Thread: May 15th MOTUC Q and A Round-Up!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

May 15th MOTUC Q and A Round-Up!!!

Keep your eyes peeled, guys! If you see ANY new MOTUC info in a new Q and A, just add it to this thread!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?o...=1335&Itemid=1

3. So... Mer-Man production numbers went up and he still sold out (AGAIN!) in about an hour on the second go around. Doesn't seem like enough was done to help out the fans, what is next? We want to be able to get our MOTUC figures!

We increased production on the MOTU figures again (starting with Tri-Klops). Zodac, Hordak and Man-At-Arms will all be produced in the same amount as Mer Man. Additionally, between May 18 and 24, we will offer a subscription program to pre-purchase the last four MOTU figures of 2009 and in August we will offer a subscription to pre-buy all of the 2010 figures!
    http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009...nd-up-for-5159

3. Now that you’re getting deeper into the Masters of the Universe roster, with lots of the big-hitters released or announced, how does the team go about picking who’ll be coming up down the road? And seriously, what do I need to do to make sure Jitsu gets in the line-up? Do I need to start a Facebook group called No Jitsu, No Jacksons? ;-)

We always take fan demand for specific characters into consideration as we’re planning the line. We will get to Jitsu in time, he is an important character with a big following!

5. All right - here goes our latest attempt at fulfilling the ActionFigurePics.com mission to show pictures with each post - how about some more pictures of any of the upcoming SDCC exclusives?

There will be some new images in an upcoming issue of Toy Fare magazine showing off the different variants of He-Ro as well as the back of his cape!
    Thanks to RocketPunch and PoeGhostal for this one, especially that last question:

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/05/as...or-may-15.html

It’s been stated that Mattycollector.com’s goal is to have MOTUC figures on sale for about two weeks before they sell out. Given that so many people order as soon as they go on sale, is that a realistic goal? Obviously as long as they’re selling out in less than an hour they’re being under-produced, but some of us are becoming concerned that these early sell-outs will create a “bubble” for MOTUC speculation that will cause Mattel to over-produce the line and then, when sales lag for less popular characters, the line might be prematurely canceled. How is Mattel taking these issues into account?

We are increasing production of MOTUC figures and will also go back into production on the older figures who have sold out.

philipjreed asks: Approximately how many Mer-Men were shipped? Will the larger production runs bring down the price on future figures?

All of the Mer-Men produced were shipped, but we do not give out production numbers or future pricing.

How soon can we expect to see some hints or preview pics of Battle Cat?

We’ll have him at SDCC.
    BattleCat at SDCC!!! A Jitsu name drop! And some He-Ro variant news.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 18, 2009 at 09:35am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

He-ro variant? damn I hate the sound of that already. I don't know if I can be as lucky like with KG last year.

They've already said what the variant will be - he will come with different colored crystals in his staff.... although the SDCC version of He-Ro is supposed to have one other difference they haven't revealed yet.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaViper View Post
    He-ro variant? damn I hate the sound of that already.
    I agree.

Poe Ghostal's got his Q&A up. Expect to see Battle Cat at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    They've already said what the variant will be - he will come with different colored crystals in his staff.... although the SDCC version of He-Ro is supposed to have one other difference they haven't revealed yet.
    I bet it's that the back of the cape will have the crest that appears on She-Ra's chest armor.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    And they said his staff will be closed in the package, so you won't know what color stone you have unless you open him.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    That is going to be rough, not knowing the stone color.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Poe Ghostal's got his Q&A up. Expect to see Battle Cat at SDCC.
    WOW! Awesome news!!

Yeah I don't see what the big hubbub is over them talking about "He-Ro" variants. They've said his crystal would be different colors and that the one sold specifically at SDCC would also have something unique about it…and so it should.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    WOW! Awesome news!!

Yeah I don't see what the big hubbub is over them talking about "He-Ro" variants. They've said his crystal would be different colors and that the one sold specifically at SDCC would also have something unique about it…and so it should.
    I think people don't want another Gleek. If it were something like the SDCC version came with Eldor, people would be plenty ****ed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Battlecat at SDCC is great news! Can't wait to see what he looks like.

Heroic Warrior
    Has it been stated if we're gonna get Battle Cat by the end of the year or early next year?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Can't wait to see Battlecat at SDCC I hope he's HUGE.

Grenadspice - Toyguru said he's coming out as a bonus figure in 2010.

Oh! I missed seeing the Battle Cat at SDCC bit.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."