Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does Zodac fit in with your personal canon or universe?

Where does Zodac fit in with your personal canon or universe?

Personally, I never bought the idea of Zodac helping either side who needs it more to create balance. Especially if he was once an Elder who fought for good. In my opinion, someone neutral would not necessarily be carrying a weapon around, and they definitely would not involve themselves in a conflict.

Zodak from MYP was obviously less problematic in determining where he stood. He was out for his own interests however benevolent they may be.

My Zodac's backstory is that of an Elder who went rogue by betraying his legacy and the demonic clawed feet was a result of an unholy transformation due to his expulsion from the graces of Grayskull. He now travels the spaceways as a Cosmic Enforcer seeking both trust and redemption and finding it hard to receive both. His intentions may be ultimately good, but he is more of a loner or antihero.

I think Zodac is one of many cosmic enforcers that have existed for ages. Sort of like the Green Lantern Corps but with bug-eye helmets.
    Last edited by Fist Fisto; May 17, 2009 at 04:46pm.
    FISTO'S BACK, BABY!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    poor Zodac is getting too much bad press this week

Anyway, I really like Zodac/Zodak always has been a favourite of mine. ZodaC I have always put as a neutral warrior who is more inclined to work for Skeletor. ZodaK also neutral but more on the side of good - both seperate characters.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I have him like in the same way as the Filmation series. Sorceress' ally and Enforcer of the Cosmos!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

In my own little version of events (in my fanfiction, that is -- plug, plug), I made Zodak out to be a very mysterious, very powerful being who always sought to maintain the balance of good and evil on Eternia. Sometimes, he would help He-Man, sometimes he would help Skeletor. When Eternia itself was over it's head with danger, he would ally himself with those involved to end such danger.

Zodak was a member of a Green Lantern Corps-like Cosmic Enforcers, who would sometimes align themselves with the Galactic Council (from "New Adventures"). Ultimately, though, Zodak and the Cosmic Enforcers were at the heart of a conspiracy that involves not only the origins of Eternia and Etheria, but also why Eternia has such advanced technology . . .

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Zodac/k for me is something of a fan fiction project. This is how I string together the 4 designs for Zodac over the years:

The suit seeks out a replacement when the current Zodac shows too much partiality. That's how it goes from the evil 4H alien originator to the Filmation Zodac, then from the evil-looking shark-like toy Zodac to the benevolent and final 200x Zodak, who would break the enchantment on the suit.

Zodac (I) was originally the name of an evil alien entity who created the suit and its powers under the pretense of neutrality to appease the Council of Elders. Only Eldor was able to see through his intentions however, and placed an enchantment upon the suit which would ultimately cause Zodac I's downfall.

When Morgoth decided to wipe out all opposition to him in Preternia, Zodac I and King Hiss aided him by attacking a tribe that served as staunch allies to the king. Zodac I, Hiss and the Snakemen wiped out the entire tribe except for the leader, Aquinos and his newly pregnant wife Teela'na.

Hiss detected the unborn child via his enhanced reptilian senses and decided to make the woman his slave and her child a warrior for his own purposes. He bit her with a special acting poison that would destroy the mother's free will and transform the DNA of the developing fetus.

Aquinos intervened and Teela'na escaped into what appeared to be certain death within the Preternian wilderness. Aquinos himself would have died had it not been for Zodac's curse when it caused him to freeze in place as Aquinos delivered the fatal blow.

As soon as Zodac I had died, the suit attached itself to the victor. Aquinos became Zodac II and with his incredible new powers, banished the Snakemen to an inter-dimensional prison.

I could write more, but I figure I've bored enough people to tears already.
    Last edited by Inhibitor; May 17, 2009 at 06:34pm.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    to me both Zodak(c)s are the same character. for whatever reason they had to change the spelling of the name, just as they did with King Hiss (Hsss), and Fisto (battle fist...ugh...), Rattlor (the General), kobra khan (venom spittting khan, lol). I don't put any more thought into it than that. same guy, slightly diff looks.

To me, He'll always be one of the good guys. He's certainly not an evil malicious villan, and seemed quite friendly in both series'. he might have been labeled as 'evil' in the old cardbacks, and neutral now, but to me he'll forever be alongside the good guys.

hopefully everyone will be given back their original names, since imo, the 200x name changes were generally bad.

Inhibitor: I like your Zodak theories... makes sense to me. quite cool.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

For me, ZODAC is an ex-cop turned planet hopping bounty hunter who came to Eternia in search of a baddie....

And stayed.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    to me both Zodak(c)s are the same character. for whatever reason they had to change the spelling of the name, just as they did with King Hiss (Hsss), and Fisto (battle fist...ugh...), Rattlor (the General), kobra khan (venom spittting khan, lol). I don't put any more thought into it than that. same guy, slightly diff looks.

To me, He'll always be one of the good guys. He's certainly not an evil malicious villan, and seemed quite friendly in both series'. he might have been labeled as 'evil' in the old cardbacks, and neutral now, but to me he'll forever be alongside the good guys.

hopefully everyone will be given back their original names, since imo, the 200x name changes were generally bad.

Inhibitor: I like your Zodak theories... makes sense to me. quite cool.
    Thanks for the props man!

Yeah, deep down the character(s) should be good or evil. Neutral characters are a real challenge to portray in any story.

I am not sure what are Zodac's goals, and neither are the eternians. Sometimes he seems to aid the "evil forces" and sometimes the "good guys." It is obvious from the way he speaks that he deals with things beyond comprehension. His actions may sometimes seem irrational, but they never are.

That's how I see him.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I never understood him. I remember when he appeared on the cartoon, I was actually FINALLY given some context in which to place him. He was good from then on.

I did not like him in the MYP cartoon... well, no, that's not true... I liked the character, but it wasn't Zodac. To me, Zodac and Zodak, as of now, are different characters... but it's not really defined.

The only way I can justify the impartiality as being feasible is to think of the Cosmic Enforcers as cosmic stewards, in a way... but they allow free will, and evil, to exist. For example, as long as the Eternians are fighting amongst themselves, without creating a threat to the rest of the universe, then Zodac won't interfere. However, if one force or another does something to threaten other worlds, or the entire universe, then the cosmic enforcers DO interfere. I suppose since Eternia is at the center of the universe, that the enforcers may keep a close watch on them?

I don't know... I just think of him as being a powerful mystic being, who is a skilled fighter with magic/technology... he is a good representation of the planet and its culture: the fusion of magic/mysticism and science/technology.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Never cared much about Zodac(k), his figure looked boring so I never added him to my collection. Always thought of him as a good guy though!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I had him do what was best for the planet type of view. WHich due to He-Man put him on the Good side 90% of the time. But he was willing to do things a little rougher if need be.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I've touched upon this in several other threads, but I have a dream story that would pan out into a new cartoon / live-action series... in my dreams.
    I won't go into it all now, but one of the key things at the beginning is that Skeletor and Evil-Lyn combine their powers to overthrow the Sorceress and Grayskull and rob He-Man of his powers.
    I think Zodac is much more exciting as an evil character.

...Besides, how does that whole "neutral" thing work? Like, if He-Man is bieng too heroic, does Zodac go and help Skeletor? Never really made sense to me.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fisto View Post
    I think Zodac is one of many cosmic enforcers that have existed for ages. Sort of like the Green Lantern Corps but with bug-eye helmets.
    I share this theory. I mean, "Cosmic Enforcer" has GL vibes written all over it. Forget the neutrality thing, I like to think he's more of an intergalactic space cop.

As a kid Zodac was always a good guy. And with the 2000 series cannon he still remains that way
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

In my own personal mythos, like some of yours, Zodac as part of a group of Cosmic Enforcers who are supposed to be neutral. Zodac, though, has broken somewhat with that tradition, leaning toward the good side, and thus has been largely made outcast by his fellows.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Evil & Armed For Combat TrapJaw's Avatar
    My version of Zodac is more of a neutral figure, but allied with He-Man. The Cosmic Enforcers are dedicated to the ideals of a Pythagorean-styled Cosmos, that is to say that the Cosmos isn't just space or the Universe, but that it is existence itself, and that it is a divinely ordered creation.

In my fan-fic setting, Eternia is a world similar to author Robert Zelazny's Amber--it is a world that exists at the center of reality and is connected to all times and all universes. Whatever effects Eternia, will effect everything else, albiet to different degrees.

It is the solemn duty of the Cosmic Enforcers to ensure that Eternia doesn't fall too far into entropy (chaos and destruction). They also mustn't allow it too become too ordered, for then stagnation would set in and the Cosmos would never evolve to its next form. In this way they are similar to Judeao-Christian angels, but they neither serve nor worship any specific deity as a whole. They are dedicated only to the Cosmos.

The Cosmic Enforcers chose their members from all time and all places. Zodac is the last to be chosen and the last of the Enforcers.

As my Eternia is based on the original mini-comics, it is a sort of primitive place at the moment, just beginning to recover from the Great Wars (which were fought in part by the Cosmic Enforcers and by Zodac himself). Skeletor being the Lord of Destruction, poses a great threat to Eternia, and thusly everything. If he manages to unlock the secrets of Grayskull, he could very well end all of existence. So Zodac, though weakened by his age, has allied himself with He-Man and company in an effort to stop Skeletor.

Zodac helps He-Man and his allies mostly through giving them counsel or warning. He can't fight Skeletor directly or even let Skeletor know that he exists. If the undead sorcerer learned that his ancient enemy still lived, he would try to steal his lifeforce and add it to his own. Then Skeletor would most likely prove to be unstoppable.

At least that's what I came up with years ago and still haven't finished writing.
    "HA! If such as you are the best that this world can muster, then it is already won!" Trap-Jaw, from the Menace of Trap-Jaw!

when it comes to the toys, zodac is a straight up good guy. always has been for me.

I'm working on something for him, 'cause I never originally had any story for the guy! All I knew was that he could fly (don't remember where I would have saw him flying, but I have an image in my head from something showing that...) and that he had evil arms and legs....so I made him evil. At one point, though, I remember using him as a good guy as well. Not sure why, or where I would have come across the information. Perhaps from the cartoon, though I barely remember any of it.

Anyhow, I think I might work on something different for him, since the 200X version and his neutrality is really interesting. I kinda want to leave it to him. The original version seems like he should be totally different. Perhaps I'll base him on whatever I used to use him as.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    In my canon, Zodac is a neutral godlike being out to preserve the balance of the universe. He is beyond the trivialties of good and evil, akin to Galactus.

Usually he helps He-Man when Skeletor's plans threaten to upset the cosmic balance of the universe. While He-Man isn't likely to upset the cosmic balance on his end, Zodac WILL help Skeletor to thwart He-Man if He-Man were tempted to eradicate all evil on Eternia. If He-Man is a on some kind of roll, crushing Hordak, King Hiss, Flogg and Skeletor--then Zodac could be counted among those enemies.

This causes a philosophical rift between the two, since the outsider Zodac views evil as necessary, while the still mortal He-Man would rid Eternia of all of it's evils. He-Man thinks Zodac has grown so far beyond humanity that he's lost touch.

In a way I could unsterstand why Zodac never got much play...try to explain the concept of neutrality to a kid, who is used to black and white concepts of good vs evil.

Now Zodak is another story. He would be like Zodac, but King Hiss ate Zeehlar and made it personal, thus making him an ally against King Hiss. Otherwise, he would be like Zodac.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Much like 200X Zodac is a loner but he travels the cosmos keeping balance in the universe. Zodac fights for his own purposes and that`s what makes him a neutral entity. He`s neither Good nor Evil but will, but wil fight either side to keep the universe at balance

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Zodac = Metron in JLA Rock of Ages by Grand Morrison.

Read it.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

One thing is for sure, Zodac couldn't last a minute on these boards.

i never carried for him much as a kid, but i like the idea of him being a good guy like 200X