as...or-may-15.html

GAAAHHH YES he certainly did!!! Thank you for the link! OH GOD THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i think that last question about lower prices was mine. that is the answer i figured we would have got. i am surprised mine got sent in actually.

well here is to hoping prices never INCREASE
    That was a good question, though the answer, like you said, was expected. No sensible business would lower the price on such a hot product.

I think cost was one area where the popularity of MOTUC hurt us.

With some resistance or apprehension from consumers, they might have felt the price was too high and reacted accordingly. But with all of us jumping on with both feet, the idea of lowering to a more reasonable action-figure price that we'd be used to went right out the window.

I think the only way we'll see a lower price now is if MOTUC were to somehow go to mass retail at Target, Walmart, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    not a very interesting WTFWTK this time round
    Could be part of the blame goes to the questions asked? Just sayin'.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    1. Why did Matty process the unsubmitted orders fans made on 4/15 when those fans managed to place a new order during the 2nd Mer-Man batch offering on 4/29? This resulted in many fans getting charged for orders they didn't want and couldn't afford.
    Unfortunately there was a technical error due to the higher than expected traffic to the site. If fans are still having have any difficulties ordering from MattyCollector.com, please call our customer service number 1 877 GO MATTY and a representative will be happy to resolve your issue.
    I mean no disrespect to Toyguru (because I'm sure in many cases, including this one, he's just passing along information that is decided over his head), but the thing that really bugs me about this answer is that it does nothing to address the real problem. It tells you what to do if you are having a problem while in the process of ordering... it does NOTHING to help people correct the problem when they discover that multiple orders went through after the fact.

Some people wanted to cancel orders, but customer service wouldn't allow it (I won't go naming names, but I know of someone who got 2 email confirmations, called to cancel one of them, was told it couldn't be canceled, and the customer service rep flat out suggested that he sell the extras on ebay), and there's no way to return the order without losing a ton of money on shipping both ways.

There needs to be more than can be done to correct these issues after the point of ordering (but before the point of shipping).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Hey Val, you've got all the Q&A's from OTHER sites on the home page, but not this one yet! Give yourself some love man!

Yes on one hand the questions weren't so interesteing, However Mattel really ties our hands. I think so many of us want to know when and who is coming out and we can't ask that question. We still haven't found out what Hordak will look without armor and it seems Mattel will just do what they do and the fans have little say. Well... in that enviroment how in the heck-tor-kur can we feel apart of something to come up with questions. Maybe if they allowed more questions that didn't say who was coming out but perhaps what series they came out Ex. ( next year we will make 3 figures from the 85 series ) then we could get some idea of whos next without them telling us exactly, but i'm pretty sure even thats not allowed. really what can we ask?

I asked the one about the wait between first and 2nd releases. I feel TG answered that question without really answering it!

The question was originally longer, as I pointed out that if people who missed out on the figure first time round, could end up buying one on ebay, when that money should go to Mattel
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I asked the one about the wait between first and 2nd releases. I feel TG answered that question without really answering it!

The question was originally longer, as I pointed out that if people who missed out on the figure first time round, could end up buying one on ebay, when that money should go to Mattel
    ToyGuru's also told us in the past that they have to purchase the raw materials for the figures 8 months in advance, so it will be at least that long from the moment they decide to go back into production on any particular figure.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I wish we had some more definite answers on missed figures also. I had collected the whole line up until I couldn't get the Faker figure. I have a full time job and then some.

I don't have time to surf the internet while I am making presentations to my teams about how we need to move our own product to make $$$.

I realize the subscription service is for people like me, but it is a little too late because I already feel like the system let me down. I am already missing figures now so I am less inclined to continue to collect the line.

I guess I feel Mattel should hook up those customers that started purchasing from the beginning with King Grayskull. Offer me a way to be assured I will get my hands on the figures I missed and then I would be willing to do the subscription service otherwise oh well it is just more figures I will miss.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

You mentioned that sold out figures will be offered to fans again, in case they missed out. Will convention figures and such also be offered again? IE: king greyskull and He-ro. Perhaps release them in different packaging or with any differences to the original figures themselves to differentiate them from the original har-to-get versions worth more on the collector market. Or will it just have a V2 printed on the card and keep the figure identical for loose collectors?

Mattel said a while back that KG would be re-released in standard packaging eventually, but with minor differences to keep the SDCC one unique.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. Why do International fans and other fans within the USA have to pay sales tax when their state and/or country is not listed in the Matty Collector FAQ as a taxable destination?
    Certain States and countries have applicable sales tax and required tarfits. Please see the FAQ on MattyCollector.com for a full list.
    How does that answer the question? The question asked why are they charged when it's NOT listed in the FAQ.

I do not think that something like an "international sales tax" actually exists... Besides the F.A.Q. still doesn't explain why international customers are being charged sales tax as no country is listed as taxable in there. It just talks about custom taxes which they say it's not there responsibility to collect (and this SHOULD indeed be true).
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub