View Poll Results: Have you ever senn this guy?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I have some info to share!

2 10.53%
  • I don't remember this guy.

17 89.47%

Thread: Have you ever seen this guy?

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar

Have you ever seen this guy?

I was lucky enough to get a resin prototype for an unproduced good guy of New Adventures He Man line.
    I tried to conjecture what characther name was (his resemblence with a NA man at arms is really amazing, yet I can't be sure of it).
    Maybe some expert of the cartoon line has seen him and can give me some info.
    Or maybe it appears in some unproduced catalogue pages (like the Evil Robot of the Horde, maybe...)
    Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The picture is quite small, I can't really see it. Could you post a bigger one.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Mmmm. I don't recognize him (Can you get a bigger pic?)... but -- and I could be mistaken -- wasn't there another toy line that used some of the NA body styles/parts? I know you said he's made of resin, but perhaps he could be for that other line?

Larger pics

Here is a better Pic.
    The seller was a former employee at Mattel, he told me it was produced for NA he man line that was discontinued and it saw no release.
    He also sold a Battle Blase Skeletor test shoot to me.
    He is pretty know and he even sold an He-Ro concept sketch so some fellow orger (I don't know who).

The figure is no tiny like the first fugures released. It has quite big arms and large boots and torso. Just like the latest figures of He Man line (Missile Armour Flipshot, Spin Fist Hydron, Hook'em Brakk and Too Tall Hoove). It was probably skulpted by same staff that created Battle Blade Skeletor and Thunder Purnch He Man.
    It has surely that style, look at the pics.

It makes me think it was probably a Earth counterpart of a galactic guardian
    (MA flipshot is Sky and SF Hydron is Water).

I don't know nothing of the cartoon (in Italy it never arrived as far as I know).
    Were there some episodes with MA flipshot and Spin Fist Hydron???
    I guess this unproduced figure can appear in such episodes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it; July 8, 2008 at 06:58am. Reason: forgot pics to attach :#|

Cool stuff, Andrea.

It might and I mean might be a variant of Kayo. At the end of NA Hydron, Flipshot and Kayo got weapon upgrades. Flipshot the Missile Armor, Hydron the Spin Fist and Kayo got some sort of Bazookas added to his armor... He's the onyl character I can think this might be....Sorry I can not be of more help....
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

THANKS TallStar and Swift Wind!

Swift Wind, where did you find you info on Kayo upgraded with bozookas?????

I am VERY interested in the matter!

The face of this guy is more similar to Nocturna than Kayo, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    THANKS TallStar and Swift Wind!

Swift Wind, where did you find you info on Kayo upgraded with bozookas?????

I am VERY interested in the matter!
    That info is from the cartoon like the last few episodes of it. So like I said it is only a guess..
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a resin prototype for an unproduced good guy of New Adventures He Man line.
    I tried to conjecture what characther name was (his resemblence with a NA man at arms is really amazing, yet I can't be sure of it).
    Maybe some expert of the cartoon line has seen him and can give me some info.
    Or maybe it appears in some unproduced catalogue pages (like the Evil Robot of the Horde, maybe...)
    Any help is appreciated!
    I believe what you have is a Mattel prototype of a potential character for the N/A toyline. Understand that during the process of developing a toyline, a toy manufacturer creates far more prototypes than there are characters that eventually make it into the toyline or the television series. The prototypes undergo scrutiny by many focus groups (made up of seven and eight-year old boys, in this case). Prototypes that don't test well are culled form the line.

I suggest that it's a Mattel prototype because it has certain characteristics -- which I'm not at liberty to talk about -- that are particular to Mattel prototypes. However, I did not see this action figure when the entire N/A toyline was presented to me at Mattel prior to my writing the series bible and pilot episode. Thus, I'd say it was an early victim of low testing in focus groups.

I could be wrong about this because action figures like this can come from other places. Sometimes Mattel modelers even have a bit of fun making up some of their own creations at home -- something that goes strictly against company policy. But if I was a betting man -- which I'm not -- I'd say it's a Mattel prototype and is, if it can be verified, pretty valuable.

Nice find. Can you share with us how you came by it?

Heroic Warrior
    Similar to what Jack said, the only thing that actually came into existence that that figure reminds me of is the early look of Nocturna, which was basically normal Nocturna in Vizar's colours (which appeared in some of the European comics) while Vizar instead had a cape and orange helmet with goggles on (an early concept called Detector).

Looks like a prototype of a second version of Nocturna that may have been proposed for a future wave... The head looks relly like Nocturna's, and the overall shape of the body is similar to those of the more muscular later wave figures...

Mattel updated some NA characters starting from wave 4 (Flogg, Hoove, Hydron, Flipshot), and we know for sure that two others (Kayo and Optikk) were in the making too (their gimmick even appeared in the toon)... Maybe Nocturna was one of the revamped characters that was unfortunately scrapped when the line was cancelled.
    Anyway, it's a great find, and a very nice figure you got here ! Congrats !

didn't they use NA figure molds for a Judge Dread line?
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

Quote Originally Posted by orkoclown93 View Post
    didn't they use NA figure molds for a Judge Dread line?

No. They used parts for another STALLONE movie... Demolition Man

I have seen a few of these figures for sale on EBAY. Not this one in particular, but its a safe bet he is from that line.

Except he isn't.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Is this going to become the Wonderbread He-Man of NA???
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    No. They used parts for another STALLONE movie... Demolition Man

I have seen a few of these figures for sale on EBAY. Not this one in particular, but its a safe bet he is from that line.
    Not mentioning my little 23-years-experience in MOTU toys, I have a couple of points that prevent me from thinking that this figure I own could be related to Demolition Man line.

1) It is a resin prototype and it is hand painted. In is held togheter by pieces (pins?) of iron and it can be easily separated in parts (head, arms, body and legs). It is a prototype, believe me!

2) It's design is very similar to the latest NA figures (the upgraded Hook'em Flogg, Missile Armour Flip Shot, Spin Fist Hydron and Too Tall Hoove) and very different from the Demolitin Man's figures.

3) It is surely a prototype and not a toy. His mold is unique. How this can belong to a Demolition Man line? Again the molds of this prototype are unique (as it can be seen from pics) and ALL the demolition man's figures' have reused molds from the previous NA He Man line!

4) The seller is a former Mattel Employee that sold me a prototype catalogue of NA He Man and a test shoot of Battle Blade Skeletor. He has reliable reputation and told me that this is a prototype of an unproduced figure. He clearly remember that this is a NA He Man product but he don't know his name.

Nope, I sure don't, as it don't ring a bell as all.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, but I'd love to have owned one!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE